Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 22:22 - Jul 18 with 11722 viewsNotLoyal

These fücking idiots aren't going to pay for any player regardless of what they say. A free here and their and a loan at best, fück me anyone could run a business like that with no investment. No better than silver twãtting shield or Petty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's be honest on 22:25 - Jul 18 with 5248 viewsCooperman

Haven’t they already said that it’s a case of mostly free transfers and loans?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Let's be honest on 22:30 - Jul 18 with 5217 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 22:25 - Jul 18 by Cooperman

Haven’t they already said that it’s a case of mostly free transfers and loans?

They have muttered it, but TBH it just shows how much they lied when all this started. I'm still waiting for the next 30 million debt to be announced.

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 22:36 - Jul 18 with 5176 views34dfgdf54

Completely agree with OP.
Let's be honest on 23:29 - Jul 18 with 5084 viewsdobjack2

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get a local consortium together to buy them out. That way we would never be in that position again...
Let's be honest on 23:41 - Jul 18 with 5048 viewsbonymine

Let's be honest on 23:29 - Jul 18 by dobjack2

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get a local consortium together to buy them out. That way we would never be in that position again...

I think I get what you mean now something like ‘By the Fans for the Fans’ ....I.e. TRUE Swans fans who 100% love this Club and would never sell out to something like an American Hedge Fund or anybody who didn’t have Our Club’s interests at heart eh ........ 🤮🤮🤮

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Let's be honest on 23:53 - Jul 18 with 5024 viewsKilkennyjack

Brilliant idea, what could possibly go wrong ? 🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Let's be honest on 07:12 - Jul 19 with 4819 viewsSwans9

Mc burnie will be the next to go sad times for our club. Hope we get new owners before there is nothing left to sell.
Let's be honest on 07:35 - Jul 19 with 4754 viewstrinityann

Let's be honest on 07:12 - Jul 19 by Swans9

Mc burnie will be the next to go sad times for our club. Hope we get new owners before there is nothing left to sell.

Would you rather gamble and spend with large debts or rebalance the books not spend but be debt free. I would rather the later.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's be honest on 07:47 - Jul 19 with 4719 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's be honest on 07:35 - Jul 19 by trinityann

Would you rather gamble and spend with large debts or rebalance the books not spend but be debt free. I would rather the later.

Not difficult to understand is it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Let's be honest on 09:55 - Jul 19 with 4609 viewsChief

What debts?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Let's be honest on 10:15 - Jul 19 with 4539 viewsLeonWasGod

It's a good question. Football finances are screwed. It seems you have to overspend and rely on owner financing to survive in this league, let alone challenge.

Balancing the books sounds sensible, but I'm not sure clubs are able to compete in this league any more without owner financing or making significant profits on players sales each season (which tends to weaken the team).

Where that leaves us, feck knows. Maybe we can break the mould and challenge without significant investment in the team. Hence the focus on our last 2 managers who are known for developing players. It may work, but it's a long shot.
Let's be honest on 10:25 - Jul 19 with 4518 viewsSwanseaman

according to birch, the books are okay at the moment and we don't have to sell

so if there is no desperate need to let mcburnie go, we should keep him this season, and sell when the need arises

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 10:31 - Jul 19 with 4504 viewsSkipTheJack

We almost got it right last time, but we were still owned by fans who ultimately put their own welfare first.

Next time we need to become genuinely supporter-owned like some German clubs. No giant salaries, no bumper contracts awarded to directors' businesses, no huge dividend payments, and a certainty that every tough decision is made with the club's best interests at heart.

Unfortunately, we'll probably need to hit rock bottom again before the next opportunity arises.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:35]
Let's be honest on 10:38 - Jul 19 with 4470 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 10:31 - Jul 19 by SkipTheJack

We almost got it right last time, but we were still owned by fans who ultimately put their own welfare first.

Next time we need to become genuinely supporter-owned like some German clubs. No giant salaries, no bumper contracts awarded to directors' businesses, no huge dividend payments, and a certainty that every tough decision is made with the club's best interests at heart.

Unfortunately, we'll probably need to hit rock bottom again before the next opportunity arises.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:35]

sounds like the way Jenkins used to say he was running us. saying that he worked for nothing only expenses and a small salary

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 10:47 - Jul 19 with 4448 viewsjack247

Is it not an option to strike a sensible balance between cutting costs and keeping the team competitive?
Let's be honest on 11:00 - Jul 19 with 4402 viewsNotLoyal

My point is they had no money in the first place. Nothing to do with debts etc.
Which no matter which way you explain it these fückers presided over the club as those debts accrued. If there were any.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 11:08]

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 11:07 - Jul 19 with 4373 viewsjasper_T

Let's be honest on 11:00 - Jul 19 by NotLoyal

My point is they had no money in the first place. Nothing to do with debts etc.
Which no matter which way you explain it these fückers presided over the club as those debts accrued. If there were any.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 11:08]

Where's the DC United investment coming from, then?

They've obviously got cash but don't have any interest in chucking it down the English Football League drain.
Let's be honest on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 4366 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 11:07 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

They've obviously got cash but don't have any interest in chucking it down the English Football League drain.

Further proof.

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 12:51 - Jul 19 with 4255 viewsNeath_Jack

DC United is a relatively safe team, they're not going to suffer massive revenue losses from relegation, as do any small premier league teams (as we once were). I have no idea whether they make a profit year on year mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Let's be honest on 17:12 - Jul 19 with 4072 viewsDr_Winston

This is the situation as I see it.

We were relegated with massive financial obligations that we had nothing like enough income to cover, hence us desperately trying to sell/loan out anything that still earned a Premier League wage. We managed to get shot of some, but not as many as we would have liked. However, some space was found to add players like Celina to the mix.

One year on we still have four or five players on the books that earn far too much, hence the struggle to try and move them on again in order to avoid a loss. The sale of Dan James and departure of players like Fer and Olson have again given us enough income so that we aren't desperate to sell, but the reduced parachute payments this year have put a bit of a pause on spending until we can move on the likes of the Ayews, Baston etc.

If we can reduce our future financial commitments to to manageable proportions this window then I wouldn't be surprised to see us pay a few fees. If we're still facing the prospect of another year paying some or all of the salaries of the Ayews, Baston etc we probably won't. Birch has to work on the assumption that we're going to end up paying these players. It would be foolish not to.

People can grumble about remaining competitive, but my main concern is remaining solvent. Plenty of teams have dropped out of the PL and ended up right in the shit financially. If a couple of fallow years are needed to get everything back on an even keel then I've got no problem with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's be honest on 17:14 - Jul 19 with 4063 viewsbluey_the_blue

DC United are a safer investment due to not facing the prospect of wildly variable income due to no relegation threat.
Let's be honest on 17:31 - Jul 19 with 4015 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's be honest on 17:12 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

We were relegated with massive financial obligations that we had nothing like enough income to cover, hence us desperately trying to sell/loan out anything that still earned a Premier League wage. We managed to get shot of some, but not as many as we would have liked. However, some space was found to add players like Celina to the mix.

One year on we still have four or five players on the books that earn far too much, hence the struggle to try and move them on again in order to avoid a loss. The sale of Dan James and departure of players like Fer and Olson have again given us enough income so that we aren't desperate to sell, but the reduced parachute payments this year have put a bit of a pause on spending until we can move on the likes of the Ayews, Baston etc.

If we can reduce our future financial commitments to to manageable proportions this window then I wouldn't be surprised to see us pay a few fees. If we're still facing the prospect of another year paying some or all of the salaries of the Ayews, Baston etc we probably won't. Birch has to work on the assumption that we're going to end up paying these players. It would be foolish not to.

People can grumble about remaining competitive, but my main concern is remaining solvent. Plenty of teams have dropped out of the PL and ended up right in the shit financially. If a couple of fallow years are needed to get everything back on an even keel then I've got no problem with it.

Bravo sir.

Let's be honest on 17:48 - Jul 19 with 3949 viewslonglostjack

Let's be honest on 17:12 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

No problem with all that. What I do have a problem with is their obvious lack of communication with the Trust. Why?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Let's be honest on 18:16 - Jul 19 with 3898 viewsjasper_T

Let's be honest on 17:14 - Jul 19 by bluey_the_blue

DC United are a safer investment due to not facing the prospect of wildly variable income due to no relegation threat.

They also own 100% so won't have to share around any profits from further investment.
Let's be honest on 18:49 - Jul 19 with 3822 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's be honest on 18:16 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

They also own 100% so won't have to share around any profits from further investment.

You don’t think the Trust’s forced £21m investment in the club deserves any share of future profits then Jasper?

Yet the majority owners’ investment in the club does deserve a share of profits?

That’s a bit inconsistent isn’t it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024