Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli McBurnie 10:31 - Jul 27 with 51293 viewsjackharris

There has been talk this morning that a 18 million bid has been accepted from Sheffield United? I wonder how true this is? Is anyone able to shed some light. We will see at 2pm today when the team sheet is published.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Oli McBurnie on 08:57 - Jul 28 with 1677 viewsTailGunner

Oli McBurnie on 08:27 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

Fans after the game were having pictures with him etc telling him to stay, said “it wasn’t up to him”

Stating the obvious I know, but Sheff Utd still seem desperate to get him. £18m does it a few days before window closes, inevitable unfortunately.

Birch (was up in Sheffield last week)and his agent especially pushing hard to get it done.
Oli wants to stay.
Oli McBurnie on 09:02 - Jul 28 with 1647 views3swan

Oli McBurnie on 08:57 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

Birch (was up in Sheffield last week)and his agent especially pushing hard to get it done.
Oli wants to stay.

Agents always want the best for their clients. NOT
Oli McBurnie on 09:05 - Jul 28 with 1609 views34dfgdf54

Yeah. He’s off.

Few of his pals from around here saying farewell on instagram etc

Gutted
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 9:07]
Oli McBurnie on 09:07 - Jul 28 with 1598 viewsTailGunner

Oli McBurnie on 09:02 - Jul 28 by 3swan

Agents always want the best for their clients. NOT

Can't stand agents. Bales agent the other day stating he wouldn't go on loan to premier League as didn't suit 'us' meaning the agent wouldn't get his slice of the astronomical fee.
Oli McBurnie on 09:11 - Jul 28 with 1555 views3swan

Oli McBurnie on 09:07 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

Can't stand agents. Bales agent the other day stating he wouldn't go on loan to premier League as didn't suit 'us' meaning the agent wouldn't get his slice of the astronomical fee.

The idea that players need representing is ok. But it's not all about football it's the total package of what the player wants (family life etc) An agent should be there to help a player achieve his wishes not driven by £%
Oli McBurnie on 09:15 - Jul 28 with 1523 viewsItchySphincter

I heard McBurnie only stayed last time around when there was interest from Leeds was because he didn’t want to leave his local girlfriend.

It’s got nothing to do with football.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oli McBurnie on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 1487 viewsHeadmaster

So where will we get a 20+ goal striker from by next Saturday then? Same sh!t, different year.
Oli McBurnie on 09:20 - Jul 28 with 1465 viewsTailGunner

Oli McBurnie on 09:19 - Jul 28 by Headmaster

So where will we get a 20+ goal striker from by next Saturday then? Same sh!t, different year.

If he goes im thinking Baston will stay?

Watch him get 20 goals and walk on a free.....
Login to get fewer ads

Oli McBurnie on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 1446 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 09:20 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

If he goes im thinking Baston will stay?

Watch him get 20 goals and walk on a free.....

Borja will be gone before deadline day imo
Oli McBurnie on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 1406 viewsPrivate_Partz

Exactly and it would back up Cooper's claim that he is not being consulted on player movements. He cited Jeff as an example.
IF Borja and Ollie go, the optimism after Atalanta will disappear like p!ss in the wind.
Start the season without a striker and we are in for a long hard season. We could end up scratching around in the bargain basement before the windows close.
Like Jenkins has never left.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Oli McBurnie on 09:37 - Jul 28 with 1339 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 09:28 - Jul 28 by Private_Partz

Exactly and it would back up Cooper's claim that he is not being consulted on player movements. He cited Jeff as an example.
IF Borja and Ollie go, the optimism after Atalanta will disappear like p!ss in the wind.
Start the season without a striker and we are in for a long hard season. We could end up scratching around in the bargain basement before the windows close.
Like Jenkins has never left.

I don’t think the “balancing of the books” line could be trotted out after selling Jordan Ayew (and saving on his wages) plus Dan James for 18 million. It could be argued that we don’t have the need to sell anyone this season, loaning out A Ayew aside. Even then we should be able to get by for this season at least.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oli McBurnie on 09:40 - Jul 28 with 1316 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 09:37 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t think the “balancing of the books” line could be trotted out after selling Jordan Ayew (and saving on his wages) plus Dan James for 18 million. It could be argued that we don’t have the need to sell anyone this season, loaning out A Ayew aside. Even then we should be able to get by for this season at least.

Another “blackhole” coming soon
Oli McBurnie on 09:42 - Jul 28 with 1303 views3swan

Steve Torpey to Bristol City £400,000 Tony Bird & Dave O'Gorman from Barry for £25,000 days before the start of the season
Oli McBurnie on 09:44 - Jul 28 with 1282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oli McBurnie on 09:37 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Birch said at the recent forum (I wasn’t there but I’m sure I read it somewhere) that the sale of James meant that no further sales were necessary. So if they flog McBurnie it’s not to ease any financial worries. That said, £18m for McBurnie? Tough to turn down. That’s crazy money for him.

Poll: Tory leader

Oli McBurnie on 09:48 - Jul 28 with 1244 viewsKilkennyjack

Oli McBurnie on 09:44 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

I think Birch said at the recent forum (I wasn’t there but I’m sure I read it somewhere) that the sale of James meant that no further sales were necessary. So if they flog McBurnie it’s not to ease any financial worries. That said, £18m for McBurnie? Tough to turn down. That’s crazy money for him.

Good point.

Beware of the Risen People

Oli McBurnie on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 1244 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 09:44 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

Agreed. But not if there’s no time to replace him. I think Birch is a man of his word so interesting times ahead until the closing of every darn transfer window currently in existence lol

Oli McBurnie on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 1239 viewsDr_Winston

We don't need to sell McBurnie, but if a PL team from his neck of the woods offers us nearly £20m for him then realism kicks in.

He'll want to go and we'd have to get best price and replace as best we can.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oli McBurnie on 09:51 - Jul 28 with 1218 views34dfgdf54

Oli McBurnie on 09:49 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. But not if there’s no time to replace him. I think Birch is a man of his word so interesting times ahead until the closing of every darn transfer window currently in existence lol

That’s the problem, we won’t replace.

Some of the posts on here praising up the yanks have been astonishing. Like I said on that thread, see what the crack is when transfer window shuts.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 9:52]
Oli McBurnie on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 1196 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oli McBurnie on 09:51 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

That’s the problem, we won’t replace.

Some of the posts on here praising up the yanks have been astonishing. Like I said on that thread, see what the crack is when transfer window shuts.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 9:52]

No need to sell, no fire sale the man said. We'll see just how strong his mettle is against the irate 28

Oli McBurnie on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 1155 viewsTailGunner

Oli McBurnie on 09:49 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

We don't need to sell McBurnie, but if a PL team from his neck of the woods offers us nearly £20m for him then realism kicks in.

Agree with the rest but he's told birch hes not keen on a move to Sheffield United as not convinced they will stay up.

Things change but that's where it was yesterday morning.

Money talks of course but he is generally happy here being the main man.
Oli McBurnie on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1124 views34dfgdf54

He’s got a good poker face then.
Oli McBurnie on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1119 views3swan

Oli McBurnie on 09:53 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

No need to sell, no fire sale the man said. We'll see just how strong his mettle is against the irate 28

Tailgunner posted that Birch was in Sheffield last week. If he is who I thinks is (old poster new name) then there could be some truth there
Oli McBurnie on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 1100 viewsexiledclaseboy

Not convinced he’ll “want to go” but we’ll certainly sell so he probably won’t get a choice.

Poll: Tory leader

Oli McBurnie on 10:04 - Jul 28 with 1101 viewsshandyjack

if Oli doesn't want to go then he won't go regardless of our clubs feelings, just tell Birch he's going nowhere if he's that keen to stay. However money talks end of the day

Poll: Expectation for the season

Oli McBurnie on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1097 views3swan

Oli McBurnie on 09:57 - Jul 28 by TailGunner

Agree with the rest but he's told birch hes not keen on a move to Sheffield United as not convinced they will stay up.

Things change but that's where it was yesterday morning.

Money talks of course but he is generally happy here being the main man.

Sounds the most plausible. Depends if he wants to improve his international career
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024