Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread 09:47 - Jul 20 with 12430 viewsjackharris

Exeter City will play Swansea City at St James Park on Saturday,
in the first pre-season friendly to be held at St James Park
for a couple of seasons.

Swansea City: Erwin Mulder; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; George Byers, Matt Grimes (captain);
Nathan Dyer, Bersant Celina, Barrie McKay; Oli McBurnie.

Subs: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango,
Brandon Cooper, Declan John, Jack Evans, Jay Fulton,
Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Asoro, Borja Baston.

Kick-off for the match is at 3pm and former Exeter City Academy
graduate Matt Grimes is set to come back to his former club,
having had a successful season withChampionship side Swansea
last campaign - picking up four accolades at their end of season awards.

City manager Matt Taylor is pleased to get a pre-season friendly back
at the Park, following the completion of redevelopment work at the
ground, and says it will be a great occasion for the supporters.
“It will be fantastic for our supporters, they've not had a pre-season
game at the Park for a couple of seasons now," he said. "Hopefully
Swansea will bring a strong team and we can make it a competitive game."

Last Time the Two Teams Met
Last time the two sides met in a competitive match was when both teams
were battling for survival at the foot of the Football League in 2003.
The game was late on in the season, on Monday, April 21, and the
Grecians collected all three points at the Vetch Field thanks to a
goal from Sean Devine.

However, it would prove to be a false dawn as, despite winning their
remaining two games of the season - against York City and Southend
United - the Grecians were relegated as Swansea also recorded
back-to-back victories against Rochdale and Hull City to survive
the drop at City's expense.

TICKET NEWS - Ticket prices for the pre-season friendly are
reduced and prices are as follows:
Thatchers Cider Big Bank
Adults: £10
Senior/Student/Under-18: £5
Under-12: £2

IP Office Main Stand
Adults: £12
Senior/Student/Under-18: £6
Under-12: £2
How to buy

Tickets can be purchased in one of three ways. Online, in person at -
by calling into the reception at St James Park between 10am and
3pm Monday to Friday or by calling the ticket line on 01392 411 243
and pressing option 3.

Please note that the Adam Stansfield Stagecoach Stand will be
shut for the friendly, so the only seating option for supporters
will be in the IP Office Main Stand.

PROGRAMME

The award-winning Grecian matchday programme will return
for the pre-season friendly. It will be at a reduced size (16 pages)
and reduced price of £1.50, but there is a new feature, detailing
some of the important events in City's history, a new quiz and a
guide to the opposition. The programme will be available from
kiosks inside the ground, as well as programme sellers and the
club shop and reception from outside the ground.
The Away End Terrace

The New Stand - Away fans can sit on the left hand side.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 14:26]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:01 - Jul 20 with 3434 viewsSwanseaman

I doubt that trialist nathan oduwa could have impressed much, he would have been given some game time if he had.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:10 - Jul 20 with 3315 viewssioni

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:55 - Jul 20 by jack_lord

Borja looked a lot better than the youngsters and it is a shame he didnt have some of the service that the players earlier in the game had so we can have an idea where he is actually at.

Yes. Had little opportunity and support the 15 mins he played but looked more accomplished and funnily enough seemed somewhat less sluggish than I remember. Insufficient opportunity to judge really, though.
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:12 - Jul 20 with 3288 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:01 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

I doubt that trialist nathan oduwa could have impressed much, he would have been given some game time if he had.

England u17,18,21.
Something must have gone wrong for him to be a trialist.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 with 3011 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:10 - Jul 20 by sioni

Yes. Had little opportunity and support the 15 mins he played but looked more accomplished and funnily enough seemed somewhat less sluggish than I remember. Insufficient opportunity to judge really, though.

Playing in an U23 game today.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 18:23 - Jul 20 with 2825 viewsSwanseaman

good interview with exeter player:

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 18:25 - Jul 20 with 2815 viewsSwanseaman

Matt Taylor Exeter managers view:

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 20:50 - Jul 20 with 2490 viewsSwanseaman

very good interview from Cooper, he knows his stuff and seems like the real deal. I think it would be madness if the club don't back him and they end up letting Mcburnie go. If he can improve us further we do have a real chance of promotion this season:

https://www.swanseacity.com/video/player/0_ad0kp141

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 21:31 - Jul 20 with 2378 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 20:50 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

very good interview from Cooper, he knows his stuff and seems like the real deal. I think it would be madness if the club don't back him and they end up letting Mcburnie go. If he can improve us further we do have a real chance of promotion this season:

It appears o vinous that the transition from Potter to Cooper has gone as well as any of us could have hoped. I like him more than Potter, he doesn’t hide behind “the performance” and seems ready to challenge the lads - “you came tenth last season, maybe you should have done better. I expect more from all of you this season” .
He’s right , the players seem to like him and the performances are of a high level this pre-season.
I’m extremely hopeful for this coming season, even with no additions. COYS !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 2264 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 21:31 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

It appears o vinous that the transition from Potter to Cooper has gone as well as any of us could have hoped. I like him more than Potter, he doesn’t hide behind “the performance” and seems ready to challenge the lads - “you came tenth last season, maybe you should have done better. I expect more from all of you this season” .
He’s right , the players seem to like him and the performances are of a high level this pre-season.
I’m extremely hopeful for this coming season, even with no additions. COYS !

I really like the style of football he has got them playing, it's high octane and when they were on it we played Exter off the park. if he can get them to play at this pace for 90 minutes we could do really well.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 08:44 - Jul 21 with 1962 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 22:16 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

I really like the style of football he has got them playing, it's high octane and when they were on it we played Exter off the park. if he can get them to play at this pace for 90 minutes we could do really well.

I suppose when we look back at games like Rotherham away last year - though it was a stellar performance for 70 odd minutes of the game where they couldn’t even get near us - we couldn’t score more than one , eventually withdrew as their pressure grew until we capitulated and gifted them victory. Potter seemed such a wimp after that game, I think he overdid the “protecting his players” bit and said they were “still learning”. Now of course that was true but I’m hoping Cooper (probably Marsh will play the bad cop role) will let them know they’re big boys now and results like that are unacceptable. The boys will mature into battle hardened men this time round I’m sure. Add some streetwise nous too. How to close out games etc.

Let’s not forget we played some great stuff up against the domestic treble winners last season. I’ve got the feeling we’re going to be a much better team this time round.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:25 - Jul 21 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 08:44 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

I suppose when we look back at games like Rotherham away last year - though it was a stellar performance for 70 odd minutes of the game where they couldn’t even get near us - we couldn’t score more than one , eventually withdrew as their pressure grew until we capitulated and gifted them victory. Potter seemed such a wimp after that game, I think he overdid the “protecting his players” bit and said they were “still learning”. Now of course that was true but I’m hoping Cooper (probably Marsh will play the bad cop role) will let them know they’re big boys now and results like that are unacceptable. The boys will mature into battle hardened men this time round I’m sure. Add some streetwise nous too. How to close out games etc.

Let’s not forget we played some great stuff up against the domestic treble winners last season. I’ve got the feeling we’re going to be a much better team this time round.

That loss was Potter's fault more than any of the players, so it's a good thing he didn't lay into them. No subs until the 90th minute when we were already behind, when some players were obviously flagging on the hour. No change in tactics despite Rotherham adapting and building into the game.
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 21 with 1812 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 20:50 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

He comes across as a very nice man and probably very easy for the players to like. It all depends whether he can get a tune out of them, and if he does he’ll probably get the flock outta dodge just the same as every other manager that’s been hero worshipped here. If he’s any good he’ll most likely end up universally hated.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:08 - Jul 21 with 1805 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

He comes across as a very nice man and probably very easy for the players to like. It all depends whether he can get a tune out of them, and if he does he’ll probably get the flock outta dodge just the same as every other manager that’s been hero worshipped here. If he’s any good he’ll most likely end up universally hated.

That’s depressing but true.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:51 - Jul 21 with 1746 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

If he’s any good he’ll probably end up in the premiership one way or another.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 1573 viewstrinityann

I know we have played lower opposition so its still hard to judge, but the pendulum has swung from relegation to promotion from what I have currently seen. If we keep McBurnie and Van Der Hoorn and add high quality loanies we should have good season.
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:42 - Jul 21 with 1546 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:57 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

mcburnie had a quiet day, i was wondering if we do lose him, could Borja Baston step up and have a go - he didn't really do that much today, but wasn't on for very long.

We won't be losing McEnroe on that performance.
Second half he give the ball away six times on the trot
No way he is worth £15mill.

Good run out but we need a harder games,to see where we are
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 1528 viewsHighjack

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:42 - Jul 21 by Nortbankboy

You cannot be serious???

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:00 - Jul 21 with 1500 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 16:42 - Jul 21 by Nortbankboy

he didn't have his best of games, maybe he was a bit tired, or it could be all this transfer talk is having a negative affect.

he didn't play badly, just wasn't at his best. I was actually hoping he wouldn't play that well - and doesn't play that well until after the 8th of august - so potential buyers will look elsewhere.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:30 - Jul 21 with 1433 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:00 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

he didn't have his best of games, maybe he was a bit tired, or it could be all this transfer talk is having a negative affect.

he didn't play badly, just wasn't at his best. I was actually hoping he wouldn't play that well - and doesn't play that well until after the 8th of august - so potential buyers will look elsewhere.

Mate I have to ask cos I’m intrigued. Why the full stops at the start and end (top and bottom) of each of your posts?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 18:06 - Jul 21 with 1390 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:30 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

Mate I have to ask cos I’m intrigued. Why the full stops at the start and end (top and bottom) of each of your posts?

no probs. I got a thing about having spaces at the top and bottom of my posts, it's just a habit now.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 20:34 - Jul 21 with 1273 viewsTNT

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:25 - Jul 21 by jasper_T

That loss was Potter's fault more than any of the players, so it's a good thing he didn't lay into them. No subs until the 90th minute when we were already behind, when some players were obviously flagging on the hour. No change in tactics despite Rotherham adapting and building into the game.

I keep reading crap about this Rotherham game.

I was at the game, but anyone who wasn't can look at YouTube and see us dominate that game, until the ref gave them a very dubious penalty (Naughton was sh*t again, but seems to escape criticism when everyone else seems to be getting it in the neck) on 77 mins, and another penalty on 85 mins when Fer (whom I've never rated) was harshly adjudged to handle the ball. This is why we lost, ffs.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 21:00 - Jul 21 with 1234 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 17:30 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

It's one of those silly things that really bug me, don't know why but it makes my teeth itch. I have now taken to scrolling past his posts very quickly in the hope that i don't catch a glimpse of them.

And f*ck off before you reply in the same manner

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 21:03 - Jul 21 with 1224 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 21:00 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

It's one of those silly things that really bug me, don't know why but it makes my teeth itch. I have now taken to scrolling past his posts very quickly in the hope that i don't catch a glimpse of them.

And f*ck off before you reply in the same manner

they will all be doing it now.

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 1151 viewsjasper_T

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 20:34 - Jul 21 by TNT

I keep reading crap about this Rotherham game.

I was at the game, but anyone who wasn't can look at YouTube and see us dominate that game, until the ref gave them a very dubious penalty (Naughton was sh*t again, but seems to escape criticism when everyone else seems to be getting it in the neck) on 77 mins, and another penalty on 85 mins when Fer (whom I've never rated) was harshly adjudged to handle the ball. This is why we lost, ffs.

They grew into the game after half time, first nullifying the threat of DJ (and as a result, all our attacking threat) and then finding space to progress up the pitch themselves. We had no answer to the changes, tiredness crept in and while the penalties were fortunate they came as a result of pressure that didn't exist while we were dominating the game.

You make your own bad luck sometimes. Everyone knows Fer should never be on the pitch more than an hour.
The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 22:48 - Jul 21 with 1140 viewsTNT

The Official Exeter City Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 22:44 - Jul 21 by jasper_T

They grew into the game after half time, first nullifying the threat of DJ (and as a result, all our attacking threat) and then finding space to progress up the pitch themselves. We had no answer to the changes, tiredness crept in and while the penalties were fortunate they came as a result of pressure that didn't exist while we were dominating the game.

You make your own bad luck sometimes. Everyone knows Fer should never be on the pitch more than an hour.

Without the two very dubious penalties, they don't win. Simples.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024