Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? 12:17 - Nov 2 with 3713 viewsBrynCartwright

So the Bank of England want public nominations for a scientist to adorn the new plastic £50 note.

Enter your nominations here:-

https://app.keysurvey.co.uk/f/1348443/10fc/

I went for Stephen Hawking. Bit obvious but at least relevant. They will probably select some petticoated Victorian lass I've never heard of because of gender imbalance.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:05 - Nov 2 with 1141 viewsjack2jack

Trevor Baylis.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:28 - Nov 2 with 1112 viewsHighjack

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:05 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

Trevor Baylis.

He’s Australian and I doubt cricket counts as a science.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:33 - Nov 2 with 1106 viewsjack2jack

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:28 - Nov 2 by Highjack

He’s Australian and I doubt cricket counts as a science.

Yeah I know it was a wind up😉
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 20:54 - Nov 2 with 1092 viewsGaryjack

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 21:41 - Nov 2 with 1060 viewsProfessor

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 17:24 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

What about Alfred Russel Wallace? Handy bloody Neath boy you are!

Good call but unlikely as Darwin used to be on the tenner
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 23:36 - Nov 2 with 1038 viewsLeJacobin

Fred Sanger. Only British scientist to win two Nobel prizes, did very important work in protein sequencing and DNA sequencing which was integral to the molecular biology revolution. He turned down a knighthood so this would be a nice way to honour him and his contribution to science.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 23:44 - Nov 2 with 1030 viewsJack_Meoff

Outside shouts but Nikola Tesla and Werner von Braun. Legends.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 00:10 - Nov 3 with 1026 viewsUxbridge

My money's on Lovelace, and very worthy she'd be too, but I'd vote for Turing or Berners-Lee. Hawking may get the nod due to the timing though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 00:16 - Nov 3 with 1023 viewstheloneranger

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 00:10 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

My money's on Lovelace, and very worthy she'd be too, but I'd vote for Turing or Berners-Lee. Hawking may get the nod due to the timing though.

Linda Lovelace

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 02:01 - Nov 3 with 1006 viewsmathroberts

Turin or Newton
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 09:45 - Nov 3 with 971 viewsCatullus

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 12:50 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

Rosalind Franklin.

It will be Stephen Hawking though. As soon as it is a public vote, he’s one of the few scientists many people will have heard of, despite most of them having no clue what he actually did other than from seeing the film.

Alan Turing would also be a good choice.

I was going to say Turing but maybe a "team photo" of the codebreakers at Bletchley would be good?
I think they all (as many as they can fit on anyway) deserve the recognition. It covers several bases too so miht keep the PC brigade happy!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 11:35 - Nov 3 with 963 viewsWarwickHunt

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 00:10 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

They’d doubtless become known as Lindas.

Some people may find that hard to swallow.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 919 viewsDJack

I voted for James Clerk Maxwell as Newton appeared on a note years ago.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 19:28 - Nov 3 with 912 viewsJack_Meoff

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 11:35 - Nov 3 by WarwickHunt

They’d doubtless become known as Lindas.

Some people may find that hard to swallow.

That gag will prove too deep for some Mr H.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 19:34 - Nov 3 with 911 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Turing.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 09:00 - Nov 4 with 878 viewssainthelens

Mr. Holbrook our old science teacher from Bishop Gore. Fckn pervert he was, always made the lads laugh cos of his constant leering at the girls. His creepy smile on a note be quite something.
Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 11:07 - Nov 4 with 856 viewsyescomeon

I didn't realise Newton was on the old £1 note, as I've never seen one!!

Maxwell would also be my choice, in fact I'm amazed he's not already appeared on a bank note.

Upthecity!

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 11:10 - Nov 4 with 854 viewsHighjack

Your scientist nomination for new £50 note...? on 09:00 - Nov 4 by sainthelens

Mr. Holbrook our old science teacher from Bishop Gore. Fckn pervert he was, always made the lads laugh cos of his constant leering at the girls. His creepy smile on a note be quite something.

Let’s hope Mr Holbrook’s lawyers aren’t avid readers of planetswans!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024