Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437769 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Apr 25 with 1246 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 16:51 - Apr 25 by Highjack

You missed cillit bang.

I know. There are some similar things produced by neutrophils and macrophages but in tiny quantities
Corona Virus on 17:13 - Apr 25 with 1242 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:54 - Apr 25 by Professor

I will tell you when I have more time! In the middle of writing a basic Immunology chapter for a
Book on poultry health. All at the front of my mind right now

So you have shown your ability, but Lisa hasn't and I don't suppose she even bothere to watch the video I posted which explains what who said what at that press conference..
Perhaps you will find some time in the future to explain what is wrong with the 2 links I provided.
I am not making any claims for them, I am explaining the background for President Trump's flippant remarks.
Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 25 with 1223 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:13 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

So you have shown your ability, but Lisa hasn't and I don't suppose she even bothere to watch the video I posted which explains what who said what at that press conference..
Perhaps you will find some time in the future to explain what is wrong with the 2 links I provided.
I am not making any claims for them, I am explaining the background for President Trump's flippant remarks.

Aww have you fallen for his “I was being sarcastic to make you all think” excuse.

Bless you.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 17:23 - Apr 25 with 1214 viewslondonlisa2001

10 minutes ago you said he thinks he knows about medicine and he doesn’t.

I predicted you’d defend Trump even when he’d said something quite monumentally stupid, and here you are...
Corona Virus on 17:26 - Apr 25 with 1208 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:23 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

I predicted you’d defend Trump even when he’d said something quite monumentally stupid, and here you are...

Yeah but he had to wait 24 hours for Trump to come up with his own excuse first though.

Corona Virus on 17:28 - Apr 25 with 1201 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:26 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but he had to wait 24 hours for Trump to come up with his own excuse first though.

Oh God - tell me this isn’t Trump pretending he knew all about this all along? Surely not.

We all saw it ffs.
Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 25 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 17:28 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Oh God - tell me this isn’t Trump pretending he knew all about this all along? Surely not.

We all saw it ffs.

Trump said yesterday he was being sarcastic to get a rise out of the “fake news media”

Sound familiar?

Corona Virus on 17:30 - Apr 25 with 1190 viewsGlyn1

I see the BBC has used our stadium as a comparison:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-52419218

At least, 20,000 have now died, the capacity of the Liberty Stadium in Swansea
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 17:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:31 - Apr 25 with 1187 viewschad

Corona Virus on 15:33 - Apr 25 by Highjack

Do you remember Doctor David Kelly?

Yes I do. Sadly memories are all anyone has of him.

As far as I know none of the members of SAGE have joined the disappeared
Corona Virus on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 1168 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Aww have you fallen for his “I was being sarcastic to make you all think” excuse.

Bless you.

No, his remarks were flippant because he did not quote any sources for the ideas.
Here is yet another offering for using "bleach" to treat COVID-19 from March.
https://andreaskalcker.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Chlorine-Dioxide-against-C
Corona Virus on 17:40 - Apr 25 with 1160 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I did not say I know about medicine, I said a new the products the body produces during illness.
Two completely different things, I am quite capable of reading.
So here is another for you on using "Bleach" to treat COVID-19 from March.
https://andreaskalcker.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Chlorine-Dioxide-against-C

As you always tell me "Knock yourself out ".

ps. it would appear that this is the one that President Trump was told about. It is used in treating drinking water.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 17:54]
Corona Virus on 17:43 - Apr 25 with 1152 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you had bothered to watch the video that I posted you would realise that I am just passing on what others have found defending President Trump's "monumental stupidity".
Corona Virus on 17:43 - Apr 25 with 1150 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Bless you.

In the face of stiff PS competition, he’s got an unassailable lead in the Twàt Of The Year award and it’s only April.
Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 25 with 1150 viewsmonmouth

Flippant? You muppet

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 25 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:40 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I did not say I know about medicine, I said a new the products the body produces during illness.
Two completely different things, I am quite capable of reading.
So here is another for you on using "Bleach" to treat COVID-19 from March.

As you always tell me "Knock yourself out ".

ps. it would appear that this is the one that President Trump was told about. It is used in treating drinking water.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 17:54]

You are quite clearly not capable of reading. Including the post you’ve just replied to.

Try again.
Corona Virus on 17:46 - Apr 25 with 1136 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 16:47 - Apr 25 by Scotia

It's the busiest on the roads it has been for ages today. Almost like a normal Saturday afternoon. Just back from my daily 10k. It took ages to cross the road by the stadium and Cwm Level park.

A lot of public the public have given up on the lock down.

See, now this is where I think one daily exercise is being taken too far. Same as those cyclists that are out doing over 50 miles a day. (not a dig at you butt, but a point of discussion).

When does exercise become excessive? The longer a person is out and about, the more chance of coming into contact with others, or having an accident.

I'm not allowed to go out for an hour or two on my enduro motorbike, but someone on a push bike can go out for 50, 100 or more miles every single day. How is that fair? And please save the "riding a motorbike isn't exercise". I will gladly let you go up a mountain trail on my bike, and see how you feel the following day (not you personally Scotia).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 25 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:29 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

Trump said yesterday he was being sarcastic to get a rise out of the “fake news media”

Sound familiar?

Hahahaha.

Yes, of course he was. The monumental orange dullard.

And he was being sarcastic when recommending a drug that the FDA issued a warning about yesterday.

And when he said the virus was ‘clever’ because it couldn’t be treated with an antibiotic.

Sarcasm is his middle name.
Corona Virus on 17:58 - Apr 25 with 1107 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 17:46 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

See, now this is where I think one daily exercise is being taken too far. Same as those cyclists that are out doing over 50 miles a day. (not a dig at you butt, but a point of discussion).

When does exercise become excessive? The longer a person is out and about, the more chance of coming into contact with others, or having an accident.

I'm not allowed to go out for an hour or two on my enduro motorbike, but someone on a push bike can go out for 50, 100 or more miles every single day. How is that fair? And please save the "riding a motorbike isn't exercise". I will gladly let you go up a mountain trail on my bike, and see how you feel the following day (not you personally Scotia).

Just got back from Waitrose and the South Circular is the like the TDF.
Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 25 with 1104 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Hahahaha.

And he was being sarcastic when recommending a drug that the FDA issued a warning about yesterday.

And when he said the virus was ‘clever’ because it couldn’t be treated with an antibiotic.

Did you bother to read the warning?
"The Food and Drug Administration strongly warned Friday against using hydroxychloroquine or a related compound, chloroquine, for treating or preventing COVID-19 without strict medical supervision in a hospital or as part of a clinical trial. "

Are patients being treated in hospital under "strict medical supervision"?
Corona Virus on 18:01 - Apr 25 with 1101 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 17:48 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

Hahahaha.

Monumental orange dullard . What a wonderful phrase and a very apt description. Thanks Lisa, made me laugh and I will remember that one.
Corona Virus on 18:03 - Apr 25 with 1097 viewschad

Corona Virus on 16:16 - Apr 25 by waynekerr55

Point missed, spectacularly...

I described in detail why I did not think many (who the Prof described as very good) scientists would, to a person, sell out what they believed in, especially at such an incredibly important time.

You seemed to agree...
‘You'd like to think they'd stand up to him’

And then said...
then again from.the outside it's a different kettle of fish. Didn't Cameron describe him as a "career psychopath"?

I replied...
Did he ever describe him as a mass hypnotist, as I think that is what it would take to get all those very good scientist to meekly go against their beliefs.

You replied...
Point missed, spectacularly

I apologise for any part my own comprehension may have played in the apparent failure of your response to convey to me, what you wanted it to.

Perhaps you could explain more simply to me what you actually meant by..

‘You'd like to think they'd stand up to him. then again from.the outside it's a different kettle of fish. Didn't Cameron describe him as a "career psychopath"?’

And then I would be happy to respond in accordance with what you were actually trying to convey.
Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 25 with 1085 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you bother to read the warning?
"The Food and Drug Administration strongly warned Friday against using hydroxychloroquine or a related compound, chloroquine, for treating or preventing COVID-19 without strict medical supervision in a hospital or as part of a clinical trial. "

Are patients being treated in hospital under "strict medical supervision"?

“ Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have not been shown to be safe and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19," the FDA said on Friday.”

“ But on Friday, the FDA said that "adverse events included abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation, dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation, and in some cases, death."

“ Another early study involving the Department of Veterans Affairs found that coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation than those who did not take the drug.
The research, which looked back at patients' charts to see how they fared, was not a controlled trial. But it found that patients who took hydroxychloroquine had higher deaths rates compared to those who didn't.”

“ In a similar French study, researchers examined medical records from 181 coronavirus patients who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen. About half had taken hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of being admitted to the hospital, and the other half had not. The study, which was published on a pre-print server before undergoing peer review, found no statistically significant difference in the death rates of the two groups, or in their chances of being admitted to the intensive care unit.
Eight patients who took the drug, though, developed abnormal heart rhythms and had to stop taking it.“

The fact that Trump has a personal financial interest in the company that makes the drug is, of course, of no interest.
Corona Virus on 18:21 - Apr 25 with 1062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 25 by londonlisa2001

“ Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have not been shown to be safe and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19," the FDA said on Friday.”

“ But on Friday, the FDA said that "adverse events included abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation, dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation, and in some cases, death."

“ Another early study involving the Department of Veterans Affairs found that coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation than those who did not take the drug.
The research, which looked back at patients' charts to see how they fared, was not a controlled trial. But it found that patients who took hydroxychloroquine had higher deaths rates compared to those who didn't.”

“ In a similar French study, researchers examined medical records from 181 coronavirus patients who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen. About half had taken hydroxychloroquine within 48 hours of being admitted to the hospital, and the other half had not. The study, which was published on a pre-print server before undergoing peer review, found no statistically significant difference in the death rates of the two groups, or in their chances of being admitted to the intensive care unit.
Eight patients who took the drug, though, developed abnormal heart rhythms and had to stop taking it.“

The fact that Trump has a personal financial interest in the company that makes the drug is, of course, of no interest.

The drug is made all over the world, has a lapsed patent and has been approved for use since 1955.
The wholesale cost in the developing world was about US$4.65 per month as of 2015, when used for rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. In the United States the wholesale cost of a month of treatment is about US$25 as of 2020. In the United Kingdom this dose costs the National Health Service about £5.15.
Not exactly going to make a fortune compared to the costs of Vaxines is it?

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria. It is considered the first-line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.

It is widely used to treat primary Sjögren syndrome, but has not been shown to be effective. Hydroxychloroquine is widely used in the treatment of post-Lyme arthritis. It may have both an anti-spirochaete activity and an anti-inflammatory activity, similar to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
Corona Virus on 18:26 - Apr 25 with 1050 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:21 - Apr 25 by A_Fans_Dad

The drug is made all over the world, has a lapsed patent and has been approved for use since 1955.
The wholesale cost in the developing world was about US$4.65 per month as of 2015, when used for rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. In the United States the wholesale cost of a month of treatment is about US$25 as of 2020. In the United Kingdom this dose costs the National Health Service about £5.15.
Not exactly going to make a fortune compared to the costs of Vaxines is it?

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria. It is considered the first-line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.

It is widely used to treat primary Sjögren syndrome, but has not been shown to be effective. Hydroxychloroquine is widely used in the treatment of post-Lyme arthritis. It may have both an anti-spirochaete activity and an anti-inflammatory activity, similar to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.

Vaccines are usually incredibly cheap per dose. Most are pennies
Corona Virus on 18:38 - Apr 25 with 1664 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Apr 25 by Professor

Vaccines are usually incredibly cheap per dose. Most are pennies

If a pharmaceutical company becomes the first to produce a vaccine, do you think there is a possibility of it sharing its secrets/expertise with other rivals to put compassion/humanity before profit?

Or maybe at the very least, come to some kind of royalty-type arrangement so that many more doses can be mass produced by others so many more people can be inoculated from the availability of a lot more production lines?

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024