Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread 17:48 - Feb 5 with 28945 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:21 - Feb 8 with 2726 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 8 by jojaca

I'm in the give Cooper benefit of the doubt camp because there is a real lack of quality with this team.

Woodman and Chelsea defender had a mare, Byers seems to get worse with every passing game. Midfield that struggles to break teams down with the slowest wingers in the division.

The few positives was Dhanda second half, good goal and deliveries into box.

Woodman could do with a break. He could have done better with all 3 goals. Plus he seems reluctant to come out sometimes - second half when Rodon was expecting him, for one. He's starting to remind me of Vorm after he had his groin injury. How many times has he been rooted to the spot as the ball flies past him?

Don't get me started on Routledge. Gave the ball away numerous times, as usual - why can't commentators and ex-player pundits see this? Had a major strop when their second goal went in - throwing his arms up a la Sigurdsson. Then having won the ball on the half-way line gives a criminal inside pass from which they score their third. He'll be dropped for Tuesday. Then after a while, everyone will forget how crap he is and he'll get another chance. Rinse and repeat.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:42 - Feb 8 with 2588 viewsBillyChong

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:21 - Feb 8 by ploppy

Woodman could do with a break. He could have done better with all 3 goals. Plus he seems reluctant to come out sometimes - second half when Rodon was expecting him, for one. He's starting to remind me of Vorm after he had his groin injury. How many times has he been rooted to the spot as the ball flies past him?

Don't get me started on Routledge. Gave the ball away numerous times, as usual - why can't commentators and ex-player pundits see this? Had a major strop when their second goal went in - throwing his arms up a la Sigurdsson. Then having won the ball on the half-way line gives a criminal inside pass from which they score their third. He'll be dropped for Tuesday. Then after a while, everyone will forget how crap he is and he'll get another chance. Rinse and repeat.

If there was any ambition at the club we’d have binned Routledge at the mutually appropriate time last summer
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 8 with 2564 viewsdonkonky

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:07 - Feb 8 by lidojack

First 20 minutes aside we played well today, certainly didnt deserve to lose.
But my God I would give anything for a decent holding midfielder. All 3 goals came from midfielders having too much space on the edge of our box. It happens every week and we just need someone to sit in front of the defence and disrupt play.

Absolutely this!!! It’s so bloody obvious why can’t Cooper see it???
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:03 - Feb 8 with 2479 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:44 - Feb 8 by westside

We're a crab team with lazy players

Yep, we don’t seem to play with any sole, and we end up with Derby doing us like a kipper.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:04 - Feb 8 with 2475 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:55 - Feb 8 by swan65split

Wee aint good enough, but Coops will see some positives no doubt!

Yep, piss poor.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:05 - Feb 8 with 2471 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:21 - Feb 8 by ploppy

Dyer will probably come in for him on Tuesday.

Dyer and Routledge... when will it ever end?
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:18 - Feb 8 with 2411 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:05 - Feb 8 by AngelRangelQS

Dyer will probably come in for him on Tuesday.

Dyer and Routledge... when will it ever end?

We should register as a charity.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:24 - Feb 8 with 2378 viewsdameedna

For the last ten minutes with a season sliding away I would expect to either concede or score. Ten minutes of failing to go all out attack at home. Could have put a centre half up front and gone three at the back.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:28 - Feb 8 with 2348 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:24 - Feb 8 by dameedna

For the last ten minutes with a season sliding away I would expect to either concede or score. Ten minutes of failing to go all out attack at home. Could have put a centre half up front and gone three at the back.

We never seem to do that as I made reference to earlier in this thread.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:42 - Feb 8 with 2273 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:24 - Feb 8 by dameedna

To do that you need a half tidy manager ..we haven't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 8 with 2261 viewsOneill_77

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 8 by Jinxy

Absolutely. But today I walked away feeling entertained - they had a go. I'd rather that than boring square passes, playing for a point and so on. I do finally get the feeling Cooper is learning, albeit from mistakes.

We were highly entertained by a team giving it our best shot. Clearly on a steep curve (understandably), clearly learning and developing. As most top performers know, learning from mistakes and setbacks drives the standards, sets the bar.

Difficult for some to grasp, however if we all get on that same curve, we can all enjoy the journey.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:58 - Feb 8 with 2224 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 8 by Oneill_77

We were highly entertained by a team giving it our best shot. Clearly on a steep curve (understandably), clearly learning and developing. As most top performers know, learning from mistakes and setbacks drives the standards, sets the bar.

Difficult for some to grasp, however if we all get on that same curve, we can all enjoy the journey.

My f*cking arse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:58 - Feb 8 with 2223 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:42 - Feb 8 by BillyChong

If there was any ambition at the club we’d have binned Routledge at the mutually appropriate time last summer

Unfortunately, sentiment came in to play. How could we get rid of such a stalwart? Plus the fact he'd had a decent end to last season. I've never seen a Swansea player in recent times give the ball away more than Routledge. Pablo maybe - but he did the occasional great thing.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:06 - Feb 8 with 2200 viewsJinxy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 8 by Oneill_77

This, with loads of bells on. Cooper frustrates me yes, but some need to get a grip of the big picture and really care. 16,000 attendance announced but hell loads less than that = stay at home in the warm watching the rugby and so on. Strange, wasn't like that in the PL. I'd say less than 75 at the Trust agm. Empty vessels eh.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:15 - Feb 8 with 2176 viewsJohnw102

Just home from the match, mixed feelings there were times when we looked tore playing ti be football, then we would revert to 100% cr@p. Think Woodman could have don better with all 3 goal second one in particular where he appeared to dive over the ball. I would be tempted to give him a rest on Tuesday. Think we have to start Wilmot instead of Guehi who looked out of his depth, a player for the future but at the moment needs to learn his craft. Derby continually fouled us whenever we threatened to go forward and I thought they were lucky to get away with only 4 yellows.The player who cut Woodman off at the knees should have been a straight red and I had the feeling that was going to happen till WR got in the refs face. Every game we see opponents getting at the ref while we do nothing, apart from AA who does talk to them on occasions. Apart from the result I enjoyed the match at least some of them seem to care enough to try. Shall be making another long round trip on Tuesday so must be something there I like!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 20:23]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:22 - Feb 8 with 2147 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:07 - Feb 8 by lidojack

First 20 minutes aside we played well today, certainly didnt deserve to lose.
But my God I would give anything for a decent holding midfielder. All 3 goals came from midfielders having too much space on the edge of our box. It happens every week and we just need someone to sit in front of the defence and disrupt play.

Having just come back from a relaxing 60 min walk along a windy seashore I was about to say the same thing: a free area almost circular that gives the scorer an open shot at the whole width of the goal, almost uncanny. And the team was by no means lazy; for most of the game they pressed well, passed well and outran Derby., except in the last 5mins they looked disheartened.

I think some of the guys on here are letting their disappointment cloud their judgement on the actual game. I know the team has played badly at times for a variety of reasons. Today was not one of them.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 2108 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:22 - Feb 8 by sioni

Having just come back from a relaxing 60 min walk along a windy seashore I was about to say the same thing: a free area almost circular that gives the scorer an open shot at the whole width of the goal, almost uncanny. And the team was by no means lazy; for most of the game they pressed well, passed well and outran Derby., except in the last 5mins they looked disheartened.

I think some of the guys on here are letting their disappointment cloud their judgement on the actual game. I know the team has played badly at times for a variety of reasons. Today was not one of them.

Opinions Aye ! I thought we were pretty poor today and very naive.

Derby's league position and the amount of their away wins suggest, the opposite.

Hello

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:47 - Feb 8 with 2078 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:58 - Feb 8 by monmouth

My f*cking arse.

Indeed.

The journey had be a pretty short one because half the team will probably be gone next year, certainly 2 of our loans I’d say. We don’t have time to build a team patiently unfortunately and I can only see more backward steps before we go forward again.

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 2050 viewsBadlands

Some people think Grimes was better than outs today! WTF?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 8 with 2031 viewsJinxy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:55 - Feb 8 by Badlands

Some people think Grimes was better than outs today! WTF?

Not sure who outs is, but I thought Grimes was excellent, corners apart. If outs is Routledge, I thought he was excellent too, 2 odd errors apart. Great Pro's both of them.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 8 with 1955 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 8 by Jinxy

Not sure who outs is, but I thought Grimes was excellent, corners apart. If outs is Routledge, I thought he was excellent too, 2 odd errors apart. Great Pro's both of them.

Excellent ? bloody hell !!!

Hello

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 8 with 1864 viewsunion_jack

Has Swansea’s answer to Guardiola spoken yet?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 8 with 1863 viewsJinxy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 8 by Flashberryjack

Excellent ? bloody hell !!!

Yessir, I serpently think he was! A few errors, yes, but I thought they all did well today. Routledge did far more right than wrong for sure. Unfortunately, he's an easy and regular target.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:31 - Feb 8 with 1832 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:12 - Feb 8 by Jinxy

Yessir, I serpently think he was! A few errors, yes, but I thought they all did well today. Routledge did far more right than wrong for sure. Unfortunately, he's an easy and regular target.

The mistake Routs made was in the Derby half, they had a long way to go before they scored. Much could have been done to prevent the goal subsequent to the initial mistake.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 1813 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:31 - Feb 8 by Brynmill_Jack

The mistake Routs made was in the Derby half, they had a long way to go before they scored. Much could have been done to prevent the goal subsequent to the initial mistake.

Good job he wasn't playing in goal then.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024