Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 12:24 - Aug 6 with 43657 viewsSWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS on SKY NOW . . .
Sam Clucas’ proposed move from Swansea to Burnley has fallen through, Sky Sports News understands.
An £8m move had been agreed between the two clubs, but the player has failed to agree personal terms.

He obviously went for the money and it's backfired so now we should surely back the Manager and go and get Woods anyway as he looks a quality player. i still we need another Striker too as we need firepower this Season as it will make all the difference to where we end up .
Clucas on 09:51 - Aug 8 with 4171 viewsomarjack

Wolves fans are having a meltdown..2 relegations in a row..they reckon the Clucas Curse will touch them.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Clucas on 09:51 - Aug 8 with 4173 viewsAl_Bundy

Clucas pimping himself up the M6 again..
Clucas on 10:33 - Aug 8 with 3982 viewsomarjack

By the way I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

A club that just spent 18 m on a glorified Mo Barrow can hardly be expected to make wise transfer decisions during a panicky time like Deadline Day eve.

Clucas on 11:54 - Aug 8 with 3677 viewsDevz00

Clucas on 10:33 - Aug 8 by omarjack

By the way I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

A club that just spent 18 m on a glorified Mo Barrow can hardly be expected to make wise transfer decisions during a panicky time like Deadline Day eve.

A couple of 'reliable wolves sources' distancing themselves from Clucas.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reliable-wolves-source-plays-down-recent-trans

Stoke randomly mentioned.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-sam-

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Clucas on 12:55 - Aug 8 with 3487 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Clucas on 12:56 - Aug 8 with 3468 viewsomarjack

Clucas on 12:55 - Aug 8 by Landore_Jack

Clucas on 13:40 - Aug 8 with 3305 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas on 11:54 - Aug 8 by Devz00

A couple of 'reliable wolves sources' distancing themselves from Clucas.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reliable-wolves-source-plays-down-recent-trans

Stoke randomly mentioned.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-sam-

And we go live to the west Midlands for the locals' reaction

[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 15:29]
Clucas on 14:16 - Aug 8 with 3186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clucas on 09:48 - Aug 8 by omarjack

It's deadline day tomorrow..time is running out..clubs are getting desperate..our worst case scenario is Clucas staying with us..could be much worse..I say we ask for 12 m and...

Considering we've already accepted an £8m bid from Burnley wouldn't Wolves just say "f*ck you, we'll have Woods instead". I hope you never have any influence over our transfer policy.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 14:33 - Aug 8 with 3125 viewshobo

Clucas on 14:16 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Considering we've already accepted an £8m bid from Burnley wouldn't Wolves just say "f*ck you, we'll have Woods instead". I hope you never have any influence over our transfer policy.

Wolves obviously think Woods is an inferior player otherwise they'd have gone for him already. Clucas is the one they want
Clucas on 16:55 - Aug 8 with 2928 viewslidojack

Wolves now signing Leander Dendoncker who is a younger, more highly rated Clucas just right sided rather than left.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:55]
Clucas on 18:24 - Aug 8 with 2759 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 16:55 - Aug 8 by lidojack

Wolves now signing Leander Dendoncker who is a younger, more highly rated Clucas just right sided rather than left.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:55]

Dendoncker and Clucas don't belong in the same sentence, Lido.

Completely different players (mostly due to one being sshitt and one not being sshitt).

But yes, Wolves were never interested in Clucas. And they're certainly not now. We're stuck with the ffukk.
Clucas on 18:35 - Aug 8 with 2723 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 23:11 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

16 million for a rubbish 28 year old. And no resale value either. A f*cking disaster from start to finish.

Spot on, Brynmill.

Does half-price for a 28-year old constitute "re-sale value"?

No???

Not even ffukkingg close???

Someone's got some 'splainin' to do...

LOL.
Clucas on 18:59 - Aug 8 with 2678 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 19:21 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

If you are saying that anyone who has anything to do with the Trust can’t criticise player movements over the past few years, I’m confused Chris.

Player movements have caused us a real headache. The Trust has said so. Jenkins has said so. The Americans have said so. Potter has said so.

You can’t just refuse to acknowledge poor purchases. Otherwise why acknowledge good purchases (Mawson, for example).

The players being brought in this summer look (on admittedly limited evidence) like a breath of fresh air. Great stuff. But we only learn from the past by admitting mistakes. Clucas was a mistake.

I don’t know, but I suspect Clucas was the sort of player that showed up nicely on that money ball bloke’s spreadsheet. Thankfully we don’t seem to hear much about him anymore as I suspect Potter’s recruitment guy knows more than some American with a computer programme.

None of Clucas' stats reflect anything other than mediocrity, I'm surprised there are so many people who don't understand how to properly analyze this aspect of the game, as it's a huge part of modern football.

Anyone that thinks Altman had/has any pull in our recruitment is very misguided. Jenkins had the iron fist, and it was him and Leadbetter who drew up the list of sshitt we've been working with for so long. It's well known our former scouts spent a lot of their time watching OUR games (so ffukkingg stupid) and we just so happened to play Hull 4 or 5 times the season before we signed him. Coincidence? No. And Clucas definitely fits Jenkins' profile of a player to a tee. Surprising this isn't obvious to everyone, but c'est la vie.

As for "moneyball" the entire objective is unearthing diamonds on the cheap, not vastly overpaying for horsesshitt. Altman does not seem to have a lot of expertise, as his targeted players from a few years back haven't done so well, so I'm not defending him.

But the idea that these expensive mistakes are anyone's choices other than HJ is absolute bbullsshitt. The only player who remotely fits that would be Sanches, as he came here solely because of Clement, but I'd imagine HJ was so taken by the dreadlocks he couldn't control himself.
Clucas on 19:28 - Aug 8 with 2587 viewsjasfan

Clucas on 18:59 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

None of Clucas' stats reflect anything other than mediocrity, I'm surprised there are so many people who don't understand how to properly analyze this aspect of the game, as it's a huge part of modern football.

Anyone that thinks Altman had/has any pull in our recruitment is very misguided. Jenkins had the iron fist, and it was him and Leadbetter who drew up the list of sshitt we've been working with for so long. It's well known our former scouts spent a lot of their time watching OUR games (so ffukkingg stupid) and we just so happened to play Hull 4 or 5 times the season before we signed him. Coincidence? No. And Clucas definitely fits Jenkins' profile of a player to a tee. Surprising this isn't obvious to everyone, but c'est la vie.

As for "moneyball" the entire objective is unearthing diamonds on the cheap, not vastly overpaying for horsesshitt. Altman does not seem to have a lot of expertise, as his targeted players from a few years back haven't done so well, so I'm not defending him.

But the idea that these expensive mistakes are anyone's choices other than HJ is absolute bbullsshitt. The only player who remotely fits that would be Sanches, as he came here solely because of Clement, but I'd imagine HJ was so taken by the dreadlocks he couldn't control himself.

During the period when Paulo Sousa was in charge he apparently showed little interest in the recruitment of players and didn't bring any scouting team with him. The signings during that season would lend support to your argument, but of course relative to the transfer fees then being paid in the Championship.

Then we signed the likes of Craig Beattie £1.9m and David Cotterill £600k and those fees were considered to be at the top end of the scale at that time. Craig Beattie was later released with no fee being recorded and David Cotterill left on a free transfer.

As for last season I think it's difficult to say with any certainty what approach was used to signing players and it's quite possible that there were several influences including PC, HJ, BF, DL and the Americans.
Clucas on 19:37 - Aug 8 with 2515 viewshobo

Clucas on 18:59 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

This. Clucas is the absolute opposite of a moneyball signing

Moneyball signings are players like Michu, and the perfect example being Rangel
Clucas on 19:40 - Aug 8 with 2474 viewsExiledJack

It’s been lost in the commotion of transfer deadline week, but Clucas has turned down his one and only opportunity to play in Europe, a chance to grace some of the greatest stages in the game, for the privilege of representing Swansea City’s reserve team and supporting our 1st team players as they return from injuries.

Nobody here should pretend about this, we’d all do the same. A true Jack, well done Sam.
Clucas on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 2369 viewsJackBaston

Clucas on 19:28 - Aug 8 by jasfan

During the period when Paulo Sousa was in charge he apparently showed little interest in the recruitment of players and didn't bring any scouting team with him. The signings during that season would lend support to your argument, but of course relative to the transfer fees then being paid in the Championship.

Then we signed the likes of Craig Beattie £1.9m and David Cotterill £600k and those fees were considered to be at the top end of the scale at that time. Craig Beattie was later released with no fee being recorded and David Cotterill left on a free transfer.

As for last season I think it's difficult to say with any certainty what approach was used to signing players and it's quite possible that there were several influences including PC, HJ, BF, DL and the Americans.

Was Beattie 1.9 mil? Pretty sure Scotty was a record signing the year later for 500k rising to a mil
Clucas on 19:56 - Aug 8 with 2346 viewsLoyal

Clucas on 19:40 - Aug 8 by ExiledJack

It’s been lost in the commotion of transfer deadline week, but Clucas has turned down his one and only opportunity to play in Europe, a chance to grace some of the greatest stages in the game, for the privilege of representing Swansea City’s reserve team and supporting our 1st team players as they return from injuries.

Nobody here should pretend about this, we’d all do the same. A true Jack, well done Sam.

😂👍😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas on 20:04 - Aug 8 with 2273 viewstheloneranger

Clucas on 19:28 - Aug 8 by jasfan

We paid £800K for Beattie from WBA in Aug 2009.

Beware he's available at Elgin City

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Clucas on 20:23 - Aug 8 with 2155 viewsjasfan

Clucas on 20:04 - Aug 8 by theloneranger

We paid £800K for Beattie from WBA in Aug 2009.

Beware he's available at Elgin City

Haha. Don't give them any ideas.

I blame transfermarkt as it said 1.9m!

You and JackB are closer to the probable fee - my mistake. We still didn't get any sell on fee either way.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 21:24]
Clucas on 21:24 - Aug 8 with 1986 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Per Alan Nixon, Stoke City is now a "late mover in the race" to get Clucas.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Clucas on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 1961 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 21:24 - Aug 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Race? Snigger.
Clucas on 21:31 - Aug 8 with 1896 viewslonglostjack

Clucas on 21:27 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

Race? Snigger.

Thank God the S worked on your tablet.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clucas on 21:33 - Aug 8 with 1866 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Clucas on 21:27 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

Race? Snigger.

I know, but I'm just quoting him.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Clucas on 21:33 - Aug 8 with 1856 viewsThornburyswan

Clucas on 21:24 - Aug 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

We could offer a 2-4-1 deal Clucas & Ayew = Joey ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024