Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES 22:03 - Jul 18 with 2101 viewsDarran

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/structured-dialogue-minutes

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 22:13 - Jul 18 with 2063 viewsPegojack

Missed the elephant in the room, didn't they?
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 06:48 - Jul 19 with 1894 viewsThrasher6

Switched off as soon as I read the "quiet hour"....Jesus....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 07:48 - Jul 19 with 1818 viewslonglostjack

Structured Dialogue? Sounds like one of those Putin led citizens forums they have in Russia.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 08:00 - Jul 19 with 1806 viewsbluey_the_blue

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 06:48 - Jul 19 by Thrasher6

Keep selling your players and it'll be a quiet 90 minutes.

Not sure why you "switched off" as you put it, you've no clue how overwhelming things can be for those on the autistic spectrum.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 09:10 - Jul 19 with 1744 viewsKGriz16

Amazing, the club is as open and co-operative as it has been for a lot of seasons now and people just don't want to know anything. They'd rather make negative comments, and carry on with the rhetoric of us versus them. Astonishing. Especially, the poster who commented on the 'quiet hour' for disabled fans. Incredibly dark this forum is.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 09:43 - Jul 19 with 1688 viewsLeonWasGod

I think it's a great idea. Shows consideration.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 09:49 - Jul 19 with 1668 viewsHighjack

Although the quiet hour thing is a nice idea in my experience the Swansea city club shop is rarely a raucous cacophony of noise and activity in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 10:05 - Jul 19 with 1633 viewsPegojack

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 09:10 - Jul 19 by KGriz16

Amazing, the club is as open and co-operative as it has been for a lot of seasons now and people just don't want to know anything. They'd rather make negative comments, and carry on with the rhetoric of us versus them. Astonishing. Especially, the poster who commented on the 'quiet hour' for disabled fans. Incredibly dark this forum is.

Just a wild guess, but it may be due to the fact that the previous majority owners sold the ownership of the club to the new owners in a massive act of betrayal behind the backs of the Supporters Trust who are 21% shareholders, and they are now going to answer for their actions in court (we hope).
Login to get fewer ads

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 1620 viewsdobjack2

This is a government initiative around fan involvement so it is strange to see information released by the club, without the Trust appearing to be involved. As unlike most clubs, the fans through the Trust have a 21% shareholding in the club.

Perhaps I am cynical but it raises a lot of questions:

Who was invited, how were they invited and did the questions have to be submitted in advance? Is that everything that was said or just a précis for the masses? Were the Trust involved? If so why not a joint release? If not why not?

Do the Trust have similar meetings? If so why is this sort of information not released jointly by the club and Trust. If not why do they not have these type of discussions and jointly release information? That would show real transparency and co-operation.

Although you believe this to be open and co-operative I smell smoke and mirrors and see it as one of two things:

Either a means of undermining the Trust - making them irrelevant- and presenting a view to the outside world that the club is involving supporters or

how fan involvement will look in a world where the fans did not hold any shares in the club. A world where good little boys and girls get to sit with the big-wigs and get told snippets of information.

Seen this sort of PR shite for the masses before.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:11]
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 1468 viewsKGriz16

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 10:09 - Jul 19 by dobjack2

This is a government initiative around fan involvement so it is strange to see information released by the club, without the Trust appearing to be involved. As unlike most clubs, the fans through the Trust have a 21% shareholding in the club.

Who was invited, how were they invited and did the questions have to be submitted in advance? Is that everything that was said or just a précis for the masses? Were the Trust involved? If so why not a joint release? If not why not?

Do the Trust have similar meetings? If so why is this sort of information not released jointly by the club and Trust. If not why do they not have these type of discussions and jointly release information? That would show real transparency and co-operation.

Although you believe this to be open and co-operative I smell smoke and mirrors and see it as one of two things:

Either a means of undermining the Trust - making them irrelevant- and presenting a view to the outside world that the club is involving supporters or

how fan involvement will look in a world where the fans did not hold any shares in the club. A world where good little boys and girls get to sit with the big-wigs and get told snippets of information.

Did you attend the open fans forum?
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:20 - Jul 19 with 1414 viewsdobjack2

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 14:40 - Jul 19 by KGriz16

Did you attend the open fans forum?

Couldn’t make it.

This seems different from the set up
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:33 - Jul 19 with 1395 viewsPhil_S

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 10:09 - Jul 19 by dobjack2

I don't know how the invitees were selected but I know that Dave Dalton was there and Cath Dyer who are both Trust board members. They were there in other capacities (Dave, as Ceridigion Jacks representative) and Cath from a DSA perspective. I think Stu may have been there as well

I went to the very first one of these. It is worth noting that these evolved from a fans consultation that the Trust were part of and insisted that it should become common practice across all football clubs. Representing the Trust at the fans consultations initially was me but because of location (London) it ended up being Dai Little - Expert Working Group I think they were called and included Trust reps, Supporters Direct reps, FSF and representatives from both the Premier and Football league.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:38 - Jul 19 with 1382 viewsvetchonian

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:33 - Jul 19 by Phil_S

I don't know how the invitees were selected but I know that Dave Dalton was there and Cath Dyer who are both Trust board members. They were there in other capacities (Dave, as Ceridigion Jacks representative) and Cath from a DSA perspective. I think Stu may have been there as well

I went to the very first one of these. It is worth noting that these evolved from a fans consultation that the Trust were part of and insisted that it should become common practice across all football clubs. Representing the Trust at the fans consultations initially was me but because of location (London) it ended up being Dai Little - Expert Working Group I think they were called and included Trust reps, Supporters Direct reps, FSF and representatives from both the Premier and Football league.

Does this then mean these "forums" are not part of the majority shareholders schemes to undermine the Trust?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:48 - Jul 19 with 1349 viewsKGriz16

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 10:05 - Jul 19 by Pegojack

Just a wild guess, but it may be due to the fact that the previous majority owners sold the ownership of the club to the new owners in a massive act of betrayal behind the backs of the Supporters Trust who are 21% shareholders, and they are now going to answer for their actions in court (we hope).

Amazing. We're talking the current ownership if you've not noticed. Stop living in the past, stop beating the club with the same stick over and over.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:51 - Jul 19 with 1342 viewsKGriz16

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:20 - Jul 19 by dobjack2

Couldn’t make it.

This seems different from the set up

You had a chance to ask all of your tin foil hat questions there then and you chose not to, and I'd go as far as saying had no thought to attend the open fans forum. I bet you haven't even read the article and questions asked, just wanted to add your deluded opinion.

Club are answering questions from fans, and everyone seems to think there's some sort of alternative motive for this. For crying out loud mun.

Do you also think they had picked the questions?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 15:52]
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 16:04 - Jul 19 with 1324 viewsdobjack2

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:33 - Jul 19 by Phil_S

Thanks for the response.

Helpful to have a fuller understanding of who was there.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 16:21 - Jul 19 with 1280 viewsdobjack2

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:51 - Jul 19 by KGriz16

You had a chance to ask all of your tin foil hat questions there then and you chose not to, and I'd go as far as saying had no thought to attend the open fans forum. I bet you haven't even read the article and questions asked, just wanted to add your deluded opinion.

Club are answering questions from fans, and everyone seems to think there's some sort of alternative motive for this. For crying out loud mun.

Do you also think they had picked the questions?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 15:52]

You can go as far as you like, may I suggest Antarctica as a starting point. You don’t know me or my circumstances and I certainly don’t want to know someone like you.

I don’t know where you have been for the last few years if you haven’t realised that the owners and their appointees have got a long long way to go before they get people to believe them let alone trust them. There is also the little matter of prospective court action.

A little communication is a step in the right direction compared to the previous chairman, however that doesn’t mean I trust the owners or the chairman for that matter.

Have a nice day.
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 19:22 - Jul 19 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can be vital to those with autism spectrum disorders. Don’t knock it.

Poll: Tory leader

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 20:44 - Jul 19 with 1072 viewsPhil_S

STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 15:38 - Jul 19 by vetchonian

Does this then mean these "forums" are not part of the majority shareholders schemes to undermine the Trust?

No they were devised I believe before the sale
STRUCTURED DIALOGUE MINUTES on 00:27 - Jul 20 with 968 viewsNotLoyal

Well, I agree with you entirely, but nobody is perfect.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024