Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 433010 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 19:01 - Apr 26 with 2505 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Trump has stopped his daily press briefings now because they were asking him hard questions. It’s safer all round to be honest.

They should fly, A Fans Dad in to do them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 19:03 - Apr 26 with 2495 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 19:01 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

https://imgur.com/rSG77mU

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 2489 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 18:07 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Trump has stopped his daily press briefings now because they were asking him hard questions. It’s safer all round to be honest.

The daily briefings are utterly pointless, with or without Trump. Apart from the death figures and any new advice which they could just put out in a statement it’s just the same nonsense everyday.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 19:18 - Apr 26 with 2453 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:01 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

They couldn’t be any less mental.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Apr 26 with 2397 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 19:18 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

They couldn’t be any less mental.

In my experience, there’s always a resident mental case on PS.

What happened to the two we had last year, the EastEnders bloke and the other one?
Corona Virus on 19:56 - Apr 26 with 2395 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Apr 26 by airedale

In my experience, there’s always a resident mental case on PS.

What happened to the two we had last year, the EastEnders bloke and the other one?

Feck knows. This place has always had its fair share of lunatics. Some of them lovable, some of them not so much. Fan’s dad is just hilarious.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 26 with 2385 viewsJackinexile1

Corona Virus on 10:45 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

No.

Tracker?
Corona Virus on 21:32 - Apr 26 with 2313 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 18:20 - Apr 26 by Humpty

And the press couldn't cope with his withering sarcasm. Or something.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 21:37 - Apr 26 with 2306 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 18:06 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

I could well be wrong here but I thought they had been talking about the TB inoculation rather than Rubella, or have both rated a recent mention?

More TB than rubella. It’s a relatively recently discovered phenomenon called trained immunity. So as you probably know the immune system has memory. This is in the adaptive response and we have memory T and B lymphocytes that activate cellular and antibody responses respectively.
This is long-term and for some pathogens is lifelong. Trained immunity is more short term and involves stimulating cells of the innate immune system ( mainly macrophages) that respond more effectively to future challenges. It is non specific, but certainly helps early responses. It is not really an answer but may help
Corona Virus on 22:22 - Apr 26 with 2260 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 21:37 - Apr 26 by Professor

More TB than rubella. It’s a relatively recently discovered phenomenon called trained immunity. So as you probably know the immune system has memory. This is in the adaptive response and we have memory T and B lymphocytes that activate cellular and antibody responses respectively.
This is long-term and for some pathogens is lifelong. Trained immunity is more short term and involves stimulating cells of the innate immune system ( mainly macrophages) that respond more effectively to future challenges. It is non specific, but certainly helps early responses. It is not really an answer but may help

Thank you for that, sir. Having paid attention to the BBC World Service in the wee small hours for the last week in work I’m able to boast a breezy familiarity with most if not all of the terms you employed.

In all seriousness though I have been listening with the aim of increasing an understanding of what it is we’re dealing with that’s all but absent. I am genuinely interested in acquiring a modicum of understanding and your informed response was much appreciated.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 22:30 - Apr 26 with 2242 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 18:26 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

They’ve been talking about the BCG, but they’ve now started noticing an effect of the Rubella apparently. I found it interesting because of this weird women vs men difference. Even for women over a certain age where it can’t be explained by oestrogen...

You’re the same age as me - girls in school used to get rubella vaccine but not boys if you remember. Apparently the way it works is by stimulating a more generic immune response rather than specific to that virus.

” You’re the same age as me - girls in school used to get rubella vaccine but not boys if you remember.”

Yes I do, love. I can remember it well. That, for you and I, was forty years ago now!

Can you imagine...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 22:41 - Apr 26 with 2217 viewsCatullus

We're all worried about Covid-19 but what if it wasn' the biggest threat?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/apr/26/what-if-covid-19-isnt-our-bigges

1 in 6, enjoy it while it lasts!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Apr 26 with 2197 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 22:22 - Apr 26 by Lohengrin

Thank you for that, sir. Having paid attention to the BBC World Service in the wee small hours for the last week in work I’m able to boast a breezy familiarity with most if not all of the terms you employed.

In all seriousness though I have been listening with the aim of increasing an understanding of what it is we’re dealing with that’s all but absent. I am genuinely interested in acquiring a modicum of understanding and your informed response was much appreciated.

Thanks. It is my job and working life. Immunology is very complex, yet simple once you see the whole picture in its context. Taught very badly usually
Corona Virus (n/t) on 18:47 - Apr 27 with 1944 viewsperplex

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 18:50]
Corona Virus on 19:51 - Apr 27 with 1895 viewsGaryjack

Apparently Donald Trump has advised all weightlifters who cannot get to the gym because of lock down, to inject themselves with Mr Muscle.
Corona Virus on 20:29 - Apr 27 with 1853 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 22:41 - Apr 26 by Catullus

We're all worried about Covid-19 but what if it wasn' the biggest threat?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/apr/26/what-if-covid-19-isnt-our-bigges

1 in 6, enjoy it while it lasts!

He puts the odds on planet extinction at 100/1.
How the fck would you collect the winnings?
Corona Virus on 20:42 - Apr 27 with 1832 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:29 - Apr 27 by sainthelens

He puts the odds on planet extinction at 100/1.
How the fck would you collect the winnings?

Ok the odds would be a bit lower, but you could cash out early when it becomes blatantly obvious it's all gone Pete Tong?
Corona Virus on 20:47 - Apr 27 with 1814 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:42 - Apr 27 by Garyjack

Ok the odds would be a bit lower, but you could cash out early when it becomes blatantly obvious it's all gone Pete Tong?

When you say cash out, do you mean.... and join the

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 1795 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/world/europe/coronavirus-vaccine-update-oxfor

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:57 - Apr 27 with 1783 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:47 - Apr 27 by Catullus

When you say cash out, do you mean.... and join the

Angels? Life after death is as believable as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, but maybe that's for another thread. Just enjoy life while your here. Though thinking about it we may have already fvcked that up as well!
Corona Virus on 21:22 - Apr 27 with 1720 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:57 - Apr 27 by Garyjack

Angels? Life after death is as believable as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, but maybe that's for another thread. Just enjoy life while your here. Though thinking about it we may have already fvcked that up as well!

I didn't mean literally join the angels mun but there's no suitable emoji!

Corona Virus on 02:18 - Apr 28 with 1595 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 02:11 - Apr 26 by DJack

Aha, D&B lovely stuff mate. BTW I'm very awake that is why I'm concerned for you as you seem salvageable...if you are not playing a very dangerous game. Take care.

Must admit now it wasn't Dandelion and Burdoch, so time to apologise again. I was drinking that night, all jokes aside, I do feel better when I read stuff like that, with a more positive spin on it, because when you think of it, there is either a negative or positive spin, I have been reading today Prof Neil Ferguson says along the lines of relax the lockdown early and we will see 100,000 deaths,

I just prefer to go for the positive at the moment, and too be completely honest with you, I think that's the only way I''m coping with all this..

It may be all lies, but I will go for positive lies, all day long.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 09:05 - Apr 28 with 1453 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 02:18 - Apr 28 by Jack123

Must admit now it wasn't Dandelion and Burdoch, so time to apologise again. I was drinking that night, all jokes aside, I do feel better when I read stuff like that, with a more positive spin on it, because when you think of it, there is either a negative or positive spin, I have been reading today Prof Neil Ferguson says along the lines of relax the lockdown early and we will see 100,000 deaths,

I just prefer to go for the positive at the moment, and too be completely honest with you, I think that's the only way I''m coping with all this..

Trying to maintain a positive attitude can be really hard but, it really can work wonders.

However, drinking to much beer is easy and can do the reverse!

The lockdown has to stay and if people are increasingly breaking it then they are stupid. There are still a lot of unknowns around Covid-19 such as can we be reinfected or will it lay dormant and at some point be woken up.
Phillip Hammond may think we have to get the economy moving but I'd prefer to live, thank you.

Corona Virus on 09:13 - Apr 28 with 1443 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 02:18 - Apr 28 by Jack123

I'm fairly sure that Neil Ferguson is choosing his figures from a tombola at this point. Someone else whose opinion needs to be taken with a pinch of salt in the future.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 2142 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 09:13 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

I'm fairly sure that Neil Ferguson is choosing his figures from a tombola at this point. Someone else whose opinion needs to be taken with a pinch of salt in the future.

The ONS data suggests early lockdown could easily hit 60-100,000 deaths.
He does tend to go on the high side
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024