Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover 21:40 - Sep 10 with 7878 viewsCooperman

New cameras have gone up in the last week on the stretch of M4 between PT and the BF flyover.

No idea if they are live but there’s an absence of ‘camera not in use’ signs.

You’ve been warned.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:05 - Sep 11 with 1838 viewsWingstandwood

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:47 - Sep 11 by Ace_Jack

I'm sure there used to be a flashing warning sign on the road. Almost certain. Has it been removed?

There is flashing speed notification on the Grovesend to Pontardulais route. Not aware of any on the speed camera van route, not seen it in that area particular of Gorseinon itself. Did not appear to be one there the last time I traveled that way.

Got nothing wrong with supplementary use of speed camera vans providing there is adequate signage to avoid deliberate revenue raising intent. Those flashing speed notification signs are superb because they make most people think about their speed and they tend to slow down anyhow upon seeing them. Far more accident preventable than people jamming on their brakes, the speed camera van by the junction is placed in lesser preferable spot.

Argus!

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 1803 viewscontroversial_jack

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 11:26 - Sep 11 by Cooperman

I am slowly but surely getting into the habit of using the train when I’m heading east alone.

Swansea to London return can be achieved for £60 if planned correctly and the GWR service is a pretty good standard (please don’t confuse my comment with local services which is a different matter altogether). Journey time also comparable at three hours with the added bonus of Wi-fi and a more relaxing journey. Admittedly it’s not necessarily cost effective when travelling with company.

Not such a good price if you are a couple or a family
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:20 - Sep 11 with 1779 viewslifelong

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 07:41 - Sep 11 by Dr_Winston

Inappropriate speed kills. That and bad driving. Perhaps they should be making it harder for bad drivers to get/keep licences than make a stretch of road that was perfectly fine at 70mph for years a 50 zone.

Add Carmarthen Road to that list. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for it to be a 30mph limit.

Can’t see how Carmarthen Road can be anything but a 30mph speed limit. It runs mainly through a very busy built up area and contains numerous traffic signals and junctions, it would be dangerous for it to be otherwise.
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:23 - Sep 11 with 1779 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 22:10 - Sep 10 by controversial_jack

If it's to limit pollution, there's hardly anyone living near that stretch of motorway. It's a revenue making scheme

Can electric vehicle drivers still drive at 70 as they do not emit any exhaust fumes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:27 - Sep 11 with 1774 viewsHighjack

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:23 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

Can electric vehicle drivers still drive at 70 as they do not emit any exhaust fumes.

No because they are more likely to be vegetarians which means they fart more.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:40 - Sep 11 with 1763 viewsNeath_Jack

Some of the reasons in this thread 😂😂

If you need flashing signs etc to not break the speed limit, go hand your licence in to the DVLA and save the rest of us from your incompetence.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 16:42 - Sep 11 with 1731 viewsCooperman

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:40 - Sep 11 by Neath_Jack

Some of the reasons in this thread 😂😂

If you need flashing signs etc to not break the speed limit, go hand your licence in to the DVLA and save the rest of us from your incompetence.

Some drivers need a penalty notice before they slow down.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 1675 viewsJackfath

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 07:41 - Sep 11 by Dr_Winston

Inappropriate speed kills. That and bad driving. Perhaps they should be making it harder for bad drivers to get/keep licences than make a stretch of road that was perfectly fine at 70mph for years a 50 zone.

Add Carmarthen Road to that list. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for it to be a 30mph limit.

The fact that it's lined with houses may have something to do with it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 19:38 - Sep 11 with 1648 viewsAndy1300

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 21:58 - Sep 10 by Darran

Nonsense. Utter fuçking nonsense. There’s no need for the stretch to be 50mph it’s just another money making exercise.

Due to the number and close proximity of junctions and the fact that it’s elevated means there is a need for a 50 limit

Number 1 team in Wales

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 19:42 - Sep 11 with 1644 viewsperchrockjack

We have all sinned and gone too fast.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 20:39 - Sep 11 with 1620 viewsmonmouth

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 19:42 - Sep 11 by perchrockjack

We have all sinned and gone too fast.

I haven’t

I’ve never lied neither.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 20:48 - Sep 11 with 1600 viewsladyjack

Carmarthen Road should definitely be 30 mph, its a built up area with houses, schools, businesses etc close to the road.
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:19 - Sep 13 with 1432 viewsrockinjk

The problem with speed cameras is that they catch decent drivers

The moron who tail gates then speds off at 130mph never gets caught

I’m not anti speed cameras in some cases but they are flawed
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:47 - Sep 13 with 1417 viewslifelong

Drove to Newport and back yesterday, left home at 11.30am got home at 4pm. The volume of traffic, in both directions, was incredible, especially the section of motorway mentioned in this thread.
It’s no pleasure driving these days.
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:56 - Sep 13 with 1416 viewsPhil_S

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:19 - Sep 13 by rockinjk

The problem with speed cameras is that they catch decent drivers

The moron who tail gates then speds off at 130mph never gets caught

I’m not anti speed cameras in some cases but they are flawed

So the guy breaking the speed limit and gets caught is a decent guy

But the guys who breaks the speed limit and doesnt get caught is a moron

I'm seeing your logic...
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:19 - Sep 13 with 1405 viewsperchrockjack

Biggest gripe I have is middle lane cruisers. Its rank bad driving . No less than that.
Tail gating is also becoming worse.

Drivers should be aware of braking distances but few are,let alone the consequences of not allowing more distance in rainy conditions. A car is a man s cage,and not to be interfered with.

Most men would rather be called a bad sh@g than a bad driver.

It says much.

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:11 - Sep 13 with 1375 viewscontroversial_jack

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:19 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

Biggest gripe I have is middle lane cruisers. Its rank bad driving . No less than that.
Tail gating is also becoming worse.

Drivers should be aware of braking distances but few are,let alone the consequences of not allowing more distance in rainy conditions. A car is a man s cage,and not to be interfered with.

Most men would rather be called a bad sh@g than a bad driver.

It says much.

If the speed limit is set to reduce pollution then it's not a safety issue.Just saying!
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 15:16 - Sep 13 with 1369 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not convinced of that argument.

Pollution is nothing compared with the thick,noxious , poisonous stuff that was evident in bygone days.

It's not ,by the way,slagging off Swansea. Its a fact.

I was brought up in a large ,heavily industrialised town that provided work for the majority.

Now,it's gone and the industrila fumes have gone only to be replaced with that from increased car ownership.

British men will give up anything but their cars.

fact

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 23:08 - Sep 13 with 1311 viewsrockinjk

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 13:56 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

So the guy breaking the speed limit and gets caught is a decent guy

But the guys who breaks the speed limit and doesnt get caught is a moron

I'm seeing your logic...

You can’t compare being slightly over the limit to someone driving 130 mph

It’s not comparable
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 09:50 - Sep 14 with 1230 viewsBDS

I’ve driven this stretch a few times recently and each time seen drivers braking hard when spotting the new cameras. Then slowing right down to try and lower their speed back to the required average. Bound to be a few tail end accidents over the next few months.
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 09:52 - Sep 14 with 1228 viewsperchrockjack

Drivers invariably do not allow enough space between their vehicle and that in front.

I assume ALL fellow drivers are complete kunts and deaf ,dumb and blind.

If you are a motor cyclist,it's a good mantra.

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:45 - Sep 14 with 1171 viewsbluey_the_blue

Those who do leave enough space then find cars cutting into that gap, causing them to slow down to maintain gap... rinse and repeat.
Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:48 - Sep 14 with 1169 viewsperchrockjack

Well, that cannot be helped with the dickheads we have o the roads.However, it is a drivers responsibility to maintain a safe gap. Driving isnt easy .It's an often difficult challenge and one that is often best devoid of radio ot text messages. Utter and complete concentration and you have a better chance of avoiding death.

Make allowances for the abject cretins out there in fook off cars they cannot drive.

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 14:22 - Sep 15 with 1055 viewsPhil_S

Average speed cameras - PT to B.Ferry flyover on 23:08 - Sep 13 by rockinjk

You can’t compare being slightly over the limit to someone driving 130 mph

It’s not comparable

It was you that raised the comparison 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024