Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. 17:13 - Apr 27 with 1827 viewsmagicdaps10

Where I thought we would end up to where we are today, for me, it has been a successful season.
Ok, there have been issues but lets be fair, look how young the squad is. For the first time in a long while on the pitch I can see positives.....wether the board can add some positives is the worry now.

Da iawn Graham, staff and players.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:18 - Apr 27 with 463 viewsDJack

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:12 - Apr 27 by oldcob

We haven't lost 27 of our games. Just saying.

Beat me to it and I posted on another thread... I'm too slow.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:21 - Apr 27 with 452 viewsGaryjack

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 18:06 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Tend to think a lot of people are judging our performance against their own pessimistic expectations. Just because plenty of people thought that we'd struggle it doesn't make our final position any more impressive. This is a piss poor division and we've got some thoroughly decent players.

We've thrown away a good 10-15 points from winning positions this season, and we can only wonder how we'd have done had Routledge and Dyer been used more frequently earlier in the season to add experience and depth to the side. Ultimately it's been a satisfactory performance but I wouldn't blame anyone for being a little disappointed.

Plenty to learn for both Potter and the players. Hopefully set us in good stead for next season if we can shed the players we want to shed quickly.

We aren't going to 'shed them quickly' though Jobs. All of those high earners will still be on our payroll until season starts, and maybe up to transfer day closure. Even then we'll still continue to pay a good % of their wages if they go out on loan again. We'll also pay Bony about £1m when he returns from Qatar up until the end of his contract. It's not looking good at all mate.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 434 viewsMrSwerve

Massive overhaul of players, plenty of inexperienced (at this level) players brought into the match day squad, a new promising manager. It’s all got to gel.

I said we’d finish about tenth this season. The main objective now is to consolidate on this season and build on our squad. Playoffs will definitely be within reach next year. Look at Norwich.

We really can’t decimate our playing squad further during the summer.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 434 viewsDr_Winston

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 18:33 - Apr 27 by LeonWasGod

Who are you including in those decent players though? The likes of Dan, who hadn’t kicked a ball at this level before the season started and took half a season to find his feet? I don’t judge us on how we’re doing now, I look back at that completely new and very inexperienced team at the start of the season, and think they’ve actually come a long way since then. Next year is the test. Norwich were crap last year, but it all started to come together a third of the way this season. Can we similarly push on (I’m doubtful, but we’ll see).

VdH, Naughton, Roberts, McBurnie, Celina, Fer, Routledge & Dyer for starters. Chuck in the vastly improved Grimes, and the injection of youth in Rodon, James, Byers and a couple of others and this isn't a squad that had any business being tipped for the drop, no matter how many of our own "supporters" seemed to think so.

Yes, it's not a perfect one (the lack of depth upfront for example) which is probably why we've fallen a bit short, but we were always going to be looking up the table rather than down it. Two or three decent additions earlier in the season would probably have seen us in the playoffs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 432 viewsmagicdaps10

I am amazed that people think we have underacheived this season.
Look at the players we have lost since the seasons start, both in leaving the club and been injured for long spells.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 432 viewsjasper_T

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:21 - Apr 27 by Garyjack

We aren't going to 'shed them quickly' though Jobs. All of those high earners will still be on our payroll until season starts, and maybe up to transfer day closure. Even then we'll still continue to pay a good % of their wages if they go out on loan again. We'll also pay Bony about £1m when he returns from Qatar up until the end of his contract. It's not looking good at all mate.

Is their season over already?
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 404 viewsGaryjack

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:26 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

Is their season over already?

Ended April 13th. It's hot out there! We may be paying him again already?
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:48 - Apr 27 with 390 viewsNotLoyal

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:26 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

I am amazed that people think we have underacheived this season.
Look at the players we have lost since the seasons start, both in leaving the club and been injured for long spells.

Wasting your time, it's been a fantastic first season for so many players Inc Potter etc. Next season I'm confident will be even more exciting and see our style of play challenging the top six.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:52 - Apr 27 with 380 viewsswan65split

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:48 - Apr 27 by NotLoyal

Wasting your time, it's been a fantastic first season for so many players Inc Potter etc. Next season I'm confident will be even more exciting and see our style of play challenging the top six.

Also a slight indication from our Postman that Oli is staying next year.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:57 - Apr 27 with 365 viewsjasper_T

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:45 - Apr 27 by Garyjack

Ended April 13th. It's hot out there! We may be paying him again already?

Hard to tell how these things work, sometimes. Often loan players are on the payroll of their temporary club until the start of the next football calendar year in July. But a late January loan to a foreign market "until the end of the season" could mean anything between now and 2 months from now.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:14 - Apr 27 with 338 viewsmajorraglan

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:48 - Apr 27 by NotLoyal

Credit where credits due, at the start of September immediately after the transfer window shut I thought it was going to be a very long hard season and that the team would finish just above the relegation spots, but Potter and the players have proved me and a lot of others wrong.

There’s work to be done on various aspects of the team including defending of set pieces etc, but it’s a good effort and a nice brand of football. It’s a pity that the “Board” weren’t able to back Potter because with a couple of extra pieces for the jig saw it could have easily been the play offs.
Let’s hope the club can now get rid of the high earners and bring in the players Potter needs to get to the next level.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:19 - Apr 27 with 329 viewsGaryjack

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 19:57 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

Hard to tell how these things work, sometimes. Often loan players are on the payroll of their temporary club until the start of the next football calendar year in July. But a late January loan to a foreign market "until the end of the season" could mean anything between now and 2 months from now.

Indeed. But i can't see them paying his wage for nearly three months after their season ends after a 3 month loan deal? It's a weird one!
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:27 - Apr 27 with 305 viewsjasper_T

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:14 - Apr 27 by majorraglan

Credit where credits due, at the start of September immediately after the transfer window shut I thought it was going to be a very long hard season and that the team would finish just above the relegation spots, but Potter and the players have proved me and a lot of others wrong.

There’s work to be done on various aspects of the team including defending of set pieces etc, but it’s a good effort and a nice brand of football. It’s a pity that the “Board” weren’t able to back Potter because with a couple of extra pieces for the jig saw it could have easily been the play offs.
Let’s hope the club can now get rid of the high earners and bring in the players Potter needs to get to the next level.

£7m on Woods make the difference in your opinion? Or need a few more pieces as well?

Might have had to get promoted then to avoid pulling a Bolton.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:33 - Apr 27 with 296 viewsmajorraglan

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:27 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

£7m on Woods make the difference in your opinion? Or need a few more pieces as well?

Might have had to get promoted then to avoid pulling a Bolton.

Maybe, maybe not, but I don’t/didn’t advocate spending that kind of money, there are other ways of bring in the players you need, for example landing young hungry players from the bigger clubs. I don’t mean the Sanchez type deals, but young hungry players looking to prove themselves. They are out there, we want the ones who would bust a gut to have an opportunity to play in the Championship.
Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:51 - Apr 27 with 274 viewsjasper_T

Well done Potter, backroom staff and players. on 20:33 - Apr 27 by majorraglan

Maybe, maybe not, but I don’t/didn’t advocate spending that kind of money, there are other ways of bring in the players you need, for example landing young hungry players from the bigger clubs. I don’t mean the Sanchez type deals, but young hungry players looking to prove themselves. They are out there, we want the ones who would bust a gut to have an opportunity to play in the Championship.

We had those players in our extremely successful u23s team.

But yeah Asoro was linked with Spurs so he must be better than the kids we've worked with since they were 16.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024