Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432900 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 1768 viewsraynor94

Corona Virus on 14:49 - Apr 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Then again maybe not.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/248823/20200414/new-coronavirus-mutation-stra

God, your a pedantic arse

I feel sorry for the fans!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corona Virus on 16:49 - Apr 26 with 1704 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:15 - Apr 26 by A_Fans_Dad

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

UV light bio tech company Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment.

That stupid idiot Trump just doesn't have a clue.

It’s that agreement that led Trump to mention it in the first place ffs. It was announced the day or so before he spoke.

As I said, a little kernel of information that hasn’t been understood.

You’re last sentence is absolutely correct. There are people that have been treated in the US today for drinking bleach.
Corona Virus on 16:53 - Apr 26 with 1698 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:49 - Apr 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Then again maybe not.
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/248823/20200414/new-coronavirus-mutation-stra

Perhaps if you learned to read dates in reports you link it may help?

Or are you saying that this is yet another area where you know more than the team involved?

You now know more than Sarah Gilbert and her team at Oxford?

What next ?

‘Stephen Hawking - what a tw*t’ by FandsDad
‘Gravity - why Newton was wrong’ by FansDad
‘E doesn’t actually equal MC2’ - by FansDad
Corona Virus on 16:54 - Apr 26 with 1694 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 16:49 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

It’s that agreement that led Trump to mention it in the first place ffs. It was announced the day or so before he spoke.

As I said, a little kernel of information that hasn’t been understood.

You’re last sentence is absolutely correct. There are people that have been treated in the US today for drinking bleach.

” There are people that have been treated in the US today for drinking bleach.”

Is that really true? Good grief!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 17:01 - Apr 26 with 1681 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 16:54 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

According to more than one A&E doctor today, yes (or emergency room, I think they call it).

There are some very, very, stupid people around, which is why this nonsense from Trump matters.
Corona Virus on 17:07 - Apr 26 with 1669 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 17:01 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

According to more than one A&E doctor today, yes (or emergency room, I think they call it).

There are some very, very, stupid people around, which is why this nonsense from Trump matters.

That’s next level daft. I shudder to think of the internal damage that would have caused if it had been imbibed in quantity. Absolute lunacy.

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Apr 26 with 1664 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:07 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

That’s next level daft. I shudder to think of the internal damage that would have caused if it had been imbibed in quantity. Absolute lunacy.

30 cases in New York, apparently.

The Washington Post has this also:

“ In a news conference Saturday, Ngozi Ezike, Illinois’s public health director, said there has been a spike in poison control calls the past two days, including reports of people using disinfectants as a sinus rinse. Ezike described another person who reportedly used a combination of bleach and mouthwash to kill germs.
Alarmed officials in other states have also been warning against injecting or ingesting cleaning products after Trump’s statements.
Maryland’s Emergency Management Agency issued a reminder Friday on social media that “under no circumstances should any disinfectant product be administered into the body through injection, ingestion or any other route.” The governor’s office said that it decided to issue that tweet after more than 100 people called their hotline seeking information about the president’s claims.”
Corona Virus on 17:18 - Apr 26 with 1655 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

“ In a news conference Saturday, Ngozi Ezike, Illinois’s public health director, said there has been a spike in poison control calls the past two days, including reports of people using disinfectants as a sinus rinse. Ezike described another person who reportedly used a combination of bleach and mouthwash to kill germs.
Alarmed officials in other states have also been warning against injecting or ingesting cleaning products after Trump’s statements.
Maryland’s Emergency Management Agency issued a reminder Friday on social media that “under no circumstances should any disinfectant product be administered into the body through injection, ingestion or any other route.” The governor’s office said that it decided to issue that tweet after more than 100 people called their hotline seeking information about the president’s claims.”

That’s probably why I’ve stopped watching the news, Lis. People continually prove to be a disappointment.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 17:22 - Apr 26 with 1645 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 16:54 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

Was it to cure Corona virus or because they've had enough of Trump?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:25 - Apr 26 with 1633 viewsmonmouth

Oh FFS. The Trump should just be (humanely) put down. Does far more damage than a rabid dog and has fewer active brain cells.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 17:30 - Apr 26 with 1617 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 17:10 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

The people we're talking about won't understand "injection, ingestion or any other route".

It doesn't specifically say don't swallow it so it must be ok. They need to realise that they can't underestimate the intelligence of these people.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 17:33]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 17:33 - Apr 26 with 1607 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

There was an interesting report on vaccines for corona virus in chickens (I think it was chickens?) and work being done based on that in Israel at the moment as an potential as well.

I think that if we, for example, can’t get to a completely effective vaccine but instead to one where the severity of infection is greatly reduced then that’s a great step forward.

Infectious Bronchitis- my department works on it in collaboration with Bohringer- Ingleheim.
My colleague has optimised using 2 different IBV vaccines along with a vaccine for Newcastle Disease to enhance protection. Really effective way of giving the vaccines by spraying chicks at the hatchery. It’s an important disease in the U.K. There is a nastier strain called QX which emerged in China and previous vaccine regimens offered limited protection. This is a possibility for humans-what we call a heterologous prime- boost (something the Oxford
Group are absolute experts on). The Oxford vaccine could be given first by injection, with perhaps a different vaccine used to boost perhaps by nasal
Spray. It enhances T cell responses a lot more than traditional boost with the same vaccine
Corona Virus on 17:33 - Apr 26 with 1604 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 17:30 - Apr 26 by Joe_bradshaw

The people we're talking about won't understand "injection, ingestion or any other route".

It doesn't specifically say don't swallow it so it must be ok. They need to realise that they can't underestimate the intelligence of these people.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 17:33]

That's a very good point. Just simplify the language. "Trump is the most stupid President in history, don't drink bleach."

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 17:41 - Apr 26 with 1590 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 13:49 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

There was an interesting report on vaccines for corona virus in chickens (I think it was chickens?) and work being done based on that in Israel at the moment as an potential as well.

I think that if we, for example, can’t get to a completely effective vaccine but instead to one where the severity of infection is greatly reduced then that’s a great step forward.

So should have added, the Israeli stuff is a bit what we call hand-waving! There are
Multiple Vaccines already at market. The big problem is these largely prevent disease
Not infection and as a consequence help drive the evolution of increased virulence. This is something we need to be really careful with as we don’t want SARS-CoV2 with SARS-CoV1 virulence
Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 26 with 1586 viewsFieryJack

"In 1911, the swallowing of Lysol, an antiseptic disinfectant, became the number one cause of suicide in Australia and New York."

Self-slaughter by such means was common enough in the UK in the 1920s and 30s - and a particularly agonising and long-winded way to go.

Totally out of fashion now, of course...unless too many thickos listen to Trump.

Ironically, the same product, Lysol, was marketed in 1918, as being useful in the fight against Spanish flu...but only to clean hard surfaces, not for effing drinking.
Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 26 with 1586 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:33 - Apr 26 by Professor

Infectious Bronchitis- my department works on it in collaboration with Bohringer- Ingleheim.
My colleague has optimised using 2 different IBV vaccines along with a vaccine for Newcastle Disease to enhance protection. Really effective way of giving the vaccines by spraying chicks at the hatchery. It’s an important disease in the U.K. There is a nastier strain called QX which emerged in China and previous vaccine regimens offered limited protection. This is a possibility for humans-what we call a heterologous prime- boost (something the Oxford
Group are absolute experts on). The Oxford vaccine could be given first by injection, with perhaps a different vaccine used to boost perhaps by nasal
Spray. It enhances T cell responses a lot more than traditional boost with the same vaccine

Interesting. The Israel report I referred to said they were aiming for an oral vaccination (tablet) which would make it far easier to administer more quickly to everyone.

Whichever works doesn’t matter. Finding one that does is the important bit.

What’s your view on the recent findings on the Rubella vaccine giving some protection? I was wondering if this could any bearing in the numbers of severe and fatal cases in men vs women (as my generation of women were all vaccinated at school while the boys weren’t - at the time it was all about the danger of German measles in pregnancy hence the difference, it being pre MMR).
Corona Virus on 17:47 - Apr 26 with 1582 viewsWarwickHunt

He’s killing his own supporters. Ironic.
Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 1563 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:47 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

He’s killing his own supporters. Ironic.

He must be, because no one else would be listening to him at this point.
Corona Virus on 18:06 - Apr 26 with 1545 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

He must be, because no one else would be listening to him at this point.

To be fair many people do listen to him because there's great comedy value.

There's not much funny though, in people drinking bleach because of him. He's a national health crisis all by himself.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 18:06 - Apr 26 with 1542 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 17:44 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

Interesting. The Israel report I referred to said they were aiming for an oral vaccination (tablet) which would make it far easier to administer more quickly to everyone.

Whichever works doesn’t matter. Finding one that does is the important bit.

What’s your view on the recent findings on the Rubella vaccine giving some protection? I was wondering if this could any bearing in the numbers of severe and fatal cases in men vs women (as my generation of women were all vaccinated at school while the boys weren’t - at the time it was all about the danger of German measles in pregnancy hence the difference, it being pre MMR).

I could well be wrong here but I thought they had been talking about the TB inoculation rather than Rubella, or have both rated a recent mention?

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 26 with 1540 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trump has stopped his daily press briefings now because they were asking him hard questions. It’s safer all round to be honest.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 18:20 - Apr 26 with 1516 viewsHumpty

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Trump has stopped his daily press briefings now because they were asking him hard questions. It’s safer all round to be honest.

And the press couldn't cope with his withering sarcasm. Or something.
Corona Virus on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 1503 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:06 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

I could well be wrong here but I thought they had been talking about the TB inoculation rather than Rubella, or have both rated a recent mention?

They’ve been talking about the BCG, but they’ve now started noticing an effect of the Rubella apparently. I found it interesting because of this weird women vs men difference. Even for women over a certain age where it can’t be explained by oestrogen...

You’re the same age as me - girls in school used to get rubella vaccine but not boys if you remember. Apparently the way it works is by stimulating a more generic immune response rather than specific to that virus.
Corona Virus on 18:46 - Apr 26 with 1463 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 18:20 - Apr 26 by Humpty

And the press couldn't cope with his withering sarcasm. Or something.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 19:00 - Apr 26 with 2481 viewsZaxx

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Nah mate, it's all the 'fake news' reporters...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024