Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter stated........... 19:50 - Jul 25 with 7516 viewsAlgorfajack

That he only wants players here who have a desire to play for the club.

So why did he take players on tour who patently have no interest in playing for us?

He is trying to mould 11 players who are capable of putting in a performance a week Saturday & he takes a few mercenaries as well. What chance does he have of getting a half decent starting 11,

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:21 - Jul 26 with 1862 viewsmoonie

Dead right.
We had to shift deadwood and we haven't .

Quite clearly, Potter is not going to be the force we needed him to be and as wAyne says , Jenkins has to go before we move on
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 1841 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter stated........... on 19:57 - Jul 25 by 34dfgdf54

Don’t judge him on this season. Jenkins has made a complete clusterf*ck of the club and it’s going to take years to sort.

If we stay up next year it’s a solid season, whether people think that’s negative or not I’m not bothered, that squad against Eibar was a massive eye opener for me with players expecting to leave late on in transfer window.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 19:57]

Yeah we should give him time, but probably won't. If it gets to a point where he's being widely criticised (= judged, we never judge people when they are successful) do you think he'll last more than a season?

I don't envy his job - the mood amongst fans still seems pretty dark. I bet it wouldn't take much for people to turn.
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:33 - Jul 26 with 1830 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter stated........... on 21:50 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Gro Rild rild rild

Chinese businessman comes home after a trip away, just to find a bin man trying to collect his rubbish...

Bin man says "where your bin?"

Business man "I bin Hong Kong"

Bin man: "no, where your wheelie bin?

Businessman : " I weally bin Hong Kong!"

Carry on.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 9:35]
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:41 - Jul 26 with 1804 viewsSwansea93

I suprised Ghoddos hasn't joined yet, he scored another 2 for Östersund the other day, maybe it's a case of us shifting Andre to Fenerbache for him to come in?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 1800 viewsmoonie

Ya daft racist ,but at least a little levity .

I really didn't think we d be starting another season as we ve done before .
Making mistakes is fine so long as you learn from them.Jenkins hasn't. The board certainly haven't .
Jenkins should have exited on the final day of last season, a new DOF appointed and a manager with real balls given the reins. Potter,this far, seems commotose .

We really have assembled significant deadwood to add the the deadwood we ve already and frankly, I'm not sure how I d sort it out myself apart from ripping the club apart and starting again .

Sadly, the owners really are as bad as was thought they could be.

I'm very very fearful we could fall like we did in 83 and certainly do a Pompey,Coventry .
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 1802 viewssplJack

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:29 - Jul 26 by LeonWasGod

Yeah we should give him time, but probably won't. If it gets to a point where he's being widely criticised (= judged, we never judge people when they are successful) do you think he'll last more than a season?

I don't envy his job - the mood amongst fans still seems pretty dark. I bet it wouldn't take much for people to turn.

I feel sorry for him at the moment as he's dealing with the fall out from other people's miskates.

I'm sure he will have had certain assurances before agreeing to tak the job, so hopefully we will see a few players come in over the next 2 weeks.

If he's not backed I wouldn't be surprised if he walks, early.
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 1796 viewsLeonWasGod

Massive gamble with Potter, but you can see the thinking. Likes to play expansive football and with experience, albeit in Sweden. But managing and motivating people is pretty much the same anywhere.

He's inherited a sh*tshow. Now, I admit if it was down to me I probably would have gone for an old steady hand (Bruce would be ideal now he's available, but obviously wasn't when we needed a change). But this is a brave move and I can certainly see the sense. If there's any chance Potter can work miracles and get this lot playing attractive football and still be competitive it's a gamble worth taking.

Getting hamstrung by not getting players out of the door though. That was always going to happen (a) because we're crap at it, and (b) because of the WC and short window messing everyone up.
Graham Potter stated........... on 09:47 - Jul 26 with 1773 viewsmoonie

The issue for me now is consolidation. I've given up any thought of getting up again . That's ship has sailing off into the sunset of life.

We are rotten to the core and the owners needed to radically alter matters. That they haven't is criminal . Almost literally but certainly figuratively
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:52 - Jul 26 with 1762 viewsjack247

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:21 - Jul 26 by moonie

Dead right.
We had to shift deadwood and we haven't .

Quite clearly, Potter is not going to be the force we needed him to be and as wAyne says , Jenkins has to go before we move on

Absolutely.

He’s quite clearly going into the season with one hand tied behind his back. There are gaping holes in the squad. The players we need to move on will either get moved on, freeing up budget or fitness depending, will play.

Window shuts in 2 weeks I think though? We need a couple of key players and even if we do get them, they are going to have to hit the ground running with a new teammates in the Championship.

This summer itself hasn’t been the problem. It’s the culmination of the last few years meaning we weren’t in a position to cope in the event of relegation.
Graham Potter stated........... on 10:27 - Jul 26 with 1710 viewsmoonie

After the Stoke game,I really was upset and reflective as my old fella was sinking fast and he d introduced me to the Swansea sixty years previously but I did believe Jenkins would be sacked and we d learn ,get a new guy in which knew what he was doing.

I cannot believe he s still in situ . It beggars belief. It doesn't seem a business decision nor a sporting decision to keep him in a place where he continues to lose the club millions .

We need the club sold ,ideally ASAP, and take the pain . It's all about to whom we would sell and Jenkins again is the chap in the woodpile
Graham Potter stated........... on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 1681 viewswaynekerr55

Graham Potter stated........... on 10:27 - Jul 26 by moonie

After the Stoke game,I really was upset and reflective as my old fella was sinking fast and he d introduced me to the Swansea sixty years previously but I did believe Jenkins would be sacked and we d learn ,get a new guy in which knew what he was doing.

I cannot believe he s still in situ . It beggars belief. It doesn't seem a business decision nor a sporting decision to keep him in a place where he continues to lose the club millions .

We need the club sold ,ideally ASAP, and take the pain . It's all about to whom we would sell and Jenkins again is the chap in the woodpile

The worrying thing is that should we do well,this gives Gonzo carte blanche to do as he pleases and remain in situ

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Graham Potter stated........... on 11:16 - Jul 26 with 1640 viewsLoyal

SCAPEGOAT Potter and co, Huw fails at every turn when he runs a business with him at the helm, this is exactly what we are seeing here. The yanks must be off their trolleys to let him continue. His constant fck ups that are going unpunished is shocking. WTF is the yanks strategy here ? Is there one ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter stated........... on 11:19 - Jul 26 with 1629 viewsjack247

Graham Potter stated........... on 10:27 - Jul 26 by moonie

He is going nowhere under the current owners. If he didn’t have the humility to walk and they didn’t have the inclination to replace him after last season, I doubt they ever will.

These guys should never have been sold the club
Graham Potter stated........... on 12:02 - Jul 26 with 1571 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter stated........... on 11:16 - Jul 26 by Loyal

SCAPEGOAT Potter and co, Huw fails at every turn when he runs a business with him at the helm, this is exactly what we are seeing here. The yanks must be off their trolleys to let him continue. His constant fck ups that are going unpunished is shocking. WTF is the yanks strategy here ? Is there one ?

The strategy is to let Huw run the place because they don't have the first clue. They're ultimately responsible - awful, awful owners.
Graham Potter stated........... on 12:25 - Jul 26 with 1517 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:41 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

I suprised Ghoddos hasn't joined yet, he scored another 2 for Östersund the other day, maybe it's a case of us shifting Andre to Fenerbache for him to come in?

THere's no point in waiting for Ghoddos...
Graham Potter stated........... on 12:29 - Jul 26 with 1509 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter stated........... on 11:19 - Jul 26 by jack247

He is going nowhere under the current owners. If he didn’t have the humility to walk and they didn’t have the inclination to replace him after last season, I doubt they ever will.

These guys should never have been sold the club

If they haven't twigged by now that he's a one-man fùcking catastrophe with an ego bigger than Kilvey Hill they never will.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 12:30]
Graham Potter stated........... on 13:25 - Jul 26 with 1423 viewsGreatBritton

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:33 - Jul 26 by LeonWasGod

Chinese businessman comes home after a trip away, just to find a bin man trying to collect his rubbish...

Bin man says "where your bin?"

Business man "I bin Hong Kong"

Bin man: "no, where your wheelie bin?

Businessman : " I weally bin Hong Kong!"

Carry on.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 9:35]

I know a few Chinese people. One is called Yuk and one is called Bin. They are both apologetic about their names because they encounter so much casual racism. I must say I would be fed up in the extreme if I felt I had to mutate my name or change it completely because someone found it childishly amusing.
Graham Potter stated........... on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 1400 viewsLoyal

Graham Potter stated........... on 13:25 - Jul 26 by GreatBritton

I know a few Chinese people. One is called Yuk and one is called Bin. They are both apologetic about their names because they encounter so much casual racism. I must say I would be fed up in the extreme if I felt I had to mutate my name or change it completely because someone found it childishly amusing.

Fck off Byron.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter stated........... on 18:16 - Jul 26 with 1263 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter stated........... on 13:25 - Jul 26 by GreatBritton

Thanks for that 👍
Graham Potter stated........... on 18:44 - Jul 26 with 1239 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter stated........... on 09:41 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

Ghoddos is being chased by 4 other teams.

Bordeaux, Rennes, Amiens, an unnamed English club and probably us.

He's not choosing us.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Graham Potter stated........... on 20:31 - Jul 26 with 1183 viewsjackthepeg

Graham Potter stated........... on 12:25 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

THere's no point in waiting for Ghoddos...

that is good very good
Graham Potter stated........... on 20:47 - Jul 26 with 1165 viewsCooperman

Graham Potter stated........... on 12:29 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

If they haven't twigged by now that he's a one-man fùcking catastrophe with an ego bigger than Kilvey Hill they never will.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 12:30]

And I don't think they have.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024