Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson 19:27 - Sep 22 with 3210 viewsJackfath

I hope we can tie him down for a season or two to enjoy his development into a top class Premier League defender. Let's all hope it's with us.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 19:31 - Sep 22 with 2608 viewsSwanjaxs

Rodon was better than Mawson last season.... as was Fernandez, VDH and probably Amat too.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 19:49 - Sep 22 with 2512 viewsdobjack2

Different division against a different quality of forward, so not a fair comparison however I do agree with the rest of your post.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 19:54 - Sep 22 with 2474 viewsLeonWasGod

He’s showing the quality Mawson did at a lower level for sure. I think he’s a cracking player. We must tie him down with a new deal.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:05 - Sep 22 with 2420 viewsSwansea93

Speaking of Mawson, he had a stinker for Fulham subbed at half time.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 2354 views34dfgdf54

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:05 - Sep 22 by Swansea93

Speaking of Mawson, he had a stinker for Fulham subbed at half time.

Always was massively overrated here.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 2320 viewsHugeEnkins

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:21 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

Always was massively overrated here.

Wishful thinking to be fair
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 2319 viewshobo

Far too early to make that claim. Mawson would have flourished under Potter
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 2047 views34dfgdf54

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 20:27 - Sep 22 by HugeEnkins

Wishful thinking to be fair

Let’s make it clear I’m not saying Rodon is better. He’s never tested himself at that level. My point is Mawson was massively overrated here. Nowhere near the level of a fit Ash, or dare I say it, Chico.
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 23:40 - Sep 22 with 2006 viewsKilkennyjack

Unfair to compare Mawson with Rodon.

Rodon is different class.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 23:45 - Sep 22 with 1991 viewsDarran

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 23:40 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Unfair to compare Mawson with Rodon.

Rodon is different class.

Definitely my Friend. He won’t be here next season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 23:59 - Sep 22 with 1957 viewsLoyal

Mawson is being found out every week, dreadful today I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:01 - Sep 23 with 1952 viewsGeoffThom

Always said he was overrated, Fernandez always got the blame for mawson being poor.
Let's not put to much pressure on Joe just yet
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:06 - Sep 23 with 1938 viewsTim_Harry

Probably one of the strangest threads I've seen in a bit.

Mainly because as an avid fan of the under 23s over the years I find myself disagreeing with most here.

Joe is a cracking player. He's getting better with every game. He could be a great asset for us.

But to say that he's better than Mawson? What class A's are you lot taking?

I know we all want to see a local boy do well. I do too. But let's be reasonable here. Joe is way short of Alfie at the moment and anyone who says otherwise is an absolute fantasist.

Bookmark this thread and in two or three years you may have a point. Not now, though.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:28 - Sep 23 with 1890 viewshobo

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:06 - Sep 23 by Tim_Harry

Mainly because as an avid fan of the under 23s over the years I find myself disagreeing with most here.

Joe is a cracking player. He's getting better with every game. He could be a great asset for us.

I know we all want to see a local boy do well. I do too. But let's be reasonable here. Joe is way short of Alfie at the moment and anyone who says otherwise is an absolute fantasist.

Bookmark this thread and in two or three years you may have a point. Not now, though.

Mate, not to take it away from Joe, but even the comparison to Mawson shows how well Rodon has stepped in. Keep it up son, we're all with you!
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:36 - Sep 23 with 1878 viewsUxbridge

Mawson was always massively overrated here, especially compared to Fernandez and VdH who I thought were superior players for us.

Not sure Rodon is at that level yet, but he's comparable to Ben Davies at this stage of his development and that's an impressive achievement in itself, and if he achieves what Ben has he'll be better than Mawson.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:38 - Sep 23 with 1875 viewsTim_Harry

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:28 - Sep 23 by hobo

Mate, not to take it away from Joe, but even the comparison to Mawson shows how well Rodon has stepped in. Keep it up son, we're all with you!

So you're pretty much agreed with me then? :)
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:44 - Sep 23 with 1858 viewsTim_Harry

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:36 - Sep 23 by Uxbridge

Mawson was always massively overrated here, especially compared to Fernandez and VdH who I thought were superior players for us.

Not sure Rodon is at that level yet, but he's comparable to Ben Davies at this stage of his development and that's an impressive achievement in itself, and if he achieves what Ben has he'll be better than Mawson.

It would be more fair to compare Connor Roberts to Ben Davies.

Same positions and same abilities.

Rodon will be a fantastic player. But let's be realistic.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:51 - Sep 23 with 1841 viewsDarran

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:44 - Sep 23 by Tim_Harry

WTF?

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:56 - Sep 23 with 1828 viewsUxbridge

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:44 - Sep 23 by Tim_Harry

RB and LB are quite different in fairness. Actually I'd say Rodon and Davies are better comparisons in terms of their attributes, footballing abilities etc.

No disrespect to Roberts of course. He's an excellent player. Just a different type.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 01:11 - Sep 23 with 1799 viewsTim_Harry

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:51 - Sep 23 by Darran

WTF?

WTF?

I guess that means you need to have something explained to you.

Fire away.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 01:16 - Sep 23 with 1787 viewsDarran

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 01:11 - Sep 23 by Tim_Harry

WTF?

I guess that means you need to have something explained to you.

Fire away.

They don’t play same positions.

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 05:29 - Sep 23 with 1675 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 00:06 - Sep 23 by Tim_Harry

You are wrong.

In every aspect Rodon is already better.
The biggest difference of all - pace.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 07:38 - Sep 23 with 1602 views34dfgdf54

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 05:29 - Sep 23 by Kilkennyjack

You are wrong.

In every aspect Rodon is already better.
The biggest difference of all - pace.

You don’t know that because Rodon hasn’t played in the Premier League. We have all seen how big the gulf in quality is.
Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 08:44 - Sep 23 with 1512 viewsCatullus

To be fair to Mawson, he carried an injury much of last season. I'm not saying Rodon won't be a star, I don't know, he might be but it's way too early. He might have peaked and be a top Championship player who never quite makes it, or he might become an EPL legend. Putting such pressure on him now would be a mistake, we have to let him grow at his own pace.
If Mawson is failing now, I don't really care. He's gone. I just agree we should be getting Rodon signed up for a 3/4 year contract.
To be honest, I was more disappointed when Fernandes left than Mawson but Rodon has turned that into a positive.
I don't think the Academy worked for us in the EPL, the step up is just too great but it's paying dividends now. Either that or Potter actually is Harry and has worked unbelieveable magic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rodon is a far better player than Mawson on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 1341 viewsomarjack

Rodon is being superb with us right now. He has all the attributes to shape up to be a very capable player, I would even dare to say, if we were still in the PL, He would have been touted to be the next John Stones (who I find very overrated btw). He's only being tested in the championship of course, but he's being superb despite him being thrown in the mix out of nowhere with almost no experience at a senior level.

Mawson? He ended up being a nobody playing for Fulham who are shipping goals by the twos and threes every game.

Fernandez and VDH were our solid rocks since Ash's departure. Alfie did ok, scored crucial goals for us tbf..but defensively he was always a disaster waiting to happen..p*ssyfooting for no apparent reason (cost us a point in the last minute against Watford when he didn't clear the ball, Richarlison punished us)..Playing around the ball endlessly in our penalty area just for fun..tripping with the ball at his feet, failing to clear it, and falling on his face (Locadia's goal when we got thrashed 1-4 to Brighton)

If he wasn't English he would have been worth less than 7 m.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024