Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd 20:06 - Mar 6 with 5358 viewsBanosswan

Game on!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Man Utd on 13:29 - Mar 7 with 1175 viewsjack247

Man Utd on 12:11 - Mar 7 by union_jack

I’ve just seen the penalty incident.

Did it prevent the ball moving towards the goal? Yes

Was it on target? Don’t know

Was it hand to ball or ball to hand? The latter. If this is still a consideration with hand ball decisions then it’s not a pen. All imo of course.

It wasn’t clear cut, you could easily make arguments either way. To be fair, the ref needed several replays.

It’s not easy to jump and turn without your arms coming out slightly
Man Utd on 14:15 - Mar 7 with 1155 viewsPhil_S

Man Utd on 12:52 - Mar 7 by jack247

It’s not really. It’s not the club itself, it’s what they represent. Same goes for Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

I’d always want any of those teams to beat Cardiff of course, but I’ve got far more respect for a Cardiff fan from Cardiff than the likes of Dwight.

What do they represent?
Man Utd on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 1087 viewsFireboy2

Man Utd on 12:52 - Mar 7 by jack247

It’s not really. It’s not the club itself, it’s what they represent. Same goes for Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

I’d always want any of those teams to beat Cardiff of course, but I’ve got far more respect for a Cardiff fan from Cardiff than the likes of Dwight.

This

I hate all the big clubs as well

Have utmost respect for people supporting their home town teams rather than jumping on the bandwagon
Man Utd on 16:06 - Mar 7 with 1078 viewsploppy

Man Utd on 13:29 - Mar 7 by jack247

It wasn’t clear cut, you could easily make arguments either way. To be fair, the ref needed several replays.

It’s not easy to jump and turn without your arms coming out slightly

The amount of time the ref took to review it shows that it wasn't clear. Give the ref a limited time - I don't know, 20/30 seconds - and if he can't make a decision in that time then the on-field decision stays.
Man Utd on 19:54 - Mar 7 with 993 viewsOldjack

Man Utd on 22:33 - Mar 6 by jackharris

That’s the bit I’m finding amusing, especially from the thick pundits like Rio, turning your back doesn’t mean you can get away with handling the ball. Definite penalty. The ball was handled in the air in the box by a stupid defender who turned his back.

Not a deliberate handball ,he didn't have a clue where the ball was going , it could have just as easy hit his head ,no pen

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Man Utd on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 988 viewsmonmouth

Man Utd on 22:33 - Mar 6 by jackharris

That’s the bit I’m finding amusing, especially from the thick pundits like Rio, turning your back doesn’t mean you can get away with handling the ball. Definite penalty. The ball was handled in the air in the box by a stupid defender who turned his back.

Pundits don’t know the laws though. In the Real Ajax game they were adamant that the ball was out of play because they could ‘see grass’. The whole of the ball needs to cross the line and it is a sphere.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Man Utd on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 984 viewsexiledclaseboy

Good to see VAR removing subjectivity from the game though eh.

Poll: Tory leader

Man Utd on 20:17 - Mar 7 with 976 viewsOldjack

Man Utd on 20:11 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

Init .. crazy ref decision ,

Another refs view .. According to law 12, handball, the position of the hand of the arm doesn’t necessarily mean an offence has been committed — there has to be a deliberate movement of the hand or arm towards the ball.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd on 21:39 - Mar 7 with 942 viewsjack247

Man Utd on 14:15 - Mar 7 by Phil_S

What do they represent?

OK, badly worded. I should have said it’s the massive plastic fanbase they have that rile people and cause them to want the team to lose rather than the team itself.

But, you’re not stupid. You knew exactly what I meant, no need for the pedantry.
Man Utd on 21:43 - Mar 7 with 936 viewsjack247

Man Utd on 20:11 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

I’m not sure anybody ever claimed it would. Some decisions are definitive (offsides, where a foul took place etc), some are subjective, like last nights. It’s not tennis.
Man Utd on 23:04 - Mar 7 with 895 viewsraynor94

Man Utd on 21:39 - Mar 7 by jack247

OK, badly worded. I should have said it’s the massive plastic fanbase they have that rile people and cause them to want the team to lose rather than the team itself.

But, you’re not stupid. You knew exactly what I meant, no need for the pedantry.

So if someone who follows United home and away, but lives in London, is a plastic fan?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Man Utd on 23:50 - Mar 7 with 876 viewsbuilthjack

There's a few Manure fans on here by the sound of it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Man Utd on 23:50 - Mar 7 with 876 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Man Utd on 23:04 - Mar 7 by raynor94

So if someone who follows United home and away, but lives in London, is a plastic fan?

I imagine such an opinion would offend the huge number of Swansea supporters who do not live in Swansea but attend games.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Man Utd on 01:02 - Mar 8 with 857 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not at all.

An adult who isn’t a Manc and lives in Swansea or London, wears a Man U shirt, refers to them as “us” and has never seen them play in the flesh and never will is a glory hunting plastic.

Having said that, it’s their pathetic life to do with as they wish.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Man Utd on 04:20 - Mar 8 with 822 viewsjack247

I said they had a massive plastic fanbase. I didn’t say they don’t have any genuine, hardcore fans.

Do you disagree?
Man Utd on 09:40 - Mar 8 with 765 viewsPhil_S

Man Utd on 21:39 - Mar 7 by jack247

There was no pedantry in the question just a genuine interest to see what you were referring to.

I have no affiliation to Man Utd, doesn't make any difference to me if they win or lose or even if they play but the 'plastic' fanbase (of which they have not got a sole monopoly) is part of football sadly - the big Premier League clubs have it as to the big two in Scotland from what I read on here. Add to that the big teams in Spain and Italy and beyond and its part of the game

Ironically Man Utd on Tuesday beat a side who aspire to be more like them than they would ever admit

Personally I would like to see nothing more than the top 6 to break away into a European super league and leave the rest of us to compete with each other - got fed up watching us try for damage limitation in recent years which is not how football should be
Man Utd on 10:10 - Mar 8 with 748 viewsDarran

Man Utd on 09:40 - Mar 8 by Phil_S

There was no pedantry in the question just a genuine interest to see what you were referring to.

I have no affiliation to Man Utd, doesn't make any difference to me if they win or lose or even if they play but the 'plastic' fanbase (of which they have not got a sole monopoly) is part of football sadly - the big Premier League clubs have it as to the big two in Scotland from what I read on here. Add to that the big teams in Spain and Italy and beyond and its part of the game

Ironically Man Utd on Tuesday beat a side who aspire to be more like them than they would ever admit

Personally I would like to see nothing more than the top 6 to break away into a European super league and leave the rest of us to compete with each other - got fed up watching us try for damage limitation in recent years which is not how football should be

Don’t argue with him ffs you’ll be here all day,even Nut Boy struggles with this one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man Utd on 10:23 - Mar 8 with 734 viewsjack247

Man Utd on 10:10 - Mar 8 by Darran

Don’t argue with him ffs you’ll be here all day,even Nut Boy struggles with this one.

He wasn’t arguing, he gave a fair response.

I thought you weren’t going to post as much on here after someone complained about you?
Man Utd on 12:24 - Mar 8 with 693 viewsOldjack

Man Utd on 10:23 - Mar 8 by jack247

He wasn’t arguing, he gave a fair response.

I thought you weren’t going to post as much on here after someone complained about you?

Prosser loves Man u by the way ,typical thick man u plastic he is ,fact

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024