Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dan James gets sold ... 19:48 - Jan 24 with 27059 viewsSwans_16

... I will not be renewing my Season Ticket.

The full intent of the owners will be visible for all to see if it goes through.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:11 - Jan 24 with 6823 viewsOldjack

Correct ,there's no need to sell whatsoever ,he's a promising youngster with a bright future

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:13 - Jan 24 with 6817 viewsFireboy2

Get your tin hat on pronto as the holier than thou brigade will be chucking very large rocks at you shortly

Btw i think you are correct in your decision
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:19 - Jan 24 with 6786 viewsTailGunner

I think the owners are a waste of space.
Genuinely worry about who they will sell too. They won't care as long as they regroup as much cash as possible for the 28

But they can't pocket the transfer money.
Parachute payments are also scrutinised, they cant pocket them either.
It's illegal.
They can only pocket dividends on profits.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 20:20]
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:23 - Jan 24 with 6766 viewsswan65split

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:19 - Jan 24 by TailGunner

Genuinely worry about who they will sell too. They won't care as long as they regroup as much cash as possible for the 28

It's illegal.

Can parachute payments be used for consultancy fees?
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:25 - Jan 24 with 6761 viewsSwans_16

Don’t need my tinhat, i’m sure many will agree.

No need to sell, we’re trying to build a youthful team for the coming seasons - Selling makes absolutely no sense - I could take the culls of last Summer - Most were sensible, this one however is not.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:26 - Jan 24 with 6756 viewsOldjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:19 - Jan 24 by TailGunner

It's illegal.

I've no doubt whatsoever it'll be syphoned off very discretely one way or another

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:28 - Jan 24 with 6733 viewsTailGunner

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:26 - Jan 24 by Oldjack

I've no doubt whatsoever it'll be syphoned off very discretely one way or another

If anything dubious shows up the PL withhold the parachute payments.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:30 - Jan 24 with 6724 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:28 - Jan 24 by TailGunner

Do the PL get to see management accounts?

Trust must be fuming.
Login to get fewer ads

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:37 - Jan 24 with 6677 viewsCroftyjack

I have not posted for a while but this situation has drawn me to reply here...despite all of the negative PR from owners/board about bad medicine and the result of poor transfer windows we have done quite well considering but we know as fans we could have done a little but better without the drastic overhaul.
Now the real fact remains that after selling over £40 m in the summer and with the biggest level parachute payment we will never be in a better position to bounce back financially yet we are acting like paupers and yes most fans accept moving on high earners that don't contribute that much.
Every season we will get that bit poorer and by selling the young prospects with lesser players coming through we will level out with the rest of the lower half teams and be fighting to stay in this league....If we cant keep Dan in this position we never will under the current regime who wont spend to replace..we aren't even spending on the development teams anymore so where will the replacements come from??????
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:40 - Jan 24 with 6655 viewsOldjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:28 - Jan 24 by TailGunner

I wouldn't trust them and never ever trust a liar like Huw

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:42 - Jan 24 with 6634 viewsTailGunner

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:40 - Jan 24 by Oldjack

I wouldn't trust them and never ever trust a liar like Huw

I trust none of them OJ.
But I'll be there next season and as long as I'm fit & healthy enough.

It's a massive part of my life.
Good times & bad.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:42 - Jan 24 with 6634 viewsOldjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:37 - Jan 24 by Croftyjack

I have not posted for a while but this situation has drawn me to reply here...despite all of the negative PR from owners/board about bad medicine and the result of poor transfer windows we have done quite well considering but we know as fans we could have done a little but better without the drastic overhaul.
Now the real fact remains that after selling over £40 m in the summer and with the biggest level parachute payment we will never be in a better position to bounce back financially yet we are acting like paupers and yes most fans accept moving on high earners that don't contribute that much.
Every season we will get that bit poorer and by selling the young prospects with lesser players coming through we will level out with the rest of the lower half teams and be fighting to stay in this league....If we cant keep Dan in this position we never will under the current regime who wont spend to replace..we aren't even spending on the development teams anymore so where will the replacements come from??????

Spot on ,as it stands the future is looking grim

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:44 - Jan 24 with 6622 viewspencoedjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:37 - Jan 24 by Croftyjack

Top post.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:54 - Jan 24 with 6557 viewsOldjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 20:42 - Jan 24 by TailGunner

I trust none of them OJ.
But I'll be there next season and as long as I'm fit & healthy enough.

It's a massive part of my life.
Good times & bad.

Same here ,but that smile has disappeared knowing we are lining strangers pockets and not the club

If Dan James gets sold ... on 21:01 - Jan 24 with 6525 viewsMoscowJack

If we sell Dan James for anything less than an absolute minimum of £10m, then we know how desperate the Yanks are.

I totally understand that they raised probably only about 40% of what they expected in incoming transfer revenue in the summer. I also think that they would have spent more if they had received more in transfer fees.

BUT (of course there was one), they had a choice of funding the backing of a pretty good manager or bleed the club dry by selling every decent player just to avoid having to cover any losses. They have, so far, gone for the latter and I think an offer of anything over £3m will see Dan gone.

Selling or loaning out the high-earners makes absolute perfect sense and we're all on board with that, but the U23s are our future and, in many ways, our safety net.

Sadly, I'm sure the "it was hard to keep a player who was in the last x months of his contract and was offered a very good deal elsewhere, closer to his home, that we couldn't match" statement has already been written.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:04 - Jan 24 with 6355 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 21:01 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

If we sell Dan James for anything less than an absolute minimum of £10m, then we know how desperate the Yanks are.

I totally understand that they raised probably only about 40% of what they expected in incoming transfer revenue in the summer. I also think that they would have spent more if they had received more in transfer fees.

BUT (of course there was one), they had a choice of funding the backing of a pretty good manager or bleed the club dry by selling every decent player just to avoid having to cover any losses. They have, so far, gone for the latter and I think an offer of anything over £3m will see Dan gone.

Selling or loaning out the high-earners makes absolute perfect sense and we're all on board with that, but the U23s are our future and, in many ways, our safety net.

Sadly, I'm sure the "it was hard to keep a player who was in the last x months of his contract and was offered a very good deal elsewhere, closer to his home, that we couldn't match" statement has already been written.

They could have sold McBurnie in the summer but gave him a new contract instead.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:17 - Jan 24 with 6294 viewsbonymine

If Dan James gets sold ... on 21:01 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

Very true again Nick ....the asset stripping of OUR Club is breaking my heart but totally predictable yet totally avoidable if the Sellouts hadn’t cashed in to the highest bidder to the Hedge Fund Yanks...

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club .....💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:20 - Jan 24 with 6285 viewsswancity

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:04 - Jan 24 by jasper_T

They could have sold McBurnie in the summer but gave him a new contract instead.

Cheers Huw

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:29 - Jan 24 with 6245 viewsjasper_T

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:20 - Jan 24 by swancity

Cheers Huw

Sorry that fact contradict the narrative but there we go.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 23:48 - Jan 24 with 6093 viewscontroversial_jack

Doesn't matter how much we sell him for the money won't be invested in new players
If Dan James gets sold ... on 00:17 - Jan 25 with 6051 viewsZaxx

If Dan James gets sold ... on 22:29 - Jan 24 by jasper_T

Sorry that fact contradict the narrative but there we go.

The OP was talking about Dan James, not McBurnie. Like now in January, not last summer.
And, the narrative from scfc since the summer has mostly been about having hit the reset button and begun again with youth in mind.
I see the OP's point. If Dan is sold it sort of negates the reset soundbyte shite and could indicate that the club isn't being totally honest with its fanbase.
Not that I would believe that for one moment of course....
If Dan James gets sold ... on 01:45 - Jan 25 with 5980 viewsLoyal

If Dan James gets sold ... on 00:17 - Jan 25 by Zaxx

The OP was talking about Dan James, not McBurnie. Like now in January, not last summer.
And, the narrative from scfc since the summer has mostly been about having hit the reset button and begun again with youth in mind.
I see the OP's point. If Dan is sold it sort of negates the reset soundbyte shite and could indicate that the club isn't being totally honest with its fanbase.
Not that I would believe that for one moment of course....

Well, if James goes it will show them for what they are, scheming fcking liars.
Give him a new contract yanks FFS. Get it done.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If Dan James gets sold ... on 07:04 - Jan 25 with 5843 viewsbuilthjack

If Dan James gets sold ... on 01:45 - Jan 25 by Loyal

Well, if James goes it will show them for what they are, scheming fcking liars.
Give him a new contract yanks FFS. Get it done.

This

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Dan James gets sold ... on 07:20 - Jan 25 with 5812 viewsTailGunner

If Dan James gets sold ... on 07:04 - Jan 25 by builthjack

This

Some great points on the thread.

But if you feel that strongly about the club you claim to love, would you seriously walk away from it in protest of the sale a promising (no more than that) youngster??

Surely better to fight and protest from the inside than meekly walking away??

These owners are not here long haul.
If Dan James gets sold ... on 08:17 - Jan 25 with 5728 viewsJinxy

One other factor though is what the player himself wants. If his head has been turned then most often it is a lose/lose situation if the player is not allowed to leave. If he were to leave to the likes of Leeds though, that would be worrying as DJ would obviously see them as a better prospect than us.

If however he went to a PL club then, well, although I think the move would be premature for him, you couldn't really blame him and that in itself would not fully reflect the share holder's desires and intentions, in my view. Hopefully he'll WANT to stay (and I think he should purely for his development alone).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024