Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Out 21:42 - Nov 29 with 50283 viewsDippy

Cooper Out

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 17:38 - Jan 5 with 3062 views3swan

After all the managerial changes we do need some stability. That only comes if it's the right man. As supporters we need to see what the development plan is and improvement as the season goes on. Sadly we don't see that on the pitch.
Cooper Out on 17:51 - Jan 5 with 3006 viewsSTID2017

Still only 27% ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cooper Out on 17:51 - Jan 5 with 3014 views34dfgdf54

Cooper Out on 17:38 - Jan 5 by 3swan

After all the managerial changes we do need some stability. That only comes if it's the right man. As supporters we need to see what the development plan is and improvement as the season goes on. Sadly we don't see that on the pitch.

Problem is when we are a club with zero ambition at the moment. If we get a manager who looks like he has the quality to implement what you’re saying then he will be looking to go elsewhere to further his career as soon as an opportunity arises. We will not get stability under current owners.
Cooper Out on 18:00 - Jan 5 with 2976 views3swan

Cooper Out on 17:51 - Jan 5 by 34dfgdf54

Problem is when we are a club with zero ambition at the moment. If we get a manager who looks like he has the quality to implement what you’re saying then he will be looking to go elsewhere to further his career as soon as an opportunity arises. We will not get stability under current owners.

Of course he will, you take opportunities when they come. The only way is when a manager loses his job. We don't need a quick fix but do need to see steady improvement in the right direction. Maybe that steady Eddie might not have offers to jump shop within a season.
Cooper Out on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 2841 viewsFlashberryjack

Cooper Out on 17:51 - Jan 5 by 34dfgdf54

At least we need not worry about another club coming in for Cooper, the guy is an absolute dick.
It's not a question of if he'll be sacked, it's a question of when, and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cooper Out on 07:41 - Jan 6 with 2631 viewsTimTtam

Since I bumped the thread 7 days ago, the voting had changed from 18% CooperOut, to 29% CooperOut. Who knows what it'll be this time next week.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper Out on 07:50 - Jan 6 with 2623 viewsdonnybackspin

I can't believe 71% support him.
Cooper Out on 08:47 - Jan 6 with 2551 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cooper Out on 07:50 - Jan 6 by donnybackspin

He'll be gone by the start of next season, I reckon!
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Out on 10:04 - Jan 6 with 2495 viewsBadlands

Fist bumping celebration after Charlton was more likely to be about keeping his job than celebrating the win.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper Out on 10:37 - Jan 6 with 2443 viewsJacket

We can't sack him during the season when we're doing better than under the Messiah did last season. There's more grounds Leeds sacking Bielsa for the abysmal 6 points he's picked up over the past five matches. Those thinking it's a matter of time are deluded, he'll be here until the end of the season for sure, and as long as he's able to be there or there abouts in terms of the playoffs, Birch won't be making any payoff for him.

However, the way he handled yesterday was quite frankly shocking. To make all those changes including a player making his senior debut, and then blame the players for not trying is bang out of order. Was Brandon Cooper not trying?
Cooper Out on 10:42 - Jan 6 with 2429 viewsBryanSwan

Seems a few more are realising that the start of the season was a bit of a fluke/ overlay of Potters tactics when we actually played football.
Cooper has turned us into the most bog standard team in the championship, routinely outplayed by any team with any intent to keep the ball.
He will probably see out the season, but after that he should probably go. (I'd like him out sooner, but cant see it happening unless we lose a fair amount and fans really get on his back)

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cooper Out on 10:45 - Jan 6 with 2417 viewsjasper_T

Cooper Out on 10:37 - Jan 6 by Jacket

We can't sack him during the season when we're doing better than under the Messiah did last season. There's more grounds Leeds sacking Bielsa for the abysmal 6 points he's picked up over the past five matches. Those thinking it's a matter of time are deluded, he'll be here until the end of the season for sure, and as long as he's able to be there or there abouts in terms of the playoffs, Birch won't be making any payoff for him.

However, the way he handled yesterday was quite frankly shocking. To make all those changes including a player making his senior debut, and then blame the players for not trying is bang out of order. Was Brandon Cooper not trying?

We're in no danger of going down this season so he's probably here until October when the "table doesn't lie" people start panicking about how we've been in relegation-battling form for over a year. This window might give him some more excuses as well.

Brandon Cooper made his senior debut against Palace last season. Long wait for round two.
Cooper Out on 10:58 - Jan 6 with 2398 viewsJacket

Cooper Out on 10:45 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

We're in no danger of going down this season so he's probably here until October when the "table doesn't lie" people start panicking about how we've been in relegation-battling form for over a year. This window might give him some more excuses as well.

Brandon Cooper made his senior debut against Palace last season. Long wait for round two.

Of course he did, still a bit early for his commitment to the cause to be called into question.

As far as I'm concerned, and it's easier for me to say as I didn't go to the effort to go down there, the result yesterday isn't really bothering me. It might be awful to watch, but the bottom line is we're back to promotion form in the past five matches - exactly 2 points a game, and Birch is always going to look at the bottom line, when considering whether throwing more money on compo is a good decision.

People point to the relegation form of October and November, it's only right he gets the credit that, on purely a results basis, he's brought us back to promotion form. That's how the money men will look at it in any case.
Cooper Out on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 2369 viewsjasper_T

Cooper Out on 10:58 - Jan 6 by Jacket

Of course he did, still a bit early for his commitment to the cause to be called into question.

As far as I'm concerned, and it's easier for me to say as I didn't go to the effort to go down there, the result yesterday isn't really bothering me. It might be awful to watch, but the bottom line is we're back to promotion form in the past five matches - exactly 2 points a game, and Birch is always going to look at the bottom line, when considering whether throwing more money on compo is a good decision.

People point to the relegation form of October and November, it's only right he gets the credit that, on purely a results basis, he's brought us back to promotion form. That's how the money men will look at it in any case.

We still haven't beaten a team in the top half since August, Cardiff (12th) excepted. 25 points from 20 games, beating newly-promoted Charlton twice, Wigan, Boro and Luton. The last run of 5 games we've had will be the most favourable we get this season, facing bottom-end strugglers in 4 of them (Boro have been on a tear since losing to us but were in the relegation places at the time).
Cooper Out on 11:27 - Jan 6 with 2343 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper Out on 07:50 - Jan 6 by donnybackspin

Suspect it’s more of it’s a very binary choice, imo a change now would not give us anything - we are not either good enough or strong enough to go up & probably have enough about us to stay up so for me it’s more about seeing how things lie both financially & with our owners come the summer.

Cooper has done ok for me, 5/10 if you like, if you’d told me we’d be 6th at the halfway point back in August I’d have wanted to know what you’d been smoking!
Cooper Out on 11:28 - Jan 6 with 2343 viewsJacket

Cooper Out on 11:10 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

We still haven't beaten a team in the top half since August, Cardiff (12th) excepted. 25 points from 20 games, beating newly-promoted Charlton twice, Wigan, Boro and Luton. The last run of 5 games we've had will be the most favourable we get this season, facing bottom-end strugglers in 4 of them (Boro have been on a tear since losing to us but were in the relegation places at the time).

I dunno about that mind, we've got 3 bottom half teams and one team in 12th in the next 5 matches. On paper it's not a bad run of games, and it'll tell us a lot about where we're likely to finish. But with the sale of the club possibly on the cards, they won't want another compo payment on the balance sheet however badly we do between now and the end of the season.
Cooper Out on 16:23 - Jan 6 with 2224 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 10:37 - Jan 6 by Jacket

I'm fairly confident Cooper was referring to Nordfeldt, John, and McKay. And if that is the case, he was justified with his comments.

He needs to be kept on for the rest of the season, but only to stop the run of managers leaving in less than 12 months (5). Next season will be his true test, and if he can't pick up results, he will be rightly sacked. But who knows. He may learn quickly and adapt. The Brentford manager was a goner in the first month or two of his tenure, but turned it around just in time, and now almost 12 months later Brentford are in 3rd position.

My name is Matt

Cooper Out on 16:30 - Jan 6 with 2209 viewsBadlands

Cooper Out on 16:23 - Jan 6 by TimTtam

I'm fairly confident Cooper was referring to Nordfeldt, John, and McKay. And if that is the case, he was justified with his comments.

He needs to be kept on for the rest of the season, but only to stop the run of managers leaving in less than 12 months (5). Next season will be his true test, and if he can't pick up results, he will be rightly sacked. But who knows. He may learn quickly and adapt. The Brentford manager was a goner in the first month or two of his tenure, but turned it around just in time, and now almost 12 months later Brentford are in 3rd position.

I think a lot of fans are coming to the same conclusion over Cooper, he's not improving the team or anyone in it and he's had a decent pre-season and half a season to give some indication of what he's trying to achieve .. anyone got an idea of what that is?
He is also not endearing himself when he takes credit for games won but blames all and sundry for losses and performances like last night.
We went through that with Monk - scraping points with 1 and 0 goal games while lowering the standard to a level successive managers couldn't overcome.
Cooper would gain more support if he accepted his limitations and appealed for patience.

Cooper Out on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsjasper_T

Cooper Out on 16:23 - Jan 6 by TimTtam

You're comparing a guy who delivered after a rough first month or two after taking over mid-season with someone on a 4 month dodgy run, and saying the latter needs at least another 6 months to see if he resembles the former?
Cooper Out on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 2186 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 16:30 - Jan 6 by Badlands

I think a lot of fans are coming to the same conclusion over Cooper, he's not improving the team or anyone in it and he's had a decent pre-season and half a season to give some indication of what he's trying to achieve .. anyone got an idea of what that is?
He is also not endearing himself when he takes credit for games won but blames all and sundry for losses and performances like last night.
We went through that with Monk - scraping points with 1 and 0 goal games while lowering the standard to a level successive managers couldn't overcome.
Cooper would gain more support if he accepted his limitations and appealed for patience.

The general conclusion with Cooper (which I'm starting to accept) is that he's not a great manager, but not terrible. He will do enough to keep us far far away from the relegation zone. But I'd be surprised if we stay near the playoff places.

The issue is that there's no one to replace him. Someone like Hughton couldn't be hired, because he would cost money. It would have to be a cheap as chips option. The only way would be to poach a League 1 manager, but that's a risk in itself.

My name is Matt

Cooper Out on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 2171 viewsQJumpingJack

Cooper Out on 16:48 - Jan 6 by TimTtam

The general conclusion with Cooper (which I'm starting to accept) is that he's not a great manager, but not terrible. He will do enough to keep us far far away from the relegation zone. But I'd be surprised if we stay near the playoff places.

The issue is that there's no one to replace him. Someone like Hughton couldn't be hired, because he would cost money. It would have to be a cheap as chips option. The only way would be to poach a League 1 manager, but that's a risk in itself.

Hughton is being lined up for Birmingham
Cooper Out on 02:59 - Jan 7 with 2088 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 16:46 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

You're comparing a guy who delivered after a rough first month or two after taking over mid-season with someone on a 4 month dodgy run, and saying the latter needs at least another 6 months to see if he resembles the former?

Yes.

Brentford fans were calling for Frank's head early on in his tenure. And again at the start of this season. There's no point replacing Cooper with another cheap option and extending the streak of managers staying for < 12 months to 6. All we can do is stick with him and hope he can turn it around.

My name is Matt

Cooper Out on 10:44 - Jan 7 with 1994 viewsJacket

Cooper Out on 16:46 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

3 month dodgy run. The poor run results wise lasted from 14th of September until 8th/11th of December. Since 11th of Dec, three wins, two draws, one defeat. Our age of entitlement has to end, this trigger happy sacking of managers is costing the club millions and since the sacking of Laudrup, coupled with the dismissal of Guidolin, is what lead to our downfall. The club are in 6th, to not give him until at least October would be ridiculous. This is his first job in management having inhrited a team without a fully functioning mid field. Managers can improve with time. Man U's 90s and 00s domination wouldn't have happened with you lot in charge, not that I'm comparing this managerial novice with a manager who'd already proven his worth by being one of the few Scottish managers to break the Old Firm's domination.
Cooper Out on 14:24 - Jan 7 with 1917 viewsBadlands

Ian Birchnall - continued Potter's work in Sweden under extremely difficult circumstances care of their owner and very dodgy financier.
Cooper is grafting points in the same way as Monk did - luck and individual players.

Cooper Out on 14:41 - Jan 7 with 1892 viewsJacket

Cooper Out on 02:59 - Jan 7 by TimTtam

Yes.

Brentford fans were calling for Frank's head early on in his tenure. And again at the start of this season. There's no point replacing Cooper with another cheap option and extending the streak of managers staying for < 12 months to 6. All we can do is stick with him and hope he can turn it around.

Agree, he's been able to stop the rot at least temporarily results wise, we need to wait to see if he can extend that to performances. He needs to be given a bit of time to do that. He needs to up the game in terms of sharpness of passing and meaningful possession although this is unlikely without a proper defensive midfielder and an increase in training pitch passing exercises. He initially solidified the defence, although this fell well short at West Brom and without Hoorn at Brentford and during Sunday's shite show. He may not end up being the answer but at least give the poor sod a proper crack of the whip.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024