Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina. 17:40 - Dec 26 with 5208 viewslifelong

WTF had happened to him? Yes, he had a shot on goal that led to the goal, but for the rest of the game he just didn’t seem interested...very disappointed with him.
Celina. on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 1228 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper is the problem, he is another "Manager" that thinks you can take players who are talented in one position and just transplant them elsewhere in the team instead of using the players that should be there.
The best way to destroy talent is to frutrate it instead of nurturing it.
I actually think that he is not even a good coach, let alone a decent manager.
Time will tell, but I am not sure that the team can afford it.
The things that are missing are leadership, confidence, initiative and skill.
All of them are being lost, only Ayew has the experience to work his way through it.
Maybe the other older players like Routs, Dyer and Naughton can also do it, but they don't have any input at the moment.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 15:10]
Celina. on 14:41 - Dec 27 with 1215 viewsjasper_T

Celina. on 14:30 - Dec 27 by jack247

That’s the problem with giving Ayew a free role. You’re relying on Grimes, Byers and Carroll/Fulton to do enough gritty work to compensate for playing your best player in a luxury role. They also need to be slotting into his nominal (wide right?) position when he drifts. If we had a prime Britton and Bodde in the squad, it would be worth a go.

Should be giving Jack Evans a run of games alongside Grimes, simple as that.
Celina. on 15:26 - Dec 27 with 1168 viewsicecoldjack

Celina. on 14:41 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Should be giving Jack Evans a run of games alongside Grimes, simple as that.

Something needs to change for sure, would Coopers type of football help or hinder Jack Evans?

Didn't see Byers make any real contribution until around 40 mins yesterday, it's clearly getting harder for the young players, and as of now I'm not sure if it's because they have maxed out on ability or Cooper isn't getting the best out of them tactically.

What can Jack Evan's bring? genuine question as I dont know enough about him .
Celina. on 15:36 - Dec 27 with 1153 viewsCatullus

Personally I'd be going 442 or 352 with Ayew up front with whoever and Celina in the traditional 10 role.

The 433 just isn't working for us consistently enough. As said, Cooper is forcing square pegs into round holes and it looks to have drained belief and confidence. Not to forget how weak we are as an 11, we need a bit of muscle in midfield, oh for the evil genius who not only could play but he could fight too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Celina. on 15:47 - Dec 27 with 1136 viewsKilkennyjack

Celina. on 15:36 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Personally I'd be going 442 or 352 with Ayew up front with whoever and Celina in the traditional 10 role.

The 433 just isn't working for us consistently enough. As said, Cooper is forcing square pegs into round holes and it looks to have drained belief and confidence. Not to forget how weak we are as an 11, we need a bit of muscle in midfield, oh for the evil genius who not only could play but he could fight too.

Its 4:2:3:1 for me.

Andre up top.
Celina at 10.
Routs and Dyer wide.

Back 4 must include the experience of Kyle and Mikey, plus big Joe.

Two holding centre mids is our problem.
Probably Tom and Grimes are the best we have.

Sadly Fulton, Byers, and Mckay are not good enough for this level.
Borja also.

Beware of the Risen People

Celina. on 15:50 - Dec 27 with 1127 viewsploppy

Celina. on 15:47 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

Its 4:2:3:1 for me.

Andre up top.
Celina at 10.
Routs and Dyer wide.

Back 4 must include the experience of Kyle and Mikey, plus big Joe.

Two holding centre mids is our problem.
Probably Tom and Grimes are the best we have.

Sadly Fulton, Byers, and Mckay are not good enough for this level.
Borja also.

Unfortunately, Tom and Grimes are both very left-footed so playing them alongside each other isn't ideal.
Celina. on 15:53 - Dec 27 with 1123 viewsicecoldjack

Celina. on 15:36 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Fight even more than play! That crazy evil genius !

If he'd have used his head and knuckled down in his recovery he may have a had an exceptional career, I think he would have taken the premier league by storm, seemed to have it all .
Celina. on 15:56 - Dec 27 with 1123 viewsKilkennyjack

Celina. on 15:50 - Dec 27 by ploppy

Unfortunately, Tom and Grimes are both very left-footed so playing them alongside each other isn't ideal.

Good point, and i agree with that.

Still the best option though...?
Needs to be priority 1 in January. Two new centre mids.
Charlton signed Ledley as cover.
We have cover but missing 2 first choice centre mids.

Some of the McBurnie and James money would fix it.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Celina. on 15:59 - Dec 27 with 1118 viewslonglostjack

Celina. on 15:56 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

Good point, and i agree with that.

Still the best option though...?
Needs to be priority 1 in January. Two new centre mids.
Charlton signed Ledley as cover.
We have cover but missing 2 first choice centre mids.

Some of the McBurnie and James money would fix it.

That was ca. £32 m wasn’t it?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Celina. on 16:09 - Dec 27 with 1104 viewsTimTtam

I thought he was better than usual yesterday. He seemed to find space well, especially in the first half when almost no-one else was doing anything. Second half his level dropped slightly, but probably just because everyone else started playing better and got more of the ball.

In general though, he's a luxury player. Someone who has some skill and is willing to take the game on, but not as willing to get physical. We can only afford so many in our team. Celina and Byers can't be on the pitch at the same time; they're both similar.

He should be in the no.10 role, but a 4-3-3 formation doesn't allow that. At the moment we need this new formation so that we can have an extra midfielder to try and stop the rot. Unless Cooper decides to change the formation again, Celina really can only be on the wing.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Celina. on 16:34 - Dec 27 with 1068 viewsploppy

Celina. on 16:09 - Dec 27 by TimTtam

I thought he was better than usual yesterday. He seemed to find space well, especially in the first half when almost no-one else was doing anything. Second half his level dropped slightly, but probably just because everyone else started playing better and got more of the ball.

In general though, he's a luxury player. Someone who has some skill and is willing to take the game on, but not as willing to get physical. We can only afford so many in our team. Celina and Byers can't be on the pitch at the same time; they're both similar.

He should be in the no.10 role, but a 4-3-3 formation doesn't allow that. At the moment we need this new formation so that we can have an extra midfielder to try and stop the rot. Unless Cooper decides to change the formation again, Celina really can only be on the wing.

We can argue on here as much as we like, but neither Potter nor Cooper were/are happy playing Celina in the 10 role. I don't suppose either of them think he's a natural left-winger, it's just a case of: we have to play him somewhere. A bit like Sigurdsson.
Celina. on 16:50 - Dec 27 with 1039 viewsjasper_T

Celina. on 15:26 - Dec 27 by icecoldjack

Something needs to change for sure, would Coopers type of football help or hinder Jack Evans?

Didn't see Byers make any real contribution until around 40 mins yesterday, it's clearly getting harder for the young players, and as of now I'm not sure if it's because they have maxed out on ability or Cooper isn't getting the best out of them tactically.

What can Jack Evan's bring? genuine question as I dont know enough about him .

He'd firm up the midfield, for sure. Defends/covers space really well, likes a tackle, good size. Neat and tidy in possession and capable of the odd cutting pass. Not flash, won't get many goals out of him, but did an extremely important job for the u23s when they were at their most-successful, and was badly missed last season.

Likes a cynical booking as Leon did as well. Knows when to pull a shirt or have a wrestle to help the team. Fans would love him if he's able to adapt to the higher pace and quality.
Celina. on 16:56 - Dec 27 with 1026 views34dfgdf54

Celina. on 16:50 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

He'd firm up the midfield, for sure. Defends/covers space really well, likes a tackle, good size. Neat and tidy in possession and capable of the odd cutting pass. Not flash, won't get many goals out of him, but did an extremely important job for the u23s when they were at their most-successful, and was badly missed last season.

Likes a cynical booking as Leon did as well. Knows when to pull a shirt or have a wrestle to help the team. Fans would love him if he's able to adapt to the higher pace and quality.

The exact player we need.

Whether he’s good enough at this level we will need to see but he’s surely worth a go.
Celina. on 17:20 - Dec 27 with 993 viewsjack247

Get him in then. Right footed?

I do tend to agree that a player like that would get the best out of Grimes.
Celina. on 19:19 - Dec 27 with 907 viewsbuilthjack

Cooper is ruining him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Celina. on 19:42 - Dec 27 with 902 viewsjack247

Celina. on 19:19 - Dec 27 by builthjack

Cooper is ruining him.

He is. Most of the time Celina receives the ball (when playing on the left), it’s either tight to the touch line and a long way from goal, or if it’s further up, it’s taken so long to get to him, he’s boxed into a small space with a right back, right sided centre back and a midfielder in close proximity. Surridge makes runs for him and Bidwell goes outside him when he can, but Celina rarely has many options.
Celina. on 22:02 - Dec 27 with 815 viewsswancity

Celina. on 19:19 - Dec 27 by builthjack

Cooper is ruining him.

He needs to get back to basics. He needs to work much harder for the team, with and without the ball. He’s talented but he’s not good enough to start thinking that he’s a luxury player and the modern game doesn’t really allow for this anyway.

He’s been playing international football and on his return hasn’t got back up to speed. It’s partly an attitude issue with him and partly he’s jaded. But he’s only 23 and really does need to knuckle down again, show what he can do as you get the feeling with him that he thinks he’s better than he is. Good players turn it on week in week out, not every half dozen games. He needs to spend a few weeks watching and training with Ronaldo and see what real application consists of.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Celina. on 09:18 - Dec 28 with 676 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina. on 22:02 - Dec 27 by swancity

He needs to get back to basics. He needs to work much harder for the team, with and without the ball. He’s talented but he’s not good enough to start thinking that he’s a luxury player and the modern game doesn’t really allow for this anyway.

He’s been playing international football and on his return hasn’t got back up to speed. It’s partly an attitude issue with him and partly he’s jaded. But he’s only 23 and really does need to knuckle down again, show what he can do as you get the feeling with him that he thinks he’s better than he is. Good players turn it on week in week out, not every half dozen games. He needs to spend a few weeks watching and training with Ronaldo and see what real application consists of.

Cheers for that Pep

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina. on 17:28 - Dec 28 with 595 viewsswancity

Celina. on 09:18 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Cheers for that Pep

No prob Kevin Cullis 😂😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Celina. on 18:19 - Dec 28 with 566 viewsicecoldjack

That's exactly what we need, hope he gets a start .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024