Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 431694 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 16:08 - Apr 24 with 1521 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:01 - Apr 24 by controversial_jack

New cases up by 5386 today. They don't seen to be dropping which is concerning.We may have hit a kind of plateau.

We are testing more people. It’s bound to go up as more tests are done.

The percentage of tests that are positive is dropping quite quickly. It was mid 40% then mid 30% and is today 29%.

As are the hospital admissions, ICU utilisation and deaths (the table that shows deaths by day they occurred rather than day they are reported shows a clear drop albeit, you also have to look at deaths in the community which are ignored in the daily totals).
Corona Virus on 16:17 - Apr 24 with 1510 viewsScotia

New cases up by 5386 today. They don't seen to be dropping which is concerning.We may have hit a kind of plateau.

In Wales there is just nine more cases than yesterday but 200 more tests have been taken. We are getting there.
Corona Virus on 16:24 - Apr 24 with 1496 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 16:17 - Apr 24 by Scotia

In Wales there is just nine more cases than yesterday but 200 more tests have been taken. We are getting there.

Let's hope so.
Corona Virus on 16:55 - Apr 24 with 1455 viewsCooperman

You’re paying attention to the wrong metric.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 16:56 - Apr 24 with 1449 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 16:55 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

You’re paying attention to the wrong metric.

Which one should i be looking at?
Corona Virus on 16:58 - Apr 24 with 1447 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 16:08 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

We are testing more people. It’s bound to go up as more tests are done.

The percentage of tests that are positive is dropping quite quickly. It was mid 40% then mid 30% and is today 29%.

As are the hospital admissions, ICU utilisation and deaths (the table that shows deaths by day they occurred rather than day they are reported shows a clear drop albeit, you also have to look at deaths in the community which are ignored in the daily totals).

Where is the % of positive tests data published? I’ve tweeted Boris several times asking him to stick a second axis on his new cases graph but he’s so far failed to listen to me.

Lie, damn lies and statistics, eh?

Corona Virus on 17:05 - Apr 24 with 1437 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:58 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Where is the % of positive tests data published? I’ve tweeted Boris several times asking him to stick a second axis on his new cases graph but he’s so far failed to listen to me.

Lie, damn lies and statistics, eh?

All the data is published by DHSC.

When they tweet their daily stats, a bunch of scientist / maths people / stats people etc have been breaking down the detailed info (which is being published every day in exportable data tables) onto graphs. It’s one of the best places to see what’s actually happening. The % positive cases of daily testing is on the graph here - I have no idea how to show the picture I’m afraid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWYAQEmWoAcWXVi?format=jpg&name=large
Corona Virus on 17:08 - Apr 24 with 1428 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:05 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

All the data is published by DHSC.

When they tweet their daily stats, a bunch of scientist / maths people / stats people etc have been breaking down the detailed info (which is being published every day in exportable data tables) onto graphs. It’s one of the best places to see what’s actually happening. The % positive cases of daily testing is on the graph here - I have no idea how to show the picture I’m afraid.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWYAQEmWoAcWXVi?format=jpg&name=large

Ahh, that’s excellent and looks just like the data set that I told Boris he needs.

I hadn’t seen this before and had kept my own post-it note of scribbled calculations. Thanks for sharing.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Apr 24 with 1420 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 16:56 - Apr 24 by controversial_jack

Which one should i be looking at?

See Lisa’s link.

% of positive tests and number of hospital cases are far more meaningful than number of new cases. If we were able to test one million people tomorrow we would likely see 290,000 new cases which doesn’t tell us much when it’s a single data set.

Corona Virus on 17:13 - Apr 24 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:08 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Ahh, that’s excellent and looks just like the data set that I told Boris he needs.

I hadn’t seen this before and had kept my own post-it note of scribbled calculations. Thanks for sharing.

The other really useful one is this, which shows deaths b6 date of death rather than date reported.
Clearly see the trend. It’s only for England, I’m afraid. I don’t know the equivalent for Wales.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWX_ebUXYAAyiXY?format=jpg&name=large
Corona Virus on 17:21 - Apr 24 with 1397 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:13 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

The other really useful one is this, which shows deaths b6 date of death rather than date reported.
Clearly see the trend. It’s only for England, I’m afraid. I don’t know the equivalent for Wales.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWX_ebUXYAAyiXY?format=jpg&name=large

Crikey, that’s a good looking graph! I don’t pay that much attention to the news these days as it’s largely bad news and I don’t need Sky News to tell me where I am in my life right now.

On the other hand though surely this positive message should be spread more widely as a means of motivating the public toward keeping up the fight? I always drive my teams towards their goals based on positivity rather than painting a negative picture to start with. If the message is the right one then putting this graph into the Downing Street address doesn’t have to result in people going out to party; it’s all down to the quality of the accompanying message. I think we could avoid a considerable amount of mental anguish by adding more positive tones to the daily news.

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 1391 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 17:08 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Seems about the same number of cases that are positive , despite more tests
Corona Virus on 17:27 - Apr 24 with 1388 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Apr 24 by controversial_jack

Seems about the same number of cases that are positive , despite more tests

Which is good.

Corona Virus on 17:28 - Apr 24 with 1383 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:27 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Which is good.

It looks good and should be in the press to lighten the load.
But think about it.
Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 24 with 1373 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:21 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Crikey, that’s a good looking graph! I don’t pay that much attention to the news these days as it’s largely bad news and I don’t need Sky News to tell me where I am in my life right now.

On the other hand though surely this positive message should be spread more widely as a means of motivating the public toward keeping up the fight? I always drive my teams towards their goals based on positivity rather than painting a negative picture to start with. If the message is the right one then putting this graph into the Downing Street address doesn’t have to result in people going out to party; it’s all down to the quality of the accompanying message. I think we could avoid a considerable amount of mental anguish by adding more positive tones to the daily news.

I think they’re deliberately trying to keep people from breaking the lockdown. There are definitely more people around and it’s getting harder to make people stick to it.

I think the problem is that messaging is so dreary (Whitty saying it could be a year) that people will just say ‘sod it’ and go out.

The other issue is that so many are trying to focus on how sh*t it all is, whereas when you look at the detailed data, it’s far more informative.

I’ve been using these data sets for weeks now, and find it far more useful, I’d recommend looking at the social media discussion following the daily announcement from DHSC as there are loads of these useful graphs.
Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 24 with 1346 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

I think they’re deliberately trying to keep people from breaking the lockdown. There are definitely more people around and it’s getting harder to make people stick to it.

I think the problem is that messaging is so dreary (Whitty saying it could be a year) that people will just say ‘sod it’ and go out.

The other issue is that so many are trying to focus on how sh*t it all is, whereas when you look at the detailed data, it’s far more informative.

I’ve been using these data sets for weeks now, and find it far more useful, I’d recommend looking at the social media discussion following the daily announcement from DHSC as there are loads of these useful graphs.

Hmm, the overall quality of the messages and media is poor IMO.

I am fairly convinced that we could have achieved the same reductions in people movement but accompanied with a different positive message that resulted in less mental anguish.

My opinion only, I’m a millions miles away from the front line.

Corona Virus on 17:53 - Apr 24 with 1319 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Hmm, the overall quality of the messages and media is poor IMO.

I am fairly convinced that we could have achieved the same reductions in people movement but accompanied with a different positive message that resulted in less mental anguish.

My opinion only, I’m a millions miles away from the front line.

I personally think it’s been utter crap, not just poor.

Ive been banging on about mental impact of stress and fear for weeks and weeks.

The problem is that while you, I, and the vast majority can understand a nuanced, grown up message, there is an unfortunately large minority of people in this country who seem to be thick as sh*t.
Corona Virus on 18:19 - Apr 24 with 1297 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 17:27 - Apr 24 by Cooperman

Which is good.

Is it?
Corona Virus on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 1260 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 15:11 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

I think, to be fair, they said we’re certainly not doing it here and it’s not something we’re looking in to.

I guess they can’t actually say they ‘the President is a complete f*ckwit’ given they’re desperate for a post brexit trade deal with him.

As we as a country have commented on chlorinated chicken many times, maybe they will stop doing that and start injecting chicken with disinfectant instead to get a US-UK deal done.
Corona Virus on 19:09 - Apr 24 with 1240 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 17:53 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

I personally think it’s been utter crap, not just poor.

Ive been banging on about mental impact of stress and fear for weeks and weeks.

The problem is that while you, I, and the vast majority can understand a nuanced, grown up message, there is an unfortunately large minority of people in this country who seem to be thick as sh*t.

Without wanting to sound Icke, almost by design
Are these pricks that incompetent to see that we need clearer messages?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 1208 viewsmonmouth

"The Science"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-dominic-cummings-on-secre

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Apr 24 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Apr 24 by monmouth

"The Science"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-dominic-cummings-on-secre

Dear god.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 1178 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:49 - Apr 24 by monmouth

"The Science"

Bad enough him even being there as an observer. If he participated it’s shocking.

The CSA needs to confirm that he was there to listen directly to the scientists and was not a participant. Every single time Cummings opens his mouth on anything he sounds like someone whose idea of science, or stats, or economics or management, or indeed anything else, has been gleaned from the WH Smith non fiction airport top ten.
Corona Virus on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 1171 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:09 - Apr 24 by waynekerr55

Without wanting to sound Icke, almost by design
Are these pricks that incompetent to see that we need clearer messages?

I’ve no idea. But at the moment we are dripping out of lockdown. It may be designed that way (as lockdown was - London certainly self isolated a week earlier than the official lockdown).

I’m not moving unless absolutely necessary until there’s a vaccine...
Corona Virus on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 1707 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Apr 24 by londonlisa2001

Bad enough him even being there as an observer. If he participated it’s shocking.

The CSA needs to confirm that he was there to listen directly to the scientists and was not a participant. Every single time Cummings opens his mouth on anything he sounds like someone whose idea of science, or stats, or economics or management, or indeed anything else, has been gleaned from the WH Smith non fiction airport top ten.

He will have controlled the whole shebang and decided the conclusions, that's his whole modus operandi. There is nothing that can damage this set of cowboys is there?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024