Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woods to Stoke 11:41 - Aug 24 with 6512 viewsjacabertawe

Can't see a recent post on this
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-fans-set
Another one who has got away?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Woods to Stoke on 11:52 - Aug 24 with 5212 viewscostalotta

Strange one this as it seems he was Potters number 1 target this window. But, the club weren’t 100% of the belief he was worth the money. Personally never seen him play so cannot comment but we’ve got trust Potter. Shame the board are nit trusting him as much as they need to, you’ll know what I’m getting at there.

It’s a weird situation though, if HJ had not stupidly given ludicrous contract extensions out to a few who despite fantastic service had past they’re sell by arguably they wouldn’t be still on the books and we’d nit know be scrambling to get them off. Anyway, it is what it is.

Support the team and not regime.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Woods to Stoke on 11:54 - Aug 24 with 5193 viewsmonmouth

Maybe he wanted to go to Stoke, who will no doubt pay much more, and was waiting it out?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Woods to Stoke on 12:03 - Aug 24 with 5133 viewsjack247

Woods to Stoke on 11:52 - Aug 24 by costalotta

Strange one this as it seems he was Potters number 1 target this window. But, the club weren’t 100% of the belief he was worth the money. Personally never seen him play so cannot comment but we’ve got trust Potter. Shame the board are nit trusting him as much as they need to, you’ll know what I’m getting at there.

It’s a weird situation though, if HJ had not stupidly given ludicrous contract extensions out to a few who despite fantastic service had past they’re sell by arguably they wouldn’t be still on the books and we’d nit know be scrambling to get them off. Anyway, it is what it is.

Support the team and not regime.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

We couldn’t afford him
Woods to Stoke on 12:14 - Aug 24 with 5063 viewscostalotta

Woods to Stoke on 12:03 - Aug 24 by jack247

We couldn’t afford him

Yeah I know.
Woods to Stoke on 12:26 - Aug 24 with 4988 viewsmajorraglan

Woods to Stoke on 12:14 - Aug 24 by costalotta

Yeah I know.

I am guessing the Club may have been banking on a transfer fee from the sale of Jordan Ayew to fund the purchase and when that went Pete Tong there was no cash and that was also the catalyst for the other sales.

Brentford have said that Woods head was turned, he’s just become a father and originally comes from the Stoke area, so it’s a move back “home”
Woods to Stoke on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 4928 viewsangryjack

Woods to Stoke on 12:26 - Aug 24 by majorraglan

I am guessing the Club may have been banking on a transfer fee from the sale of Jordan Ayew to fund the purchase and when that went Pete Tong there was no cash and that was also the catalyst for the other sales.

Brentford have said that Woods head was turned, he’s just become a father and originally comes from the Stoke area, so it’s a move back “home”

Load b#llox we just too tight there money in the coffers they just want pocket it
Woods to Stoke on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 4934 viewsdobjack2

We couldn’t afford him

It appears that the owners decided not to go ahead with a deal for him.

Only those that have seen the books know our true financial position.
Woods to Stoke on 12:34 - Aug 24 with 4929 viewsJoshTheJack

We turned a bid down from Fulham,We shot ourselves in the foot with this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Woods to Stoke on 12:34 - Aug 24 with 4923 viewsmonmouth

Who the hell is he anyway? I've never heard of him.

There seems to be almost as much hysteria over signing him as there was about getting Aspas and Naismith, not to mention Baston and Sanches.

That said. We need some reinforcing; everyone knows it and which areas, so get the f**k on with it, whoever is pulling the strings.

Woods to Stoke on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 4889 viewsthiswan1

And don't Wales online just love news items like this?
Woods to Stoke on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 4870 viewsperplex

We couldn’t afford him

That's only because our American friends are now roping in there rewards.
Woods to Stoke on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 4867 viewsdobjack2

Woods to Stoke on 12:34 - Aug 24 by monmouth

There seems to be almost as much hysteria over signing him as there was about getting Aspas and Naismith, not to mention Baston and Sanches.

That said. We need some reinforcing; everyone knows it and which areas, so get the f**k on with it, whoever is pulling the strings.

Like a lot of things it’s more about the way things happen at the club (or don’t happen in this case) rather than the thing itself.

If we hadn’t had the saga of being in for him for weeks and didn’t have a lightweight midfield excluding fer then it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

The worry is that pretty much everyone agrees we need strengthening at centre half, central midfield and striker. The reality is that we may just get a youngster as back up centre half.
Woods to Stoke on 12:48 - Aug 24 with 4824 viewsjack247

Woods to Stoke on 12:34 - Aug 24 by monmouth

I haven’t either, just like I’d never heard of Britton, Rangel or Michu before they came here. He was apparently Potters top target and it’s a position we clearly need to reinforce.

Maybe we can’t afford it, maybe the owners looked at it and overruled Potter.
Woods to Stoke on 12:54 - Aug 24 with 4780 viewscostalotta

Woods to Stoke on 12:48 - Aug 24 by jack247

I haven’t either, just like I’d never heard of Britton, Rangel or Michu before they came here. He was apparently Potters top target and it’s a position we clearly need to reinforce.

Maybe we can’t afford it, maybe the owners looked at it and overruled Potter.

I hope it didn’t pan out that way, Potter being over ruled that is. He’s come here, up rooted his family and signed up to the ‘project’ as it were. So, he’s bought into what he’s been sold . I just hope he doesn’t think he’s been mis-sold.

He’s done amazingly well in such a short space of time but if he’s not supported, the first good offer he’ll likley be off, and if that did happen you wouldn’t blame him.
Woods to Stoke on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 4568 viewsjasper_T

He and his family had already moved back there last year after losing their first child. Makes sense from his perspective.

Not sure what Stoke are doing. They've got a lot of very similar midfielders on the books already.
Woods to Stoke on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 4525 viewsswitchingcode

Woods to Stoke on 13:44 - Aug 24 by jasper_T

He and his family had already moved back there last year after losing their first child. Makes sense from his perspective.

Not sure what Stoke are doing. They've got a lot of very similar midfielders on the books already.

That’s all very true with his baby due next month it’s an ideal move where although you pulled out of signing him Swansea location wise would have been a problem although I heard he was keen to sign.Not sure how he fits in with Rowetts style of play but then he might not be around much longer.
Woods to Stoke on 14:08 - Aug 24 with 4437 viewsTheResurrection

Woods to Stoke on 12:54 - Aug 24 by costalotta

I hope it didn’t pan out that way, Potter being over ruled that is. He’s come here, up rooted his family and signed up to the ‘project’ as it were. So, he’s bought into what he’s been sold . I just hope he doesn’t think he’s been mis-sold.

He’s done amazingly well in such a short space of time but if he’s not supported, the first good offer he’ll likley be off, and if that did happen you wouldn’t blame him.

Be honest. You ain't got the faintest clue what he's been "sold' have you?

Also, regarding Woods, what if it perhaps came down to him or Fer? Which would you choose?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Woods to Stoke on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 4415 viewsCaptain_Sham

So many ITK fkers on here peddled the narrative that Potters been lied to that its become fact now. Potters demeanor and comments tell a different story. From day one he talked about restructure and rebirth. About tough times ahead. 'We have a lot of work to do' being his latest quote.
What we have on here is a bunch of disgruntled fans projecting their disappointment on to Potter when in reality he knows what he got himself into.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:15]

Its just a ride.

Woods to Stoke on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 4356 viewscostalotta

Woods to Stoke on 14:08 - Aug 24 by TheResurrection

Also, regarding Woods, what if it perhaps came down to him or Fer? Which would you choose?

Be honest you lack simple comprehension don’t you.

I doubt you know much given your posting history. You fail with your predictions, fail trying to bully your way into the Trust, and it seems you fail to understand what people are posting and now failing in your attempts at abuse said posters. Oh, and I remeber you also failed in your attempt to suggest that you and your mate were being bullied. Chin up though and keep at it. You may get one right at some point.

Oh, given that I don’t know much about woods I’d have to say Fer without a doubt. I’d also like us to have decent back up for him (Fer that is).
Woods to Stoke on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 4325 viewsCroftyjack

Woods to Stoke on 12:54 - Aug 24 by costalotta

'Project' LOL there is no project its a play on words so we buy into it.....they hoping he can turn average players into stars, Yes looks like Potter is having an immediate effect on the team but will it last with what is at his disposal....its almost criminal the way they are not supporting him.
There would be a project if he was backed...the loan window aint great so far is it, oh wait when it closes we all be saying we can sign free transfers...I can guarantee that one loan will come in and that will mainly be to appease the fans and Potter....in all honesty we need 3 minimum to compete properly.
Woods to Stoke on 15:24 - Aug 24 with 4174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sky Transfer Centre says Stoke paying £7M.
Woods to Stoke on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 4128 viewsGriffting

I love the wording on some of these headlines ‘stoke beat Swansea to Woods signature’, I’m fairly confident we haven’t been part of this ‘battle’ since transfer deadline day.
Woods to Stoke on 16:48 - Aug 24 with 3955 views100onZero

Woods to Stoke on 14:08 - Aug 24 by TheResurrection

Where in his post did he say he knew what Potter has been 'sold'?

Why not have both. What if Fer is injured?
Woods to Stoke on 18:23 - Aug 24 with 3783 viewsmonmouth

Woods to Stoke on 15:24 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Sky Transfer Centre says Stoke paying £7M.

For a loan????

Woods to Stoke on 18:28 - Aug 24 with 3762 viewsjack247

Woods to Stoke on 18:23 - Aug 24 by monmouth

For a loan????

It will be a loan with an with an agreement to buy for £7m in January or at the end of the season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024