Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU, fish & idiots update 21:06 - Jan 20 with 12025 viewsLeonWasGod

Don’t call them thick though...

I still can’t understand how anyone falls for this guff.
EU, fish & idiots update on 12:07 - Jan 23 with 1329 viewsAlfieMooresSon

EU, fish & idiots update on 10:52 - Jan 21 by BarrySwan

You mean the Iceland whose vessels were involved in 35 ramming incidents whilst they protected their fishing grounds against the British in the 70s and who now stil enjoy large catches of cod?

Or the British who gave away our fishing grounds and whose fishing fleet was largely laid up and scrapped for recycling whilst EU trawlers pillaged the grounds to near extinction?

Not anymore we are leaving and they can feck off!!!
EU, fish & idiots update on 12:56 - Jan 23 with 1317 viewsBarrySwan

EU, fish & idiots update on 12:07 - Jan 23 by AlfieMooresSon

Not anymore we are leaving and they can feck off!!!

I'd like to think so but I'm afraid that Johnson and Co will sell out the fishing industry in a second.

First thing that they need to do is wrestle back control of the licences from the handful of large companies and families who control most of the UKs fishing trade.

You'd think would be quite simple to issue licences which must be used by those taking them out and to ban the selling of those licences to others including big business or foreign owned trawlers.

Don't use your licence personally .....lose licence....it doesn't get any simpler than that in my book.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 12:57]
EU, fish & idiots update on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 1305 viewsLohengrin

EU, fish & idiots update on 12:56 - Jan 23 by BarrySwan

I'd like to think so but I'm afraid that Johnson and Co will sell out the fishing industry in a second.

First thing that they need to do is wrestle back control of the licences from the handful of large companies and families who control most of the UKs fishing trade.

You'd think would be quite simple to issue licences which must be used by those taking them out and to ban the selling of those licences to others including big business or foreign owned trawlers.

Don't use your licence personally .....lose licence....it doesn't get any simpler than that in my book.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 12:57]

” Don't use your licence personally .....lose licence....it doesn't get any simpler than that in my book.”

Likewise if you own an excess of fertile acreage that you don’t put under the plough that’s forfeit too and gets redistributed under licence to folk willing to work it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

EU, fish & idiots update on 13:48 - Jan 23 with 1280 viewsCatullus

EU, fish & idiots update on 13:13 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

” Don't use your licence personally .....lose licence....it doesn't get any simpler than that in my book.”

Likewise if you own an excess of fertile acreage that you don’t put under the plough that’s forfeit too and gets redistributed under licence to folk willing to work it.

You'll be asking Corbyn to take over the government next

The EU fisheries and agriculture policies have been great for non UK trawlers and large landowners, not so good for UK fishermen/women, small farmers or for the environvment.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EU, fish & idiots update on 15:41 - Jan 23 with 1256 viewsBarrySwan

EU, fish & idiots update on 11:24 - Jan 22 by Ebo

Now the rats are leaving the sinking ship

Tory donors flee to Cyprus to retain links to the EU
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-walker-keir-starmer-britt-eklan

I see

Well actually I don't, as it doesn't mention in the report anything about buying a passport or property specifically to stay in the EU as opposed to any other part of the World ( other than in the imagination of the fanatically pro EU author of course)

The report also mentions several other Richies buying property in non EU countries, I guess that's OK by you in accordance with your no one who voted to leave should ever buy a property abroad policy if its in an EU country'.

Doesn't Beardie Branson own an island or two in the Caribbean despite that area not being in the EU as he's perfectly entitled too despite being an EU fanatic?

One can only assume that you disapprove of anyone with the funds buying property / taking out passports anywhere in the world than dear old Blighty then?

You really should have a word with all those ordinary Brits who own holiday homes or timeshares all over Europe in order to express your displeasure.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 15:43]
EU, fish & idiots update on 16:10 - Jan 23 with 1243 viewsKilkennyjack

It said on the tv that the high street chain Iceland - on its own - makes a bigger contribution to uk plc than the whole of the fishing industry.

Beware of the Risen People

EU, fish & idiots update on 17:39 - Jan 23 with 1207 viewsHighjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 16:10 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

It said on the tv that the high street chain Iceland - on its own - makes a bigger contribution to uk plc than the whole of the fishing industry.

The steel industry only makes up 0.1% of the uk economy so we might as well not give a shit about that either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

EU, fish & idiots update on 17:52 - Jan 23 with 1206 viewsKilkennyjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 17:39 - Jan 23 by Highjack

The steel industry only makes up 0.1% of the uk economy so we might as well not give a shit about that either.

Do we need Fish to win a war ?
Whereas steel would be quite important ...?

🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

EU, fish & idiots update on 17:57 - Jan 23 with 1192 viewsHighjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 17:52 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

Do we need Fish to win a war ?
Whereas steel would be quite important ...?

🤷‍♂️

Yes readily available sources of food are never needed during a war...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

EU, fish & idiots update on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 1190 viewsHighjack

Also, what war? We aren’t at war. There is no war.

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

EU, fish & idiots update on 18:01 - Jan 23 by Highjack

Also, what war? We aren’t at war. There is no war.

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:20 - Jan 23 with 1160 viewsHighjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:00 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

My mistake. I’ll report for reintegration first thing in the morning.

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 1165 viewsCatullus

EU, fish & idiots update on 16:10 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

The UK fishing industry used to be a lot bigger, also, doesn't Iceland sell a lot of fish?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 1161 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don’t know why we’re still having the Brexit argument. It’s done. Over. We lost. The consequences will be what the consequences will be. I just hope that those responsible own those consequences, whatever they turn out to be and don’t sit there in years to come pretending they knew it would be a disaster (if it is) and that they voted remain all along. I foresee a similar scenario to the Iraq invasion when all those who claim they knew it was a disaster waiting to happen all along were actually four square behind it at the time. Time will tell.

Poll: Tory leader

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:53 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsCatullus

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:44 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t know why we’re still having the Brexit argument. It’s done. Over. We lost. The consequences will be what the consequences will be. I just hope that those responsible own those consequences, whatever they turn out to be and don’t sit there in years to come pretending they knew it would be a disaster (if it is) and that they voted remain all along. I foresee a similar scenario to the Iraq invasion when all those who claim they knew it was a disaster waiting to happen all along were actually four square behind it at the time. Time will tell.

It's because some will not give up.

I promise you ECB, I will own my decision. On the other hand, if it actually turns out ok, will all the remainers admit they were wrong. I don't mean in 5 or even 10 years though because this thing aint over for a good while yet. Once we have actually left the EU and all the trade deals are done, then we shall have an idea.

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:53 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsmonmouth

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:44 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

What you have described is exactly what will happen. The north of england and wales will soon be up in arms over the lack of funding that lies ahead when the european billions stop flowing into the regions and start flowing in to very rich peoples bank accounts.

I disagree though, the argument is not over, given that brexit is nowhere near 'done'. The right to progress with the insanity is certainly done, but the government needs its nose rubbed in the brexit shit week after week as the comedy unfolds.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:00]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:56 - Jan 23 with 1140 viewsmonmouth

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:53 - Jan 23 by Catullus

I promise you ECB, I will own my decision. On the other hand, if it actually turns out ok, will all the remainers admit they were wrong. I don't mean in 5 or even 10 years though because this thing aint over for a good while yet. Once we have actually left the EU and all the trade deals are done, then we shall have an idea.

Yes, of course, I would be ecstatic to be wrong and all the benefits that absolutely no one can describe become evident, and all the pitfalls that everyone can describe do not.

I'm not holding my breath.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 1134 viewsexiledclaseboy

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:53 - Jan 23 by monmouth

What you have described is exactly what will happen. The north of england and wales will soon be up in arms over the lack of funding that lies ahead when the european billions stop flowing into the regions and start flowing in to very rich peoples bank accounts.

I disagree though, the argument is not over, given that brexit is nowhere near 'done'. The right to progress with the insanity is certainly done, but the government needs its nose rubbed in the brexit shit week after week as the comedy unfolds.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:00]

The word Brexit is verboten in government circles from 1 February.

It’s over insofar as we’ll be legally out of the EU from a week tomorrow. Once that genie is out of the bottle it’s not going back in. Fully agree that the shambles will continue, only now we don’t have a parliament capable of holding the government to account and/or reining it in. It’s over.

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:59 - Jan 23 with 1129 viewsexiledclaseboy

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:53 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Remainers won’t have to own anything. If Brexit is the success we’re told it will be, it’ll be self evident

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsHighjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:58 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

The word Brexit is verboten in government circles from 1 February.

It’s over insofar as we’ll be legally out of the EU from a week tomorrow. Once that genie is out of the bottle it’s not going back in. Fully agree that the shambles will continue, only now we don’t have a parliament capable of holding the government to account and/or reining it in. It’s over.

If it is a disaster then we’ll always have the option of going back in.

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:04 - Jan 23 with 1119 viewsexiledclaseboy

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:03 - Jan 23 by Highjack

If it is a disaster then we’ll always have the option of going back in.

Not on the hugely favourable terms we’re just about to give up we won’t.

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:04 - Jan 23 with 1119 viewsCatullus

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:59 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

Remainers won’t have to own anything. If Brexit is the success we’re told it will be, it’ll be self evident

I didn't say own anything, I said admit they were wrong. I didn't choose leave in the certainty I was right. I did it because I believe it can be better and that the EU is on a slippery slope, amongst other oft argued points.

I could easily be wrong, I am not psychic.

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:05 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsexiledclaseboy

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:04 - Jan 23 by Catullus

I didn't say own anything, I said admit they were wrong. I didn't choose leave in the certainty I was right. I did it because I believe it can be better and that the EU is on a slippery slope, amongst other oft argued points.

I could easily be wrong, I am not psychic.

I’ll change a word then.

Remainers won’t have to admit anything. If Brexit is the success we’re told it will be, it’ll be self evident.

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:08 - Jan 23 with 1110 viewsWarwickHunt

EU, fish & idiots update on 19:56 - Jan 23 by monmouth

Yes, of course, I would be ecstatic to be wrong and all the benefits that absolutely no one can describe become evident, and all the pitfalls that everyone can describe do not.

I'm not holding my breath.

The excellent David Conn...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/22/north-backed-brexit-feel-c
EU, fish & idiots update on 20:10 - Jan 23 with 1104 viewsHighjack

EU, fish & idiots update on 20:04 - Jan 23 by exiledclaseboy

Not on the hugely favourable terms we’re just about to give up we won’t.

Favourable terms?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024