Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prorogation 10:44 - Sep 24 with 13159 viewswaynekerr55

Illegal. Will Boris resign?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Prorogation on 14:24 - Sep 24 with 1256 viewsFlashberryjack

Let's have a General Election NOW !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Prorogation on 14:27 - Sep 24 with 1250 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 14:24 - Sep 24 by Flashberryjack

Not before the prime minister does what is required and obtains an extension.
Prorogation on 14:35 - Sep 24 with 1223 viewsladyjack

Boris should be impeached and then can we have a national unity Government with Liz Saville Roberts as leader/Prime Minister during the crisis ?
Prorogation on 14:36 - Sep 24 with 1223 viewsFlashberryjack

Prorogation on 14:27 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Maybe the EU will refuse to give us an extension ...we've had 3 years of all this shYte.

Let's see if we can get a government with working majority that will either take us out or keep us in the EU.

Hello

Prorogation on 14:38 - Sep 24 with 1218 viewsWarwickHunt

Prorogation on 14:13 - Sep 24 by BrynCartwright

Listen to this absolute plum..

Fùck me - Jango gets around...
Prorogation on 14:39 - Sep 24 with 1218 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:24 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

I’d advise you read the ruling before speculating. They genuinely have written a judgement which is beautifully simple and easy to follow. In fact, on reading it, it’s pretty clear they couldn’t possibly have found in any other way. Which, I guess, is why, contrary to every single forecast from either side, they’ve were unanimous.

The absence of a written constitution isn’t relevant, however. Our constitution still exists. And, as such, acts can be unconstitutional. And, indeed, unlawful.

Right I’ve just had a quick squint. There’s an interesting little line in there, Lis - ”Unless there is some Parliamentary rule of which we are unaware...”

What are the odds?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Prorogation on 14:43 - Sep 24 with 1191 viewsWarwickHunt

Prorogation on 14:27 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

That ditch is starting to look quite welcoming...
Prorogation on 14:44 - Sep 24 with 1188 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:24 - Sep 24 by Flashberryjack

Fck that! Lord Guthrie needs to get the boys out to take command of all the key locations and do away with a Parliament altogether.

If Christ could throw the money lenders from the Temple then Guthrie can pelt their lackeys in the Thames.

Login to get fewer ads

Prorogation on 14:50 - Sep 24 with 1159 viewsladyjack

Adam's thoughts on the current Boris situation.
Prorogation on 14:56 - Sep 24 with 1144 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:50 - Sep 24 by ladyjack

Adam's thoughts on the current Boris situation.

What are Adam’s thoughts on the misuse of public funds? Does he think they are reason enough to resign?

Prorogation on 14:56 - Sep 24 with 1138 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 14:39 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

Right I’ve just had a quick squint. There’s an interesting little line in there, Lis - ”Unless there is some Parliamentary rule of which we are unaware...”

What are the odds?

That only relates to the Speaker’s ability to recall parliament following their ruling. They go on to say that they were pleased to hear that if he doesn’t have that unfettered ability the PM will do anything necessary to abide by their ruling!

He already has done, there was no such rule. As they knew damn well.

There is absolutely no ambiguity around their ruling that the prorogation was unlawful. Again, I would suggest you read it.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 14:57]
Prorogation on 15:01 - Sep 24 with 1125 viewsladyjack

Bercow speaks
Prorogation on 15:11 - Sep 24 with 1099 viewsFlashberryjack

Prorogation on 15:01 - Sep 24 by ladyjack

Bercow speaks

Another w&nker.

Hello

Prorogation on 15:30 - Sep 24 with 1063 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:56 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

That only relates to the Speaker’s ability to recall parliament following their ruling. They go on to say that they were pleased to hear that if he doesn’t have that unfettered ability the PM will do anything necessary to abide by their ruling!

He already has done, there was no such rule. As they knew damn well.

There is absolutely no ambiguity around their ruling that the prorogation was unlawful. Again, I would suggest you read it.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 14:57]

This enthusiasm you seem to have today, is that coming from a genuine regard for Parliamentary mores or because of the length of the queue now forming to kick Johnson up the arse?

Prorogation on 15:43 - Sep 24 with 1039 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 15:30 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

This enthusiasm you seem to have today, is that coming from a genuine regard for Parliamentary mores or because of the length of the queue now forming to kick Johnson up the arse?

Genuinely pleased that our constitution, tested as rarely tested before, seems to have stood up to abuse. I don’t think it has an effect on brexit one way or the other.

Consider this. If they had ruled that the court had no place in such decisions and Corbyn became PM, there would be NOTHING to stop him using prorogation to suspend parliament to stop the Armed Forces Act (required by 2021 I think) passing the house. As a result, the legislation necessary to allow the armed forces to continue would not be completed and the Army, Navy and Air Force could not be maintained.

Would you be willing to bet that he wouldn’t do that?
Prorogation on 16:02 - Sep 24 with 1016 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 15:43 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Genuinely pleased that our constitution, tested as rarely tested before, seems to have stood up to abuse. I don’t think it has an effect on brexit one way or the other.

Consider this. If they had ruled that the court had no place in such decisions and Corbyn became PM, there would be NOTHING to stop him using prorogation to suspend parliament to stop the Armed Forces Act (required by 2021 I think) passing the house. As a result, the legislation necessary to allow the armed forces to continue would not be completed and the Army, Navy and Air Force could not be maintained.

Leaving Corbyn to one side for the moment I believe that Government should have the power to act when in office. When Parliament reconvenes, resumes, whatever you want to call it do you think we will see anything other than impasse resumed?

Prorogation on 16:09 - Sep 24 with 1006 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 16:02 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

Leaving Corbyn to one side for the moment I believe that Government should have the power to act when in office. When Parliament reconvenes, resumes, whatever you want to call it do you think we will see anything other than impasse resumed?

The government derives its power from parliament which derives its power from the people.

All today’s ruling did was enforce that we are a parliamentary democracy not a plaything of a dictator and a conniving executive.

I’ve no idea what we’ll see. As I said, I don’t think it has much effect on brexit other than it reminds Johnson that he has to go through parliament to achieve whatever it is that can be achieved. That’s pretty important.

And you wouldn’t believe that power existed if it was Corbyn acting like a dictator, so you can’t believe it if it’s anyone else.

I still think we’ll end up with May’s deal. The only caveat is that it’s just possible that we’ll have May’s deal with a referendum attached (which I said I thought possible some time ago). He will try to get Labour support to wipe out the influence of the ERG. Labour have shifted a little though (despite the chaos of their conference). They are now adamantly in favour of a second referendum in a way they weren’t before, which is why they may attempt to attach it. Not sure they have the votes on that to be honest. They probably have the votes on customs union, but I’m not certain Johnson would attach that.
Prorogation on 16:17 - Sep 24 with 981 viewsexiledclaseboy

Prorogation on 16:02 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

The government’s power derives from the legislature. Only Parliament can legislate. Without the legislature the executive can do nothing.

Poll: Tory leader

Prorogation on 16:21 - Sep 24 with 970 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 16:17 - Sep 24 by exiledclaseboy

The government’s power derives from the legislature. Only Parliament can legislate. Without the legislature the executive can do nothing.

So it would seem.

Prorogation on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 953 viewsexiledclaseboy

Prorogation on 16:21 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

So it would seem.

And you’d support that, surely?

Poll: Tory leader

Prorogation on 16:34 - Sep 24 with 936 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 16:28 - Sep 24 by exiledclaseboy

And you’d support that, surely?

It would be a Hell of a stretch for me to paint myself as a supporter of the Westminster system, my hypocrisy only extends so far, and don’t call me Shirley.

Prorogation on 17:12 - Sep 24 with 886 viewsbluey_the_blue

Prorogation on 15:43 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Major suspended to avoid cash for questions furore. Can't recall that being a problem for many people.

Your scenario sadly fails for the simple fact you're one of the few people who might even think there's a chance of that muppet Corbyn getting into power.
Prorogation on 17:13 - Sep 24 with 879 viewsKilkennyjack

Prorogation on 15:01 - Sep 24 by ladyjack

Bercow speaks

Well done Mr Speaker.

Johnson and Mogg must go.

Smash this Tory Brexit.

Beware of the Risen People

Prorogation on 17:16 - Sep 24 with 875 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 17:12 - Sep 24 by bluey_the_blue

Major suspended to avoid cash for questions furore. Can't recall that being a problem for many people.

Your scenario sadly fails for the simple fact you're one of the few people who might even think there's a chance of that muppet Corbyn getting into power.

Whether it’s expected or not is irrelevant. He could do.

And that’s why the scenario doesn’t fail,
Prorogation on 17:25 - Sep 24 with 860 viewsbluey_the_blue

Prorogation on 17:16 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Whether it’s expected or not is irrelevant. He could do.

And that’s why the scenario doesn’t fail,

He could do, if in power. Which will never happen.

Again, this was all obvious after Major prorogued. That wasn't a concern to people.

Doesn't really change much. Leave on Oct 31st still the legal position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024