Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch’s programme notes 12:09 - Dec 29 with 23128 viewsmarchamjack

Can’t do the linky thing on my phone...thanks in advance to whoever puts them up...if anyone is still in any doubt about Trev being a puppet of the Yanks, have a read 😐

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Birch’s programme notes on 10:46 - Dec 30 with 1610 viewsmonmouth

Birch’s programme notes on 10:21 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

In which case current FY gets compared to last FY and the year before that. There are some fundamental questions that can be asked even if you don’t have the first idea about accounting practices.

The cash flows would be more interesting than the accounts. Forget profit, follow the money is an essential axiom for football clubs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch’s programme notes on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 1608 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 10:08 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

Oh my god, you think HMRC is in on it to?

You think our owners are kosher?
Birch’s programme notes on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 1599 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 10:46 - Dec 30 by monmouth

The cash flows would be more interesting than the accounts. Forget profit, follow the money is an essential axiom for football clubs.

Aye, even a highly profitable business can go to the wall if it runs out of cash.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Birch’s programme notes on 10:50 - Dec 30 with 1594 viewsSwanDownUnder

Birch’s programme notes on 10:47 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

You think our owners are kosher?

No idea if they are Jewish, what are you suggesting?
Birch’s programme notes on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 1566 viewsHighjack

Birch’s programme notes on 10:50 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

They are jewish. Not that it’s relevant.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Birch’s programme notes on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 1571 viewsKGriz16

So, does taking down the tiers of the academy mean we stop producing players and having an academy? Or just we wont be playing at a higher level?
Birch’s programme notes on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 1571 viewsUxbridge

Birch’s programme notes on 10:46 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Not least one where we have £20m less each year as parachute payments reduce to nowt the season after next. As anyone who reads the Trust monthy board minutes (very popular I'm sure), cashflow has historically been the area of most interest and concern.

Not that there's any evidence of money being syphoned off, although usual caveats apply regarding levels of visibility and ability to act against it. We have absentee owners in essence, which isn't good in some ways, but less bad in others. In that scenario, self-sufficiency is imperative.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Birch’s programme notes on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 1568 viewsNotLoyal

Birch’s programme notes on 09:24 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

The accounts are due out soon. What will happen if they show that no money has been syphoned out of the club at all?

At this point it will show how corrupt they are as it’s blatantly obvious the figures in outweighs the figures out by millions. Same as when they bought the club and have run matters since. Even fcking Neil McClure and his sidekick idiot we’re more transparent than this lot and they were as unethical as you can get.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Birch’s programme notes on 10:58 - Dec 30 with 1556 viewsHighjack

Birch’s programme notes on 10:57 - Dec 30 by KGriz16

So, does taking down the tiers of the academy mean we stop producing players and having an academy? Or just we wont be playing at a higher level?

It’ll become harder to attract the most promising youngsters.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Birch’s programme notes on 11:00 - Dec 30 with 1561 viewslonglostjack

Birch’s programme notes on 10:17 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

You know Stuart already has access to this right?

Access to detailed management accounts, with emphasis on the word detailed? That was the issue. I very much doubt whether he has and I wonder why not?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 11:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Birch’s programme notes on 11:10 - Dec 30 with 1527 viewsHighjack

Birch’s programme notes on 11:00 - Dec 30 by longlostjack

Access to detailed management accounts, with emphasis on the word detailed? That was the issue. I very much doubt whether he has and I wonder why not?

It’s inconceivable that he won’t get a full copy. Obviously certain parts will need to be redacted for confidentiality and legal reasons.

Birch’s programme notes on 11:10 - Dec 30 with 1533 viewsUxbridge

Birch’s programme notes on 11:00 - Dec 30 by longlostjack

Detailed is a word in the eye of the beholder somewhat, but they are received monthly and they are relatively detailed in fairness.

Birch’s programme notes on 11:11 - Dec 30 with 1527 viewsFireboy2

Birch’s programme notes on 10:50 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

Stop being pedantic, you know what i mean.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:12 - Dec 30 with 1525 viewsIAN05

Birch’s programme notes on 10:57 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

Not least one where we have £20m less each year as parachute payments reduce to nowt the season after next. As anyone who reads the Trust monthy board minutes (very popular I'm sure), cashflow has historically been the area of most interest and concern.

Not that there's any evidence of money being syphoned off, although usual caveats apply regarding levels of visibility and ability to act against it. We have absentee owners in essence, which isn't good in some ways, but less bad in others. In that scenario, self-sufficiency is imperative.

In fairness the board meeting minutes are not that easy to find and haven’t been updated since August’s meeting so difficult to keep track on anything really.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:13 - Dec 30 with 1521 viewsDr_Winston

Birch’s programme notes on 11:10 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

Detailed is a word in the eye of the beholder somewhat, but they are received monthly and they are relatively detailed in fairness.

Is there a bit that says:

"£10m in management payments that we won't tell the Trust or HMRC about"?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Birch’s programme notes on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 1520 viewslonglostjack

Really? I recall Lisa mentioning in one of her posts that they weren't detailed enough and that they weren't being submitted promptly.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Birch’s programme notes on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 1507 viewsmonmouth

Personally I'd be more interested in the future projections and scenario modelling, and of course as we said the short, medium and longer term cash budgets. I'd want every penny of anticipated cash receipts and payments accounted for (even though it will regularly need updating....doubt anyone expected the millions for DJ and OMcB), as well as actual, which presumably is part of the management accounts.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch’s programme notes on 11:19 - Dec 30 with 1502 viewsChief

Birch’s programme notes on 08:10 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

Your not a season ticket holder then?

I've been a season ticket holder for a decade but they can stick their free drink with union jack motif glasses up their arsss.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Birch’s programme notes on 11:25 - Dec 30 with 1484 viewsjack247

We’ll still have an academy. We just won’t be able to attract the best young players (James, McBurnie etc) and make massive profit on them. Also goes for the likes of Byers and Garrick who may never go for £20m, but can play in the Championship.

I’m not sure how it would affect local lads like Rodon and Roberts, i.e. would players of their potential have been poached by a club with a category A academy if we hadn’t had one, or would we have kept hold of them.

Ben Davies and Joe Allen came through without it.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:29 - Dec 30 with 1472 viewstheloneranger

The main thing will be, is that they have a va!uable piece of land to sell off in Landore.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Birch’s programme notes on 11:33 - Dec 30 with 1460 viewsjack247

Birch’s programme notes on 09:48 - Dec 30 by Neath_Jack

Can't see anything wrong with it myself.

There is no money, and we are getting less income every season. Do some of you really want them to gamble with the clubs very existence? Let's hope they can find a way to fund the Cat 1 academy without putting us further down shite street.

Yeah the buying pints thing is trying to get the fans on side, and hopefully renew their season tickers, again, nothing wrong in that. We need as many people coming through those gates as possible. Those who are pouting about not being in the premier league, not buying players etc, are only going to make the situation worse by not turning up.

We all know the owners are only interested in cutting their loses and getting out of dodge. They'll obviously want those loses to be as little as possible, so will need to stabilise the club to make it even slightly attractive to perspective buyers.

What do people expect Birch to do? He's got a job to do, whilst trying to keep the fans onside.

That’s a very good post to be fair.

Birch is very good at presenting himself as open and transparent whilst being completely non commital to more or less anything.

They don’t help themselves (not that supporter advocacy is top of their list anyway) by stating we weren’t financially desperate after selling James, then selling McBurnie and then hinting the academy is at risk.
Birch’s programme notes on 11:34 - Dec 30 with 1452 viewsUxbridge

Birch’s programme notes on 11:12 - Dec 30 by IAN05

In fairness the board meeting minutes are not that easy to find and haven’t been updated since August’s meeting so difficult to keep track on anything really.

I shall have a word 👍

Birch’s programme notes on 12:10 - Dec 30 with 1405 viewsCooperman

Birch’s programme notes on 11:12 - Dec 30 by IAN05

If your statement re the minutes is correct (and I am certainly not challenging you on this) then the person responsible for this task should stand down immediately. And if the responsible person trots out the line of ‘personal commitments’ then the same comment applies.

Phil / Ux / ECB - who is responsible? Person in charge of comms? The secretary?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Birch’s programme notes on 12:32 - Dec 30 with 1377 viewsexiledclaseboy

Birch’s programme notes on 12:10 - Dec 30 by Cooperman

If your statement re the minutes is correct (and I am certainly not challenging you on this) then the person responsible for this task should stand down immediately. And if the responsible person trots out the line of ‘personal commitments’ then the same comment applies.

Phil / Ux / ECB - who is responsible? Person in charge of comms? The secretary?

Hadn’t realised they’ve not been updated. Will be sorted.

Poll: Tory leader

Birch’s programme notes on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1343 viewsjasper_T

Birch’s programme notes on 11:25 - Dec 30 by jack247

We’ll still have an academy. We just won’t be able to attract the best young players (James, McBurnie etc) and make massive profit on them. Also goes for the likes of Byers and Garrick who may never go for £20m, but can play in the Championship.

I’m not sure how it would affect local lads like Rodon and Roberts, i.e. would players of their potential have been poached by a club with a category A academy if we hadn’t had one, or would we have kept hold of them.

Ben Davies and Joe Allen came through without it.

Joe Rodon and Connor Roberts were both professionals here before we were Cat 1. Connor had played a full season at Yeovil by that point iirc.

Jordon Garrick was playing non-league, no reason we couldn't still bring him in. Financial impediments to recruitment already exist independent of status, we can't spent six--figure fees on Scotsmen like we did before.

Our recruitment saw a number of talented local players forced out of the club, who may well have done a job for us had we not been in the PL at the time (Josh Sheehan, Lewis Thomas, Liam Shephard).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024