Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prorogation 10:44 - Sep 24 with 13160 viewswaynekerr55

Illegal. Will Boris resign?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Prorogation on 23:32 - Sep 24 with 1003 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 23:27 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, and that’s why we’re here. As I said.

Many brexiters have already voted against leaving three times now in parliament.

Shit deal Lisa...even as a remainer it was a shit deal. Parliament given a free reign still didn't know what it wanted.
In all honesty, politics can wriggle in its own faeces as far as I'm concerned. More and more it's become the equivalent of Eastenders, Coronation Street etc.
Prorogation on 23:38 - Sep 24 with 998 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 23:32 - Sep 24 by Luther27

Shit deal Lisa...even as a remainer it was a shit deal. Parliament given a free reign still didn't know what it wanted.
In all honesty, politics can wriggle in its own faeces as far as I'm concerned. More and more it's become the equivalent of Eastenders, Coronation Street etc.

It may well be a sh*t deal (there isn’t a deal or no deal for that matter which is better than we have), but it was leaving the EU.

That’s the issue and is why we are where we are. ‘Leave’ was based on a nonsense view of what could be achieved. Reality is different.
Prorogation on 23:39 - Sep 24 with 996 viewsLeonWasGod

Prorogation on 23:32 - Sep 24 by Luther27

Every possible deal is going to look sh*t compared to what we have now.
Prorogation on 23:44 - Sep 24 with 989 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 23:38 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

It may well be a sh*t deal (there isn’t a deal or no deal for that matter which is better than we have), but it was leaving the EU.

That’s the issue and is why we are where we are. ‘Leave’ was based on a nonsense view of what could be achieved. Reality is different.

As a kid I lived this dream when it came to a vote wether we should remain in the Commonwealth or join the Common Market.
Thankfully there was no Fake News cries to jaundice my elders opinion in those days.
Prorogation on 23:48 - Sep 24 with 984 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 23:39 - Sep 24 by LeonWasGod

Every possible deal is going to look sh*t compared to what we have now.

After what's happened the last three years I welcome the next generation to a future of disregarding any majority vote wether it be an election of any sort, and pointing them to the door of a highly paid QC...if you can afford it...to overturn that original outcome.
Prorogation on 00:03 - Sep 25 with 965 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 23:48 - Sep 24 by Luther27

After what's happened the last three years I welcome the next generation to a future of disregarding any majority vote wether it be an election of any sort, and pointing them to the door of a highly paid QC...if you can afford it...to overturn that original outcome.

Lord Pannick did the case for free as it happens.

But your interpretation is skewed anyway.

The court didn’t even attempt to comment on the outcome let alone overturn it.
Prorogation on 00:16 - Sep 25 with 950 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 00:03 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

Lord Pannick did the case for free as it happens.

But your interpretation is skewed anyway.

The court didn’t even attempt to comment on the outcome let alone overturn it.

Point I'm making Lisa is the fact that the result of the referendum has been taken to court in various forms ever since the result was declared.
If John Major was persude with the same vigour, through the courts, regarding proroguing of Parliament, I might feel a little less jaundiced.
Prorogation on 00:48 - Sep 25 with 939 viewsLeonWasGod

It wasn’t disregarded. Article 50 was triggered. We agreed a way of leaving in a measured way that our then PM thought would do least damage to the country. But it was blocked by Brexiteers because there was no consensus on what ‘leave’ meant.

And this court case wasn’t about the result of the referendum. It was simply about establishing weather the executive was breaking the law by preventing our elected representatives from sitting in parliament.
Login to get fewer ads

Prorogation on 01:06 - Sep 25 with 931 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 00:48 - Sep 25 by LeonWasGod

It wasn’t disregarded. Article 50 was triggered. We agreed a way of leaving in a measured way that our then PM thought would do least damage to the country. But it was blocked by Brexiteers because there was no consensus on what ‘leave’ meant.

And this court case wasn’t about the result of the referendum. It was simply about establishing weather the executive was breaking the law by preventing our elected representatives from sitting in parliament.

Come off it, it was blocked by the 'Remainer' MPs in parliament who think they can overturn the result.

The ruling of the Supreme Court has revealed how corrupt our country has become.
This government is being held hostage by 'Remainers' in Parliament who lied to the public at the last General Election and are running shit scared from facing them at another election.
This government is merely trying to deliver what the people voted for.

No law was broken.
It was a political decision by people who have no business in politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Prorogation on 06:26 - Sep 25 with 884 viewswaynekerr55

Prorogation on 01:06 - Sep 25 by Kerouac

Come off it, it was blocked by the 'Remainer' MPs in parliament who think they can overturn the result.

The ruling of the Supreme Court has revealed how corrupt our country has become.
This government is being held hostage by 'Remainers' in Parliament who lied to the public at the last General Election and are running shit scared from facing them at another election.

No law was broken.

K, genuine question. Say this went the other way, what would there be to stop a PM conducting a probation for something else that you didn't agree with?

Prorogation on 06:28 - Sep 25 with 883 viewswaynekerr55

You mention 'highly paid QCs', it's not as if the government had to use legal aid to fund their case, is it?

Prorogation on 07:41 - Sep 25 with 848 viewsmajorraglan

No law was broken.

There are Remainers who have frustrated Brexit, but the Brexiteers in the Conservative party failed to support TM’s agreement which has resulted in the same outcome. They are probably even more guilty and some have voted against it then for it! The problem is no one can agree on what a “good” Brexit looks like.

I agree with you about the ruling of the Supreme Court, it clearly shows that the current government is dishonest and corrupt, the judges have called this correctly. I trust 11 judges (who provided a unanimous verdict) far more than I trust any politician. The government failed to submit any witness statements in support of their case, because nobody wanted to do it perjury.

Nobody, not even the Government is above the law, if you have that then you end up like Zimbabwe and lots of other dictatorships. Johnson was correctly pulled up on this.
Prorogation on 08:27 - Sep 25 with 824 viewsPegojack

No law was broken.

No law was broken?

Sorry, everyone should have called on you for an opinion rather than the highest legal body in the land. Your expertise has been sorely missed.
Prorogation on 08:44 - Sep 25 with 810 viewssherpajacob

Prorogation on 06:28 - Sep 25 by waynekerr55

You mention 'highly paid QCs', it's not as if the government had to use legal aid to fund their case, is it?

Worth mentioning that this government which produced no evidence to support their case in the supreme court. is the same government supposedly negotiating the UK s future with the EU.

Doesn't bode well, does it?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Prorogation on 08:51 - Sep 25 with 802 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus - put that shovel down, you’re sounding like Jango...
Prorogation on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 770 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 08:27 - Sep 25 by Pegojack

No law was broken?

Sorry, everyone should have called on you for an opinion rather than the highest legal body in the land. Your expertise has been sorely missed.

Alright then Pego, please explain which law was broken....don't run away now will you son.

Prorogation on 09:31 - Sep 25 with 767 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 06:28 - Sep 25 by waynekerr55

And pretty shite they were to
Prorogation on 09:32 - Sep 25 with 765 viewsmonmouth

Prorogation on 09:30 - Sep 25 by Kerouac

Alright then Pego, please explain which law was broken....don't run away now will you son.

Read the judgement. You clearly haven’t

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Prorogation on 09:37 - Sep 25 with 759 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 09:32 - Sep 25 by monmouth

You mean that you can't point to the law which was broken...

Prorogation on 09:54 - Sep 25 with 739 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 09:32 - Sep 25 by monmouth

"What is perfectly true is that they have invented a new legal doctrine to achieve that result...."
Have you got that Monmouth, pego and the rest. Can you comprehend.

"...but the result itself is perfectly admirable"

…but they are not playing politics are they.
Anyone who wants political power in a democracy has to stand for election and put themselves, their opinions and their policies before the electorate.

The electorate = the people (necessary to point this out these days as many of you seem confused about this concept..."people's vote" We have had a referendum, a General Election, a European Election and the appointment of a new Prime Minister who is arguing every week for a General Election ASAP )

Good luck in that election 'Remainers', all of your cards are on the table now and the public can see exactly WHO you are and WHAT you are.
Arrogant elitists who abhor democracy as you are revulsed by your fellow citizens.

It is going to be a f*cking landslide, and then the fun starts because your point men in OUR institutions will be removed.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:55]

Prorogation on 09:57 - Sep 25 with 731 viewsPegojack

Prorogation on 09:30 - Sep 25 by Kerouac

You're the one who's running away, buttie, from the truth, just like your darling Boris. Don't try and tie us up in semantics, when the Supreme Court rules (11-0) that the government acted unlawfully, that's good enough for me.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:59]
Prorogation on 10:02 - Sep 25 with 724 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 09:57 - Sep 25 by Pegojack

You're the one who's running away, buttie, from the truth, just like your darling Boris. Don't try and tie us up in semantics, when the Supreme Court rules (11-0) that the government acted unlawfully, that's good enough for me.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:59]

Which law did the government break arsehole?
You should know this as you have got your knickers into quite the twist about it.

If you can't answer that question everybody reading (with an open mind) can draw their own conclusions on whether the Supreme Court was dabbling in politics or not.

After such irresponsibility and disrespect for our constitution and democracy they can expect to be abolished at some point in the future.

Prorogation on 10:06 - Sep 25 with 720 viewsKerouac

In fact, let's not pick on pego, I will open the question up to all the hysterical 'Remainers' on the forum.

WHICH LAW DID THE GOVERNMENT BREAK, ARSEHOLES?

Prorogation on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 713 viewsPegojack

Prorogation on 10:06 - Sep 25 by Kerouac

In fact, let's not pick on pego, I will open the question up to all the hysterical 'Remainers' on the forum.

WHICH LAW DID THE GOVERNMENT BREAK, ARSEHOLES?

You can pick on me all you like, son, jibes from ranting closet nazis don't bother me at all.
Prorogation on 10:17 - Sep 25 with 703 viewsKerouac

Prorogation on 10:12 - Sep 25 by Pegojack

You can pick on me all you like, son, jibes from ranting closet nazis don't bother me at all.

WHICH LAW DID THE GOVERNMENT BREAK, ARSEHOLE?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024