Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence march merthyr 08:15 - Sep 8 with 27876 viewsCwmafanJack

Did anyone make the trip? Great speakers eddie butler and neville southall. Thousands in attendance with thousands more not being able to make it as trains where full coming from cardiff. Also busts the myth that theres no support for independence in the south. Well done all. Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Independence march merthyr on 21:00 - Sep 18 with 1248 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 20:57 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Hell hath no fury like a Leanne fanboy scorned.

He’s being quite gallant in his own way.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Independence march merthyr on 21:05 - Sep 18 with 1238 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 19:27 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

Leanne in trouble for defending a young collegue, WoL not mentioning Jaco's past or name I see.

Now I read a report that said she was neing censored for using abusive language which is against the AM's code of conduct. The report also said that the Senedd investigation showed that the complainant hadn't verbally abused her.
She complains that jac is obnoxious and abusive so decides the best thing is to respond in kind. Aren't we supposed to expect better from our political elites?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Independence march merthyr on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 1235 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independence march merthyr on 21:05 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Now I read a report that said she was neing censored for using abusive language which is against the AM's code of conduct. The report also said that the Senedd investigation showed that the complainant hadn't verbally abused her.
She complains that jac is obnoxious and abusive so decides the best thing is to respond in kind. Aren't we supposed to expect better from our political elites?

She called him an arsehole. In twitter terns that’s almost a term of endearment. Let’s not overreact.

Poll: Tory leader

Independence march merthyr on 21:17 - Sep 18 with 1223 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:05 - Sep 18 by Catullus

She had not long lost her friend and close colleague, I think the young man used to write some of her speeches [a terrible tragedy], jaco then made a comment on his replacement, I would guess it was the straw that broke the camels back, as on its own it was nothing but in context of snipping and more snipping and the comment was about a young lady just starting out, in the circumstances I think it was warranted.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 21:21]
Independence march merthyr on 21:20 - Sep 18 with 1216 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 22:53 - Sep 17 by ladyjack

If there is a geopolitical spat try a news outlet of a third party.
Try blogs of individuals that are writing in a personal capacity and not for money.
Try tweets of interesting individuals.
Try award winning journalists, see what the likes of Robert Fisk and John Pilger are saying, check out al Jazeera news and vice news for a possible different slant on English outlets.
Check out overseas online English language newspapers for their take on events compared to the Western Mail, Sun, Daily Mail, Times etc.

OK ladyjack,non UK news outlets like the NZ Herald maybe, www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12265853&mc_cid=5f27954ed2&mc_eid=b8ef8edeb6

The journo is actually pro remain. You see I do look at other news outlets.
Thing is, if you are recommending anyone to me it's probably because they back up your views. That's how the world works, we seek out those who agree with us. Pilger is often critical of the UK government (the USA too) because he judges them to have a hidden imperialist agenda. Fisk was accused of siding with Syria and of using Syrian and Russian propaganda. He writes for the independent so he could be called a left winger but probably says he's a lberal.
I read the Guardian too but very rarely do I bother with the Sun, the WM, Express. I read both left and right views an try to find the truth which isn't easy and I often fail.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Independence march merthyr on 21:23 - Sep 18 with 1210 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 21:06 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

She called him an arsehole. In twitter terns that’s almost a term of endearment. Let’s not overreact.

It’s hardly blood and thunder, you have to wonder what sort of an oddball would have expended the time and effort on making a formal complaint?

Independence march merthyr on 21:28 - Sep 18 with 1203 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 23:10 - Sep 17 by BytholWyn

Some very dodgy statements there. Based on a needs formula Wales is under-funded - so I have no idea where you get the idea from that "Wales gets more per head than most of England". Expenditure in England isn't equal, so poorer regions, such as the North-East, will receive far more per head in NHS expenditure, than the more affluent ones. The idea that we're getting a good deal from Westminster (especially when you factor in expenditure in non-devolved areas) is laughable.

The problem for us in Wales is that we're caught in a dependency trap. We are being denied the sort of investment, especially in infrastructure, that would be a game changer for the Welsh economy. This would have long-term knock-on benefits in terms of health and social care expenditure.

For as long as we are willing to accept peanuts from Westminster we will be trapped in the current vicious circle of an under-performing economy and all the social ills that come with that. The one thing that will make Westminster pay attention is if there's a credible threat of Wales becoming independent. Dic Sion Dafyddery gets the contempt it deserves.

Based on which needs formula? I knwo the Barnett is outdated and not fit for purpose but which formula do you mean and who created it?

Now you are trying to obfuscate things. Wales gets more per head than most of England and, according to government figures NHS spending in Wales (per head) is 8% higher than in England. As at January 2018 Wales was spending £64 per head more than England on the NHS. Yet our NHS is in worse shape.

Figures can be twisted, spun and counter spun but Wales gets more money per head than any English region besides London, London effectively subsidises the rest of the UK.

Independence march merthyr on 21:43 - Sep 18 with 1191 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:20 - Sep 18 by Catullus

OK ladyjack,non UK news outlets like the NZ Herald maybe, www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12265853&mc_cid=5f27954ed2&mc_eid=b8ef8edeb6

The journo is actually pro remain. You see I do look at other news outlets.
Thing is, if you are recommending anyone to me it's probably because they back up your views. That's how the world works, we seek out those who agree with us. Pilger is often critical of the UK government (the USA too) because he judges them to have a hidden imperialist agenda. Fisk was accused of siding with Syria and of using Syrian and Russian propaganda. He writes for the independent so he could be called a left winger but probably says he's a lberal.
I read the Guardian too but very rarely do I bother with the Sun, the WM, Express. I read both left and right views an try to find the truth which isn't easy and I often fail.

Its an Aussie tabloid journalist who writes for the right wing rag from News Corp stable which was Murdoch's lot.
NZ Herald is on the right and apparently they print material from our Daily Telegraph and the Independent.
If you don't want to recognise multiple award winners like Fisk, Pilger and Price [in his field] but give credence to lowly right wing tabloid journalists then you are the one that is guilty of advocating a biased position.
Login to get fewer ads

Independence march merthyr on 21:53 - Sep 18 with 1182 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:28 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Based on which needs formula? I knwo the Barnett is outdated and not fit for purpose but which formula do you mean and who created it?

Now you are trying to obfuscate things. Wales gets more per head than most of England and, according to government figures NHS spending in Wales (per head) is 8% higher than in England. As at January 2018 Wales was spending £64 per head more than England on the NHS. Yet our NHS is in worse shape.

Figures can be twisted, spun and counter spun but Wales gets more money per head than any English region besides London, London effectively subsidises the rest of the UK.

Are you saying that rich areas of a sovereign state should get as much as poor areas of a sovereign state ?
Independence march merthyr on 22:10 - Sep 18 with 1172 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 20:55 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Well you were the one trumping on about civilised debate. Just pointing out that statement is utter b*llocks. Likethe whole nationalist debate.

You still refuse to research anything or be open-minded. I'd leave the thread if I was you as you have zero interest in independence.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 18:06 - Sep 19 with 1089 viewsKilkennyjack

Good point.

Beware of the Risen People

Independence march merthyr on 21:46 - Sep 19 with 1061 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 21:23 - Sep 18 by Lohengrin

It’s hardly blood and thunder, you have to wonder what sort of an oddball would have expended the time and effort on making a formal complaint?

That's kind of irrelevant to me. He chose to complain and the relevant person decided the complaint had merit.
It doesn't matter what I think, I'm not over reacting to anything just stating what I saw on the news report. Then, ECB , I'm asking is it wrong to expect better? After all many of our politicians have been highly critical of any such language directed at them.

Independence march merthyr on 21:47 - Sep 19 with 1061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 22:10 - Sep 18 by Ebo

You still refuse to research anything or be open-minded. I'd leave the thread if I was you as you have zero interest in independence.

Are you just figuring that out? Zero interest in independence is a gross under estimate. Remaining in the EU? Even f*cking less!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Independence march merthyr on 21:57 - Sep 19 with 1054 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 21:53 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

Are you saying that rich areas of a sovereign state should get as much as poor areas of a sovereign state ?

Show me where I said anything like that. I said Wales gets more per head than most of England, we get 8% more per head in NHS spending which is roughly £64 per head, or was.

How does that equate to what you said?

Independence march merthyr on 09:02 - Sep 20 with 1011 viewsEbo

I bet offline she called him a shitc unt

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 10:12 - Sep 20 with 994 viewsLeonWasGod

Independence march merthyr on 18:06 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

Good point.

Going of on a bit of a tangent, but scrolling down that thread there's a like to the Carbon brief site that shows the distribution of energy production and changes over time. It's a cracking little site for anyone intersted in energy. The manipulatable infographics are excellent.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-how-the-uk-generates-its-electricity
Independence march merthyr on 10:13 - Sep 20 with 993 viewsHighjack

Probably begins with M and ends in t6.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Independence march merthyr on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 991 viewsHighjack

Independence march merthyr on 18:06 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

Good point.

Is there a possibility that graph is skewed by the fact north wales and Scotland are amongst the coldest and most rural places in the country and therefore will spend more on energy anyway?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Independence march merthyr on 10:24 - Sep 20 with 985 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 10:13 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Probably begins with M and ends in t6.

Independence march merthyr on 10:34 - Sep 20 with 984 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Is there a possibility that graph is skewed by the fact north wales and Scotland are amongst the coldest and most rural places in the country and therefore will spend more on energy anyway?

Clear thinking there, High.

Independence march merthyr on 11:13 - Sep 20 with 968 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 09:02 - Sep 20 by Ebo

I bet offline she called him a shitc unt

Oh! I don’t doubt it.

Independence march merthyr on 11:20 - Sep 20 with 962 viewsHighjack

Independence march merthyr on 10:34 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

Clear thinking there, High.

Thank god for that. It seemed so obvious I felt silly pointing it out.

Independence march merthyr on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 958 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 11:20 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Thank god for that. It seemed so obvious I felt silly pointing it out.

This is 2019, mate. The obvious needs to be constantly highlighted.

Independence march merthyr on 15:16 - Sep 20 with 931 viewsBytholWyn

Independence march merthyr on 10:12 - Sep 20 by LeonWasGod

Going of on a bit of a tangent, but scrolling down that thread there's a like to the Carbon brief site that shows the distribution of energy production and changes over time. It's a cracking little site for anyone intersted in energy. The manipulatable infographics are excellent.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-how-the-uk-generates-its-electricity

Great link - which led me to find a particularly insightful overview of the developments in electricity production in the UK over the past decade and more: https://interactive.carbonbrief.org/how-uk-transformed-electricity-supply-decade

There are a number of interesting asides on how gloomy forecasts about blackouts and the like haven't been realised. A further telling stat is that offshore wind is now cheaper than gas - which is a game-changer: https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-uk-auction-offshore-wind-cheaper-than-new-g
Independence march merthyr on 15:26 - Sep 20 with 923 viewsLeonWasGod

Independence march merthyr on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Don't you normally get a discount for buying in bulk?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024