Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 23:01 - Apr 6 with 4642 viewsbuilthjack

Heard a story today that Potter asked him to rest instead of going on International duty, after missing games through illness.
He hasn't had much game time since, so could well be true.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 23:03 - Apr 6 with 4617 viewsFireboy2

Dont blame him wanting to play for his country

Only if he was 100% though
McBurnie on 23:06 - Apr 6 with 4590 viewsjasper_T

Or maybe Potter has noticed that we play better football without Oli in the side.

Never gets credit for his good decisions does Graham. Always some sinister plot going on behind the scenes.
McBurnie on 23:09 - Apr 6 with 4577 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 23:03 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

Dont blame him wanting to play for his country

Only if he was 100% though

Agree Ed. Should always play if fit.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 23:16 - Apr 6 with 4536 viewsBadlands

It is obvious we can play with three forwards all interchanging and pulling defences all over the place. But does McBurnie fit into that pattern?
Maybe he just needs time to charge the batteries and Potter sees we can win games with Dyer, Rutledge and James.
Noticeable today how often Dyer and Rutledge made runs that created space or took their midfield's attention away from Celina, Grimes and James.
Won't happen every game but when it does it is a thing of beauty.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie on 23:24 - Apr 6 with 4495 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 23:16 - Apr 6 by Badlands

It is obvious we can play with three forwards all interchanging and pulling defences all over the place. But does McBurnie fit into that pattern?
Maybe he just needs time to charge the batteries and Potter sees we can win games with Dyer, Rutledge and James.
Noticeable today how often Dyer and Rutledge made runs that created space or took their midfield's attention away from Celina, Grimes and James.

McBurnie struggles to lead a line and wants to play in spaces Celina takes up (and Dyer sometimes coming in from the right). He's the square peg of the bunch, unfortunately. Potter has had issues all season trying to accommodate him in a way that gets the best out of everyone, and finally looks to have (maybe) given up.

No more DJ and Bersant starting on opposite flanks, hopefully. Keep them close together. But I'm sure Oli will get games given the tight schedule we have remaining.
McBurnie on 23:36 - Apr 6 with 4446 viewsBadlands

McBurnie on 23:24 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

McBurnie struggles to lead a line and wants to play in spaces Celina takes up (and Dyer sometimes coming in from the right). He's the square peg of the bunch, unfortunately. Potter has had issues all season trying to accommodate him in a way that gets the best out of everyone, and finally looks to have (maybe) given up.

No more DJ and Bersant starting on opposite flanks, hopefully. Keep them close together. But I'm sure Oli will get games given the tight schedule we have remaining.

Agreed.
It would be different if he was a presence in the air as Llorente was but he isn't.
I think I referred to him disparagingly as an excitable puppy, always trying to be in everyone else position all of he time.
16 goals, possibly 20 by the end of the season, is outstanding but are they scored at the cost of more goals from elsewhere?
6 goals in the last two games from 5 different players!

McBurnie on 00:09 - Apr 7 with 4357 viewsPozuelosSideys

Socks likes to come deep and get involved in the game rather than do what Jason Scotland used to do and just lead the line without doing much running around. Hes definitely not a 10 so really needs to learn more discipline on the front man aspect of his game. Theres a great player there if he can learn it tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

McBurnie on 01:08 - Apr 7 with 4258 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 23:24 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

Spot on fella 👏

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 07:54 - Apr 7 with 3960 viewsMagic_Michu

Maybe McBurnie needs to get out of The Valley in Bishopston... the silly boy thinks late night alcohol is a good source of rehydration 😂

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

McBurnie on 14:03 - Apr 7 with 3311 viewsGroo

McBurnie on 01:08 - Apr 7 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on fella 👏

Sounds another Andre Ayew, who although scored quite a few never fitted with the team, main reason I couldn't believe we were re-signing him.

Groo does what Groo does best

McBurnie on 19:18 - Apr 7 with 2863 viewsoldcob

McBurnie on 07:54 - Apr 7 by Magic_Michu

Maybe McBurnie needs to get out of The Valley in Bishopston... the silly boy thinks late night alcohol is a good source of rehydration 😂

I'll drink to that.
McBurnie on 21:54 - Apr 7 with 2569 viewsSwanjaxs

Perhaps a start would be to stay off Twitter talking boloxs 24/7 and get his head down 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

McBurnie on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 1780 viewskarnataka

McBurnie on 23:16 - Apr 6 by Badlands

I've been highly critical of our poor movement off the ball for the last few seasons including this one and have always seen it as the root cause of our slow ponderous attacking play but against Boro, it was our fantastic movement of the front 3 that completely flummoxed their defenders and they just couldn't cope with it. After 5 minutes, I said to my bro that one of James, Dyer or Routledge was going to be flattened in the box before long and so it proved.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 7:05]
McBurnie on 16:17 - Apr 9 with 1523 viewsMoscowJack

McBurnie on 11:12 - Apr 9 by karnataka

I've been highly critical of our poor movement off the ball for the last few seasons including this one and have always seen it as the root cause of our slow ponderous attacking play but against Boro, it was our fantastic movement of the front 3 that completely flummoxed their defenders and they just couldn't cope with it. After 5 minutes, I said to my bro that one of James, Dyer or Routledge was going to be flattened in the box before long and so it proved.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 7:05]

Agree totally. It was slightly similar to the Routs, Dyer and P. Hernandez style under Laudrup.

Although Ollie's practically our only out-and-out striker, I do wonder if we're better without him.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

McBurnie on 17:18 - Apr 9 with 1387 viewsBadlands

McBurnie on 16:17 - Apr 9 by MoscowJack

Agree totally. It was slightly similar to the Routs, Dyer and P. Hernandez style under Laudrup.

Although Ollie's practically our only out-and-out striker, I do wonder if we're better without him.

I'd like to see Astro given some more game time, if he could build a little form coming on towards the end of a game maybe with McBurnie could have a big impact.

McBurnie on 17:21 - Apr 9 with 1383 viewsairedale

McBurnie on 17:18 - Apr 9 by Badlands

I'd like to see Astro given some more game time, if he could build a little form coming on towards the end of a game maybe with McBurnie could have a big impact.

I bet Astro is a heavenly player on form.
McBurnie on 17:27 - Apr 9 with 1369 viewsmonmouth

McBurnie on 17:21 - Apr 9 by airedale

I bet Astro is a heavenly player on form.

Aye, if he's not rolling on the turf.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024