Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. 08:53 - Jul 7 with 5544 viewsomarjack

Dream on..

[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 9:44]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:16 - Jul 7 with 4303 viewsJethroJack

Delusion, obsession, desperation...you name it, they've all got it.
Tunisia (94th minute), Panama, Belgium 2nd XI (oops), Colombia (pens)...FFS Ć°ÅøĖœÅ 
If they were to fluke it, it would match Greece's effort in the Portugal Euros.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:20 - Jul 7 with 4283 viewsThurrockJack92

53 million creatures? For someone who has claimed on here to have suffered racist abuse you should really know better. Just shows what an utter kant you are.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:28 - Jul 7 with 4267 viewsomarjack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:20 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

53 million creatures? For someone who has claimed on here to have suffered racist abuse you should really know better. Just shows what an utter kant you are.

I said the English (most of them) are being ridiculous in their constant overhyping of their national team. How is that racist?

We're talking sport here. It's only banter and not real racism and you know it. So f*ck off.

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:34 - Jul 7 with 4238 viewsomarjack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:16 - Jul 7 by JethroJack

Tunisia (94th minute), Panama, Belgium 2nd XI (oops), Colombia (pens)...FFS Ć°ÅøĖœÅ 

You've seen how talented the Brazilians were yesterday. Insane individual skills. And still they failed against the superb Belgians.

The French are very similar to Belgium..the match between them is going to be the real final. I'm expecting one of the best matches in history.

How will England fare against one of those exactly?

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:40 - Jul 7 with 4212 viewsThurrockJack92

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:28 - Jul 7 by omarjack

I said the English (most of them) are being ridiculous in their constant overhyping of their national team. How is that racist?

We're talking sport here. It's only banter and not real racism and you know it. So f*ck off.

I think labelling all 53 million of us as creatures is pretty racist, and just because we get a bit passionate about our team?

In any event, we are one of the biggest nations in the world in terms of investment in football infrastructure and host one of the world's most popular leagues, so I really don't get why it gets so many people's backs up when we expect that to translate to our national team.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 9:40]
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 4199 viewsomarjack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:40 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

I think labelling all 53 million of us as creatures is pretty racist, and just because we get a bit passionate about our team?

In any event, we are one of the biggest nations in the world in terms of investment in football infrastructure and host one of the world's most popular leagues, so I really don't get why it gets so many people's backs up when we expect that to translate to our national team.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I meant it as banter, I admit I'm at wrong here and will edit the headline.

I have nothing against the English, We're just taking the p!ss about things that matter little in the grand scheme of things. It's the WC. it comes once every 4 years only and I'm taking advantage with as much banter as possible.

I apologise again.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 9:45]

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:47 - Jul 7 with 4154 views34dfgdf54

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:40 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

Stop being so precious.

F*cking hell thereā€™s some right Jessieā€™s these days
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:50 - Jul 7 with 4140 viewsThurrockJack92

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:43 - Jul 7 by omarjack

I'm sorry you feel that way, I meant it as banter, I admit I'm at wrong here and will edit the headline.

I have nothing against the English, We're just taking the p!ss about things that matter little in the grand scheme of things. It's the WC. it comes once every 4 years only and I'm taking advantage with as much banter as possible.

I apologise again.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 9:45]

I appreciate the apology mate, and I also apologise for getting a bit personal in my first reply.

Guess I am a bit sensitive to this sort of stuff because I personally support every home nation and want them all to do well (except against my own of course.)
Login to get fewer ads

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:58 - Jul 7 with 4089 viewsThurrockJack92

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:47 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Stop being so precious.

F*cking hell thereā€™s some right Jessieā€™s these days

Maybe I am a bit precious about it, that will come from growing up as an Englishman in Swansea around people who held similar sentiments towards my kind. So I am not overly fond of Welsh nationalist types. Would like to add the caveat that most I came across were decent people.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 10:16 - Jul 7 with 4006 viewsNeath_Jack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:50 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

I appreciate the apology mate, and I also apologise for getting a bit personal in my first reply.

Guess I am a bit sensitive to this sort of stuff because I personally support every home nation and want them all to do well (except against my own of course.)

Ignore him mate, heā€™s a whiney little kid. Always the victim yet starts thread after thread pedalling hate against the English. Donā€™t get me wrong I hope you go out tonight but people like him are not worth a wƃĀ nk. Heā€™s exposed himself the past week as being a hateful child.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 10:20 - Jul 7 with 3986 viewsomarjack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 10:16 - Jul 7 by Neath_Jack

Ignore him mate, heā€™s a whiney little kid. Always the victim yet starts thread after thread pedalling hate against the English. Donā€™t get me wrong I hope you go out tonight but people like him are not worth a wƃĀ nk. Heā€™s exposed himself the past week as being a hateful child.

LOL

I'm pedalling hate against the English..yet you hope they go out tonight.

I haven't said anything more than what you just said all this time.

Hypocrisy level just cracked the ceiling at your home I'm sure.

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 10:27 - Jul 7 with 3959 viewsScotia

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:58 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

Maybe I am a bit precious about it, that will come from growing up as an Englishman in Swansea around people who held similar sentiments towards my kind. So I am not overly fond of Welsh nationalist types. Would like to add the caveat that most I came across were decent people.

I don't think you were being precious.

The original title of the thread was racist, banter or not it was out of order. Just because it was about England shouldn't make a difference, if it had been directed at an African country I'd guess he'd have been banned.
Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 3901 viewsmoonie

No it's not most of them. No more than the cretin who reckoned most of Swansea thought ....whatever it was yesterday .

Many people on England aren't bothered. Most probably .
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 11:37 - Jul 7 with 3766 viewsMattG

Personally, I have no objection to the ordinary fan getting passionate about their team - we know all about that after our adventures in Euro 2016. Obviously it should never cross the line into violence but that is only ever a small, if particularly noisy, minority.

What becomes insufferable is the media hype (which, I acknowledge, even the majority of English fans see for what it is) and the sense of entitlement that comes from certain quarters, for example plotting a route to the final after losing to Belgium's second string. There's also the expectation from some that the Welsh, Scots and Irish should, for some reason, be revelling in England's success which, to be frank, is just weird - it's like expecting Cardiff fans to be pleased for us when we beat City, United or Arsenal.

As for the PL, yes it is one of the world's most popular leagues but it's crammed full of foreign talent so I'm not quite how that is meant to translate to success for the English national team.

Enjoy the ride, mate, however long it lasts.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 3747 viewsomarjack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 11:37 - Jul 7 by MattG

Personally, I have no objection to the ordinary fan getting passionate about their team - we know all about that after our adventures in Euro 2016. Obviously it should never cross the line into violence but that is only ever a small, if particularly noisy, minority.

What becomes insufferable is the media hype (which, I acknowledge, even the majority of English fans see for what it is) and the sense of entitlement that comes from certain quarters, for example plotting a route to the final after losing to Belgium's second string. There's also the expectation from some that the Welsh, Scots and Irish should, for some reason, be revelling in England's success which, to be frank, is just weird - it's like expecting Cardiff fans to be pleased for us when we beat City, United or Arsenal.

As for the PL, yes it is one of the world's most popular leagues but it's crammed full of foreign talent so I'm not quite how that is meant to translate to success for the English national team.

Enjoy the ride, mate, however long it lasts.

People can't take a p!ss take nowadays without them calling you racist or something.

The English players are a bunch of diving ,boring mediocre cheats. And lots of people don't like them. Deal with it.

Many English people share this sentiment by the way. I have nothing but respect for them.

None of you have ever experienced racism have you.

"Oh no how dare you insult my national football team! new Holocaust!"

lol come on.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 11:43]

Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 12:41 - Jul 7 with 3586 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"How will England fare against one of those exactly? "
Please explain to me where most of these world class SUPER players actually play week in week out?
Who exactly do they play against?
Perhaps I should explain it for you, the English Premier League playing against English Premier League players, including all of those in the England Squad.

The key is not the Belguin players, it is their Manager and the pride & confidence as a Team that he has instilled in them.
Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 12:45 - Jul 7 with 3568 viewsomarjack

Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 12:41 - Jul 7 by A_Fans_Dad

"How will England fare against one of those exactly? "
Please explain to me where most of these world class SUPER players actually play week in week out?
Who exactly do they play against?
Perhaps I should explain it for you, the English Premier League playing against English Premier League players, including all of those in the England Squad.

The key is not the Belguin players, it is their Manager and the pride & confidence as a Team that he has instilled in them.

Individual talent is very important when it comes to national teams. Because it's hard for managers to glue a team together in a short time. And even then, individual talent might not even be enough. Look at Argentina.

But in the other hand, some teams like Sweden are relying on tactics rather than talent. And it's been working so far.

But England imo has neither. No individual talent nor great tactics. And Southgate couldn't motivate Maradona on crack let alone dross like Henderson and Alli.

You're saying English players are talented and play for big clubs etc etc..so what?

Henderson,Maguire,Trippier,Alli,Young,Lingard,Rashford,Pickford and more would be chewed out by actual big clubs like Madrid,Barca,Juve,Munich etc..they wouldn't even consider them for free.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 12:50]

Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 13:09 - Jul 7 with 3483 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 12:45 - Jul 7 by omarjack

Individual talent is very important when it comes to national teams. Because it's hard for managers to glue a team together in a short time. And even then, individual talent might not even be enough. Look at Argentina.

But in the other hand, some teams like Sweden are relying on tactics rather than talent. And it's been working so far.

But England imo has neither. No individual talent nor great tactics. And Southgate couldn't motivate Maradona on crack let alone dross like Henderson and Alli.

You're saying English players are talented and play for big clubs etc etc..so what?

Henderson,Maguire,Trippier,Alli,Young,Lingard,Rashford,Pickford and more would be chewed out by actual big clubs like Madrid,Barca,Juve,Munich etc..they wouldn't even consider them for free.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 12:50]

No I am saying they play against those same super players you say Belgium have every week in the Prem.
Quite a few of those same super players have even been held in check by a really crap ex Prem side like Swansea City Fc on odd occasions.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 13:15 - Jul 7 with 3450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:16 - Jul 7 by JethroJack

They've got Belgium next up. We beat them in the Euros so England may go all the way

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 13:28 - Jul 7 with 3413 views34dfgdf54

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 09:58 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

And this was about sport, not your ā€œkindā€

By the way I hope you get absolutely mullered today, sorry if that comes across as racist.
Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 13:54 - Jul 7 with 3351 viewsjack2jack

There may be a slight shower of p!ss later on to rain on that particular parade!!!!!!!!!!
Oh FFS..this is just ridiculous. on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 3251 viewsDyfnant

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 3248 viewsThurrockJack92

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 13:28 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

And this was about sport, not your ā€œkindā€

By the way I hope you get absolutely mullered today, sorry if that comes across as racist.

So it being about sport makes it OK?

You mentioned about me being too precious, I was just offering a valid reason why I am precious to these sorts of attitudes towards the English from some Welsh people.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 14:49 - Jul 7 with 3205 views34dfgdf54

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 14:41 - Jul 7 by ThurrockJack92

So it being about sport makes it OK?

You mentioned about me being too precious, I was just offering a valid reason why I am precious to these sorts of attitudes towards the English from some Welsh people.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™ve never seen you on here slagging anyone off for calling the people of Cardiff / Supporters of Cardiff Vermin?

Anyway, up the swedes.
Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 14:52 - Jul 7 with 3193 viewsGixerJack

Wow..just when I thought the 53 million creatures can't get more ridiculous. on 10:27 - Jul 7 by Scotia

I don't think you were being precious.

The original title of the thread was racist, banter or not it was out of order. Just because it was about England shouldn't make a difference, if it had been directed at an African country I'd guess he'd have been banned.

I'm struggling to understand how referring to people as creatures is being racist, Oxford English dictionary includes humans of a specific kind as being creatures.

Unless of course the political correctness elevator has gone up a couple of floors and I missed the memo.

On the other hand if you look up sheep sha**ers it is considered to be highly offensive but not racist either.

I don't care who wins....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024