Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full 19:19 - Aug 10 with 4257 viewsel_pancho

THERE COMES A TIME WHEN EVERY FOOTBALL CLUB HAS TO BE HONEST WITH ITSELF AND TAKE THE KIND OF TOUGH DECISIONS THAT SECURE ITS FUTURE.
That’s the point Swansea City has reached. The decisions taken since relegation was confirmed have not been easy ones or ones necessarily supported by the fans. But they are ones designed to safeguard the long-term health of the club.

After seven years in the Premier League, relegation was a bitter pill to swallow. Revenues decline dramatically - even when you factor in parachute payments - and you are inevitably left with players determined to leave the club.

In our case, matters were made worse by transfer mistakes we made in an attempt to survive in the Premier League. We are quite literally paying for these now.

But we cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves because that will be be perceived as a point of weakness that other clubs will try to leverage against us.

Relegation has to be seen as a rebirth for Swansea - a chance to press the reset button.

Instead of constantly being on the back foot fighting for survival, we want to be rebuild our club on a strong financial footing with an exciting brand of passing football and players who are eager to improve and hungry to achieve.

Graham Potter
In Graham Potter, we have an innovative coach who has already shown an ability to play an exciting style of high-quality football with players determined to be successful. Graham and Kyle Macaulay have done a tremendous job bringing in young and talented footballers.

We understand fans have expressed disappointment and frustration with the transfer window but there had to be a cultural change.

The squad was in need of an overhaul because we had players who simply were not going to be part of Graham’s plans and players who made it clear they did not want to play for Swansea City in the Championship. To try to keep those players has a corrosive effect on the club as a whole.

We had to make hard decisions and we did. Every decision taken, though, was for a strategic reason as part of our restructuring. As a result of this window we have improved our financial footing and have positioned ourselves for a stronger and more secure future.

There is still work to be done because the loan market is still open and we will do everything we can to support Graham and Kyle in the immediate weeks before the market closes.

In terms of recruiting players, again we had to be disciplined as we could not - and would not - put the club in a position where, in our view, the fees and wages demanded were not in the best interests of Swansea City. All money received from player sales has gone back into the club.

We have brought in young players who want to be part of Swansea’s future and we believe there is a nucleus of talent and desire here now.

We don’t expect everyone to appreciate these words or the decisions taken and there will be negative views out there.

We understand this has been a hugely painful time for everybody associated with Swansea City and there can be no denying that. Our response is to fight and try to build for the future.

Graham asks his players to be brave, to rise above the culture of fear of mistakes and to work hard to constantly improve. We must ask nothing less of ourselves.

Stephen Kaplan & Jason Levien

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:33 - Aug 10 with 3284 viewsQJumpingJack

I doubt they wrote that.
They would have paid someone to write it for them....
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:35 - Aug 10 with 3273 viewsHighjack

What a pair of knuts

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:41 - Aug 10 with 3241 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"But we cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves because that will be be perceived as a point of weakness that other clubs will try to leverage against us."

What, you mean like taking an 11 million loss on one player ?And capitulating to just over half the valuation of another player? Do you mean that kind of weakness?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:47 - Aug 10 with 3184 viewsjedmo_jack

Surely just SURELY they might have left us with more than one centre back...
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:48 - Aug 10 with 3175 viewsBadlands

Strong statement.
Reality check.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 3081 viewsSwansea93

But West Brom and Stoke can hang on to their players? I like how they didn't mention leaving us with 1 CB and 1 Striker oh and not getting our number 1 target by paying 500K more. P!ss off out of our club, every statement they make is a load of sh!t everytime.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 20:27 - Aug 10 with 3060 viewsScotia

Why is the bloke responsible for the "transfer mistakes we are still paying for" still at the club then? What is he doing for £600k a year?
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 2938 viewsswan65split

Mistakes made! and the big nosed conkwomble is still getting his 600k.

pull the other one!
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:01 - Aug 10 with 2898 viewsKrisP

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 19:41 - Aug 10 by Brynmill_Jack

"But we cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves because that will be be perceived as a point of weakness that other clubs will try to leverage against us."

What, you mean like taking an 11 million loss on one player ?And capitulating to just over half the valuation of another player? Do you mean that kind of weakness?

I think those can safely be filed under "paying for previous transfer mistakes."
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 2871 viewsE20Jack

Spot on and what I have been saying for days.

People need to start supporting instead of creating this negative atmosphere they have become accustomed to. It’s almost like a drug to some on here.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:06 - Aug 10 with 2868 viewsawayjack

Just puked in my mouth reading that bullshit. Honestly is anyone so stupid to believe they mean a word of it?
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 2850 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:06 - Aug 10 by awayjack

Just puked in my mouth reading that bullshit. Honestly is anyone so stupid to believe they mean a word of it?

Which bit do you not believe.

Be specific (don’t say some nonsense like “all of it”), tell me specifically what you don’t believe,

Far too many throw away sweeping statements in here designed to avoid actually meaning anything.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 22:10]

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:13 - Aug 10 with 2833 viewsJacket

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:08 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Be specific (don’t say some nonsense like “all of it”), tell me specifically what you don’t believe,

Far too many throw away sweeping statements in here designed to avoid actually meaning anything.

The bit where you must have two CBs perhaps?! Would these shmucks go into an American Football season without an F-ing quarter back you fakin turd?
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full (n/t) on 22:17 - Aug 10 with 2801 viewsplaytheswanseaway

⚽️YJB

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:20 - Aug 10 with 2777 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:13 - Aug 10 by Jacket

The bit where you must have two CBs perhaps?! Would these shmucks go into an American Football season without an F-ing quarter back you fakin turd?

Can you quote that exact bit?

I can’t find it.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:39 - Aug 10 with 2708 viewsJacket

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:20 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Can you quote that exact bit?

I can’t find it.

I'm not being literal you nodding dog. They clearly don't understand the importance of having two centre backs. Do you for that matter? To busy nodding your head in agreement with the yanks to know your arse from your elbow.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:44 - Aug 10 with 2691 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 22:39 - Aug 10 by Jacket

I'm not being literal you nodding dog. They clearly don't understand the importance of having two centre backs. Do you for that matter? To busy nodding your head in agreement with the yanks to know your arse from your elbow.

We have two center backs, and a loan window to work with. I am not agreeing with them, they are agreeing with me. This statement is exactly what I have been saying on here the past 3 days.

But anyway, you replied to me asking what part of the statement specifically do you not believe. Not can you give me an example of moaning about something else. We have plenty of examples of that.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 22:46]

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 23:28 - Aug 10 with 2626 viewsSlugster664

"All money received in player sales has gone straight back into the club"...REALLY???

STID

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 23:39 - Aug 10 with 2610 viewsomarjack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 23:28 - Aug 10 by Slugster664

"All money received in player sales has gone straight back into the club"...REALLY???

Which club? D.C United?

Or one of their exclusive membership clubs or whatever the hell obscenely rich people do..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 23:42 - Aug 10 with 2604 viewsvjay48

Do these payments to DC United show in the club accounts?
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 02:09 - Aug 11 with 2538 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 23:28 - Aug 10 by Slugster664

Yes. Why do you think otherwise?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 03:36 - Aug 11 with 2482 viewsAnotherJohn

Strange how one of our two village idiots is fighting the Yanks' corner on this thread and the other is doing the same on a second thread. Nice choreography!
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 03:54 - Aug 11 with 2473 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 03:36 - Aug 11 by AnotherJohn

Strange how one of our two village idiots is fighting the Yanks' corner on this thread and the other is doing the same on a second thread. Nice choreography!

I am not fighting anybodies corner.

If it turns out they have taken money out of the club I will be fuming.

My stance is that there is absolutely no evidence to accuse them of this. People are just throwing these accusations around after it finally has sunk in that we are relegated.

They are cutting costs as I expected they would currently. Show me otherwise and you will have me on your side.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 05:49 - Aug 11 with 2420 viewsjack247

‘We cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves...as that will be perceived as a sign of weaknes that other clubs will leverage against us.’

What do they think selling 4 out of 5 centre backs, sending the Ayew brothers out on loan and taking a massive hit on Clucas after 1 season does? Topped off by a wild goose chase of Potters top target. There is very little they can do to make us appear any weaker financially. I’m not sure if they are underestimating the fan base, other clubs, or just bullshitting knowing no one will believe them.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 06:07 - Aug 11 with 2401 viewsmajorraglan

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement in full on 20:27 - Aug 10 by Scotia

Why is the bloke responsible for the "transfer mistakes we are still paying for" still at the club then? What is he doing for £600k a year?

Fair point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024