Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So temperatures not rising then 11:08 - Jan 3 with 17151 viewsCountyJim

2010-2019 wasn't as warm as the previous decade

Rather rubbishes global warming theories then that its getting hotter
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 11:08]
So temperatures not rising then on 16:08 - Jan 5 with 1347 viewsexiledclaseboy

So temperatures not rising then on 16:07 - Jan 5 by Scotia

I'd say so - in fact peer reviewed science says so. It's a completely irrelevant question anyway.

Well how about Bangladesh for starters

Scotia, you have the patience of a saint.

Poll: Tory leader

So temperatures not rising then on 16:24 - Jan 5 with 1332 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 16:08 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Scotia, you have the patience of a saint.

I'm sort of enjoying it. It's quite bizarre really.
So temperatures not rising then on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 1325 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 14:15 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"Edit. I just checked and Prof Bowen now describes himself as a "student of climate change" even the great academics appear to have been convinced."

Of course he is, that is where the money is.
Hard to get grants for non climate studies these days.

I came across a real Scientist with Integrity yesterday, she is a Nobel prize winning Chemist who published a paper and when she realised she could NOT reproduce the results she withdrew it.
Funny how the paper got published though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50989423

Unlike the the last couple of crap climate papers that had to be forced to be withdrawn by sceptical scientists.

Prof Bowen is an Emeritus Professor, meaning he's retired. He must be about 80, I doubt he's chasing research grants nowadays.
So temperatures not rising then on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 1318 viewsDJack

So temperatures not rising then on 16:27 - Jan 5 by Scotia

Prof Bowen is an Emeritus Professor, meaning he's retired. He must be about 80, I doubt he's chasing research grants nowadays.

I also suspect that there is even more money to be made from the oil companies promting theories which deflect from the true nature of event.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So temperatures not rising then on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 1311 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 16:40 - Jan 5 by DJack

I also suspect that there is even more money to be made from the oil companies promting theories which deflect from the true nature of event.

You'd think so wouldn't you. It's a bit inconvenient for them.
So temperatures not rising then on 17:08 - Jan 5 with 1287 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 16:07 - Jan 5 by Scotia

I'd say so - in fact peer reviewed science says so. It's a completely irrelevant question anyway.

Well how about Bangladesh for starters

Why will Bangladesh suffer with a 2C rise from the LIA?

Those previous questions were to try and understand why you believe the current (1975 to 2019) period is unusual and why you don't think much of it is due to UHI.

On Climate do you believe that adding the hottest & coldest temperatures of the days provides us with the Average or Mean temperature?
So temperatures not rising then on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 1265 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 16:45 - Jan 5 by Scotia

You'd think so wouldn't you. It's a bit inconvenient for them.

You actually think it is inconvenient for the fossil fuel companies?
Do you believe, unlike all the industry experts, that we will not be using just as much if not more fossil fuels in 2050?
So temperatures not rising then on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1249 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry but oil companies don't give a fig about it one way or the other.
The world is not going to stop using oil any time soon.
Not unless they can find a lubricant that is just as easy and cheap top make as oil, or a replacement for all the different types of plastics currently in use in just about everything we use.
If you think that EVs and Renewables can cut it you are totally deluded.
There were about 1.3 Billion vehicles in the world in 2016 and they expect it to be 2 billion by 2030, do you really think they can all be replaced by EVs?
Current EV sales are about 2 million a year, I expect you can work out how long it would take at that rate.
Try making Iron and Steel without coal and see how far you will get.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:44]
Login to get fewer ads

So temperatures not rising then on 17:55 - Jan 5 with 1240 viewsDJack

So temperatures not rising then on 17:40 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry but oil companies don't give a fig about it one way or the other.
The world is not going to stop using oil any time soon.
Not unless they can find a lubricant that is just as easy and cheap top make as oil, or a replacement for all the different types of plastics currently in use in just about everything we use.
If you think that EVs and Renewables can cut it you are totally deluded.
There were about 1.3 Billion vehicles in the world in 2016 and they expect it to be 2 billion by 2030, do you really think they can all be replaced by EVs?
Current EV sales are about 2 million a year, I expect you can work out how long it would take at that rate.
Try making Iron and Steel without coal and see how far you will get.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:44]

Horsechit, they've been covering up research for decades. Also no-one has claimed that the use of oil will stop immediately, just a large reduction in volume.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So temperatures not rising then on 18:16 - Jan 5 with 1223 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 17:55 - Jan 5 by DJack

Horsechit, they've been covering up research for decades. Also no-one has claimed that the use of oil will stop immediately, just a large reduction in volume.

OK.
So temperatures not rising then on 18:25 - Jan 5 with 1215 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 17:30 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

You actually think it is inconvenient for the fossil fuel companies?
Do you believe, unlike all the industry experts, that we will not be using just as much if not more fossil fuels in 2050?

Mankind as a whole potentially, mainly because countries such as the USA, China, Russia and India are continuing to increase use. In the UK and other forward thinking nations absolutely.

Should they be? No. And how about after 2050?

Do you honestly think that oil companies welcome this debate?

I'm also pretty certain the world's biggest exporters of coal will be having second thoughts about their role too after recent events.
So temperatures not rising then on 18:36 - Jan 5 with 1192 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 17:08 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Why will Bangladesh suffer with a 2C rise from the LIA?

Those previous questions were to try and understand why you believe the current (1975 to 2019) period is unusual and why you don't think much of it is due to UHI.

On Climate do you believe that adding the hottest & coldest temperatures of the days provides us with the Average or Mean temperature?

Adding the hottest and coldest temperatures? What do mean?
So temperatures not rising then on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 1183 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 18:36 - Jan 5 by Scotia

Adding the hottest and coldest temperatures? What do mean?

The daily hottest temperature is added to the lowest temperature and divided by 2 to get the daily average.
Is it the actual average temperature for that day?

If it isn't why would you use it?
Why would you not present the best data which is all the hottest and all the coldest, which contains much more information.
So temperatures not rising then on 18:44 - Jan 5 with 1181 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 18:25 - Jan 5 by Scotia

Mankind as a whole potentially, mainly because countries such as the USA, China, Russia and India are continuing to increase use. In the UK and other forward thinking nations absolutely.

Should they be? No. And how about after 2050?

Do you honestly think that oil companies welcome this debate?

I'm also pretty certain the world's biggest exporters of coal will be having second thoughts about their role too after recent events.

What recent events, COP 25, Greta?
Surely you do not mean anything to with the weather or even the wild fires which are not wild?
So temperatures not rising then on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 1175 viewsHumpty

True.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34750196
So temperatures not rising then on 18:52 - Jan 5 with 1169 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 18:44 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

What recent events, COP 25, Greta?
Surely you do not mean anything to with the weather or even the wild fires which are not wild?

Of course the fires. Irrespective of cause, and I do think it is too early to blame global warming exclusively. That is the wildly held belief.

If Scott morrisons has any chance of staying as PM he'd better have a rethink about his support for coal.
So temperatures not rising then on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 1164 viewsLeonWasGod

So temperatures not rising then on 16:27 - Jan 5 by Scotia

I was going to say the same, but couldn’t be arsed! The last time I saw him was on a QRA field trip to Jura, must be at least 20-22 years ago. He was on goid form, but he must have been starting to wind down a bit then. One of the old guard in Quaternary Science. My PhD supervisor was a contemporary of his.
So temperatures not rising then on 18:59 - Jan 5 with 1163 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 18:49 - Jan 5 by Humpty

True.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34750196

Jesus you guys are just not keeping up.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/climate/exxon-climate-lawsuit-new-york.html
So temperatures not rising then on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 1152 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 18:52 - Jan 5 by Scotia

Of course the fires. Irrespective of cause, and I do think it is too early to blame global warming exclusively. That is the wildly held belief.

If Scott morrisons has any chance of staying as PM he'd better have a rethink about his support for coal.

Love it.
Especially the inclusion of the word "belief".
It has been rammed down the throats of everybody in the world since the fires started.
It is cargo cult science.
Scott Morrison is going to do what the facts demand, introduce more aggressive prescribed burning.
Not what Labour want which is Carbon taxes, which will do nothing to stop the severity of the fires.
You are just as brainwashed as the rest, CO2 Climate Change does not cause the drought conditions experienced in Australia.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 19:07]
So temperatures not rising then on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 1147 viewsHumpty

So temperatures not rising then on 18:59 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Jesus you guys are just not keeping up.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/climate/exxon-climate-lawsuit-new-york.html

Yeah I know. The court found Exxon had not committed fraud by misleading investors.

It doesn't change the fact that scientists working for Exxon had been warning about climate change and man's role in it since the early eighties and the company covered it up.
So temperatures not rising then on 19:23 - Jan 5 with 1132 viewslondonlisa2001

So temperatures not rising then on 18:58 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

I was going to say the same, but couldn’t be arsed! The last time I saw him was on a QRA field trip to Jura, must be at least 20-22 years ago. He was on goid form, but he must have been starting to wind down a bit then. One of the old guard in Quaternary Science. My PhD supervisor was a contemporary of his.

I bet you wish you hadn’t wasted all that time on stupid stuff like a doctorate now, when you could have learnt far more from a trawl of Internet crackpot theories from random blokes in a bedroom.
So temperatures not rising then on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 1124 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 19:10 - Jan 5 by Humpty

Yeah I know. The court found Exxon had not committed fraud by misleading investors.

It doesn't change the fact that scientists working for Exxon had been warning about climate change and man's role in it since the early eighties and the company covered it up.

The same information as every other scientist new in the 80s, you know those same scientists who thought there was going to be an Ice Age because it was cooling
So temperatures not rising then on 19:30 - Jan 5 with 1117 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 19:23 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

I bet you wish you hadn’t wasted all that time on stupid stuff like a doctorate now, when you could have learnt far more from a trawl of Internet crackpot theories from random blokes in a bedroom.

So, now sceptic Scientists are "random blokes in a bedroom" pusing crackpot theories.
You are so insulting of there achievements.
Funny how nobody critisized them when the were working for ther IPCC.
So temperatures not rising then on 19:30 - Jan 5 with 1118 viewsLeonWasGod

So temperatures not rising then on 19:23 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

If only I’d known there was a shortcut to infinite wisdom!
So temperatures not rising then on 19:36 - Jan 5 with 1111 viewslondonlisa2001

So temperatures not rising then on 19:30 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

So, now sceptic Scientists are "random blokes in a bedroom" pusing crackpot theories.
You are so insulting of there achievements.
Funny how nobody critisized them when the were working for ther IPCC.

Do you know something fansdad, you are genuinely off your trolley in so many ways, but you are one of the most enjoyable posters on this site and I have no doubt that if I met you I would find you very good company.

That’s not meant to sound patronising or sarcastic by the way - I mean it. You’re mad but massively entertaining.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024