Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina. 17:40 - Dec 26 with 5209 viewslifelong

WTF had happened to him? Yes, he had a shot on goal that led to the goal, but for the rest of the game he just didn’t seem interested...very disappointed with him.
Celina. on 18:52 - Dec 26 with 1340 viewsploppy

For all his talent, he sometimes just doesn't do the basics - like controlling a simple pass from a teammate. How many times have you seen the ball run under or over his foot? He may be thinking one move ahead, but unless you control the ball first it's pointless. And what's with the stupid chipped passes like the one he gave against Luton that went straight out of play?
Celina. on 19:00 - Dec 26 with 1305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina. on 18:41 - Dec 26 by sainthelens

How the fck can you possibly know that ?

He doesn’t . He’s just making sh*t up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina. on 19:13 - Dec 26 with 1273 viewsGaz_M

One of few decent performers today.
Celina. on 19:26 - Dec 26 with 1246 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina. on 18:27 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

He should be at 10, and Byers dropped immediately, I know that’s probably hard for you to hear though about George.

Grimes and I’d personally give Jack Evans a go in behind him then. There’s no point playing Celina on the wing.

If we have VDH back I wouldn’t hesitate to give Jack Evans a few starts. Grimes to the bench (yes even though he’s captain) and Carroll in for Byers (Byers out of the match day squad) with Celina restored to 10. Ayew is a free spirit so I’d start him on the right with Kalulu on the left . Borja up top for me , he needs service which hopefully this formation will provide him with.

If I was Celina my head would drop having Byers starting in my preferred role. Carroll has looked good so needs a run of games to really get up to speed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina. on 19:34 - Dec 26 with 1250 viewsLeonWasGod

Cooper I expect.

He’s been poor all season (as have others who had good seasons last year).
Celina. on 19:39 - Dec 26 with 1236 viewsploppy

Celina. on 19:26 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

If we have VDH back I wouldn’t hesitate to give Jack Evans a few starts. Grimes to the bench (yes even though he’s captain) and Carroll in for Byers (Byers out of the match day squad) with Celina restored to 10. Ayew is a free spirit so I’d start him on the right with Kalulu on the left . Borja up top for me , he needs service which hopefully this formation will provide him with.

If I was Celina my head would drop having Byers starting in my preferred role. Carroll has looked good so needs a run of games to really get up to speed.

Byers was quite deep at times today. He even went for, and won, a 50/50 - yes, I was surprised too. Celina would never attempt, let alone win, a 50/50. Be careful what you wish for.
Celina. on 19:40 - Dec 26 with 1232 views34dfgdf54

Celina. on 19:26 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I would give Borja a run of games aswell now, hoping we can get Brewster in as are really short of pace up front and out wide.

May only be a really small issue and maybe I’m making way too much of it, but I think it makes a difference when you have two left footed players sitting in midfield. Especially when they are as one footed as Carroll and Grimes.
Celina. on 19:48 - Dec 26 with 1221 viewsploppy

Celina. on 19:40 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

I would give Borja a run of games aswell now, hoping we can get Brewster in as are really short of pace up front and out wide.

May only be a really small issue and maybe I’m making way too much of it, but I think it makes a difference when you have two left footed players sitting in midfield. Especially when they are as one footed as Carroll and Grimes.

Grimes's one-footedness is starting to really annoy me - because he seems to get in such a tangle at times, especially when he's under pressure and the ball comes to his wrong foot. Carroll not so much because he plays a slightly different role.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina. on 19:57 - Dec 26 with 1202 viewsicecoldjack

I think that Tom has been an awful signing for us but last couple of games it's clear to me that he's our best option in midfield .

This league should be a level he can prosper in given the right playing environment, this is where I think Cooper will fook it up .
Celina. on 19:57 - Dec 26 with 1202 viewsjack247

If you get a creative ball player and stick him on the left with no pace or clever movement around him, he’s going to struggle. Cooper doesn’t play him in his natural position, but even if he did, we don’t have the players in the squad to get the best out of his talents.

No offence to anyone, but it’s much easier for a player like that to shine as a #10 with Dan James outside him than it is on the left with Boswell overlapping.
Celina. on 20:00 - Dec 26 with 1193 viewsjasper_T

Celina. on 18:27 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

He should be at 10, and Byers dropped immediately, I know that’s probably hard for you to hear though about George.

Grimes and I’d personally give Jack Evans a go in behind him then. There’s no point playing Celina on the wing.

I'd drop both of them. Byers was never a natural fit for the role he's been playing for the last 12 months. Both have struggled to meet last season's standards in the various positions they've played this season.
Celina. on 20:10 - Dec 26 with 1186 viewsDr_Winston

Celina. on 18:21 - Dec 26 by monmouth

The thing is though, we've seen that talent, actually seen it, so it's not a mirage. Byers has never got close to the talent needed for those goals against Ipswich and Man City (what confidence that took, after his penalty shambles a few days before). A good coaching team would be trying to draw that out, rather than playing him in a marginal role where he looks completely done, and playing a complete nothing in the midfield instead.

Will he make it? I share your doubts. Most likely he will go down the leaguesrather than up, but we should be giving him the chance to grow into a central player for us. Byers has had, what, 15 to 20 games to show us that he is palpably shit in a critical positionl it's time to give someone else the same chance.

McKay should be getting games ahead of Byers, never mind Celina.

Seems that Cooper has his favourites and will play them regardless of how superior the alternatives are. See also Roberts/Naughton.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina. on 20:33 - Dec 26 with 1141 views34dfgdf54

Celina. on 20:00 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

I'd drop both of them. Byers was never a natural fit for the role he's been playing for the last 12 months. Both have struggled to meet last season's standards in the various positions they've played this season.

Yeah agree with that. Not sure Byers will ever be up to it at this level though, too slow in thought and mind and is not a youngster anymore. Fingers crossed he starts to prove me wrong sooner rather than later though because we are woefully short in midfield and with Evans yet to be offered a contract, it’s starting to look like he won’t be given his chance which is a shame. Carroll will also most likely go in the summer aswell
Celina. on 11:30 - Dec 27 with 941 viewsCopaMundial

As I said in the match day thread, Celina has got Tourette’s of the feet, does a step over when there’s nobody within twenty yards of him.
Celina. on 11:47 - Dec 27 with 931 viewsJacket

He has his faults, not least being played out of position and only having fleeting influence on games. As to why he's supposedly overrated, I'd imagine it's because he's the best player we've signed in the past two seasons. Name me one better player we've signed?

And as I'm on signings we've made, Bidwell is the most overrated as far as the manager is concerned. He seems to get away with it on here as everyone has it in for Roberts, but he offers literally nothing going forward. How many decent crosses has he made? Even when you put him up against Roberts he falls well short.
Celina. on 12:50 - Dec 27 with 870 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Celina. on 20:10 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

McKay should be getting games ahead of Byers, never mind Celina.

Seems that Cooper has his favourites and will play them regardless of how superior the alternatives are. See also Roberts/Naughton.

Naughton is under used. He can play both sides as a fullback and can play DM. Has buckets of experience at a higher level. I know many hate him but he’s better than Bidwell and Roberts.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Celina. on 13:04 - Dec 27 with 850 viewsmonmouth

Celina. on 11:47 - Dec 27 by Jacket

He has his faults, not least being played out of position and only having fleeting influence on games. As to why he's supposedly overrated, I'd imagine it's because he's the best player we've signed in the past two seasons. Name me one better player we've signed?

And as I'm on signings we've made, Bidwell is the most overrated as far as the manager is concerned. He seems to get away with it on here as everyone has it in for Roberts, but he offers literally nothing going forward. How many decent crosses has he made? Even when you put him up against Roberts he falls well short.

Didn't Bidwell have the best crossing assist stats in the division last season or something?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Celina. on 13:10 - Dec 27 with 832 viewsDr_Winston

Celina. on 12:50 - Dec 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Naughton is under used. He can play both sides as a fullback and can play DM. Has buckets of experience at a higher level. I know many hate him but he’s better than Bidwell and Roberts.

Think most people understand that barring the odd pocket of insanity and Cooper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina. on 13:15 - Dec 27 with 821 viewsperplex

He is scared to tackle and weary of contact, however the guy has skill and can be a match winner, the problem is having lightweights like Carroll and Byers playing along side him in midfield, until these owners of ours invest in a couple of strong tackling ball playing midfielders which obviously is not going to happen were fcuked, against Brentford apart from Grimes we had a midfield consisting of players who actually fear strong physical contact, and you certainly can not coach bravery into players like that.
Celina. on 13:41 - Dec 27 with 796 viewsdobjack2

Celina. on 13:15 - Dec 27 by perplex

He is scared to tackle and weary of contact, however the guy has skill and can be a match winner, the problem is having lightweights like Carroll and Byers playing along side him in midfield, until these owners of ours invest in a couple of strong tackling ball playing midfielders which obviously is not going to happen were fcuked, against Brentford apart from Grimes we had a midfield consisting of players who actually fear strong physical contact, and you certainly can not coach bravery into players like that.

Yep - you can carry one player as an attacking midfielder as long as others do the less glamorous work. Balance of midfield has been wrong for years but our recruitment seems to have concentrated on bringing in indifferent wingers.
Celina. on 14:14 - Dec 27 with 754 viewsJacket

Celina. on 13:04 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Didn't Bidwell have the best crossing assist stats in the division last season or something?

He sure as hell doesn't this season!
Celina. on 14:16 - Dec 27 with 750 viewsBadlands

Celina. on 18:05 - Dec 26 by monmouth

He's lost all heart by the look of him. Cooper should be expecting more and building his confidence. He should be an important playert for us. For whatever reason we are seeing the absolute opposite.

We are a mediocre mid range championship team now with a mediocre run of the mill manager, at best. A couple of bad decisions and it'll get much worse, a couple of good ones it'll get better. I don't really know what the good ones are as any player acquisition causes the usual enormous risk.

Even without new players, I can't see how simply jettisoning Byers and Roberts for the next 10 matches and playing McKay (or Routs or Celina centrally) and Naughton could be in any way a bad decision though.

On the pitch we just look weak. Whether that is lack of courage or belief in the team I don't know, but we looked ok and reasonably comfortable for 10 mins today (as I thought we did at WBA) and then soft goal, followed by simple goal, and it all turns to shit. Weak. As. Piss. That's why we're a topped out mid table team the way we are now. We were spoiled before, this is the ghost of Christmas present.

I don't think Cooper has what it takes to build confidence.
He has been used to taking players, coaching patterns and picking a team. Players confident or broken went back to their teams or back to their parents and he filled their jerseys with new names.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Celina. on 14:18 - Dec 27 with 747 viewsJacket

Celina. on 13:10 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Think most people understand that barring the odd pocket of insanity and Cooper.

Thought we paid to much to get him here and wasn't up to it in the Prem, but he's the best fullback we now have.
Celina. on 14:30 - Dec 27 with 724 viewsjack247

Celina. on 13:41 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

Yep - you can carry one player as an attacking midfielder as long as others do the less glamorous work. Balance of midfield has been wrong for years but our recruitment seems to have concentrated on bringing in indifferent wingers.

That’s the problem with giving Ayew a free role. You’re relying on Grimes, Byers and Carroll/Fulton to do enough gritty work to compensate for playing your best player in a luxury role. They also need to be slotting into his nominal (wide right?) position when he drifts. If we had a prime Britton and Bodde in the squad, it would be worth a go.
Celina. on 14:34 - Dec 27 with 716 viewsLeonWasGod

Celina. on 14:14 - Dec 27 by Jacket

He sure as hell doesn't this season!

True, but he’s got a pretty good left foot and has whipped in some great crosses. It’s just a shame that there’s no understanding on that side of the pitch. I’ve lost count of the times we’ve been exposed down that side when Bidwell gets forward. That’s a team issue not all down to Bidwell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024