Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Olsson 21:24 - Dec 8 with 8540 viewsJinxy

How is he? OK I hope.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 21:24]
Martin Olsson on 21:32 - Dec 8 with 7034 viewslonglostjack

Didn’t look good. Knee or ankle?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Martin Olsson on 08:05 - Dec 9 with 6654 viewsshandyjack

Achilles unfortunately

Poll: Expectation for the season

Martin Olsson on 08:27 - Dec 9 with 6617 viewsJinxy

Ah thank you. That's bad, but from what I heard at the time could have been a lot worse. We'll miss him.
Martin Olsson on 09:45 - Dec 9 with 6478 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Olsson on 08:05 - Dec 9 by shandyjack

Achilles unfortunately

Bugger. If it’s a rupture that could be his season done. Hope that’s not the case.
Martin Olsson on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 6410 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Martin Olsson on 09:45 - Dec 9 by LeonWasGod

Bugger. If it’s a rupture that could be his season done. Hope that’s not the case.

If it is a ruptured Achilles I doubt we will see him play for us again.
Martin Olsson on 10:34 - Dec 9 with 6342 viewsMuteswan

Martin Olsson on 09:45 - Dec 9 by LeonWasGod

When I snapped my Achilles Tendon, I was 48 and playing squash, I was told that it would take longer to recuperate than if I’d broken my leg. The surgeon also said that I would make a reasonably good recovery and I could expect to be able to play squash again after physio. Bear in mind my age and the after care I received back in 2001 compared to the treatment Olsson has available to him, and he’s a lot younger, I’d imagine (hopefully) he will make an excellent recovery but will take quite a while. I never went back to playing squash, mainly because I was off work for so long and didn’t want to risk anything again. ☹️
Martin Olsson on 13:13 - Dec 9 with 6125 viewsswan65split

Martin Olsson on 10:34 - Dec 9 by Muteswan

When I snapped my Achilles Tendon, I was 48 and playing squash, I was told that it would take longer to recuperate than if I’d broken my leg. The surgeon also said that I would make a reasonably good recovery and I could expect to be able to play squash again after physio. Bear in mind my age and the after care I received back in 2001 compared to the treatment Olsson has available to him, and he’s a lot younger, I’d imagine (hopefully) he will make an excellent recovery but will take quite a while. I never went back to playing squash, mainly because I was off work for so long and didn’t want to risk anything again. ☹️

When I snapped mine I had come to the end of my footballing days, bar for the odd friendly etc, but I was into Marathon running by then, I was out for a year, so basically after that it was like starting all over again, never was able to run a Marathon after that , it left a weakness in the leg that is still there today.
saying that Neil Webb snapped his, he came back , but dont think he was the same player again.
Hope its not as bad as they think it is
PS only pain I had was when it snapped, and I managed to walk to my car and drive to the docs.
Martin Olsson on 13:33 - Dec 9 with 6087 viewsBanosswan

A rupture of the Achilles tends to be worse than a full snap unfortunately. It doesn't heal well.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Martin Olsson on 13:36 - Dec 9 with 6081 viewstheloneranger

Nathan Dyer ruptured his Achilles in Feb 2017 playing against Leicester.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Martin Olsson on 13:37 - Dec 9 with 6070 viewsKingBony

Same as Dyer’s injury last year no?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Martin Olsson on 14:03 - Dec 9 with 6032 viewsMuteswan

Martin Olsson on 13:13 - Dec 9 by swan65split

When I snapped mine I had come to the end of my footballing days, bar for the odd friendly etc, but I was into Marathon running by then, I was out for a year, so basically after that it was like starting all over again, never was able to run a Marathon after that , it left a weakness in the leg that is still there today.
saying that Neil Webb snapped his, he came back , but dont think he was the same player again.
Hope its not as bad as they think it is
PS only pain I had was when it snapped, and I managed to walk to my car and drive to the docs.

Same here with regard to the pain, excruciating to start but manageable afterwards. As far as my foot was concerned I had no control over it. It was completely limp, I was unable to lift my foot it was in a pointing downward direction, and yes also my injured leg is still quite a bit smaller than the other. It is surprising how quickly the muscle wastage kicked in.
Martin Olsson on 14:20 - Dec 9 with 5993 views34dfgdf54

Martin Olsson on 13:37 - Dec 9 by KingBony

Same as Dyer’s injury last year no?

I thought Fer did his Achilles?
Martin Olsson on 14:36 - Dec 9 with 5970 viewstheloneranger

Martin Olsson on 14:20 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

I thought Fer did his Achilles?

👍👍

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Martin Olsson on 15:00 - Dec 9 with 5940 viewsswan65split

Martin Olsson on 14:03 - Dec 9 by Muteswan

Same here with regard to the pain, excruciating to start but manageable afterwards. As far as my foot was concerned I had no control over it. It was completely limp, I was unable to lift my foot it was in a pointing downward direction, and yes also my injured leg is still quite a bit smaller than the other. It is surprising how quickly the muscle wastage kicked in.

Managed to drive to docs and home, he said I had just twisted my ankle! following morning I couldnt walk, another doc visited, didnt touch me at all but could tell by foot and the indentation at the back of the ankle what was wrong.
Just before Xmas it was,,,,,,,lazy waited on hand and "foot" one it was
Martin Olsson on 15:44 - Dec 9 with 5865 viewsgiantstoneater

How did Roberts do when he came on? Naughton can cover there or right back or do we need a left back in the window on loan. Don't want Grimes filling in there its midfield for him or nothing!
Martin Olsson on 16:49 - Dec 9 with 5804 viewsBadlands

Martin Olsson on 15:44 - Dec 9 by giantstoneater

How did Roberts do when he came on? Naughton can cover there or right back or do we need a left back in the window on loan. Don't want Grimes filling in there its midfield for him or nothing!

Govea looked god in the unders games and his fitness levels are improving.
Hopefully we will never see Declan John playing for us again.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Martin Olsson on 17:13 - Dec 9 with 5757 viewsTheKirkyLife

Martin Olsson on 16:49 - Dec 9 by Badlands

I reckon the likes of Govea, Dhanda, Byers, Garrick and co. will probably be protected until January. The influence of exciting players like those at the end of the season could be a second wave of energy.
Martin Olsson on 18:38 - Dec 9 with 5645 viewsgiantstoneater

Martin Olsson on 16:49 - Dec 9 by Badlands

He certainly improved us against Bristol Rovers the other night I got the impression that Tyler didn't want to be on the pitch. I tend to think after winning at Brentford perhaps GP will stick with Roberts at left back and Naughton at right, although I didn't see the whole game perhaps someone who went could let us know how he got on, one thing the highlights did show was that Dyer and Roberts seemed to link well. Hope Olsson is ok and has a quick recovery.
Martin Olsson on 21:47 - Dec 10 with 5127 viewsLoyal

Martin Olsson on 18:38 - Dec 9 by giantstoneater

He certainly improved us against Bristol Rovers the other night I got the impression that Tyler didn't want to be on the pitch. I tend to think after winning at Brentford perhaps GP will stick with Roberts at left back and Naughton at right, although I didn't see the whole game perhaps someone who went could let us know how he got on, one thing the highlights did show was that Dyer and Roberts seemed to link well. Hope Olsson is ok and has a quick recovery.

Govea has a real talent, strong and creative.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 21:48]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Martin Olsson on 22:16 - Dec 10 with 5039 viewsjackrmee

Martin Olsson on 21:47 - Dec 10 by Loyal

Govea has a real talent, strong and creative.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 21:48]

Get the kunt in!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Martin Olsson on 22:34 - Dec 10 with 5015 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Martin Olsson on 15:44 - Dec 9 by giantstoneater

Roberts did fine at Brentford he even managed a good run into the penalty area and despite being off balance after a challenge still managed to get a shot away which struck the foot of the post.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Martin Olsson on 07:41 - Dec 11 with 4811 views34dfgdf54

Martin Olsson on 22:16 - Dec 10 by jackrmee

Get the kunt in!

Didn't he do his hammy yest?

I'd be keen to see him in the first team squad now.
Martin Olsson on 13:45 - Dec 11 with 4598 viewsjasper_T

Olsson's left achilles ruptured. End of his season and given the type of player he is potentially career-threatening.
Martin Olsson on 13:49 - Dec 11 with 4581 viewsnantywatcher

Martin Olsson on 13:45 - Dec 11 by jasper_T

Olsson's left achilles ruptured. End of his season and given the type of player he is potentially career-threatening.

Gutted for him.
Martin Olsson on 14:51 - Dec 11 with 4481 viewsJinxy

Get well soon Martin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46457152
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 14:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024