Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace 08:18 - Aug 1 with 27959 viewsbermudajack

101greatgials.com are reporting this regarding J. Ayew

The Times also believe that West Ham’s Cheikhou Kouyate and Swansea’s Jordan Ayew are also poised to move to south London. Readers are told:

Crystal Palace are close to deals for three new players, including the striker Jordan Ayew and are confident that they have won the battle to keep Wilfried Zaha. Ayew is expected to move from Swansea City in a swap deal involving Jaïro Riedewald. A

Poll: Priority for new manager?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:19 - Aug 1 with 4700 viewsdobjack2

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:07 - Aug 1 by bermudajack

If Potter lives by his convictions then the swap deal won’t happen...

He has clearly stated on several occasions that he only wants players who want to be here...

If the Dutch International needs some convincing to drop to the Championship then I cannot see this part of the deal being completed...

Palace sites are stating that Ayew is scheduled for a medical to complete his move 🤔

Interesting that we have officially approached Aberdeen regarding the availability of McKenna as this update broke

Interesting to see what happens with this 👍

Aberdeen don’t seem interested unless we are going to pay silly money
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:25 - Aug 1 with 4629 viewsbermudajack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:19 - Aug 1 by dobjack2

Aberdeen don’t seem interested unless we are going to pay silly money

Which is fair enough, we let Mawson go for an absolute steal in today’s market...

an U21 and senior England squad member, his age, a PL goal scoring centre half...😳😳😳

Not everyone is as daft or as desperate as us 🤨😕

You want the merchandise... you pay the price... (unless it’s the Swans) 😫

Poll: Priority for new manager?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 20:19 - Aug 1 with 4406 viewsTummer_from_Texas

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 17:59 - Aug 1 by Flashberryjack

What happened to the "I only want players that want to be here" attitude ?

Realistically, who is going to be really that thrilled about going from PL to the Championship? It's OK if he needs a sales pitch.

More from Stuart James:

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 20:20 - Aug 1 with 4399 viewsSwan91

So probably would be instead of the Mckenna deal... I would say this is a great deal... aslong as we get the Man City striker on loan.. or buy a new striker aswell.. right now if J.Ayew goes.. with Wilf being injured then we have only 1 striker.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 20:37 - Aug 1 with 4283 viewsKrisP

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:07 - Aug 1 by bermudajack

If Potter lives by his convictions then the swap deal won’t happen...

He has clearly stated on several occasions that he only wants players who want to be here...

If the Dutch International needs some convincing to drop to the Championship then I cannot see this part of the deal being completed...

Palace sites are stating that Ayew is scheduled for a medical to complete his move 🤔

Interesting that we have officially approached Aberdeen regarding the availability of McKenna as this update broke

Interesting to see what happens with this 👍

If he signs he wants to be here surely? I wouldn't blame him if he was sceptical before speaking to Potter, but if he buys into the mini-revolution he's selling then he becomes someone who wants to be here as far as I'm concerned.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 20:45 - Aug 1 with 4220 viewsLeonWasGod

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 17:30 - Aug 1 by Swans_16

Decent piece of business, doubt we’ll ever see the fee for Jordan but glad to see the back of him for many reasons.

Riedewald seems a solid defender ... If he was as highly rated by Cruyff and De Boer then i’d take him here. Him and VDH at CB would be great in the Championship.

Agreed. But might mean we’re expecting Fed to be gone soon. Can’t see us running with 4 decent CBs - we barely managed that in the PL!
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:06 - Aug 1 with 4074 viewsJango

Reidewald covers midfield and left back aswell so it could happen. I can’t see it personally though.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:11 - Aug 1 with 4055 viewsAl_Bundy

My missus who is a Palace fan says this is happening and the Palace chap will be in Swansea tomorrow to meet Harry !
Login to get fewer ads

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:32 - Aug 2 with 3604 viewsHeadmaster

Riedewald is still reluctant to join according to a few tweets from journalists this morning. Palace would struggle to pay full price for Ayew. Could be a spanner in the works here.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:46 - Aug 2 with 3543 viewsdcd14

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 20:45 - Aug 1 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. But might mean we’re expecting Fed to be gone soon. Can’t see us running with 4 decent CBs - we barely managed that in the PL!

Fede has told them he wants to leave.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:54 - Aug 2 with 3488 viewsawayjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 08:46 - Aug 2 by dcd14

Fede has told them he wants to leave.

Sadly no PL team wants Fed. Rather than another useless loan out, let him prove himself in Championship then sell in Jan.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:01 - Aug 2 with 3448 viewscpfc

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 21:06 - Aug 1 by Jango

Reidewald covers midfield and left back aswell so it could happen. I can’t see it personally though.

CPFC supporter here. I'm a bit shocked at this deal tbh. Reidewald is a good footballer at Premier League level and was an important squad player for us last season. He defiantly cannot play at left back. He's a defensive midfielder (played a bit at CB for Ajax) who looked like Cabaye's long term replacement. I can't see him wanting to drop down a league (he played in the Europa league final a year ago and has been very good for Palace when called upon). The only reason I can see him leaving is because Palace need to reduce their wage bill. If it does happen I imagine that it will be a straight swap with zero cash involved. Fifield from the Guardian has reported that he deal looks complicated because Jairo does not want to drop down to championship level. Anyway. if this swap deal does happen that you will have a very tidy footballer . I would prefer to keep him instead of having Ayew and this seems to be the sentiment amongst most Palace supporters.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:09 - Aug 2 with 3402 viewsomarjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:01 - Aug 2 by cpfc

CPFC supporter here. I'm a bit shocked at this deal tbh. Reidewald is a good footballer at Premier League level and was an important squad player for us last season. He defiantly cannot play at left back. He's a defensive midfielder (played a bit at CB for Ajax) who looked like Cabaye's long term replacement. I can't see him wanting to drop down a league (he played in the Europa league final a year ago and has been very good for Palace when called upon). The only reason I can see him leaving is because Palace need to reduce their wage bill. If it does happen I imagine that it will be a straight swap with zero cash involved. Fifield from the Guardian has reported that he deal looks complicated because Jairo does not want to drop down to championship level. Anyway. if this swap deal does happen that you will have a very tidy footballer . I would prefer to keep him instead of having Ayew and this seems to be the sentiment amongst most Palace supporters.

He might be looking for 1st team football. Hoping he'll get promoted with us and be a starting PL player..he's still very young and he can take it slow.

You guys have Mama Sakho, Tomkins and Scott Dann ahead of him in picking order at CB..and you have Luka Milivojevic, McArthur and now you just bought Kouyate for the DMF slot..he won't see much game time..if he was presented with an opportunity to prove himself playing week in, week out why shouldn't he take it?

But wages are likely to be an obstacle..you lot are generous with wages and I imagine he's on minimum 25-30 k/week..will we be able to match that? would he take a pay cut to join us?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:28 - Aug 2 with 3318 viewscpfc

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:09 - Aug 2 by omarjack

He might be looking for 1st team football. Hoping he'll get promoted with us and be a starting PL player..he's still very young and he can take it slow.

You guys have Mama Sakho, Tomkins and Scott Dann ahead of him in picking order at CB..and you have Luka Milivojevic, McArthur and now you just bought Kouyate for the DMF slot..he won't see much game time..if he was presented with an opportunity to prove himself playing week in, week out why shouldn't he take it?

But wages are likely to be an obstacle..you lot are generous with wages and I imagine he's on minimum 25-30 k/week..will we be able to match that? would he take a pay cut to join us?

He won't really be challenging for a centre back position, but since you bring this up, he can play there and Scott Dann is out injured with an ACL so we are really short in this area. In terms of his role he will be challenging with Milivojevic and Kouyate. Roy plays McArthur on the right hand side of the midfield. Of course he would like more game time, but I just can't see him wanting to drop down a league when he clearly is a Premier League player. My guess is that he's on pretty good wages. He was an £8 million signing.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 3197 views34dfgdf54

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 09:28 - Aug 2 by cpfc

He won't really be challenging for a centre back position, but since you bring this up, he can play there and Scott Dann is out injured with an ACL so we are really short in this area. In terms of his role he will be challenging with Milivojevic and Kouyate. Roy plays McArthur on the right hand side of the midfield. Of course he would like more game time, but I just can't see him wanting to drop down a league when he clearly is a Premier League player. My guess is that he's on pretty good wages. He was an £8 million signing.

This deal looks pretty unlikely to happen then would you say?

Shame, because I want J.Ayew out sharpish personally.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 3135 viewsomarjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:11 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

This deal looks pretty unlikely to happen then would you say?

Shame, because I want J.Ayew out sharpish personally.

Weren't Leicester and Fulham in him?

If Fulham want him for 8 m then let them have him..we'll lose a couple of millions but we'll live.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:01 - Aug 2 with 3044 views34dfgdf54

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 10:33 - Aug 2 by omarjack

Weren't Leicester and Fulham in him?

If Fulham want him for 8 m then let them have him..we'll lose a couple of millions but we'll live.

Yeah as long as he goes and we make a few mill I couldn't give a toss where he goes whether it be Fulham or anyone else.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 16:20 - Aug 2 with 2850 viewsMagic_Michu

Deal off by the sounds of it... Jaïro Riedewald said no to us.

We need to find a club to pay up to get rid of Jordan now sharpish... although I'd imagine it'll end up like his brother and it'll be another loan deal somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 2759 viewsawayjack

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 16:20 - Aug 2 by Magic_Michu

Deal off by the sounds of it... Jaïro Riedewald said no to us.

We need to find a club to pay up to get rid of Jordan now sharpish... although I'd imagine it'll end up like his brother and it'll be another loan deal somewhere.

That's the risk with swap deals but if he doesn't fancy us Fxck him. You need some bottle in the Championship and from his performances at Palace he's lacks guts. If Palace rate Ayew they'll make an offer.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 2658 viewsSwan91

Also reading that the deal is off.. the player doesn't want to go down to the Championship.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 17:53 - Aug 2 with 2519 viewsGriffting

Strange deal this.

A lot of journos saying he doesnt fancy it,

Why would the clubs bother getting this far with the deal if he and his agent hadn’t given at least a bit of encouragement towards coming here.

Unless the reports are way off the mark in terms of how far down the line the deal was.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:01 - Aug 2 with 2472 viewsdobjack2

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 17:53 - Aug 2 by Griffting

Strange deal this.

A lot of journos saying he doesnt fancy it,

Why would the clubs bother getting this far with the deal if he and his agent hadn’t given at least a bit of encouragement towards coming here.

Unless the reports are way off the mark in terms of how far down the line the deal was.

Implies Hodgson doesn’t really want him and suggested he talked with us.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:03 - Aug 2 with 2462 viewsJack11

If it’s off because he’s not up for it and Palace want a deal and we want a defender and cash we could do a lot worse than Joel Ward and more money our way instead. Or better still Wan Bissaka and money and then get rid of Naughton.
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:20 - Aug 3 with 2131 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Deal off player doesn’t want the move to here
J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 11:42 - Aug 3 with 2035 viewsdcd14

J.Ayew in swap deal with Palace on 18:01 - Aug 2 by dobjack2

Implies Hodgson doesn’t really want him and suggested he talked with us.

Hodgson wants the player.

Chairman doesn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024