Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 19416 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 18:28 - Dec 6 with 1183 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 17:12 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

EBU is not EU. The "B" in the middle is a handy hint.

Really? So you mean Russia isn’t a member of the EU?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A 2nd Referendum on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 1155 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 18:28 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

Really? So you mean Russia isn’t a member of the EU?

You'd be amazed by the number of people who think EBU is part of EU.
A 2nd Referendum on 19:43 - Dec 6 with 1139 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 19:09 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

You'd be amazed by the number of people who think EBU is part of EU.

Irony bypass.

Poll: Tory leader

A 2nd Referendum on 20:33 - Dec 6 with 1108 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 16:49 - Dec 6 by Batterseajack

The irony of all this was that it was the UK government pushing for EU expansion to eastern Europe!

Do you have the proof of that?
A 2nd Referendum on 21:29 - Dec 6 with 1082 viewsJackSomething

A 2nd Referendum on 16:41 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Great advantage for people from the poor regions of the EU, Romania etc, to come to UK to work and claim UK in work benefits and child allowance for their children even though they do not live in the UK and have much lower living costs. They then send the money back home so it does not get spent in the UK.

Child benefit should only be paid to children in the UK. The money saved could be spent to help child poverty in the UK.

Well if they're working, they're paying National Insurance and Income Tax, which is used to pay for services that benefit us all, so they are generating money used in this country.

If they don't have a job, they won't get any benefits for 3 months and then have to satisfy fairly complicated criteria after that.

I would be interested to know how much the Government pays out in Child Benefit to people from EEA countries whose kids still live in their home country. Something tells me it won't cover that £350m the NHS was promised.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

A 2nd Referendum on 22:07 - Dec 6 with 1064 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 21:29 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

Well if they're working, they're paying National Insurance and Income Tax, which is used to pay for services that benefit us all, so they are generating money used in this country.

If they don't have a job, they won't get any benefits for 3 months and then have to satisfy fairly complicated criteria after that.

I would be interested to know how much the Government pays out in Child Benefit to people from EEA countries whose kids still live in their home country. Something tells me it won't cover that £350m the NHS was promised.

You know and we all know the £350M has nothing to do with what Immigrants generate here.
Plus there are 2 things wrong with your argument
1. they do not "have" to pay taxes and National Insurance if they work, especially illegals.
2. They send far more cash out of the country than they contribute even if they do pay them. The cash they earn here makes their families quite rich "back home". As was shown on TV programmes about Polish and Romanian workers.
A 2nd Referendum on 22:51 - Dec 6 with 1041 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 22:07 - Dec 6 by A_Fans_Dad

You know and we all know the £350M has nothing to do with what Immigrants generate here.
1. they do not "have" to pay taxes and National Insurance if they work, especially illegals.
2. They send far more cash out of the country than they contribute even if they do pay them. The cash they earn here makes their families quite rich "back home". As was shown on TV programmes about Polish and Romanian workers.

1. They wouldn’t be getting child benefit if they were working illegally.

2. If you’ve earned your money you should be free to choose how you spend it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A 2nd Referendum on 23:19 - Dec 6 with 1020 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 22:07 - Dec 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Something tells me you have no reliable facts to back this up.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 23:41 - Dec 6 with 1008 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 15:14 - Dec 6 by Jango

Yes, and no doubt a comedy sketch is your only experience of it. It’s easy to say freedom of movement is great when it’s never had a negative impact on your livelihood. A large number of the 17.4m people have felt it though but they are just racist and stupid.

These are the stats of working people in the UK, correct in May 2018.

There were 28.73 million UK nationals working in the UK, 417,000 more than for a year earlier. There were 2.29 million EU nationals working in the UK, 28,000 fewer than for a year earlier.

No doubt people who voted leave have felt an impact on their livelihood with the number of immigrants from the EU. I question how many. We need a large number of the immigrants to fill essential worker roles, including the NHS. Many UK residents have benefitted from these roles. It is a fact that we needed these workers due to shortages. The NHS has had to employ workers from much further afield.

Immigration can be good and it can affect some of the population in other roles. It does work both ways. Obviously, none of us want to be affected in our work because an influx of cheaper labour ends our livelihood. In my own industry, many jobs have been lost because companies outsource roles overseas, in India, Pakistan, the Phillipines and beyond. That is just business ( as it is so delicately phrased). There is no no brexit from that. At least the people who come here will be putting something back in to our economy. There is the elephant in the room immigration where money is sent back to help their families and that has got nothing to do with this continent.

I honestly do not know what the answer is but I do believe that we will see our GDP negatively hit with the current brexit deal if voted through and that will affect far more people's livelihoods.

A 2nd Referendum on 09:10 - Dec 7 with 933 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 23:41 - Dec 6 by jack_lord

There were 28.73 million UK nationals working in the UK, 417,000 more than for a year earlier. There were 2.29 million EU nationals working in the UK, 28,000 fewer than for a year earlier.

No doubt people who voted leave have felt an impact on their livelihood with the number of immigrants from the EU. I question how many. We need a large number of the immigrants to fill essential worker roles, including the NHS. Many UK residents have benefitted from these roles. It is a fact that we needed these workers due to shortages. The NHS has had to employ workers from much further afield.

Immigration can be good and it can affect some of the population in other roles. It does work both ways. Obviously, none of us want to be affected in our work because an influx of cheaper labour ends our livelihood. In my own industry, many jobs have been lost because companies outsource roles overseas, in India, Pakistan, the Phillipines and beyond. That is just business ( as it is so delicately phrased). There is no no brexit from that. At least the people who come here will be putting something back in to our economy. There is the elephant in the room immigration where money is sent back to help their families and that has got nothing to do with this continent.

I honestly do not know what the answer is but I do believe that we will see our GDP negatively hit with the current brexit deal if voted through and that will affect far more people's livelihoods.

Immigration is definitely positive and will always be here and always have been here. People are always welcome as far as I’m concerned but it should be easier to chuck those who misbehave on the next plane out of here without them hiding behind human rights laws.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 09:42 - Dec 7 with 922 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 09:10 - Dec 7 by Highjack

Immigration is definitely positive and will always be here and always have been here. People are always welcome as far as I’m concerned but it should be easier to chuck those who misbehave on the next plane out of here without them hiding behind human rights laws.

Agree about immigration allowing people the country needs in, but not those it does not need or want.
A 2nd Referendum on 09:46 - Dec 7 with 920 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 23:41 - Dec 6 by jack_lord

Illegals working "cash in hand" do not show up in those stats do they?
The government doesn't even know where they are let alone track what they earn.
Do you ever watch day time TV, where they show councils checking for illegally overcrowded houses, they are continually finding illegals living 10-12 to a 3 bed house.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:20 - Dec 7 with 907 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 09:46 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you ever watch day time TV, where they show councils checking for illegally overcrowded houses, they are continually finding illegals living 10-12 to a 3 bed house.

I understand what you are saying. Working "cash in hand" isn't exactly a new phenomenon. How many local labourers etc; were getting paid cash in hand while getting full benefits. No, I don't watch day time telly so I will take your word for that. Are they illegals?

A 2nd Referendum on 10:29 - Dec 7 with 897 viewsWarwickHunt

Something tells me you watch a lot of daytime tv.

Call it a hunch.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:37 - Dec 7 with 892 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 15:00 - Dec 6 by Jango

You live in the London bubble, you haven’t got a clue. You’ve probably never worked on a site where lads have been paid off and cheaper labour has been brought in from Portugal or Poland to finish off jobs. Thousands of highly skilled British workers looking for work while foreign contractors undercut them.

London bubble...wibble... metropolitan elite...wibble...mainstream media...wibble...BBC bias..wibble ...British workers...wibble...immigration...wibble...foreign...wibble...sovereignty...
wibble... WTO...

BINGO!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 11:17]
A 2nd Referendum on 10:45 - Dec 7 with 881 viewsHighjack

These hand wash car washes that are springing up everywhere seem to be dodgy as hell. The one by me is always filled with around 25 people working all day who can’t speak a word of English. They only take cash, you can’t pay with card.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

A 2nd Referendum on 10:56 - Dec 7 with 875 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 10:45 - Dec 7 by Highjack

These hand wash car washes that are springing up everywhere seem to be dodgy as hell. The one by me is always filled with around 25 people working all day who can’t speak a word of English. They only take cash, you can’t pay with card.

We metropolitan elite in the London bubble have English chaps from Harrods valet our (foreign) cars on a contract basis.

Cash is so vulgar, dontcha think?
A 2nd Referendum on 11:01 - Dec 7 with 871 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 10:45 - Dec 7 by Highjack

Buy a jet wash. That is one measure to reduce trafficking. There was an article in the Welsh paper highlighting "local" businesses with illegals. Funnily enough they were from Iran, Bangladesh and India. The car wash places near us are filled with non EU people.

A 2nd Referendum on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 864 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 11:01 - Dec 7 by jack_lord

Buy a jet wash. That is one measure to reduce trafficking. There was an article in the Welsh paper highlighting "local" businesses with illegals. Funnily enough they were from Iran, Bangladesh and India. The car wash places near us are filled with non EU people.

If we all bought jet washes then the hand car wash industry would be decimated overnight and these poor dabs would be out of a job.

A 2nd Referendum on 11:20 - Dec 7 with 858 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 11:05 - Dec 7 by Highjack

If we all bought jet washes then the hand car wash industry would be decimated overnight and these poor dabs would be out of a job.

They’d be really cheap though because of the incredible trade deal the mighty UK could do with China once free of the shackles of the dastardly EU...
A 2nd Referendum on 11:25 - Dec 7 with 853 viewsBatterseajack

I had a plumber come round the other day to pipe up a shower pump for me. I chucked him £200 cash for a couple of hours work but didn't get a receipt. He was white and British so i guess it doesn't really matter.
A 2nd Referendum on 12:00 - Dec 7 with 836 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 11:25 - Dec 7 by Batterseajack

I had a plumber come round the other day to pipe up a shower pump for me. I chucked him £200 cash for a couple of hours work but didn't get a receipt. He was white and British so i guess it doesn't really matter.

It would have been £500 if it wasn’t for the bloody Poles undercutting him.

Poor bastard is probably at a food bank as we speak.
A 2nd Referendum on 12:38 - Dec 7 with 818 viewsHighjack

Is “pipe up a shower pump for me” a euphemism?

A 2nd Referendum on 13:09 - Dec 7 with 802 viewsBatterseajack

A 2nd Referendum on 12:38 - Dec 7 by Highjack

Is “pipe up a shower pump for me” a euphemism?

For that sort of money i wish it was
A 2nd Referendum on 13:30 - Dec 7 with 788 viewsJango

Yes because people who have an issue with freedom of movement within the EU have an issue with non-white people. The Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese etc.... all black.

The moment you throw the race card at the issue you prove you know absolutely nothing about the reasons. Just an ignorant bloke.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 13:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024