Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday 15:08 - Aug 14 with 6254 viewsSTID2017

IMO we'd rip Preston apart.
If we kept playing them both this season we would have a brilliant forward line at this level.
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 13:57 - Aug 15 with 1921 viewsjack_lord

Ayew's goals against Northampton were instinct and that of a top player. Borja is an excellent player, maybe not head and shoulders above the others but you can certainly see his quality when he is on the pitch. If Ayew is still here at the end of August and gets stuck in (not in the same way as his brother did in the premier) then we do indeed have a formidable front line IMO.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 13:58 - Aug 15 with 1919 viewsnantywatcher

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 05:17 - Aug 15 by Brynmill_Jack

In fairness, that’s not what was said by the OP. He said if we keep both Baston and Ayew we’d have a forward line who would rip Preston apart. I happen to agree, have you forgotten just how average the championship is?

I not sure where you lost your optimism but come on, with our current crop of players promotion isn’t a certainty but it’s more than possible.

" if we keep both Baston and Ayew we’d have a forward line who would rip Preston apart. "

Scary that anyone should have that low an opinion of Preston. We're in for a hard game on Saturday with or without A+B.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 1907 viewsBadlands

Further gossip about Valleano approaching Swansea over a move for Boston.
That would leave us with Astro and Surridge as our only strikers!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:31 - Aug 15 with 1876 viewsjack247

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:06 - Aug 15 by Badlands

And Ayew, subject to him staying, who is probably more of a striker than Asoro, though I accept it’s not his best position.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:32 - Aug 15 with 1861 views34dfgdf54

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:31 - Aug 15 by jack247

And Ayew, subject to him staying, who is probably more of a striker than Asoro, though I accept it’s not his best position.

Asoro is off out on loan.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:21 - Aug 15 with 1822 viewstheloneranger

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:06 - Aug 15 by Badlands

It's going to be really "turf" up front if Astro is sent out to pastures new.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:10 - Aug 15 with 1758 viewsBadlands

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:21 - Aug 15 by theloneranger

It's going to be really "turf" up front if Astro is sent out to pastures new.

It keeps doing that and I can't be bothered changing it :-)

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:49 - Aug 15 with 1715 viewsjack247

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 14:32 - Aug 15 by 34dfgdf54

Asoro is off out on loan.

Well that came out of nowhere. If we’re looking at him as a winger, it makes sense. Well stacked on that department and he’s probably near the bottom of the pile.

Down to two strikers plus Ayew though, with speculation over Borja and still presumably keen to offload Ayew if an offer comes in.
Login to get fewer ads

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 07:59 - Aug 16 with 1516 viewsAlfieMooresSon

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:26 - Aug 14 by krunchykarrot

i would keep him as far away from our youngsters as possible, give him away if we can.

I think I agree!
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:29 - Aug 16 with 1364 viewsBadlands

If either Borja or Ayew leave I'd have Bony back on a pay as you play contract.
But perhaps the Lub has burned that bridge.
There are a lot of free agents we could still bring in if needed.f

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 23:35 - Aug 16 with 1309 viewsCooperman

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:29 - Aug 16 by Badlands

If either Borja or Ayew leave I'd have Bony back on a pay as you play contract.
But perhaps the Lub has burned that bridge.
There are a lot of free agents we could still bring in if needed.f

Come on then Brains, let’s have your top five free agents in the striker position.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 1157 viewsMrSwerve

Borja's alright ain't he.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 08:02 - Aug 18 with 1029 viewsjack247

Credit where it’s due, brilliant yesterday. That’s the first time I’ve seen him look a cut above. Two great finishes and a really good all round game, especially after we took control of midfield. If he keeps playing like that I’ll have nothing to worry about.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 08:04 - Aug 18 with 1021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 08:02 - Aug 18 by jack247

Credit where it’s due, brilliant yesterday. That’s the first time I’ve seen him look a cut above. Two great finishes and a really good all round game, especially after we took control of midfield. If he keeps playing like that I’ll have nothing to worry about.

Good. I was getting worried about you. Itchy is a hopeless case though 😉.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 08:11 - Aug 18 with 1000 viewsWarwickHunt

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:32 - Aug 17 by MrSwerve

Borja's alright ain't he.

A La Liga striker playing in the Championship.

Who knew?
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 20:28 - Aug 25 with 812 viewsSTID2017

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 13:50 - Aug 15 by jack247

It wasn’t a direct reply to the op, it could have gone on any of the Baston threads really.

I want him to do well same as anyone else does, I just don’t see anything to suggest he’ll rip the Championship apart/score 20 goals/etc.

If anyone can explain exactly what they’ve seen in him to suggest he will, I’d be interested to hear their opinion.

Now you've had a few games to judge Borja, any thoughts about changing your thoughts on him ( assuming he stays until at least January ) ?
For me at the moment he'll hit 20 by January no problem.
Sadly then he will be sold for big money.
However, let's enjoy it while it lasts.
As for Ayew. Just class.

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 20:32 - Aug 25 with 798 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 20:28 - Aug 25 by STID2017

Now you've had a few games to judge Borja, any thoughts about changing your thoughts on him ( assuming he stays until at least January ) ?
For me at the moment he'll hit 20 by January no problem.
Sadly then he will be sold for big money.
However, let's enjoy it while it lasts.
As for Ayew. Just class.

He’s out of contract in June. I admit a struggling prem team may try to panic buy him but what would they offer for a striker with only 6 months left?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 01:09 - Aug 27 with 639 viewsSTID2017

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 20:32 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s out of contract in June. I admit a struggling prem team may try to panic buy him but what would they offer for a striker with only 6 months left?

I sincerely hope not.
Love to see him fire us to promotion and either earn a new contract or a well deserved move

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 01:11 - Aug 27 with 636 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 01:09 - Aug 27 by STID2017

I sincerely hope not.
Love to see him fire us to promotion and either earn a new contract or a well deserved move

He’s on a goal a game. Unlikely to keep that strike rate up indefinitely but if he stays fit he’s going to hit 30 goals I’m sure

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024