Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Out 21:42 - Nov 29 with 50494 viewsDippy

Cooper Out

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 2550 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 14:41 - Jan 7 by Jacket

Agree, he's been able to stop the rot at least temporarily results wise, we need to wait to see if he can extend that to performances. He needs to be given a bit of time to do that. He needs to up the game in terms of sharpness of passing and meaningful possession although this is unlikely without a proper defensive midfielder and an increase in training pitch passing exercises. He initially solidified the defence, although this fell well short at West Brom and without Hoorn at Brentford and during Sunday's shite show. He may not end up being the answer but at least give the poor sod a proper crack of the whip.

Woodgate at Middlesbrough is the one I should've remembered too.

His first 23 matches went for 4 wins, 9 draws, and 10 losses (22 league pts). He was screwed.

Ever since losing to us, Middlesbrough have:
Beaten Stoke 2-1 in a comeback win
Beaten Huddersfield 1-0
Beaten West Brom away, 2-0
Beaten Preston away, 2-0
Drew 1-1 to Tottenham

Middlesbrough could've easily sacked him after losing to us (or earlier than that), but stuck with him. And it's taken a very long time, but he's getting results. They're 8 points off the playoff places...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper Out on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 2476 viewsblackpooljack

I would say that if Ayew was to leave during this window then there would be only one direction this team would be going in and it aint a top half finish.
Cooper Out on 12:54 - Jan 8 with 2430 viewsBadlands

Cooper Out on 09:42 - Jan 8 by TimTtam

Woodgate at Middlesbrough is the one I should've remembered too.

His first 23 matches went for 4 wins, 9 draws, and 10 losses (22 league pts). He was screwed.

Ever since losing to us, Middlesbrough have:
Beaten Stoke 2-1 in a comeback win
Beaten Huddersfield 1-0
Beaten West Brom away, 2-0
Beaten Preston away, 2-0
Drew 1-1 to Tottenham

Middlesbrough could've easily sacked him after losing to us (or earlier than that), but stuck with him. And it's taken a very long time, but he's getting results. They're 8 points off the playoff places...

If memory serves he was transforming Middlesborough and from what I've read there was a recognisable plan to what he was doing ... same can't be said of Cooper.
Perception is everything and at the moment the perception is moving towards Cooper not being up tp the talk.
As has been said, without Ayew we would be struggling - Cooppe has 11 individuals on the field luckily, for now, we do have one capable of carrying the team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper Out on 12:59 - Jan 8 with 2418 viewsKGriz16

Cooper Out on 11:37 - Jan 8 by blackpooljack

I would say that if Ayew was to leave during this window then there would be only one direction this team would be going in and it aint a top half finish.

People say this with every big player that leaves. It never happens. Ayew left last time, we were more even throughout the team, I'm not suggesting he isn't playing well, or a big player. But it isn't the end of everything!
Cooper Out on 13:04 - Jan 8 with 2406 viewsjasper_T

If Woodgate can sustain it Gibson's faith will have been rewarded. At the moment they're having their "August" and are still below where they would like to be at this stage (though many of their fans expected a tough season under a rookie manager and a suddenly much-younger squad).
Cooper Out on 13:17 - Jan 8 with 2396 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper Out on 12:59 - Jan 8 by KGriz16

People say this with every big player that leaves. It never happens. Ayew left last time, we were more even throughout the team, I'm not suggesting he isn't playing well, or a big player. But it isn't the end of everything!

When Ayew left last time we still had a lot of quality players this time around we'd be left with a side full of dross.
Cooper Out on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 2366 views34dfgdf54

Cooper Out on 12:59 - Jan 8 by KGriz16

He could potentially be forced to start playing out and out wide men which would atleast make us a bit easier on the eye.
Cooper Out on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 2304 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 12:54 - Jan 8 by Badlands

If memory serves he was transforming Middlesborough and from what I've read there was a recognisable plan to what he was doing ... same can't be said of Cooper.
Perception is everything and at the moment the perception is moving towards Cooper not being up tp the talk.
As has been said, without Ayew we would be struggling - Cooppe has 11 individuals on the field luckily, for now, we do have one capable of carrying the team.

You should've seen the posts on the Middlesbrough forum after their loss (and last loss in any competition) to us. At least half wanted Woodgate gone. Many were saying the players were gutless. Also saying they didn't know what Woodgate was planning/what the purpose was. They were convinced he'd lost the plot.

Sound familiar? Cooper says he has a plan (possession football and attacking play), but he's just struggling to bring it to matchdays. He constantly talks about the way we want to play, and he always refers back to that 'plan'. He, like Woodgate, is a rookie and needs time.

We will 100% know by the end of the season whether Cooper is a good or bad manager. He would've had ample time. And if he definitely turns out to be bad, then he will face pressure either in the offseason or start of 2020/21.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Out on 20:34 - Jan 8 with 2234 viewsBadlands

Cooper Out on 16:25 - Jan 8 by TimTtam

You should've seen the posts on the Middlesbrough forum after their loss (and last loss in any competition) to us. At least half wanted Woodgate gone. Many were saying the players were gutless. Also saying they didn't know what Woodgate was planning/what the purpose was. They were convinced he'd lost the plot.

Sound familiar? Cooper says he has a plan (possession football and attacking play), but he's just struggling to bring it to matchdays. He constantly talks about the way we want to play, and he always refers back to that 'plan'. He, like Woodgate, is a rookie and needs time.

We will 100% know by the end of the season whether Cooper is a good or bad manager. He would've had ample time. And if he definitely turns out to be bad, then he will face pressure either in the offseason or start of 2020/21.

At least we have little chance of relegation so staying with Cooper won't be the end of the world.
My concern is we have another monk on our hands
out of his depth
scrapped points to appear successful but slowing destroying out chances.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper Out on 15:44 - Jan 12 with 2130 viewsblackpooljack

Bump.
Cooper Out on 15:57 - Jan 12 with 2074 viewsCooperman

Still a categoric ‘no’ from me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cooper Out on 16:02 - Jan 12 with 2048 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper Out on 15:57 - Jan 12 by Cooperman

Still a categoric ‘no’ from me.

I wouldnt sack him either but would be delighted if he got poached by Locomotive Llanberis.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 16:03]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper Out on 16:03 - Jan 12 with 2043 viewsPacemaker

Trundle mentioned on Sky that Cooper is getting a lot of respect from people in the club and outside but some criticism from a number of fans.

Do some fans have an unrealistic view of what should be happening considering the resources available?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Cooper Out on 16:07 - Jan 12 with 2026 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper Out on 16:03 - Jan 12 by Pacemaker

Trundle mentioned on Sky that Cooper is getting a lot of respect from people in the club and outside but some criticism from a number of fans.

Do some fans have an unrealistic view of what should be happening considering the resources available?

The fans see us play week in week out.

The points tally and position is not bad.

The performances and the way he comes across tactically and body language are uninspiring to say the least.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper Out on 16:08 - Jan 12 with 2025 viewsDarran

Yes but if you watch us on a regular basis I understand some of the concerns.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper Out on 16:13 - Jan 12 with 2001 viewsCooperman

Some fans cannot see or understand the wider picture so there is a degree of criticism that becomes unfair.

However there are also things that are indefensible and we saw one today - the subs or rather the lack of them. There’s also his general lethargic nature within the technical area; to say that he’s passive would be an understatement.

I would be very interested to understand the basis of LT’s comments.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cooper Out on 16:18 - Jan 12 with 1973 viewsOscar10

The manager is doing a fine job especially with the rebuilding that has/ is still happening.
Playoffs are a realistic possibility, and if anyone thinks we should sack Cooper, then they should go and get their head read.
Cooper Out on 16:22 - Jan 12 with 1954 viewsWarwickHunt

Cooper Out on 16:02 - Jan 12 by thornabyswan

I wouldnt sack him either but would be delighted if he got poached by Locomotive Llanberis.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 16:03]

Real Betws are interested.
Cooper Out on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 1882 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper Out on 16:18 - Jan 12 by Oscar10

The manager is doing a fine job especially with the rebuilding that has/ is still happening.
Playoffs are a realistic possibility, and if anyone thinks we should sack Cooper, then they should go and get their head read.

What re-building ? Anybody of any worth is getting sold off and being replaced by frees and loans how is that considered a re-build, unless you think knocking down a house and building a shed is a re-build. Fire sale is more of an apt term. Please tell me one just one player that we have aquired that has improved us and loans dont count. We are a shadow of the team that BR took up a bleedin shadow.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 17:32]
Cooper Out on 17:41 - Jan 12 with 1844 viewsjasper_T

Cooper Out on 17:27 - Jan 12 by blackpooljack

What re-building ? Anybody of any worth is getting sold off and being replaced by frees and loans how is that considered a re-build, unless you think knocking down a house and building a shed is a re-build. Fire sale is more of an apt term. Please tell me one just one player that we have aquired that has improved us and loans dont count. We are a shadow of the team that BR took up a bleedin shadow.

We're rebuilding his old u17s side, on loan.
Cooper Out on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 1826 viewsOneill_77

He certainly has significant goodwill at the Club. Hard working, diligent, everything done at 100 miles an hour.

Unfortunately the outward persona is the polar opposite, which is fodder to the critical fan who understandably only wants the best for the Club, realistic or not.
Cooper Out on 17:49 - Jan 12 with 1812 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper Out on 16:18 - Jan 12 by Oscar10

He may be rebuilding, but he is not improving.
In fact players, tactics and game management are going backwards.
Cooper Out on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 1803 viewsWAFU

Clueless and tactically inept. Out of his depth and it showed today.

COOPER OUT
Cooper Out on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 1785 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper Out on 17:27 - Jan 12 by blackpooljack

The team BR took up is a much better team than the current one, but to be fair BR had a team which had been built and refined over a number of years by Martinez and Sousa.

All things considered, the current teams doing ok, but with a couple of players it could be so much better and a lot further up the table.
Cooper Out on 18:11 - Jan 12 with 1741 viewsOneill_77

Cooper Out on 17:41 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

We're rebuilding his old u17s side, on loan.

IF he can emulate that team's style and performance levels, akin to the way in which Liverpool demolished Everton last week, most of us would be delighted.

It's a big IF in many respects, and of course the challenge would be to create and sustain an ongoing model. Lets hope the Club has the wherewithal to achieve that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024