Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reminder To The Board 16:55 - Nov 24 with 4659 viewsTheKirkyLife

This is how far away we are from the Premier League. January investment please.
Reminder To The Board on 16:57 - Nov 24 with 3478 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I don't think we have that kind of owners.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Reminder To The Board on 17:00 - Nov 24 with 3450 viewsicecoldjack

I don't think any team is streets ahead of us, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot like we did against Rotherham,Ipswich and again today we'd be looking odds on for auto promotion.

Overall Norwich were ruthless we as per normal were wasteful.

The only we need and we've all know it since the summer is a decent striker to help Ollie.

Onto the next game, the great thing with this league is there is a chance to redeem ourselves and move on.

No need to panic that's for sure.
Reminder To The Board on 17:01 - Nov 24 with 3429 viewsTheKirkyLife

Reminder To The Board on 17:00 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

I don't think any team is streets ahead of us, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot like we did against Rotherham,Ipswich and again today we'd be looking odds on for auto promotion.

Overall Norwich were ruthless we as per normal were wasteful.

The only we need and we've all know it since the summer is a decent striker to help Ollie.

Onto the next game, the great thing with this league is there is a chance to redeem ourselves and move on.

No need to panic that's for sure.

Oh 100% no need to panic. Not like we lost 4-1 at home in the relegation zone or anything. Even still, wouldn't have wanted to be a fan paying to see that tripe live.
Reminder To The Board on 17:12 - Nov 24 with 3382 viewswaynekerr55

Cue propaganda blaming the result on unrest caused by the pesky Supporters Trust...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Reminder To The Board on 17:23 - Nov 24 with 3356 viewsjasper_T

Don't think the board need reminding how far we are from the PL. That's why they've cut costs so heavily, they knew a Stoke-like gamble wasn't likely to pay off.

They and Potter have said from the start it's a long-term rebuilding project before promotion becomes the absolute goal.
Reminder To The Board on 17:24 - Nov 24 with 3353 viewsHighjack

I doubt they even know what the result was yet.

They might ask in tuesdays conference call.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Reminder To The Board on 19:23 - Nov 24 with 3115 viewsBadlands

How far were we behind Norwich today?
Only a decent striker IMO.
We had an off day defensively and I have never seen a team give away (gift - even score) 3 goals like we did today.
Had Olson started and Naughton gun in midfield we'd have got points.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reminder To The Board on 19:31 - Nov 24 with 3097 viewsgiantstoneater

Reminder To The Board on 19:23 - Nov 24 by Badlands

We had an off day defensively and I have never seen a team give away (gift - even score) 3 goals like we did today.

Defence had an off day but the midfield were like butter. The amount of times Fer and Celina just let runners go was horrific. Celina needs some bench time and Fer is getting game time because we lack a true def midfielder. If players leave then one will come with in.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 19:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Reminder To The Board on 05:26 - Nov 25 with 2865 viewsScottishEddie

Reminder To The Board on 17:01 - Nov 24 by TheKirkyLife

Oh 100% no need to panic. Not like we lost 4-1 at home in the relegation zone or anything. Even still, wouldn't have wanted to be a fan paying to see that tripe live.

Relegation zone?

How much do you want to spend and where shall we get it from?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Reminder To The Board on 07:34 - Nov 25 with 2805 viewsDr_Winston

I think we need to move away from the belief that we're "only a striker away" from challenging at the top. For me it's not so much a personnel issue as an experience and fluency one.

There are still a few glitches in the way we play that'll restrict us regardless of who is upfront. Too often our players dally on the ball, slowing moves down by taking three or four touches when one or two is enough. Our passing could be a lot crisper and more attacking. We still play the ball backwards unnecessarily too often. It's crazy how often players have to check runs to receive the ball because the pass has gone behind them instead of ahead so they can run onto it. Compare us to the way Norwich had runners moving into space onto through passes behind our defensive line. They turned us almost at will sometimes.

As for the players, we're not getting enough goals out of people who aren't McBurnie. Celina should have a couple more by now from the positions he gets into. Dan James has frightening potential, but his final ball needs work. Too often the cross goes nowhere near any of the players we've got in the box. But he's still done much better than anbody who has come in on the other flank.

None of these are insurmountable issues. Mostly they're the signs of a relatively young team still learning how to play a particular way and needing a bit of patience from us. There have been a number of glimpses this season of how good we can be when we click and it'll probably only be a matter of time before we do it more often, but for me it's a bigger thing than just let's sign another striker.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reminder To The Board on 08:35 - Nov 25 with 2739 viewsjack247

Reminder To The Board on 07:34 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

I think we need to move away from the belief that we're "only a striker away" from challenging at the top. For me it's not so much a personnel issue as an experience and fluency one.

There are still a few glitches in the way we play that'll restrict us regardless of who is upfront. Too often our players dally on the ball, slowing moves down by taking three or four touches when one or two is enough. Our passing could be a lot crisper and more attacking. We still play the ball backwards unnecessarily too often. It's crazy how often players have to check runs to receive the ball because the pass has gone behind them instead of ahead so they can run onto it. Compare us to the way Norwich had runners moving into space onto through passes behind our defensive line. They turned us almost at will sometimes.

As for the players, we're not getting enough goals out of people who aren't McBurnie. Celina should have a couple more by now from the positions he gets into. Dan James has frightening potential, but his final ball needs work. Too often the cross goes nowhere near any of the players we've got in the box. But he's still done much better than anbody who has come in on the other flank.

None of these are insurmountable issues. Mostly they're the signs of a relatively young team still learning how to play a particular way and needing a bit of patience from us. There have been a number of glimpses this season of how good we can be when we click and it'll probably only be a matter of time before we do it more often, but for me it's a bigger thing than just let's sign another striker.

Excellent post.

Potter said yesterday that Norwich were ahead of us on their trajectory. Krul aside, I don’t think they had any household names yesterday. I’m assuming they’ve gone through a similar exercise to the one we’re doing and are now at the stage where they’ve ironed out the little glitches and are able to seriously challenge. Hopefully that will be us next season or the one after.
Reminder To The Board on 09:10 - Nov 25 with 2699 viewsDr_Winston

Reminder To The Board on 08:35 - Nov 25 by jack247

Excellent post.

Potter said yesterday that Norwich were ahead of us on their trajectory. Krul aside, I don’t think they had any household names yesterday. I’m assuming they’ve gone through a similar exercise to the one we’re doing and are now at the stage where they’ve ironed out the little glitches and are able to seriously challenge. Hopefully that will be us next season or the one after.

We could probably accelerate the process with signings. A metronomic defensive midfielder also capable of putting a foot in a la Leon would make a big difference, but they're not common.

The big difference from the last time we built a style of play from scratch is that we were at a lower level with more experienced players and could more easily get away with making mistakes. Whilst overall the Championship is not of a particularly great standard, the better teams in it do tend to punish errors. We got a lesson in that yesterday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reminder To The Board on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 2585 views34dfgdf54

Reminder To The Board on 08:35 - Nov 25 by jack247

Excellent post.

Good post and spot on.
Reminder To The Board on 13:28 - Nov 25 with 2528 viewsjackrmee

Reminder To The Board on 17:23 - Nov 24 by jasper_T

Don't think the board need reminding how far we are from the PL. That's why they've cut costs so heavily, they knew a Stoke-like gamble wasn't likely to pay off.

They and Potter have said from the start it's a long-term rebuilding project before promotion becomes the absolute goal.

Exactly, and anyone wanting to go straight back up to the prem now should be very cautious about their wishes.

Norwich are not the only side who have managed to punish our mistakes so far this season, but were the ones who clearly had more quality in their punishment.
In the prem we would be getting punished by the best teams in the world.
We are nowhere near ready and 1/2/3 players won't make us ready.

Long term rebuilding, experience playing together and learning tactics. That's what's going to get us back in the prem with the ability to compete.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reminder To The Board on 14:07 - Nov 25 with 2474 viewsbuilthjack

We are three or four good players away from being in the top 6.
The owners wont spend money, they are here to make it.
Shame, but they are not football people.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Reminder To The Board on 14:34 - Nov 25 with 2449 viewsjackrmee

Reminder To The Board on 14:07 - Nov 25 by builthjack

We are three or four good players away from being in the top 6.
The owners wont spend money, they are here to make it.
Shame, but they are not football people.

They are spending money on new contracts.
Plus, it doesn't matter how much money we spend on players if they don't conduct themselves properly, hence why we are in this situation in the first place.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reminder To The Board on 14:36 - Nov 25 with 2447 views34dfgdf54

Reminder To The Board on 09:10 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

We could probably accelerate the process with signings. A metronomic defensive midfielder also capable of putting a foot in a la Leon would make a big difference, but they're not common.

The big difference from the last time we built a style of play from scratch is that we were at a lower level with more experienced players and could more easily get away with making mistakes. Whilst overall the Championship is not of a particularly great standard, the better teams in it do tend to punish errors. We got a lesson in that yesterday.

Potter knows himself we are short of a defensive midfielder, hence his long pursuit of Woods. I’m hoping his scouting team have someone lined up for January.
Reminder To The Board on 14:49 - Nov 25 with 2422 viewsjasper_T

Reminder To The Board on 14:36 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Potter knows himself we are short of a defensive midfielder, hence his long pursuit of Woods. I’m hoping his scouting team have someone lined up for January.

Think he might look for a left back first.
Reminder To The Board on 16:06 - Nov 25 with 2363 viewsjack247

Reminder To The Board on 14:49 - Nov 25 by jasper_T

Think he might look for a left back first.

I’m not sure. He had the same personnel, minus Declan John, available in August. It was pretty clear who his main target was at the time. For some reason (probably not fit enough to play further forward) we had Fer there yesterday.

Grimes has probably done better than expected.
Reminder To The Board on 16:08 - Nov 25 with 2359 viewsjackrmee

Reminder To The Board on 16:06 - Nov 25 by jack247

I’m not sure. He had the same personnel, minus Declan John, available in August. It was pretty clear who his main target was at the time. For some reason (probably not fit enough to play further forward) we had Fer there yesterday.

Grimes has probably done better than expected.

Fer has played there for every appearance though hasn't he? Think Potter sees him more as a CDM as anything else

Reminder To The Board on 16:20 - Nov 25 with 2341 viewsmagicdaps10

We conceded 4 goals but the difference was a decent striker.

I respect opinions but come on!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Reminder To The Board on 16:27 - Nov 25 with 2325 viewsjack247

Reminder To The Board on 16:08 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

Fer has played there for every appearance though hasn't he? Think Potter sees him more as a CDM as anything else

Yeah. If not all then certainly most. He hasn’t got the discipline to play there. He’s much better further forward. In an ideal world, him and Fulton would have had each other’s role yesterday.
Reminder To The Board on 16:30 - Nov 25 with 2317 viewsjackrmee

Reminder To The Board on 16:27 - Nov 25 by jack247

Yeah. If not all then certainly most. He hasn’t got the discipline to play there. He’s much better further forward. In an ideal world, him and Fulton would have had each other’s role yesterday.

Didn't he start with them both holding?
Seemed like Fulton went upfront then when he changed formations, until Bony came on.

Reminder To The Board on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 2309 viewsjack247

Reminder To The Board on 16:30 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

Didn't he start with them both holding?
Seemed like Fulton went upfront then when he changed formations, until Bony came on.

They were both behind Celina, but Fer was sitting deep and Fulton has more licence to go forward or wide.
Reminder To The Board on 16:41 - Nov 25 with 2300 viewsmagicdaps10

Needing strengthening does not mean us spending money we dont have........why people still think it involves spending money we dont have us just baffling.

We had a cracking system, buying younger players who had not achieved their potential and suited the system, that system went out the window when Jenkins started acting DOF.

Scouting has been our weakness in recent years, lets see what Kyle McCauley can do within the clubs budget AND keep Jenkins as far away from this department as possible.

Remember Ferrie Bodde.....50k.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024