Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432606 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 2019 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 09:51 - Apr 28 by Professor

The ONS data suggests early lockdown could easily hit 60-100,000 deaths.
He does tend to go on the high side

He's been all over the place. He was down at 7,500 at one point if memory serves.

He was heavily involved in the foot and mouth thing as well wasn't he?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 28 with 1935 viewsGlyn1

Or that could be on the low side.

Here's an interesting interview with an American scientist.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/opinions/bergen-osterholm-interview-two-opinion/i

Although he doesn't mention this country, applying his assumptions means the number of deaths in the UK will be approximately 160,000.

If you think that's unlikely, have a look at it and see which of his estimates you think are too high.

Of course none of us knows.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 28 with 1931 viewslondonlisa2001

Early release of lockdown I think you mean.

The problem is keeping it in place. People are releasing of their own accord. Which I suspect is deliberate.
Corona Virus on 13:15 - Apr 28 with 1909 viewsSwanjaxs

Death rates and new cases are steadily dropping day by day, but real concern about death rates in nursing homes.

Looks like it's escalating at an alarming rate.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 1879 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:44 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

Early release of lockdown I think you mean.

The problem is keeping it in place. People are releasing of their own accord. Which I suspect is deliberate.

Doesn't that suggest the behavioural lot who advised Bojo were right?

There are definitely more people out and about here, more traffic too. We'll have wasted all the effort of the last month if we're not careful, there'll be a second wave I'm sure but it might be worse than the first if we're not careful.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 16:19 - Apr 28 with 1791 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 13:36 - Apr 28 by Catullus

Doesn't that suggest the behavioural lot who advised Bojo were right?

There are definitely more people out and about here, more traffic too. We'll have wasted all the effort of the last month if we're not careful, there'll be a second wave I'm sure but it might be worse than the first if we're not careful.

I don't think the behavioural scientists thought we'd comply at all and the fact we've stuck at it for a few weeks has surprised them.

People are definitely deciding they've had enough and are heading back out. I've just been to the bank for my parents and the staff told me it is almost as busy as a normal Tuesday although they are working condensed hours.

I think the government will have to announce plans for moving out of the lock down very soon or people will just decide for them.
Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 28 with 1767 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 16:19 - Apr 28 by Scotia

I don't think the behavioural scientists thought we'd comply at all and the fact we've stuck at it for a few weeks has surprised them.

People are definitely deciding they've had enough and are heading back out. I've just been to the bank for my parents and the staff told me it is almost as busy as a normal Tuesday although they are working condensed hours.

I think the government will have to announce plans for moving out of the lock down very soon or people will just decide for them.

Read somewhere at the start of this that the scientific models don't expect 100% compliance with the lockdown as it just isn't going to happen. I think we've done OK to be honest, and recent opinion polls suggest that the general public will largely keep doing a lot of it themselves anyway.

Some light relaxation of the rules without rapidly opening right up to begin with. I like the bubble idea, and there are businesses that are closed now that can certainly consider reopening as long as precautions are taken. Be a while before places like pubs and restaurants do, and we can forget large crowds for a good long while.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 28 with 1731 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

Read somewhere at the start of this that the scientific models don't expect 100% compliance with the lockdown as it just isn't going to happen. I think we've done OK to be honest, and recent opinion polls suggest that the general public will largely keep doing a lot of it themselves anyway.

Some light relaxation of the rules without rapidly opening right up to begin with. I like the bubble idea, and there are businesses that are closed now that can certainly consider reopening as long as precautions are taken. Be a while before places like pubs and restaurants do, and we can forget large crowds for a good long while.

I think perhaps the government should encourage shops that can open but haven't to open ASAP at least partially. Otherwise there's going to be queues like there were last weekend at b&q at greggs, mcdonald's and everywhere else.

I can't see large crowds being permitted until there's a vaccine or treatment, it wouldn't surprise if football is behind closed doors for a year at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 28 with 1703 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Apr 28 by Scotia

I think perhaps the government should encourage shops that can open but haven't to open ASAP at least partially. Otherwise there's going to be queues like there were last weekend at b&q at greggs, mcdonald's and everywhere else.

I can't see large crowds being permitted until there's a vaccine or treatment, it wouldn't surprise if football is behind closed doors for a year at least.

If you think those scenes @ B&Q, Greggs & McDonalds were bad, you wait until hairdressers get the green light and 30 million women descend on them. There will be fatalities I tell you!
Corona Virus on 18:15 - Apr 28 with 1684 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 28 by karnataka

If you think those scenes @ B&Q, Greggs & McDonalds were bad, you wait until hairdressers get the green light and 30 million women descend on them. There will be fatalities I tell you!

There will be carnage at the hairdressers

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 18:29 - Apr 28 with 1663 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 18:00 - Apr 28 by karnataka

I'll be one of them, nota woman, but heading to the hairdresser. I'll look like Roger Daltrey at woodstock by that point.
Corona Virus on 18:37 - Apr 28 with 1650 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 18:29 - Apr 28 by Scotia

I'll be one of them, nota woman, but heading to the hairdresser. I'll look like Roger Daltrey at woodstock by that point.

I'm obviously a lot older than you then because I'm heading more towards Gandalf!
Corona Virus on 19:18 - Apr 28 with 1604 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 09:57 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

He's been all over the place. He was down at 7,500 at one point if memory serves.

He was heavily involved in the foot and mouth thing as well wasn't he?

Yes. He was junior then to Roy Anderson. Their modelling was the basis of the contiguous cull adopted
Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 1554 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:29 - Apr 28 by Scotia

...and...the inner pedant in me leaps on to the table.

I think (or I hope, otherwise I've made a total dick of myself again) you have your Woodstock and your Isle of White mixed up.

Edit f*ck I just had to look it up. They were there too. I never knew that.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 20:20]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Apr 28 with 1548 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 28 by monmouth

I think (or I hope, otherwise I've made a total dick of myself again) you have your Woodstock and your Isle of White mixed up.

The Who did play Woodstock.

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 28 with 1540 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:02 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

The Who did play Woodstock.

Monny won’t get fooled again by that one.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:11 - Apr 28 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

Even someone of my generation knows that.

Corona Virus on 20:18 - Apr 28 with 1526 viewschad

Magic, busted
Corona Virus on 21:09 - Apr 28 with 1465 viewsbuilthjack

I haven't watched the news today yet. Have they said how many deaths in care homes from Covid ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 21:19 - Apr 28 with 1449 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 16:33 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

My letter said to isolate for 12 weeks and we'll be continuing to do as we have been for that 12 weeks and longer if needs be.
Some people trwat this virus too lightly. Some think they're invincible. Maybe because of all the health problems I've had it made me over cautious!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 21:24 - Apr 28 with 1438 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 21:19 - Apr 28 by Catullus

My letter said to isolate for 12 weeks and we'll be continuing to do as we have been for that 12 weeks and longer if needs be.
Some people trwat this virus too lightly. Some think they're invincible. Maybe because of all the health problems I've had it made me over cautious!

I’m with you mate. It’s like Russian Roulette for everyone but for us a few of the chambers are loaded. We’ll be the last allowed out to play but will hopefully be amongst the first in line for a vaccine. If I can get into the same room as the grandchildren before Christmas it’ll be a result.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 21:26 - Apr 28 with 1435 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 20:09 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

I'll see it coming for miles next time.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 21:30 - Apr 28 with 1423 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 21:26 - Apr 28 by monmouth

I’m taking you off and bringing on a substitute, Mon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 21:31 - Apr 28 with 1416 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:26 - Apr 28 by monmouth

Especially if it’s out (t)here in the fields.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 22:06 - Apr 28 with 2125 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 20:01 - Apr 28 by monmouth

What the hell is the Isle of White? Dear God, standards on here are slipping...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024