Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread 17:48 - Feb 5 with 28931 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:37 - Feb 9 with 1745 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:31 - Feb 9 by jackrmee

You reckon that when we unveiled the unknown Cooper, most fans thought we would get promotion, than relegation? You are mad.

I "reckon" exactly what I wrote. Aiming for top six certainly more likely than a relegation battle. But we've been falling short of top half form for over 5 months now.

But yes, the state our squad was in and the quality of the players at our disposal I'd say we looked more likely to get promoted than relegated. Nothing mad about that, we've been beating the relegation candidates pretty consistently despite our obvious struggles, and even without the August tally propping us up we've been picking up enough points to comfortably avoid the drop.

Did you think we were likely to go down when Cooper was appointed?
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:34 - Feb 9 with 1670 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:59 - Feb 8 by TNT

Agree mate, Woodman had a shit day.

That`s what you get with average keepers, is he really that much better than Mulder, not to sure about that myself.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:34 - Feb 9 with 1566 viewsdameedna

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 9 by ploppy

Not quite sure what your point is. Lots of goals come from mistakes, that's why you should try and cut them out. Managers are always bemoaning the fact that they've conceded goals from mistakes. We seem to be particularly prone to it at the moment though - we've conceded countless goals this season from stupid mistakes. As far as Dhanda's goal - yes, one of their players was robbed. So Derby are no better than us on that once instance. Are they doing it regularly though? Maybe they are, which is why they're not top of the league.

I think it was Routs that took advantage of their mistake in their own half, one pass and Dhanda scored. My general point is that Routs made a goal from a more dangerous Derby mistake.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 9 with 1556 viewsswan65split

End result......we fecked up again!
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1516 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:34 - Feb 9 by dameedna

I think it was Routs that took advantage of their mistake in their own half, one pass and Dhanda scored. My general point is that Routs made a goal from a more dangerous Derby mistake.

The mistake that resulted in Dhanda's goal was every bit as bad as the mistakes that we've been making. The bloke looked like he was trying a dragback FFS and Routs nicked it off him - I suppose Routs gets an assist for that but he's hardly "making a goal". Their back four backed off just like ours do and didn't expect Dhanda to score from there.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewsChief

Hard to believe that we have another home game Tuesday against a side well down the table and we could end up 1 point outside the play offs with a win.
After all these winnable games we've squandered. What a division.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:30 - Feb 10 with 1388 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 10:15 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

No we're not in the relegation zone but that's a ridiculous metric to judge us by. Only the most pessimistic of our supporters saw us as a relegation battle side coming into this season. There was no reason to think we shouldn't be one of the dozen or so teams in this league viewing the playoffs as a realistic target.

Our form after August is 1.2 points per game, which would put us between Boro and QPR on 37 points if that miraculous opening month had instead been Cooper's standard fare. We'd be looking over our shoulder but not too panicked about the drop, but we'd definitely not be happy about it. And rightly so.

I don't think I made myself very clear. I don't think we would've been in a relegation battle, or that others would think we're in a relegation battle. I was just saying that people on here are overreacting over one game. The reaction from Swans supporters on various platforms could be comparable to that of other supporters if their team dropped into the relegation zone.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:19 - Feb 10 with 1310 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:30 - Feb 10 by TimTtam

I don't think I made myself very clear. I don't think we would've been in a relegation battle, or that others would think we're in a relegation battle. I was just saying that people on here are overreacting over one game. The reaction from Swans supporters on various platforms could be comparable to that of other supporters if their team dropped into the relegation zone.

I think that one game was a release of what many have been feeling for a while, tomorrow night we"ll be cheering and for a win whatever the performance , on the other hand if its a negative result and performance, I think there ll be a showing of fans feelings.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:04 - Feb 10 with 1289 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:19 - Feb 10 by swan65split

I think that one game was a release of what many have been feeling for a while, tomorrow night we"ll be cheering and for a win whatever the performance , on the other hand if its a negative result and performance, I think there ll be a showing of fans feelings.

I don't think we'll get anything from the QPR game, regardless of how we play. I rate them much higher than their 17th position. Plus they've lost their last 3 games so they're bound to beat us.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:50 - Feb 10 with 1265 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 03:30 - Feb 10 by TimTtam

We're below Cardiff. Much worse than relegation.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 10:39 - Feb 10 with 1233 viewsblackpooljack

Its not one game though is it bud we've been fùckin dire for most of the season
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 11:20 - Feb 10 with 1199 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:50 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Given the utter dogshit they've been serving up all season, it is probably more shaming.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 1116 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 10:39 - Feb 10 by blackpooljack

Its not one game though is it bud we've been fùckin dire for most of the season

We have, but the mood on here was fairly positive a week ago. One week things are looking good and we're on track for a late playoffs surge, and the next we're a mess and Cooper needs to go.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 1115 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:50 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

You win...

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 1113 viewsA_Fans_Dad

That reaction is because we all know how good our players can play.
We have seen it, so anything less is a major disappointment.
But the biggest disappointment is lack of game management needlessly costing us points.
With the nouse shown by opposition managers our boys could have won or drawn more games.
It makes a mockery of when our players do really put in the effort to get in a winning position only to have it thrown away by lack of management action/reaction.
Add to that picking the same incompatable players in midfield week in week out is very discouraging before the game even starts.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:45 - Feb 10 with 1108 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 14:40 - Feb 10 by A_Fans_Dad

That reaction is because we all know how good our players can play.
We have seen it, so anything less is a major disappointment.
But the biggest disappointment is lack of game management needlessly costing us points.
With the nouse shown by opposition managers our boys could have won or drawn more games.
It makes a mockery of when our players do really put in the effort to get in a winning position only to have it thrown away by lack of management action/reaction.
Add to that picking the same incompatable players in midfield week in week out is very discouraging before the game even starts.

nous by other managers and about 15,000 Swans fans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024