Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murder of a policeman last night 14:21 - Aug 16 with 10076 viewsraynor94

Absolutely shocking, more so that 10 males aged from 13-30, have been arrested.

On top of all the recent stabbings, what on earth is this Country coming too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 1683 viewsraynor94

Murder of a policeman last night on 14:34 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

We don't need knee jerk reactions.It was in rural Berkshire i believe, hardly a hotbed of violent crime.

I do find your blase' attitude to incidents like this quite sickening

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:32 - Aug 17 with 1668 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:20 - Aug 17 by raynor94

I do find your blase' attitude to incidents like this quite sickening

Where did i say, that it's acceptable? I don't see getting hysterical over anything is helping, but I don't think you understand issues in depth you just react to things at the time without giving them any perspective.
Murder of a policeman last night on 17:16 - Aug 17 with 1577 viewsbryncochjack

"The Daily Telegraph spoke to a friend of one of the traveller families who once lived at the site. “We’re still trying to work out what’s going on, but I don’t understand why so many people had to be arrested,” the woman said. “They can’t all be guilty. It’s like the police just think we’re travellers, so, of course, we did it.” "

Unbelievable sense of victimhood at Four Houses Corner caravan park.
Murder of a policeman last night on 18:16 - Aug 17 with 1526 viewsDJack

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:04 - Aug 17 by NotLoyal

Saves their lives ?
Just a stab in the dark ...

No it didn't, it created an arms race. Which is why many US police authorities are purchasing ex military equipment.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:40 - Aug 17 with 1497 viewsPacemaker

Murder of a policeman last night on 11:03 - Aug 17 by controversial_jack

There is no evidence anywhere that longer sentences deter crime, as much of it is spur of the moment.That's not to down play it, but cool heads and clear thinking is needed not just predictable and tired knee jerk reactions. The war on drugs is a great example; criminalising drug users has made the situation much worse. I have no disdain for the police, but neither do I value a police officers life any more than I do of any other member of the public.

I do not have the answers, but neither does anyone else.It's a problem, but using terms like epidemic don't help the situation at all.

The victims of murder are quite rightly all equally valued by their family, friends and society generally. The difference with the police officer here he has gone to someone’s aid as a victim of crime to represent society as the face of law and order, however some sections of society have no interest in following the norms and rules of a civilised society and as a result tragedies like this occur.

The death of a police officer should be treated differently because they have volunteered to step forward daily and face these dangers and occasionally but far too often in recent times they have received fatal injuries. I am sure if it was a member of your family you would feel differently.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:54 - Aug 17 with 1479 viewsraynor94

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:40 - Aug 17 by Pacemaker

The victims of murder are quite rightly all equally valued by their family, friends and society generally. The difference with the police officer here he has gone to someone’s aid as a victim of crime to represent society as the face of law and order, however some sections of society have no interest in following the norms and rules of a civilised society and as a result tragedies like this occur.

The death of a police officer should be treated differently because they have volunteered to step forward daily and face these dangers and occasionally but far too often in recent times they have received fatal injuries. I am sure if it was a member of your family you would feel differently.

Eloquently put, sorry to say but CJ just sickens me with his views

Murder of a policeman last night on 19:20 - Aug 17 with 1457 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:40 - Aug 17 by Pacemaker

They are not volunteers they are paid professionals. That's not to say their lives are not valued, but the same could be said about many other occupations who get killed at work or at home.All lives are the same to me, regardless of the circumstances.
Murder of a policeman last night on 19:22 - Aug 17 with 1453 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:54 - Aug 17 by raynor94

Eloquently put, sorry to say but CJ just sickens me with his views

You just want to come across as the good politically correct guy.You don't really understand most of the issues discussed in here, you just come up with snide ankle biting remarks.
Login to get fewer ads

Murder of a policeman last night on 19:56 - Aug 17 with 1425 viewsPacemaker

Murder of a policeman last night on 19:20 - Aug 17 by controversial_jack

They are not volunteers they are paid professionals. That's not to say their lives are not valued, but the same could be said about many other occupations who get killed at work or at home.All lives are the same to me, regardless of the circumstances.

They are paid professionals protecting those who cannot help themselves, without them evil prevails, that’s why they are different. Having been in those type of situations on numerous occasions I am aware of how frightening they are but you know you have to carry on because nobody else can.

Your views are not those of the majority of society and maybe one day life will give you the opportunity to feel fear and step forward not backwards. You quite often seem to portray a contrary opinion in your hope of being controversial but I genuinely feel for your emotional well-being if you truly believe this.

It matters not how how much you are paid policing, is a vocation unlike any other job where you serve the public with their consent, if the public remove their consent or show your attitude then we will lose British policing as we have known it from its formation.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Murder of a policeman last night on 20:15 - Aug 17 with 1413 viewsGroo

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:00 - Aug 17 by Swanjaxs

Call the problem whatever you like, but if the policeman in this instance had been armed there is every chance he would be alive today...

This has to be one of the worse posts ever.

Start arming police on the street FFS.

Groo does what Groo does best

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:22 - Aug 17 with 1378 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 19:56 - Aug 17 by Pacemaker

They are paid professionals protecting those who cannot help themselves, without them evil prevails, that’s why they are different. Having been in those type of situations on numerous occasions I am aware of how frightening they are but you know you have to carry on because nobody else can.

Your views are not those of the majority of society and maybe one day life will give you the opportunity to feel fear and step forward not backwards. You quite often seem to portray a contrary opinion in your hope of being controversial but I genuinely feel for your emotional well-being if you truly believe this.

It matters not how how much you are paid policing, is a vocation unlike any other job where you serve the public with their consent, if the public remove their consent or show your attitude then we will lose British policing as we have known it from its formation.

You were doing fine until you mentioned policing being a vocation.There are good and bad in all occupations and walks of life.

A Lawyer in Newcastle was recently stabbed to death trying to break up a fight. Is his life any less valuable than the policeman's?
Murder of a policeman last night on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 1348 viewsFlashberryjack

Murder of a policeman last night on 20:15 - Aug 17 by Groo

Villains are arming themselves with guns and Knives.

What a ludicrous suggestion to arm the people that are there to protect us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 1330 viewsraynor94

Murder of a policeman last night on 19:22 - Aug 17 by controversial_jack

You just want to come across as the good politically correct guy.You don't really understand most of the issues discussed in here, you just come up with snide ankle biting remarks.

I fully understand the murder of a policeman yesterday, and the vicious attacks on Two last week, you just try to live up to your name.

It's become boring on here seeing you schooled, but still you plough on regardless.

I genuinely hope you and your family never need the help of the people you speak of with disdain

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 1326 viewsGroo

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:58 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

Escalation is great, not got shares in Smith and Western have you.

The better response to me is bring back the police that were taken away, bring back the powers to stop and search, stiffer penalties to people carrying weapons.

Groo does what Groo does best

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:32 - Aug 17 with 1317 viewsDarran

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:16 - Aug 17 by raynor94

I fully understand the murder of a policeman yesterday, and the vicious attacks on Two last week, you just try to live up to your name.

It's become boring on here seeing you schooled, but still you plough on regardless.

I genuinely hope you and your family never need the help of the people you speak of with disdain

I don’t know why people keep replying to him he’s not controversial he’s just a twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:54 - Aug 17 with 1301 viewsswan65split

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:32 - Aug 17 by Darran

I don’t know why people keep replying to him he’s not controversial he’s just a twàt.

It's more like phooey
Murder of a policeman last night on 00:19 - Aug 18 with 1268 viewsCooperman

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:32 - Aug 17 by Darran

Is the correct answer. He’s basically trolling.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Murder of a policeman last night on 09:50 - Aug 18 with 1184 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 22:16 - Aug 17 by raynor94

I don't know why you think I hold them in disdain, i don't and have explained this too you, although you seem to have difficulty in grasping this for whatever reason.

I feel just as much for the family of that lawyer in Newcastle who was murdered as I do for the family of the Policeman.That's the crux of the matter , nothing to do with an anti police agenda, However I don't think you understand this.
Murder of a policeman last night on 11:49 - Aug 18 with 1129 viewsjackrmee

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:06 - Aug 17 by Swanjaxs

Many more police would have been murdered in America if they had not been armed, put yourself in that policeman's position in Berkshire, would you have rather been armed? Honest answer...

Arming police is definitely not the answer

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:10 - Aug 18 with 1114 viewsjackrmee

Murder of a policeman last night on 17:16 - Aug 17 by bryncochjack

"The Daily Telegraph spoke to a friend of one of the traveller families who once lived at the site. “We’re still trying to work out what’s going on, but I don’t understand why so many people had to be arrested,” the woman said. “They can’t all be guilty. It’s like the police just think we’re travellers, so, of course, we did it.” "

Unbelievable sense of victimhood at Four Houses Corner caravan park.

From what I read, he was dragged down the road by a vehicle. Unless it was a minibus, how can 10 people be involved?

When I first read this thread, I thought the officer had been set upon by 10 people.
Not condoning it one bit, but sounds like he got in the way of fleeing burglars and died.

This is obviously a tragic incident, but not quite premeditated murder.
"The force also refused to comment on a report suggesting that Harper was hit by a second police car which was responding to the incident."
So they aren't even sure how he died or which vehicle killed him.

As for people blaming "gypos" and saying 99.9% of travellers are kunts...well...maybe many of them aren't perfect, but who is? Good and bad everywhere ffs.

I don't often agree with CJ, but he has spoken some sense on this thread tbf and not trolling here.
Police lives are no more important than any life.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:01 - Aug 18 with 1040 viewsmajorraglan

Murder of a policeman last night on 12:10 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

From what I read, he was dragged down the road by a vehicle. Unless it was a minibus, how can 10 people be involved?

When I first read this thread, I thought the officer had been set upon by 10 people.
Not condoning it one bit, but sounds like he got in the way of fleeing burglars and died.

This is obviously a tragic incident, but not quite premeditated murder.
"The force also refused to comment on a report suggesting that Harper was hit by a second police car which was responding to the incident."
So they aren't even sure how he died or which vehicle killed him.

As for people blaming "gypos" and saying 99.9% of travellers are kunts...well...maybe many of them aren't perfect, but who is? Good and bad everywhere ffs.

I don't often agree with CJ, but he has spoken some sense on this thread tbf and not trolling here.
Police lives are no more important than any life.

There are plenty of possible reasons for arresting some or all 10. It’s not going to be like on TV where Carter and Regan turn up, the villains cough the the job “it’s a fair cop guvnor”.

The police turn up at the scene of a crime where there are 10 persons present all being potential suspects. None of them admit it so how are the police going to know which person they should arrest? There’s plenty of grounds for suspecting the people present are involved and that’s enough to arrest to investigate. The article doesn’t say what exactly all 10 have been arrested for, some may have been arrested for other offences such as assisting the offenders.

None of know what happened and we can speculate. I read somewhere he was hit by a second car, but that will come out in the wash as will the exact case of death.

Edit typo
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 19:31]
Murder of a policeman last night on 16:26 - Aug 18 with 1015 viewsSwanjaxs

Murder of a policeman last night on 20:15 - Aug 17 by Groo

Really! Get a grip you tool, the United Kingdom is one of only five countries in the world that doesn't arm their police force! You try putting yourself in front of someone with a machete mate 👍 i bet you'd shìt your pants...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 1011 viewsSwanjaxs

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:58 - Aug 17 by Flashberryjack

Nailed it 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 995 viewsjackrmee

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:26 - Aug 18 by Swanjaxs

Really! Get a grip you tool, the United Kingdom is one of only five countries in the world that doesn't arm their police force! You try putting yourself in front of someone with a machete mate 👍 i bet you'd shìt your pants...

He was run over by a car and then hit again by a cop car. I don't see how any amount of weapons would have saved him there

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:32 - Aug 18 with 993 viewsHighjack

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:26 - Aug 18 by Swanjaxs

Give me a taser and a stab vest and I’d make myself favourite.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024