Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Dear... 11:41 - Dec 30 with 5794 viewsTimTtam

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-liverpoo

Steve Cooper has reiterated that Swansea City will not be making any signings in the January transfer window, despite reports claiming that they were on the brink of securing a loan deal for Liverpool's Rhian Brewster.

But speaking after the stalemate with Gerhard Struber's men, Cooper once again stated that his side were not going to bring any players in next month.

"No update, apart from, it's common knowledge that there's no money," he said on Brewster. "Until such time that changes, in terms of personnel, I won't think about it but we won't be bringing anyone in."

No signings. None permanent, or on loan. None.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Oh Dear... on 13:19 - Dec 30 with 1755 viewsthornabyswan

Oh Dear... on 13:11 - Dec 30 by sainthelens

Sums up the state we are in. Make a statement like that then advertise season tickets for next year. Couldn't make it up.

That statement will have come from mounting frustration.
He is taking most of the flack and its not all his fault.

The Yanks get Birch to spin it how they want.
Birch put Leon in for a bit more protection

Whilst Cooper is hung out to dry.

My guess is he is lashing out a bit.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oh Dear... on 13:29 - Dec 30 with 1725 viewsNotLoyal

Oh Dear... on 12:35 - Dec 30 by Highjack

The stupid thing is last time we were in this division we finished third playing great football, dominating teams and scoring lots of goals with a squad mainly built on free or cheap transfers. Those players are still out there, we just can’t be arsed to look for them anymore.

The looked after life the likes of Britton is used to and his clear inability to have the first idea how to bring in players or manage a strategy for recruitment means we won’t get anywhere with him and Birch at the helm.
Thick as ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oh Dear... on 13:55 - Dec 30 with 1676 viewsmagicdaps10

Soooooo, remind me why we employed Andy Scott.

For those who have defended the yanks, hang your heads.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oh Dear... on 14:08 - Dec 30 with 1647 viewssainthelens

Oh Dear... on 13:19 - Dec 30 by thornabyswan

He had the re mit when he was given the job. He knew no money was gonna be spent, he can't go crying about it now we are being found out. Where we are in the table nothing short of remarkable considering, but luckily this league is crap so wer getting away with it.
Oh Dear... on 14:14 - Dec 30 with 1641 viewsthornabyswan

Oh Dear... on 14:08 - Dec 30 by sainthelens

He had the re mit when he was given the job. He knew no money was gonna be spent, he can't go crying about it now we are being found out. Where we are in the table nothing short of remarkable considering, but luckily this league is crap so wer getting away with it.

Did well for the first 6 games but you could argue that the players were still playing more to the Potter style then.

Since then we have picked up 22 points from 19 games.

What happens next season as the squad is depleted further.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 14:16]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Oh Dear... on 14:23 - Dec 30 with 1616 views34dfgdf54

Oh Dear... on 13:19 - Dec 30 by thornabyswan

Probably accurate.

He is taking flak from all angles, from people including me, but Birch etc gets a way with it because he bought a few pints. It’s sickening really.

This club is will move forward when the Americans are no longer here. I want Birch to earn his coin and find a buyer and quick, I’d personally hope a trust court case won’t hamper this as we are being shafted from the top down.
Oh Dear... on 14:26 - Dec 30 with 1608 viewsthornabyswan

Oh Dear... on 14:23 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Probably accurate.

He is taking flak from all angles, from people including me, but Birch etc gets a way with it because he bought a few pints. It’s sickening really.

This club is will move forward when the Americans are no longer here. I want Birch to earn his coin and find a buyer and quick, I’d personally hope a trust court case won’t hamper this as we are being shafted from the top down.

Yes agree with all that.

But there is no guarantee the new owners will be any better than the yanks.

Maybe far worse all we can do is hope for the best.

Oh Dear... on 14:51 - Dec 30 with 1565 viewsCatullus

Oh Dear... on 12:48 - Dec 30 by Whiterockin

Last time we had a style and structure in place to develop and go forward. We brought players in to fit the recognised style we had and it was a seamless transition.

Now we a just a mess from top to bottom, board, manger, players and even the trust. People are saying we are only a couple of players short of a promotion push. So what if we managed to get into the play offs, we certainly wont be top two, and somehow fluked promotion. Does anyone really believe that we would do anything but come back down with bigger dept. The mess at the club needs to be sorted out before realistically we can move forward.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 12:54]

Thing is, if we somehow went up, didn't invest and came straight back down(or do a Cardiff as some like to say) we wouldn't have extra debt and 2 more years of parachute payments. The owners would love it. We'd probably break relegation records though, even Derby's.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Dear... on 15:03 - Dec 30 with 1527 viewsjackal

Oh Dear... on 12:11 - Dec 30 by Swanjaxs

The sooner everyone realises the Americans have been royally bumming us from day one the better 👍

I think most of us have known this for a long time.

I suppose even the Yank supporters are now hearing the penny drop.

Just waiting for them to get Ayew of the payroll in January.
Oh Dear... on 15:06 - Dec 30 with 1520 views34dfgdf54

Oh Dear... on 14:26 - Dec 30 by thornabyswan

Yes agree with all that.

But there is no guarantee the new owners will be any better than the yanks.

Maybe far worse all we can do is hope for the best.

I’m sure Birch had a good CV when it comes to clubs getting new owners so fingers crossed he starts earning some of his coin.
Oh Dear... on 20:01 - Dec 30 with 1326 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well if we think that Cooper is not motivating the team, maybe he's pretty demotivated himself.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Oh Dear... on 20:26 - Dec 30 with 1284 viewsWingstandwood

Oh Dear... on 13:55 - Dec 30 by magicdaps10

Soooooo, remind me why we employed Andy Scott.

For those who have defended the yanks, hang your heads.

Aye, remember bygone times when Jenkins boot-lickers took a "better the devil you know" line. Apparently according to some the club could only survive with Jenkins input.

Remember how some thought it was sound practice to have a Trojan-horse impostor come failed roofing supplies businessman relentlessly waste tens upon tens of millions of Pounds.

So surreal to think that the club became a footballing equivalent of 'This Is Spinal Tap' i.e. a guy from a Upvc guttering, Marley tile and lead valley roll background self appointing himself D.o.F in the Premier League of all places.

Argus!

Oh Dear... on 20:32 - Dec 30 with 1270 viewsJFSwan

Last time around we had a specific style of play that many teams couldn't deal with.

We also had a prolific Scott Sinclair and the January addition of Fabio Borini
Oh Dear... on 20:33 - Dec 30 with 1265 viewsmonmouth

Oh Dear... on 14:23 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Probably accurate.

No. Cooper is getting nowhere near the besr from the players he has. He's not getting a pass because he can't buy new ones, bollocks to that.

He knew the score and he sold a load of magic beans by powerpoint. If he doesn't even try and deliver and can't motivate the current team, he deserves to be hung out to dry. Should be career finished. Truth is, it looks like we've recruited a Clement clone.

No excuses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oh Dear... on 21:22 - Dec 30 with 1175 viewsBadlands

Oh Dear... on 20:33 - Dec 30 by monmouth

No. Cooper is getting nowhere near the besr from the players he has. He's not getting a pass because he can't buy new ones, bollocks to that.

He knew the score and he sold a load of magic beans by powerpoint. If he doesn't even try and deliver and can't motivate the current team, he deserves to be hung out to dry. Should be career finished. Truth is, it looks like we've recruited a Clement clone.

No excuses.

Indeed.
Players who proved they could play quick, pass and move with dynamic runs last season and August can barely string three passes together.
Not only did Coper inherit a far better squad than Potter he also had the luxury of bringing players he knew or his team knew.
While James was far more exciting and McBurne got 22 goals by this time in the season neither are performing as well as Borja and Atew.
McBurnie - 1 goal per 251 minutes.
James - 4 assists and 1 goal

Borja - 1 goal per 195 mnutes
Ayew - 4 assists and 9 goals.
Once the transfer window closed there was little owners or Birch could do, it wassail down to the manager and he's turned a better squad from a well honed team into a misfiring group.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oh Dear... on 04:10 - Dec 31 with 1031 viewsTimTtam

Oh Dear... on 12:29 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Basto must surely be first out the door?

I know there are some rumours about his exit, but I can't see anyone being interested in a permanent signing. The only thing I can see happening is a 6-month loan, in which we pay 50% of his wages.

We tried offloading him in the Summer. It didn't work. What makes you think it will work this time?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024