Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITV researcher job. 19:19 - Oct 19 with 15479 viewsJango

Cracking job opportunity for someone as long as you’re not white.

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunity/researcher-itv-tonight/

This traineeship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background
ITV researcher job. on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 1711 viewsexiledclaseboy

ITV researcher job. on 21:12 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

I think your missing the point.

It appears she’s grasped it perfectly.

Poll: Tory leader

ITV researcher job. on 21:18 - Oct 19 with 1702 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 21:04 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

3% being non white in FTSE 100 CEO jobs and 14% of population being non white is quite a mismatch though isn’t it.

That’s a mismatch that would require an increase of nearly 400% to rectify.

11 more jobs in a pool of only 100.

But, you know, there’s a training position paying £10 an hour at ITV for a year...

What a load of nonsense. It’s a mismatch if you’re looking for a mismatch. Would you feel same if the 14% swing was the other way? Notba chance. It is what it is. What is a disgrace is that people like yourself are actually happy to give jobs to people based on their skin colour or sex just to make the numbers look better at the expense of white people.

And £10 an hour is a lot of money to some people Lisa.
ITV researcher job. on 21:19 - Oct 19 with 1698 viewsFlashberryjack

ITV researcher job. on 21:16 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

It appears she’s grasped it perfectly.

You think so ? after you've already accepted that it racist

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

ITV researcher job. on 21:21 - Oct 19 with 1691 viewsItchySphincter

Poor white people.

Outrage!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

ITV researcher job. on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 1688 viewsexiledclaseboy

ITV researcher job. on 21:19 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

You think so ? after you've already accepted that it racist

Yes. It is racist by the definition of that word. As I said, it’s all about context. I don’t object to this advert in any way.

ITV researcher job. on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 1683 viewsFlashberryjack

ITV researcher job. on 21:21 - Oct 19 by ItchySphincter

Poor white people.

Outrage!

Poor black people

Outrage.

Hello

ITV researcher job. on 21:33 - Oct 19 with 1668 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 21:14 - Oct 19 by AnotherJohn

Probably influenced by this.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/diversity-

ITV had the lowest % of staff from ethnic minorities of the big five broadcasters at 8%.

Channel 4 has 18% ethnic minority Employees. That’s 4% more than the U.K. population average. They also have 59% female employees. Obviously Lisa won’t have a problem with that.
ITV researcher job. on 21:36 - Oct 19 with 1661 viewsFlashberryjack

ITV researcher job. on 21:22 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. It is racist by the definition of that word. As I said, it’s all about context. I don’t object to this advert in any way.

Would you object if the advert was for white British only.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

ITV researcher job. on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 1656 viewsexiledclaseboy

ITV researcher job. on 21:36 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

Not if there was under-representation of white people in the organisation advertising when compared to the population, no. But that’s hardly likely to ever be an issue really.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2018 21:39]

ITV researcher job. on 21:40 - Oct 19 with 1646 viewsexiledclaseboy

ITV researcher job. on 21:33 - Oct 19 by Jango

Channel 4 has 18% ethnic minority Employees. That’s 4% more than the U.K. population average. They also have 59% female employees. Obviously Lisa won’t have a problem with that.

Well done C4 I say.

ITV researcher job. on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 1635 viewsCatullus

ITV researcher job. on 20:21 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

Creative Access is an independent body that is specifically dedicated to improving access to creative jobs for ethnic minorities.
There was a fuss when similar training positions were advertised with the BBC through the same programme.

Anyone concerned about being denied the opportunity to join a training scheme which pays about £10 per hour because they’re white could always apply for a job as CEO of a FTSE 100 company (pay will be about £5m per annum or so) - 97 of the 100 are white.

Most of them are men too but that doesn't make any racism or sexism right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

ITV researcher job. on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 1635 viewssherpajacob

ITV researcher job. on 19:27 - Oct 19 by swanforthemoney

they would be open to actions from people like the guy who used to sue small companies for ageism when they advertised for a school leaver to fill a post.

Aren't we all school leavers, I left in 1985.

Except for peenemunde, I'm not sure if he's in year 6 or 7. Still a, few years left for him.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

ITV researcher job. on 21:50 - Oct 19 with 1624 viewsFlashberryjack

ITV researcher job. on 21:38 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Not if there was under-representation of white people in the organisation advertising when compared to the population, no. But that’s hardly likely to ever be an issue really.

Any job/appointment that restricts a person from applying by the colour of their skin or ethnicity is racist, and shouldn't be allowed.

You obviously see it differently, which is your prerogative.

Hello

ITV researcher job. on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 1623 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 21:38 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

. Ethnic minority employees make up 12% of employees across the five main broadcasters, lower than the UK population average of 14%. Two of the five main broadcasters employ a higher proportion of people from an ethnic minority background than the UK average: Channel 4 at 18%, and Viacom at 16%. The BBC ranks joint-third with Sky, at 13%, while the lowest proportion of people from an ethnic minority background is found at ITV, at 8%

12% across the board. Not even an issue.
ITV researcher job. on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 1620 viewsexiledclaseboy

ITV researcher job. on 21:52 - Oct 19 by Jango

. Ethnic minority employees make up 12% of employees across the five main broadcasters, lower than the UK population average of 14%. Two of the five main broadcasters employ a higher proportion of people from an ethnic minority background than the UK average: Channel 4 at 18%, and Viacom at 16%. The BBC ranks joint-third with Sky, at 13%, while the lowest proportion of people from an ethnic minority background is found at ITV, at 8%

12% across the board. Not even an issue.

Eight per cent at ITV. QED.

ITV researcher job. on 22:00 - Oct 19 with 1614 viewsCatullus

ITV researcher job. on 21:54 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

The problem with positive discrimination is (apart from it being racism) is that to have equal representation is all but impossible if people from ethnic backgrounds don't want and don't apply for jobs being held back for them.
All so called positive discrimination does is give more ammo and encouragement to the lunatic fringe.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

ITV researcher job. on 22:06 - Oct 19 with 1603 viewslondonlisa2001

ITV researcher job. on 21:18 - Oct 19 by Jango

What a load of nonsense. It’s a mismatch if you’re looking for a mismatch. Would you feel same if the 14% swing was the other way? Notba chance. It is what it is. What is a disgrace is that people like yourself are actually happy to give jobs to people based on their skin colour or sex just to make the numbers look better at the expense of white people.

And £10 an hour is a lot of money to some people Lisa.

As pointed out, it’s not a 14% swing, it’s a 400% (ish) swing.

And £10 an hour may well be a lot of money, I didn’t say it wasn’t. But I’ve already pointed out 97 £5m a year jobs available to you if you’re white. That’s £2.4k an hour assuming the same 40 hour weeks. As we’ve already calculated, 11 of those jobs have been given to people based on skin colour. Unless, of course, you asssume that white people are somehow intrinsically more talented than non white?
ITV researcher job. on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 1601 viewslondonlisa2001

ITV researcher job. on 21:33 - Oct 19 by Jango

You have no idea what I would or wouldn't have a problem with.
ITV researcher job. on 23:50 - Oct 19 with 1568 viewsstevethejack

Man size tissues - makes sense to me.

Needed for a man sized blob of spunk dished into it. Anything smaller would mean it would leak.
ITV researcher job. on 23:56 - Oct 19 with 1564 viewsHighjack

ITV researcher job. on 21:36 - Oct 19 by Flashberryjack

Or if the advert was for most suitable and qualified person, but then that’s a stupid idea...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

ITV researcher job. on 00:11 - Oct 20 with 1559 viewsE20Jack

ITV researcher job. on 19:59 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

It would if the employee could prove that whites were underrepresented in the organisation, yes.

What do you mean ''underrepresented''?

I am very much against this term. Each profession is there not to represent a whole spectrum of society but to do a job, those workers there represent nothing other than themselves, a white worker there doesn't represent me more than an Asian would represent Ki Sung Yueng.

What about people over 6 foot 5 for example? People with wisdom tooth problems? Where does this end?

or is it just skin and genitals?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

ITV researcher job. on 00:23 - Oct 20 with 1554 viewsE20Jack

ITV researcher job. on 22:00 - Oct 19 by Catullus

The problem with positive discrimination is (apart from it being racism) is that to have equal representation is all but impossible if people from ethnic backgrounds don't want and don't apply for jobs being held back for them.
All so called positive discrimination does is give more ammo and encouragement to the lunatic fringe.

Correct it is despicable.

This social identity by grouping is a terrifying prospect. So a white person looking to get into that industry and was waiting for such an opportunity cannot now apply simply because many people who have the same shade of skin work there? What has that got to do with that person? They are now discriminated against due to the colour of their skin.

Equal representation in every job would only happen by tyranny, the sooner people realise that people are not the same, the better. What a depressing era we live in with this third wave feminist movement dominating societies movements.

If society was made blind to discrimination. Does anyone honestly believe the building profession would be 50% female for example? proving they are only being held back by discrimination? Do you think the nursing industry would be 50% male? People are different shock horror.

The fact there is around 10% of minority groups employed in an industry within a country that is made up of 12% minority groups shows there is no problem. Or do we expect every single company matches to the % of population? You must also remember that a certain % of that 12% also do not speak adequate English, so they will always be under the % exact population split.

How many feminists do you see protesting against the lack of ''male representation'' in female dominated workplaces? My guess is none.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 0:25]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

ITV researcher job. on 04:42 - Oct 20 with 1514 viewspikeypaul

So if it’s OK for these companies to recruit based on skin colour does that apply to football clubs?

Or are they unlike companies like ITV allowed to recruit the best person for the job.

The pathetic liberals have shown their stupidity yet again.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

ITV researcher job. on 05:59 - Oct 20 with 1496 viewsJango

ITV researcher job. on 22:06 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

As pointed out, it’s not a 14% swing, it’s a 400% (ish) swing.

And £10 an hour may well be a lot of money, I didn’t say it wasn’t. But I’ve already pointed out 97 £5m a year jobs available to you if you’re white. That’s £2.4k an hour assuming the same 40 hour weeks. As we’ve already calculated, 11 of those jobs have been given to people based on skin colour. Unless, of course, you asssume that white people are somehow intrinsically more talented than non white?

Honestly Lisa, you are off your nut. How can you just assume those jobs have been given on skin colour? There’s a hell of a lot more factors that come into it before you can even begin to talk about colour. Ability to do the job being the main one. Also, you are basically saying that because 97 of the top 100 jobs in the country have gone to white people that it’s perfectly fine then discriminate against whites people on the lower paid jobs.

Do you watch the football and complain when there’s more blacks on the field than white? More whites in the swimming final or more blacks in the 100m sprint?

Honestly, you are everything that’s wrong with society today.
ITV researcher job. on 06:51 - Oct 20 with 1485 viewswobbly

ITV researcher job. on 21:54 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

To be statistically sound, and ensure all aspects of diversity are included, we need to overlay these stats with sexuality.

This being the media, you can be sure the vast majority of the white men are gay. The straight, white male is very much the minority, likely victimised, harassed and discriminated out. And probably worse at channel 4 to be honest.

Will no one think of the straight white men?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024