Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order 07:53 - Jul 27 with 3587 viewsthornabyswan

Worrying times these but what club would you compare us to.
The worse I can think of is Blackpool.
The best would be say someone like Norwich stagnate for a few years.
Worrying times though and asset stripping was always my big worry if we ever got relegated under this lot.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:07 - Jul 27 with 734 viewsSwan91

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:56 - Jul 27 by thornabyswan

It's the lack of incomings that worries me.
1 fit striker
And the midfield is woeful.

I think a midfield of Caroll, Clucas, Fer and Fulton is more than enough for the championship. it is just that 2 of them are injured right now. but the problem is that if we buy a new midfielder to cover the injured ones now.. once they recover then we will have too many cm's for 2 positions.

I don't see why GP hasn't played J.Ayew in Striker position.. unless he is definitely linked to going. If not he should be preparing so that we have 2 strikers ready with 1 more coming back when he recvoers from injury(Bony). And also Asoro can play as striker (but not as comfortable as winger). so we could also use him upfront with Montero and Narsingh as wingers *or celina when we sign him).
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:35 - Jul 27 with 684 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 14:56 - Jul 27 by thornabyswan

It's the lack of incomings that worries me.
1 fit striker
And the midfield is woeful.

Agreed on the overall lack of incomings and the MF, but don't we have a fit striker who scored 9 goals in half a season on a bad club in the Championship last season?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:46 - Jul 27 with 671 viewsEbo

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 10:15 - Jul 27 by Badlands

How do you work that out?
Potter knew exactly what the situation was.
Delays in shipping players out has been down to three things - ridiculously inflated estimates, injuries, the difference between Europe and English Leagues over transfer deal line days.
Difficulty getting people in -
they don't want to come to way out west
people like Neil Taylor whispering in the background
we can't bring players in until we know who's going and how many and how much money that frees up.
Players in Europe are not atet fussed on Championship football (way out west) and are holding on until 31st August which is too late for us.

If Tosh was 30 years younger and in charge today, he'd have had them all in and told them up front "If you don't want to be here get on your phones to your agent, and if you don't want to be here then don't expect to tour or train with the first team, lets be men and lets be honest"

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:47 - Jul 27 with 668 viewsEbo

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:35 - Jul 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Agreed on the overall lack of incomings and the MF, but don't we have a fit striker who scored 9 goals in half a season on a bad club in the Championship last season?

If he gets injured, what then?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:52 - Jul 27 with 655 viewsmoonie

We need a spine of a team starting with a striker worthy of the name

Right now, we have centre halves who want out, Tom Carroll and Mc B

Not great

Spineless really
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 16:00 - Jul 27 with 650 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 15:47 - Jul 27 by Ebo

If he gets injured, what then?

Then, there's Jordan Ayew.

Also, there's Bony, once he gets back.

But I was responding to the assertion that we don't have "1" fit striker, not that we don't have 2 or more.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 16:59 - Jul 27 with 602 viewsswancity

We were already a poor quality team last year. The team has been in decline for around 3/4 seasons now.

We are reminiscent of Blackpool and Coventry. It's a bubble waiting to burst. Our team lacks depth in real quality all over the pitch and barely looks up to the challenge of the most competitive League in European football. Mid table will be seen as an achievement. Those who weren't disappointed with relegation are in for a rude awakening as opposing teams like Preston and Millwall aren't going to excite anyone.

Jenkins seems to have escaped with his testicles intact surprisingly. It's going to be a long hard slog but to answer the original question. At the moment it's neither. It's a rudderless ship.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 17:12 - Jul 27 with 597 viewsSmellyplumz

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 12:52 - Jul 27 by AngelRangelQS

So is there any actual evidence that we are being "stripped bare"? I dont see how the Americans can be criticised for the money we have spent.... £15m on Borja, £20m on Ayew, god knows how much on Sanches last season, £17m on Clucas, Bony and his £100k a week or whatever it is... it isnt their fault it's been spend unwisely.

We have been spending £80m a year on wages which was worrying enough when we had £100m a year TV money coming in plus all the other trappings of being a PL club. Now, our parachute payment is £40m or thereabouts this season so we'd be absolutely screwed even if all the players had a 50% reduction on relegation which is doubtful. Our finances must be frightening at the moment.

I think the club are doing exactly the right thing in this window. Of course, the pain of this window is down to the shockingly bad decisions they've made over the last few years and the fact they've probably had to throw money at players in order to get them to come here.

I'd be very interested to know what people think the club should be doing differently...

But it is their fault its been spent unwisely, they ate the ones who employ Jenkins and have over seen his disastrous regime since they arrived.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 17:14 - Jul 27 with 593 viewsSmellyplumz

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 16:00 - Jul 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

But I was responding to the assertion that we don't have "1" fit striker, not that we don't have 2 or more.

Ayew is not a striker never had been. Fs

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 525 viewspembsjack

I think it's pretty obvious that we are cashing in as much as we can. The Americans have no ambition when it comes to the club achieving things. Their only concern is making sure the shareholders get nice fat cheques.quite shocked we still have a lot of fans who still believe huw and the other cronies are working towards anything other than their dividends. Guess these are the same fans that wanted to give Clement more time, no protest against the board etc. The club is slowly drifting away.
Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 19:23 - Jul 27 with 497 viewsthornabyswan

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 16:00 - Jul 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

I think you misread my post it said we have 1 fit striker.
As regards the replacements Bony is out injured Jordan Ayew is not a striker.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 20:18 - Jul 27 with 437 viewsbyron

Are we being stripped bare or simply getting our house in order on 09:28 - Jul 27 by Loyal

Huw calling the shots, running a business with a history of business failure. Only one way we are going. The yanks strategy is open and clear, recover what has gone in, chip away at a few more dollars and get out.
No strategy for recovery, no vision for the future, and no communication.

I'm loving it, aren't you ?

No, not enjoying it....🤑🤑😂👌

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024