Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay and transgender relationship 12:15 - May 16 with 17689 viewsvalleyboy

Should this be taught/discussed with children as young as 6 and 7 in our schools

Myself I would have thought there are much more important subjects to be taught

So that children come out with a decent education and be able to get good employment
Gay and transgender relationship on 12:19 - May 16 with 3759 viewsswan65split

I am all for good education, having a couple of teachers in the family, learning between a Football and non football post is a good starter!
Gay and transgender relationship on 12:34 - May 16 with 3733 viewsWarwickHunt

Gay and transgender relationship on 12:19 - May 16 by swan65split

I am all for good education, having a couple of teachers in the family, learning between a Football and non football post is a good starter!

Punctuation would be a good place to start.
Gay and transgender relationship on 12:38 - May 16 with 3723 viewsswan65split

Gay and transgender relationship on 12:34 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

Not enough room on the chalk board in my day, that is why I had my kids educated, in schooling, life, and respect.
edit.....and manners.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 12:41]
Gay and transgender relationship on 12:59 - May 16 with 3672 viewsBadlands

The younger the better.
At 6 & 7 children should be developing relationship skills.
Different opinions but in the Western cultures where 'subjects' (including formal maths, reading an writing) are not taught until 7 standards at 16 are on par or higher.
Children need time to develop - 'teaching' too early will stunt development - educational and emotional.
The highest achieving (educationally) nation in Europe is Finland where children don't take a national exam until they are 15!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gay and transgender relationship on 12:59 - May 16 with 3671 viewssainthelens

I remember the female music teacher in school, she'd ask " stand up the boy with the horn" ....never ended well.
Gay and transgender relationship on 16:05 - May 16 with 3538 viewsNotLoyal

Of course they should, but not in Oxfordshire ! Avoid high buildings.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Gay and transgender relationship on 17:25 - May 16 with 3466 viewsHighjack

It’ll go over the kids heads at that age. You don’t get racist/homophobic kids. A white kid will happily play with a black kid and not care.

It’s the adults you need to educate.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gay and transgender relationship on 19:51 - May 16 with 3359 viewsPegojack

Haydn, educational subjects are not mutually exclusive. Children can learn about the spectrum of human relationships AND maths, reading, writing. It's all good for them. The human brain has infinite capacity.

Of course, if we're talking about the prejudices of so called adults, that's a different matter.
Login to get fewer ads

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:02 - May 16 with 3340 viewsoldtownjack

So let's say in a 25 hour school week PSHE would constitute 1 or maybe 2 hours. Are you saying that there are more important subjects than PSHE or are you saying that gay and transgender relationships shouldn't be part of the PSHE curriculum?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:04]

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:06 - May 16 with 3331 viewsUxbridge

Just wait til Haydn finds out 6 year olds waste time doing things such as colouring in. How unproductive.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:27 - May 16 with 3288 viewsTNT

Gay and transgender relationship on 12:34 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

You haven't yet corrected the OP's daily postings, Sir.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:29 - May 16 with 3283 viewsvalleyboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:02 - May 16 by oldtownjack

So let's say in a 25 hour school week PSHE would constitute 1 or maybe 2 hours. Are you saying that there are more important subjects than PSHE or are you saying that gay and transgender relationships shouldn't be part of the PSHE curriculum?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:04]

It’s generally known in education circles in Wales. That 25% of teachers shouldn’t be anywhere near a classroom and a further 20% only doing enough to keep their jobs

It’s no wonder that Wales is lagging behind the other 3 countries

And yes, transgender and gay relationship should never be part of any school curriculum
Gay and transgender relationship on 20:31 - May 16 with 3275 viewsvalleyboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:06 - May 16 by Uxbridge

Just wait til Haydn finds out 6 year olds waste time doing things such as colouring in. How unproductive.

Don’t tell me that you want your children to land up as failed accountants like you, do you???
Gay and transgender relationship on 20:35 - May 16 with 3257 viewsmarchamjack

Tommy Robinson wouldn’t have them in the EDL

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:49 - May 16 with 3226 viewsPentyrchJack

At that age definitely not, all it does is either go over their heads or confuse them.

I know as I have a child who has recently been taught this.

It's a left wing conspiracy to overemphasise LGB&T at the expense of heterosexual and asexual relationships.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:00 - May 16 with 3200 viewsProfessor

Yes. To prevent the prejudice and lack of understanding we got in the 70s. Education is Wales has issues both in its management and parental attitudes. My education a combination of Neath and Rhondda was so poor in comparison to friends from around the U.K.. I can compare the education my two get (one Wirral and one Cheshire) and is so much better than nieces and nephews are getting in South Wales. People seem happy to accept substandard education and in too many cases don’t seem that bothered. A vicious circle of poorly educated parents accepting poor education. I wish I had not written that, but is sadly the case
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:07 - May 16 with 3184 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay and transgender relationship on 20:49 - May 16 by PentyrchJack

At that age definitely not, all it does is either go over their heads or confuse them.

I know as I have a child who has recently been taught this.

It's a left wing conspiracy to overemphasise LGB&T at the expense of heterosexual and asexual relationships.

All they get taught at that age, is that there are people who love people of the opposite sex (like Mummy and Daddy) and people who love people of the same sex (and have two Mummies or two Daddies). They also get taught that some people don’t feel that they are comfortable being a boy or a girl and feel different to everyone else. They are told that everyone is different in some ways, there’s no right and wrong, no one should be ashamed about being different and people should value everyone based on who they are.

If you as a parent think that is a left wing conspiracy, your child has far, far greater problems in life than finding it a bit confusing when they first encounter it.

School is there to provide kids with information and education about the world around them. Helping them to make their own way the best they possibly can without being frightened, feeling different, feeling that they are less valuable than others or being bullied (or bullying others). That’s all that the lessons are doing.
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:08 - May 16 with 3179 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:07 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

All they get taught at that age, is that there are people who love people of the opposite sex (like Mummy and Daddy) and people who love people of the same sex (and have two Mummies or two Daddies). They also get taught that some people don’t feel that they are comfortable being a boy or a girl and feel different to everyone else. They are told that everyone is different in some ways, there’s no right and wrong, no one should be ashamed about being different and people should value everyone based on who they are.

If you as a parent think that is a left wing conspiracy, your child has far, far greater problems in life than finding it a bit confusing when they first encounter it.

School is there to provide kids with information and education about the world around them. Helping them to make their own way the best they possibly can without being frightened, feeling different, feeling that they are less valuable than others or being bullied (or bullying others). That’s all that the lessons are doing.

Well said. Could not be as eloquent as you,
But echoes my feelings.
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:18 - May 16 with 3150 viewsvalleyboy

Liberalism at its worst

How lucky I was that I was not brought up in this culture
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:23 - May 16 with 3137 viewsPentyrchJack

Lisa - you are deluded as children of that age are only just learning to read and write properly. Children should be allowed to be children. There's time enough later on for all the grandstanding utopian liberalism.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:29 - May 16 with 3124 viewsvalleyboy

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:23 - May 16 by PentyrchJack

Lisa - you are deluded as children of that age are only just learning to read and write properly. Children should be allowed to be children. There's time enough later on for all the grandstanding utopian liberalism.

Of course they are deluded

Makes you wonder if there’s an hidden agenda

I totally agree with you that it’s more important that children learn to read and write properly as well as learning their tables
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:31 - May 16 with 3119 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:23 - May 16 by PentyrchJack

They are being allowed to be children.

They are just learning that all children are different. And people are different.

Most kids are brought up with the concept of men and women being together from day one. Mummy and Daddy, princes and princesses, fairy tales, films, even Peppa Pig. All this is doing is saying that there are others who are different and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Kids don’t think that’s any more weird than anything else.
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:32 - May 16 with 3118 viewsGaryjack

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:18 - May 16 by valleyboy

Liberalism at its worst

How lucky I was that I was not brought up in this culture

Oh man! I so agree with you!

Don't fvck with all our kids heads because some are different. Leave that to the childs parents and psychologists to help them to find their way in life.
Gay and transgender relationship on 21:33 - May 16 with 3107 viewsDarran

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:29 - May 16 by valleyboy

Of course they are deluded

Makes you wonder if there’s an hidden agenda

I totally agree with you that it’s more important that children learn to read and write properly as well as learning their tables

It’s a fuçking pity you didn’t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:38 - May 16 with 3086 viewsProfessor

Gay and transgender relationship on 21:31 - May 16 by londonlisa2001

They are being allowed to be children.

They are just learning that all children are different. And people are different.

Most kids are brought up with the concept of men and women being together from day one. Mummy and Daddy, princes and princesses, fairy tales, films, even Peppa Pig. All this is doing is saying that there are others who are different and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Kids don’t think that’s any more weird than anything else.

I fully agree. Some comments made suggest such an education may have been beneficial.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024