Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper had all the right credentials 23:46 - Feb 14 with 2029 viewsNotLoyal

Young, successful, bright strategy, coaching, knowledge, tactical, and much more. Speaks well, intelligent.
Says things like *Swansea Way*

But the yanks saw another Jenkins, able to find a youngster, develop to a financial figure that appeals to their desire to financially keep a club hopeful and the supporters quiet, and return profit from expenditure.

None of this means he can manage, communicate, encourage and enable understanding that is transferred to a physical implementation of what he is thinking.

He lacks the ability to encourage learning with players who generally lack a firm education to be able to understand his beliefs.

Two a penny coaching badge man.

Souless, benign, beige and dry.

Goodbye.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:50 - Feb 14 with 1997 viewsDarran

Successful?

He won a kids tournament with kids from other clubs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:51 - Feb 14 with 1983 viewssainthelens

He's making way too many mistakes. Worst being they are all very mostly all basic ones. Just had to be bog standard to get us in the play offs....he's not even that.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:52 - Feb 14 with 1982 viewsAngelRangelQS

It was definitely worth a shot. I don’t think anyone should be criticised for the appointment as it seemed to make sense.

Ultimately though, he’s got nothing about him whatsoever.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:55 - Feb 14 with 1955 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:50 - Feb 14 by Darran

Successful?

He won a kids tournament with kids from other clubs.

Given the level he was at, he was successful, the issue is he can't move up and develop what he has learned at the higher level. May be in 5 years, but not now.
you can't fault his CV prior to coming to Swansea, you can belittle his success as much as you like but he could only deal with what was in front of him. On paper he was ideal, practically he is no better than you and tbh as it stands as a comparison, you've got the job.
I'm sure you get it.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 23:57]

OK I've changed it.

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:58 - Feb 14 with 1934 viewssainthelens

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:55 - Feb 14 by NotLoyal

Given the level he was at, he was successful, the issue is he can't move up and develop what he has learned at the higher level. May be in 5 years, but not now.
you can't fault his CV prior to coming to Swansea, you can belittle his success as much as you like but he could only deal with what was in front of him. On paper he was ideal, practically he is no better than you and tbh as it stands as a comparison, you've got the job.
I'm sure you get it.

Had no previous club management , that has proved to be a big no no.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:59 - Feb 14 with 1926 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:58 - Feb 14 by sainthelens

Exactly, but he had to start somewhere.

OK I've changed it.

Cooper had all the right credentials on 00:30 - Feb 15 with 1867 viewsdobjack2

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:59 - Feb 14 by NotLoyal

Exactly, but he had to start somewhere.

The problem is that he has started in the championship and not leagues 1 or 2
Cooper had all the right credentials on 07:56 - Feb 15 with 1687 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:55 - Feb 14 by NotLoyal

I'm sure you get it.

He may be great at talking to under 17s but he’s not playing against teams of under 17s anymore. Grown hardened men are a different proposition.

Also to compound this I’m beginning to sense he firstly lost the older heads in the squad and now the younger ones have seen through is “only one plan and it’s plan A ) mentality and just aren’t responding.

Now is the time to make the change, it’s not too late to make the play offs and even if we don’t get promoted (which we won’t) the new man will at least have a good couple of months to help turn performances around and to assess the (rather ominous looking) summer rebuild.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper had all the right credentials on 08:52 - Feb 15 with 1611 viewsJinxy

Quite agree with the OP in that I would not blame those who appointed SC. There again I thought Clement was a good appointment at the time, so heck what do I know.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:04 - Feb 15 with 1577 views34dfgdf54

Cooper had all the right credentials on 08:52 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Quite agree with the OP in that I would not blame those who appointed SC. There again I thought Clement was a good appointment at the time, so heck what do I know.

I would personally, but Birch won’t, because he’s got Leon and Curt on the committee, he’s not stupid.

Like I said previously, I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall when this presentation was happening.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:26 - Feb 15 with 1532 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:04 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

I would personally, but Birch won’t, because he’s got Leon and Curt on the committee, he’s not stupid.

Like I said previously, I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall when this presentation was happening.

I can see that presentation now... "something something control the controllables. Something something non-negotiables."

Out of 60 applicants, this guy was apparently the best option. I'd give him until the end of the season but keep tabs on any potential replacements in the meantime.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:38 - Feb 15 with 1487 viewsMattG

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:52 - Feb 14 by AngelRangelQS

It was definitely worth a shot. I don’t think anyone should be criticised for the appointment as it seemed to make sense.

Ultimately though, he’s got nothing about him whatsoever.

This, for me.

At the time, I thought it looked a decent decision as he was likely to be working with quite a lot of youngsters. The problem appears to be that he doesn't know how to deal with adults, particularly the ones in the opposition teams.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:44 - Feb 15 with 1456 viewsWarwickHunt

Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:38 - Feb 15 by MattG

This, for me.

At the time, I thought it looked a decent decision as he was likely to be working with quite a lot of youngsters. The problem appears to be that he doesn't know how to deal with adults, particularly the ones in the opposition teams.

Cooper had all the right credentials on 09:58 - Feb 15 with 1420 viewsmonmouth

“Two a penny coaching badge man”

Stop stealing my lines :)

Yeah, agree on paper it looked a decent shout, certainly as much or more than Martinez. Some bets come off, some don’t, but we all know it’s important to know when to cut your losses, and for me we are there. We are a disorganised shambles, picking teams with a pin, and looking scared to be positive until we are behind with nothing to lose. That is all on the manager or ‘head coach’. No player improvement at all in 8 months and absolutely no self awareness to see change is needed and he is out of his depth. Blames players when we lose and fist pumps when we win. If he was an investment, there would only be one conclusion.

Sell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper had all the right credentials on 10:06 - Feb 15 with 1394 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Nothing seems to be changing with Cooper, apart from the fooking back four every week.

He doesn't seem to learn and adapt, which is the biggest worry for me.

There are some good players in our squad who are losing confidence each week.

[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:08]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Cooper had all the right credentials on 10:13 - Feb 15 with 1363 viewsSmellyplumz

Cooper had all the right credentials on 07:56 - Feb 15 by Brynmill_Jack

He may be great at talking to under 17s but he’s not playing against teams of under 17s anymore. Grown hardened men are a different proposition.

Also to compound this I’m beginning to sense he firstly lost the older heads in the squad and now the younger ones have seen through is “only one plan and it’s plan A ) mentality and just aren’t responding.

Now is the time to make the change, it’s not too late to make the play offs and even if we don’t get promoted (which we won’t) the new man will at least have a good couple of months to help turn performances around and to assess the (rather ominous looking) summer rebuild.

Play offs! There's more chance of Lord Lucan sucking off Shergar.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper had all the right credentials on 10:24 - Feb 15 with 1335 viewssainthelens

Cooper had all the right credentials on 10:06 - Feb 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

Nothing seems to be changing with Cooper, apart from the fooking back four every week.

He doesn't seem to learn and adapt, which is the biggest worry for me.

There are some good players in our squad who are losing confidence each week.

[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:08]

Bringing in Guehi has fckd his head up. Should have persevered with Cabango until Jo and VDH fully fit. Didn't need to bring him in. Now it looks like there is a clause to play him. Coops...yer fckn heads gone son.
Cooper had all the right credentials on 11:40 - Feb 15 with 1252 viewsangryjack

Cooper had all the right credentials on 23:58 - Feb 14 by sainthelens

No did Martinez but cooper is no Martinez
Cooper had all the right credentials on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 1247 viewsangryjack

Cooper had all the right credentials on 10:24 - Feb 15 by sainthelens

Bringing in Guehi has fckd his head up. Should have persevered with Cabango until Jo and VDH fully fit. Didn't need to bring him in. Now it looks like there is a clause to play him. Coops...yer fckn heads gone son.

Cabango also not good enough
Cooper had all the right credentials on 11:51 - Feb 15 with 1229 viewsswan65split

As Eric would say , They are all the right credentials, but in the wrong man!
Cooper had all the right credentials on 13:34 - Feb 15 with 1156 viewskarnataka

Cooper had all the right credentials on 11:42 - Feb 15 by angryjack

Cabango also not good enough

But better than Guehi..........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024