Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 22:23 - Aug 24 with 7584 views34dfgdf54

Still jobless.

Send Lexi our love.
Garry Monk on 09:51 - Aug 25 with 1667 viewsjacks777

Garry Monk on 09:38 - Aug 25 by exiledclaseboy

That time when we finished eighth in the Premier League you mean?

With a-record pts total for our time in the PL you mean.
Garry Monk on 09:54 - Aug 25 with 1657 viewsNotLoyal

Garry Monk on 09:49 - Aug 25 by GVJack

Well he's hardly alone there. Swansea is a massive sh1t hole, I don't remember his saying anything derogatory about the people or the supporters of the area. Unfortunately any Money given in Wales appears to stop in Cardiff..... But that's a political debate for another time...

His Mrs unfortunately did, regardless of the circumstances it was completely uncalled for. Swansea made Garry Monk, from a reserve throw away at Southampton to a multi millionaire. Some people are just not appreciative or indeed respectful of anything.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garry Monk on 10:08 - Aug 25 with 1617 viewsGVJack

Should he pay the price for his Wife's mistakes?
Garry Monk on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 1497 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans made Monk, not the other way around.
Remember that.

Beware of the Risen People

Garry Monk on 21:08 - Aug 25 with 1469 viewsWingstandwood

Garry Monk on 20:52 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Swans made Monk, not the other way around.
Remember that.

I honestly believe his wife must have repeatedly read that o.t.t sensationalist descriptive often posted by some supporters. THE very diluted, demeaned and overused word you tend to hear nowadays.

That word? "Legend".........Then comes the delusions of grandeur and sense of entitlement that is disproportionate to reality itself.

Argus!

Garry Monk on 21:31 - Aug 25 with 1427 viewsItchySphincter

Garry Monk on 08:37 - Aug 25 by jacks777

Hardly. A successful playing career and is a millionaire.
If you call that failure you must be bonkers 😂

For once I agree.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Garry Monk on 00:04 - Aug 26 with 1353 viewsUplandsJack

Garry Monk on 09:51 - Aug 25 by jacks777

With a-record pts total for our time in the PL you mean.

Granted, but also playing utter Shiite football at the same time.
Had the misfortune to watch every game home & away and trust me when I say Monk, Pep & Beatie ruined us, plain and simple. For one records points total, Monk put this club back years.
Today watching Brum, reminded me of how we played under him, obviously though with better players.
Surely I can’t be the only one who felt it was like watching a Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup Swans v a Monk Swans out there today
Thank Christ we’ve managed to return to our former selves is all I can say!
Garry Monk on 00:23 - Aug 26 with 1340 viewsKilkennyjack

Garry Monk on 00:04 - Aug 26 by UplandsJack

Had the misfortune to watch every game home & away and trust me when I say Monk, Pep & Beatie ruined us, plain and simple. For one records points total, Monk put this club back years.
Today watching Brum, reminded me of how we played under him, obviously though with better players.
Surely I can’t be the only one who felt it was like watching a Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup Swans v a Monk Swans out there today

Spot on mate.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk on 00:28 - Aug 26 with 1338 viewsDarran

So when you went to Old Trafford and we won you came out of the ground devastated?

Serious question?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk on 01:18 - Aug 26 with 1316 viewsJacket

Garry Monk on 00:28 - Aug 26 by Darran

So when you went to Old Trafford and we won you came out of the ground devastated?

Serious question?

Dwight certainly was.
Garry Monk on 06:34 - Aug 26 with 1261 viewsjacks777

You had the misfortune of watching every game - you can only blame yourself on that.
Garry Monk on 07:52 - Aug 26 with 1237 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 09:49 - Aug 25 by GVJack

Well he's hardly alone there. Swansea is a massive sh1t hole, I don't remember his saying anything derogatory about the people or the supporters of the area. Unfortunately any Money given in Wales appears to stop in Cardiff..... But that's a political debate for another time...

A massive shit hole , voted in the daily mail survey as the second best work life balance city in the UK, just behind Brighton. And a beautiful bay , sandy beach and Gower on its doorstep? Or do you only focus on high street?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk on 07:58 - Aug 26 with 1227 viewsSwanDownUnder

Garry Monk on 07:52 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

A massive shit hole , voted in the daily mail survey as the second best work life balance city in the UK, just behind Brighton. And a beautiful bay , sandy beach and Gower on its doorstep? Or do you only focus on high street?

I think its Monk's wife...
Garry Monk on 08:25 - Aug 26 with 1208 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk on 07:58 - Aug 26 by SwanDownUnder

I think its Monk's wife...

Ah, GarrY Jack. Now it makes sense. Fancy marrying a man who can’t even spell his 4 letter name right.

Garry Monk on 08:41 - Aug 26 with 1185 viewsjacks777

Do certain fans believe Monk deliberately set out to destroy the club. If so go and make an appointment with the doctor.

Monk was a fantastic player for the Swans. Met him a few times and was always polite, and always had time for the fans.

Just have a look in the history books and see who the Swans manager was when we achieved our highest pts tally in the PL, and I don’t remember any fans saying the football was shite during that season. What I do remember though was his name sang/chanted constantly during every game.
Garry Monk on 08:56 - Aug 26 with 1162 viewsmarchamjack

Garry Monk on 08:41 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Do certain fans believe Monk deliberately set out to destroy the club. If so go and make an appointment with the doctor.

Monk was a fantastic player for the Swans. Met him a few times and was always polite, and always had time for the fans.

Just have a look in the history books and see who the Swans manager was when we achieved our highest pts tally in the PL, and I don’t remember any fans saying the football was shite during that season. What I do remember though was his name sang/chanted constantly during every game.

That second season when he was the highest placed English coach in PL and even mention of the England job was in some of the press, he clearly let it all go to his head and thought he’d rip up the Swansea Way and play some other ‘style’...which was some of the most mind numbing boring sht I’ve had the misfortune to watch. It was hideous football and had he stayed we’d have gone down that season.

Club legend yes, great manager...😂

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Garry Monk on 09:28 - Aug 26 with 1117 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Garry Monk on 08:41 - Aug 26 by jacks777

We sung his name because we are supporters but it doesn’t mean we have to like the football

There were quite a few of us that year a bit concerned about the football deteriorating despite being massively happy with where we finished.

You could see at the time that we had a lot of luck in many of those games as sat back and defended, which was strange as we hadn’t done that for yeqrs

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Garry Monk on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 1077 viewsjacks777

Garry Monk on 09:28 - Aug 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

We sung his name because we are supporters but it doesn’t mean we have to like the football

There were quite a few of us that year a bit concerned about the football deteriorating despite being massively happy with where we finished.

You could see at the time that we had a lot of luck in many of those games as sat back and defended, which was strange as we hadn’t done that for yeqrs

We sang his name, because we were winning and having a good season.
Can’t remember hearing fans sing about super Bob that much.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 9:51]
Garry Monk on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 1042 viewsGVJack

Garry Monk on 07:52 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm not doubting that Swansea has some very nice elements to it, you mentioned the gower... 'a place of natural beauty' natural... No spending required.

My comments were mainly aimed at the city centre and areas in close proximity. Yes our high street is sh1t, as is the city centre as a whole, it frustrates me as I see Swansea having so much potential. I mean... Look at our transport links... We don't even have a station at the stadium for fans
Garry Monk on 10:45 - Aug 26 with 1000 viewsUplandsJack

Serious question?

Of course not Darren. It was opening day of the season and goals from Ki & Siggy gave us an unexpected win and poured cold water over Van Gaal's first game in charge at OT.
As you also probably recall, we did the double over them that season. But that didnt stop the steady change that eroded the style we had all grown acustomed to.
I've stated a few times over the years since, that it became a major concern to a fair few of the group I was with. I recall the defeat to Blackburn in the cup where we had 2 sent off (Bartley/Siggy) when the start of the boos/unrest on the terraces began.
As I'm sure the majority of fans would now agree, under Monk we became just another mid -lower league team in terms of style /substance.
Which was polar opposite to what got us up and then initially kept us there.
We never recovered from the damage caused under Monk. Just sack, survive and repeat until we finally succumbed to the inevitable.
It has taken a relegation and a massive clear out for us to have the chance to reset.
Garry Monk on 10:56 - Aug 26 with 983 viewsDr_Winston

There were plenty of questions about Monk when we won just one of our next twelve games after the Cardiff match. A run of form that would have got most managers sacked got him the job full time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk on 13:23 - Aug 26 with 923 viewsUplandsJack

Garry Monk on 10:56 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

There were plenty of questions about Monk when we won just one of our next twelve games after the Cardiff match. A run of form that would have got most managers sacked got him the job full time.

Yes it was a shockingly poor/lazy decision by Jenkins.
He thought he could get away with putting who he thought at the time, was his puppet in position on the cheap and also at the same time appoint himself as dof.
Garry Monk on 13:33 - Aug 26 with 904 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Serious question?

Only a complete moron could even think of asking such an absurdly simplistic and out of context question.

Garry Monk on 13:45 - Aug 26 with 891 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry Monk on 09:34 - Aug 25 by Oldjack

8 February 2014
Premier League
Liberty Stadium
3—0

what is there not to like ?

How about the fact that was his only win in our first 10 matches?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry Monk on 13:48 - Aug 26 with 885 viewsCooperman

Garry Monk on 13:45 - Aug 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How about the fact that was his only win in our first 10 matches?

Have you got a ST this year, Dwight?
I’ve asked you a few times now and it seems you don’t want to be drawn into answering.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024