Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's 14:03 - Jan 15 with 15248 viewsDarran

Anyone agree with this silly old ćunt?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 12:49 - Jan 22 with 1385 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 12:09 - Jan 22 by Kilkennyjack

You are completely wrong.

‘However, since 1999 the UK government has followed a convention, known as the Sewel Convention, that the UK Parliament “will not normally legislate with regard to devolved matters without the consent” of the devolved legislatures.

The convention applies when UK legislation:

changes the law in a devolved area of competence
alters the legislative competence of a devolved legislature
alters the executive competence of devolved ministers.’

No need to thank me.

Brexit was never devolved to the regional assemblies. It was a UK matter under the control of UK parliament and was a national referendum.

Therefore parliament does not need approval from them any more than it needs approval from every county council, town council or parish council.

No need to thank me.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 1369 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 12:44 - Jan 22 by Highjack

Which is in no way legally binding. The UK government reserves the right to legislate on any issue. Foreign affairs and international treaties are clearly within their remit.

Correct.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:16 - Jan 22 with 1367 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 12:49 - Jan 22 by felixstowe_jack

Brexit was never devolved to the regional assemblies. It was a UK matter under the control of UK parliament and was a national referendum.

Therefore parliament does not need approval from them any more than it needs approval from every county council, town council or parish council.

No need to thank me.

Read the Sewel Convention.
Been in place since 1999.

Clearly Brexit impacts devolved areas.

You might want to read up on Nations as well.
No idea why you seem confused with local govt in , i guess, regional England.

Wales and Scotland are nations.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 14:00 - Jan 22 with 1343 viewsHighjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:16 - Jan 22 by Kilkennyjack

“However, since 1999 the UK government has followed a convention, known as the Sewel Convention, that the UK Parliament “will not normally legislate with regard to devolved matters without the consent” of the devolved legislatures.”

Now why do you think the word “normally” is included?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:45 - Jan 22 with 1306 viewsJango

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:06 - Jan 22 with 1289 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:45 - Jan 22 by Jango

Or as we already call it in Wales ... St David’s day.....

Feck this Tory Brexit ... 🇪🇺 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:24 - Jan 22 with 1282 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 09:18 - Jan 22 by Catullus

More propaganda Kilk, how about this then?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-economy-will-grow-faster-than-eurozon

The rankings Killy posted are the same as those in the World Economic Outlook (October update) from the IMF too, actuals not predictions. Or at least they are for the top 10, so that's just a reported fact, not propaganda. https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/datasets/WEO

I'm not sure why people are bothering with all this willy waving over different stats of economic performance. It's blindingly obvious macroeconomic performance isn't solely dictated by our relationship with the EU. Leaving the EU presents certain challenges as we diverge from open access to one of the largest markets right on our doorstep, but it's not the only story. Don't get me wrong I think it's a mind numbingly stupid idea for a whole host of reasons, but things like a global recession will have a greater impact. A significant global upturn could probably also offset any losses (guessing).

Not much of a strapline though - 'Brexit - not as bad as the Great Recession'
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:27 - Jan 22 with 1282 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:16 - Jan 22 by Kilkennyjack

They areas within the UK and are not separate nations. They are recognised as part of the UK by the UN. They are not recognised by any country as far as I know as separate sovereign nations.

The amendment , proposed by the house of lords, to note the sewel convention has been defeated and removed today by the elected house of commons.

Democracy in progress.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 1279 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:24 - Jan 22 by LeonWasGod

The rankings Killy posted are the same as those in the World Economic Outlook (October update) from the IMF too, actuals not predictions. Or at least they are for the top 10, so that's just a reported fact, not propaganda. https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/datasets/WEO

I'm not sure why people are bothering with all this willy waving over different stats of economic performance. It's blindingly obvious macroeconomic performance isn't solely dictated by our relationship with the EU. Leaving the EU presents certain challenges as we diverge from open access to one of the largest markets right on our doorstep, but it's not the only story. Don't get me wrong I think it's a mind numbingly stupid idea for a whole host of reasons, but things like a global recession will have a greater impact. A significant global upturn could probably also offset any losses (guessing).

As 2019 GDP FIGURES have not yet been complied, confirmed, or published by any Country the updates you mention cannot be facts. Therefore they must be predictions or estimates.

Hardly surprising India has at last overtaken the UK given that it has 7 times the population of the UK. GDP per capita is still seven greater times in the UK than india.

India benefits from not being in the EU and is free to trade it's own terms. It is also the worlds 3rd largest polluter.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:07 - Jan 22 with 1267 viewsEbo

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:27 - Jan 22 by felixstowe_jack

They areas within the UK and are not separate nations. They are recognised as part of the UK by the UN. They are not recognised by any country as far as I know as separate sovereign nations.

The amendment , proposed by the house of lords, to note the sewel convention has been defeated and removed today by the elected house of commons.

Democracy in progress.

...oh dear...

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:38 - Jan 22 with 1255 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:24 - Jan 22 by LeonWasGod

It's all been willy waving though Leon, all we had from remainers is how bad brexit will be, how stupid a thing it is....I could go on but really why bother.

The only way we (any of us, even mystic Killy) will know how brexit has affected us is by living through it and then with hindsight. We can all preach about what the future will bring but none of us truly knows.
PS, it's called World economic OUTLOOK, are outlooks fact? The Cambridge English dictionary defines it as "The likely future situation.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 1222 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:27 - Jan 22 by felixstowe_jack

Democracy in progress.

Repeat after me ... Wales and Scotland and England are all 100 per cent nations.
Regions of England are , well, regions of England.
(And Wales has not been a principality since 1542 ... otherwise Charlie boy would make our laws etc)

They do share a land mass called Great Britain.
The island of Ireland forms part of the British Isles.

The UK is a political union of Great Britain and the north part of the island of Ireland.

No need to thank me.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 07:50 - Jan 23 with 1179 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:38 - Jan 22 by Catullus

It's all been willy waving though Leon, all we had from remainers is how bad brexit will be, how stupid a thing it is....I could go on but really why bother.

The only way we (any of us, even mystic Killy) will know how brexit has affected us is by living through it and then with hindsight. We can all preach about what the future will bring but none of us truly knows.
PS, it's called World economic OUTLOOK, are outlooks fact? The Cambridge English dictionary defines it as "The likely future situation.

Experts can help mind.

Think of having a brain operation.
The expert has a better chance of helping you than ,say, phil down the pub.

Its why we can send people to the moon and bring them back again.
Thats experts for you, not 100 per cent but more informed than phil down the pub.

Try listening to them ....

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 10:14 - Jan 23 with 1158 viewsKerouac

'Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's'

Who are the real fascists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 10:23 - Jan 23 with 1156 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 07:50 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

Experts can help mind.

Thats experts for you, not 100 per cent but more informed than phil down the pub.

Yes an expert has a better chance of helping you but any surgeon will not guarantee a good outcome and they always warn you of the possible problems, in short Kilk, they tell what could happen as well as what should happen and it's up to you to accept the risks.

Yes we can send people to the moon but things do go wrong, Challenger, Columbia, Apollo 12, Soyuz 1. Even the experts can't guarantee the outcome.

You hear an expert out then you make up your mind and it has been known that ignoring expert advice provides a good outcome or taking that advice ends in disaster.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 10:41 - Jan 23 with 1151 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:27 - Jan 22 by Kilkennyjack

Repeat after me ... Wales and Scotland and England are all 100 per cent nations.
Regions of England are , well, regions of England.
(And Wales has not been a principality since 1542 ... otherwise Charlie boy would make our laws etc)

They do share a land mass called Great Britain.
The island of Ireland forms part of the British Isles.

The UK is a political union of Great Britain and the north part of the island of Ireland.

No need to thank me.

Repeat after me the United kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland is a country recognised by the United Nations. It is also the name of the country on your passport.

Wales , Scotland and England are not counties recognised by the United nations. They also do not issue passports or have embassies.

I do wish people could understand this basic fact.

No need to thank me for helping you with your basic education.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 1138 viewscontroversial_jack

It seems to be when people are dissatisfied with their lives or conditions etc, instead of looking outwards at other countries to see if they have a solution, they turn inwards to try to find the answers.Thus we see a lot of nationalism and xenophobia as a result of this.
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 11:02 - Jan 23 with 1138 viewsCatullus

Maybe I can help, you are both right.

Wales is a nation but it is not an independent nation...yet (just for you Kilk)

We are part of the UK.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 11:36 - Jan 23 with 1132 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You are correct England Wales and Scotland used to be Nations.
Scotland and England were nations up until the act of union circa 1707 when they became the United Kingdom.

A bit more problematic for Wales.
Wales never really achieved political unity but was made up of different areas ruled by different princes often with no defined borders between the different areas and the borders were often disputed with England.

Llewellyn was considered to be the only King of the whole of a united Wales and after his death various Princes came to power in different parts of Wales. Hence Wales often being referred to as a Principality, a Country ruled by Princes.

Owain glyndwr was the last Prince who tried to reestablish an independent Wales but after his defeat and death Wales was conquered by England.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:53 - Jan 23 with 1098 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 11:36 - Jan 23 by felixstowe_jack

You are correct England Wales and Scotland used to be Nations.
Scotland and England were nations up until the act of union circa 1707 when they became the United Kingdom.

A bit more problematic for Wales.
Wales never really achieved political unity but was made up of different areas ruled by different princes often with no defined borders between the different areas and the borders were often disputed with England.

Llewellyn was considered to be the only King of the whole of a united Wales and after his death various Princes came to power in different parts of Wales. Hence Wales often being referred to as a Principality, a Country ruled by Princes.

Owain glyndwr was the last Prince who tried to reestablish an independent Wales but after his defeat and death Wales was conquered by England.

Wales isn't represented on the Union flag because when it was invented the English king considered Wales to be a region of England, Wales was a land he had conquered and absorbed.
Maybe if Boris wants to strengthen the Union he could speak to the Queen about putting Wales on the flag? Seeing as the Welsh are the original Britons we should have a red dragon put right in the middle!

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 14:07 - Jan 23 with 1092 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 07:50 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

Experts can help mind.

Hey Kilkenny, here's an expert, should we listen to him?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/general-election-brexit-boris-johnson-eu-ex

These experts don't seem to agree or don't want to predict anything,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/spoke-respected-economists-whether-i

So which experts do we listen to Kilk, ah...AHHHH, I know the answer, we should listen to the ones we agree with. Simple really.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:42 - Jan 23 with 1081 viewsHighjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:53 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Wales isn't represented on the Union flag because when it was invented the English king considered Wales to be a region of England, Wales was a land he had conquered and absorbed.
Maybe if Boris wants to strengthen the Union he could speak to the Queen about putting Wales on the flag? Seeing as the Welsh are the original Britons we should have a red dragon put right in the middle!

Technically as Henry VII was a Welshman and a huge amount of his base support/army were from Wales we conquered them at Bosworth.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1075 viewsBarrySwan

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:42 - Jan 23 by Highjack

Technically as Henry VII was a Welshman and a huge amount of his base support/army were from Wales we conquered them at Bosworth.

Correct

The last Welsh English conflict resulted in a Welsh win and the ascendance to the English throne of the Welsh House of Tudor which went on to begat Henry the Eighth and Elizabeth the First.

I really don't know why the Nat's have such an inferiority complex that they constantly whine on about being subjugated by the nasty English when in fact history tells us that we were the last winners of an Anglo Welsh war.

Perhaps plaid's merry band of followers should seek some self confidence boosting therapy to bring themselves up to the levels enjoyed by the rest of us here in Wales.
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 1070 viewsHighjack

We also carried Henry V’s rabble at Agincourt as many of their pathetic soldiers weren’t strong enough to wield a longbow.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 1067 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 10:41 - Jan 23 by felixstowe_jack

Repeat after me the United kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland is a country recognised by the United Nations. It is also the name of the country on your passport.

Wales , Scotland and England are not counties recognised by the United nations. They also do not issue passports or have embassies.

I do wish people could understand this basic fact.

No need to thank me for helping you with your basic education.

You are still wrong.

‘International body grants Wales country status after principality error’.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/internation

No need to thank me.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 15:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024