Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take a bow the people of Neath! 17:26 - Aug 20 with 1417 viewsLohengrin

A young lad suffered a horrific accident on holiday in Ibiza necessitating brain surgery. The insurance covered the medical fees there but the cost of a medical flight to get the boy home to be close to his family was quoted at £25,000. What to do?

His girlfriend’s sister organised an appeal this morning, by teatime the full amount was raised. That right there is what you call community action. The very best of Britain.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 17:57 - Aug 20 with 1345 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:08 - Aug 20 with 1325 viewsFlashberryjack

The Lad is from Ystradgynlais (I used to live next door to his grandparents) terrible thing to happen, sincerely hope the injuries won't leave any long term disabilities.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 1298 viewsHighjack

*bows*

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:27 - Aug 20 with 1281 viewsLohengrin

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:08 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

The Lad is from Ystradgynlais (I used to live next door to his grandparents) terrible thing to happen, sincerely hope the injuries won't leave any long term disabilities.

Jack. He’s a nice kid.

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:27 - Aug 20 with 1281 viewsdickythorpe

Superb generosity. Well done.
Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:49 - Aug 20 with 1235 viewsFlashberryjack

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:27 - Aug 20 by Lohengrin

Jack. He’s a nice kid.

Yes Jack, I don't know him personally, but I know his parents (his father is nice funny bloke).

They must be in bits with worry.

Hello

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 19:00 - Aug 20 with 1196 viewsLohengrin

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 18:49 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Yes Jack, I don't know him personally, but I know his parents (his father is nice funny bloke).

They must be in bits with worry.

It must be like a nightmare, mate.

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 19:56 - Aug 20 with 1110 viewsFlashberryjack

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 19:00 - Aug 20 by Lohengrin

It must be like a nightmare, mate.

Yes it must be, although the good people that donated to the appeal have taken away one of their worries.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 1081 viewsLohengrin

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 19:56 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Yes it must be, although the good people that donated to the appeal have taken away one of their worries.

Do you know what I find most heartening about this? The fact that a lot of those who contributed won’t really have got much in the way of an excess of disposable income but didn’t hesitate in subscribing.

If the only source of information on human nature came from the news you’d be forgiven for thinking that the world is a very dark place indeed. Then every so often something like this occurs and you realise it’s not such a bad place after all, that there are a Hell of a lot of good people about. They just don’t make the headlines.

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 1025 viewsFlashberryjack

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 20:12 - Aug 20 by Lohengrin

Do you know what I find most heartening about this? The fact that a lot of those who contributed won’t really have got much in the way of an excess of disposable income but didn’t hesitate in subscribing.

If the only source of information on human nature came from the news you’d be forgiven for thinking that the world is a very dark place indeed. Then every so often something like this occurs and you realise it’s not such a bad place after all, that there are a Hell of a lot of good people about. They just don’t make the headlines.

A mate of mine (47 yrs old) had a spinal stroke that has left him almost totally paralysed. about a month ago.

A FB page dedicated to the working spaniel folk (sport we're both involved in) held a stud auction for one night, it raised £16,500 in that one evening.

Yes! people can be bloody awful, but there are some awfully nice people as well.

Hello

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 20:55 - Aug 20 with 994 viewsbuilthjack

It's usually ordinary people, some with next to nothing, who keep giving.
Whereby the richer in society just look after themselves.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 21:56 - Aug 20 with 919 viewsWxmJax

My daughter did a shopping packing thingamejig to raise funds for a local hospice. Raised a lot in Asda but not much in M&S. Those that have keep it for themselves, that's why you'll see collections outside Asda, B&M etc but fewer outside Waitrose and M&S. I hope the young lad makes a full recovery.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 753 viewscostalotta

Take a bow the people of Neath! on 20:55 - Aug 20 by builthjack

It's usually ordinary people, some with next to nothing, who keep giving.
Whereby the richer in society just look after themselves.

This is true for the most part but you have to ask why “ordinary people with next to nothing” keep on believing the politicians and voting them in time and time again to do the same thing ?

Sorry, didn’t mean to derail the thread.

A big well done to the community.
Take a bow the people of Neath! on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 734 viewsBatterseajack

That's a remarkable amount of money to pull together in that amount of time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024