Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 40399 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 14:27 - Sep 4 with 2246 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 14:22 - Sep 4 by dobjack2

Potter is definitely a Jenkins recommendation and one the owners have listened to. Appointment? I wouldn’t have thought he has the power to hire, or fire for that matter, on his own anymore.

Correct all round.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Interview with the Owners on 14:28 - Sep 4 with 2246 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 14:27 - Sep 4 by Darran

He has been known to change his mind. lol

😂

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Interview with the Owners on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 2211 viewsJJJack

Interview with the Owners on 14:22 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

FFS the comment you're stuck with us is them just being Americans...

Let's face it Jasey, you're really scraping the barrel with those points aren't you.

Fans are getting desperate, it's quite comical.

Ha ha, you’re impressed that someone is a millionaire? You think that automatically makes someone a good businessman?! Jesus Christ mate, you can win a million on the lottery.....

Be nice if you could answer my question on what these imbeciles have done for SCFC in the last 2 years?
Interview with the Owners on 15:07 - Sep 4 with 2174 viewsLeonWasGod

Interview with the Owners on 13:35 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

I've always said that it was Huw, argued like fack on here with people it was Huw, WTF are you on about?

But regardless of who's invention it was, as we very much are aware right now, it's the Americans who make the final decisions and that's what ultimately happened here.

You certainly implied the credit should go to the Americans. No doubt they rubber stamped it, but up to that point I bet they had very little to do with it. And they're hardly going to say 'no' and leave us managerless. Look how their last pick turned out!

Anyway, I wasn't looking for a pedantic argument. I was asking what the Americans have done for us.

So far then we've got:
1) Bridging payments to cover cashflow shortages (probably). Are they making interest on this?
2) Sanctioned the signing of Potter

This isn't just for you though - anyone else know? The Trust? Surely you guys and girls must be aware of what the Americans bring to the table? It would be helpful to know and if there's some good news stories it might help build bridges, as I think most of us are struggling to see them as competent owners.
Interview with the Owners on 15:11 - Sep 4 with 2160 viewsQJumpingJack

The big issue is that the owners have not/and will not show the fans (and Trust) any respect.

They have come across as very arrogant from their very first press conference in 2016.
Interview with the Owners on 15:22 - Sep 4 with 2138 viewsQJumpingJack

From Summer 2016, he confirms first match was vs Leicester in Autumn 2015 at The Liberty.

[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 15:22]
Interview with the Owners on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 2114 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 14:50 - Sep 4 by JJJack

Ha ha, you’re impressed that someone is a millionaire? You think that automatically makes someone a good businessman?! Jesus Christ mate, you can win a million on the lottery.....

Be nice if you could answer my question on what these imbeciles have done for SCFC in the last 2 years?

Not a lot mate but that's what I've been trying to get across to people. That it's not so much Jenkins' mistakes as those from the Americans, but, and it's a big but, you're not going to just wave a magic wand and remove them, or just by asking them politely or otherwise,. So we've got to roll with it for now and try to find out as much as we can about their intentions

The reset button has well and truly been pressed and so far it's so good for me.

Interview with the Owners on 15:33 - Sep 4 with 2088 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 15:07 - Sep 4 by LeonWasGod

You certainly implied the credit should go to the Americans. No doubt they rubber stamped it, but up to that point I bet they had very little to do with it. And they're hardly going to say 'no' and leave us managerless. Look how their last pick turned out!

Anyway, I wasn't looking for a pedantic argument. I was asking what the Americans have done for us.

So far then we've got:
1) Bridging payments to cover cashflow shortages (probably). Are they making interest on this?
2) Sanctioned the signing of Potter

This isn't just for you though - anyone else know? The Trust? Surely you guys and girls must be aware of what the Americans bring to the table? It would be helpful to know and if there's some good news stories it might help build bridges, as I think most of us are struggling to see them as competent owners.

Rubbish.

I've long since argued who's responsible for bringing in Potter and that's all on here for everyone to read.

What I said was....

""Hang on, it was these two sleeze merchants that ultimately gave Potter the chance in the big time. No other club did that and I think you and others underestimate the opportunity he's actually been given and all because fans are blinded by hatred. """

Key word 'ultimately'.

For let me tell you now, if they don't want to do something they won't and the rest of the influences can whistle Dixie, to context Americanisms.

But of course this appointment has Jenkins written all over it.

Childish argument

And your other point, not a lot to date, more mistakes than achievements I would say but they paid their money so they took their chances. I'm hoping they're willing to listen more currently and I'm glad they're overseeing what could be our return to a more successful way.

Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 15:41 - Sep 4 with 2066 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 14:50 - Sep 4 by JJJack

You think these 2 made their money from the facking lottery Jasey??

OK mate....

Interview with the Owners on 16:03 - Sep 4 with 2038 viewsQJumpingJack

If you look at the photo of the interview, there are loads of bottles of wine in the background.

If they are expensive, perhaps they could sell them to fund our next transfer window.
Interview with the Owners on 16:05 - Sep 4 with 2028 viewsTenbySwan

Admin,
Could we have a thread where The Resurrection can go and argue with himself please?
He sure as hell is boring the FECK out of everyone on here!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 16:17]
Interview with the Owners on 16:17 - Sep 4 with 2006 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 16:05 - Sep 4 by TenbySwan

Admin,
Could we have a thread where The Resurrection can go and argue with himself please?

It's boring to have two sides of an argument?
Interview with the Owners on 16:21 - Sep 4 with 1996 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 16:17 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

It's boring to have two sides of an argument?

It's just when there's a heated debate there's more than one person present, it's like starting a fight on your own in a telephone box.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 16:23]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 16:52 - Sep 4 with 1939 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 16:05 - Sep 4 by TenbySwan

Admin,

Is this the case?

Interview with the Owners on 17:00 - Sep 4 with 1922 viewsJJJack

Interview with the Owners on 15:41 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

You think these 2 made their money from the facking lottery Jasey??

OK mate....

No. I have a fair idea from reading up on them how/why they have some wealth.
Their track record is one of failure with other clubs ON the field of play. DC United are on a good run and have a great new stadium. Years of abject failure prior to this. Ditto their other 2 clubs. And then they buy the Swans. I very hope I’m wrong. But I doubt it. We’ll see
Interview with the Owners on 17:02 - Sep 4 with 1919 viewsBillyChong

Interview with the Owners on 13:45 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

I think the wisdom is spot on.

Take Brentford and their simple fans as an example. They wanted a huge slice, relatively speaking, of our parachute payments and the price for Woods was artificially increased because of this. We weren't allowed for that to happen as we've been caught before and rightly criticised for it. In our opinion Woods was not worth what they wanted and we stuck to our guns. Good. Learning.

Clubs will see we won't be taken as mugs and if they want to do business with us they can do it fairly.

On the flip side Brentford didn’t need to desperately flog him at the first opportunity, the same can’t be said for our lot. Regardless of ‘plugging the gap’ etc the Brentford owner has invested a lot of his own money into the playing side. More than these yanks ever will.
Interview with the Owners on 17:06 - Sep 4 with 1904 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 17:02 - Sep 4 by BillyChong

On the flip side Brentford didn’t need to desperately flog him at the first opportunity, the same can’t be said for our lot. Regardless of ‘plugging the gap’ etc the Brentford owner has invested a lot of his own money into the playing side. More than these yanks ever will.

A reported £100M from Benham.

Interview with the Owners on 17:09 - Sep 4 with 1893 viewsswitchingcode

Interview with the Owners on 17:06 - Sep 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

A reported £100M from Benham.

Including the new ground 110 mill
Interview with the Owners on 17:16 - Sep 4 with 1873 viewsswitchingcode

Interview with the Owners on 13:45 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

I think the wisdom is spot on.

Take Brentford and their simple fans as an example. They wanted a huge slice, relatively speaking, of our parachute payments and the price for Woods was artificially increased because of this. We weren't allowed for that to happen as we've been caught before and rightly criticised for it. In our opinion Woods was not worth what they wanted and we stuck to our guns. Good. Learning.

Clubs will see we won't be taken as mugs and if they want to do business with us they can do it fairly.

The fans don’t negotiate a players deal.Woods went to Stoke for the asking price last week so by my Reckoning the club set the price right.Looks like your owners are now saying they didn’t think the player was right for the team although they admit the manager wanted him.Sounds like your owners haven’t got a pot to piss in.
Interview with the Owners on 17:18 - Sep 4 with 1862 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 17:00 - Sep 4 by JJJack

No. I have a fair idea from reading up on them how/why they have some wealth.
Their track record is one of failure with other clubs ON the field of play. DC United are on a good run and have a great new stadium. Years of abject failure prior to this. Ditto their other 2 clubs. And then they buy the Swans. I very hope I’m wrong. But I doubt it. We’ll see

So they're on the up.with a great new stadium?

Interview with the Owners on 17:20 - Sep 4 with 1859 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 17:02 - Sep 4 by BillyChong

And more than we should want them to.

Plus, it seems Brentford were very keen on getting shot.

Interview with the Owners on 17:22 - Sep 4 with 1855 viewsTheResurrection

Interview with the Owners on 17:16 - Sep 4 by switchingcode

The fans don’t negotiate a players deal.Woods went to Stoke for the asking price last week so by my Reckoning the club set the price right.Looks like your owners are now saying they didn’t think the player was right for the team although they admit the manager wanted him.Sounds like your owners haven’t got a pot to piss in.

The owners didn't say that at all so try to get things right.

And the only other club interested were also one with parachute payments, Who let's face it, were pretty desperate by the time they opted for Woods

Interview with the Owners on 17:24 - Sep 4 with 1853 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 17:16 - Sep 4 by switchingcode

"JL: We certainly thought Ryan Woods was a talented player. He is very effective in the role he plays, but ultimately when we did our diligence we thought it was not the ideal fit for us at this time. That was a decision that took many different conversations with Kyle Macaulay, with Graham Potter, with Huw Jenkins and our whole team. It was not an easy decision as he is a player who is attractive for a lot of reasons, but we came out and said it was not the right time to make that deal happen."

Sounds like their stats man informed them that players with newborns usually see a drop in performance levels.

"We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. I think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring."

I don't think there's no money, but they were hoping for £4m on sale rather than the £6-7m he ended up going for.
Interview with the Owners on 17:28 - Sep 4 with 1840 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Interview with the Owners on 17:24 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

"JL: We certainly thought Ryan Woods was a talented player. He is very effective in the role he plays, but ultimately when we did our diligence we thought it was not the ideal fit for us at this time. That was a decision that took many different conversations with Kyle Macaulay, with Graham Potter, with Huw Jenkins and our whole team. It was not an easy decision as he is a player who is attractive for a lot of reasons, but we came out and said it was not the right time to make that deal happen."

Sounds like their stats man informed them that players with newborns usually see a drop in performance levels.

"We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. I think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring."

I don't think there's no money, but they were hoping for £4m on sale rather than the £6-7m he ended up going for.

Many conversations and no Plan B?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 17:29]

Interview with the Owners on 17:40 - Sep 4 with 1822 viewsswitchingcode

Interview with the Owners on 17:24 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

They also seemed to avoid the question about the manager wanting the player and him being disappointed when they answered “we can’t live in a world where we cannot disappoint the manager”
Let’s be honest neither side seems to be missing not having Ryan Woods and I think we will both be battling it out at the top of league this season.Should be happy to at least have got yourselves a decent manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024