Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Ath 23:19 - Mar 9 with 5182 viewsMorganator100

In a mess. A big announcement due tonight.
Charlton Ath on 23:26 - Mar 9 with 5150 viewsdunvantjack100

Look set to go into administration, doesn’t look good at all.
Charlton Ath on 23:27 - Mar 9 with 5143 viewsMorganator100

Charlton Ath on 23:26 - Mar 9 by dunvantjack100

Look set to go into administration, doesn’t look good at all.

Something around the old owner having hidden dodgy deals from the current owner who now wants out.

A real mess for the club.
Charlton Ath on 23:28 - Mar 9 with 5142 viewsbuilthjack

Those new owners dodgy?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Charlton Ath on 23:31 - Mar 9 with 5132 viewsMorganator100

Charlton Ath on 23:28 - Mar 9 by builthjack

Those new owners dodgy?

he's a billionaire. An oil billionaire.

Didn't the price of oil crash today.
Charlton Ath on 04:16 - Mar 10 with 4954 viewsWhiterockin

Charlton Ath on 23:27 - Mar 9 by Morganator100

Something around the old owner having hidden dodgy deals from the current owner who now wants out.

A real mess for the club.

Is that so far away from home.
Charlton Ath on 05:09 - Mar 10 with 4927 viewsTimTtam

How many clubs need to go down the toilet for the EFL to wake up?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Charlton Ath on 06:40 - Mar 10 with 4839 viewsDr_Winston

Charlton Ath on 23:31 - Mar 9 by Morganator100

he's a billionaire. An oil billionaire.

Didn't the price of oil crash today.

There seem to be serious questions about that billionaire status. Seems like a Trumpian character.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Charlton Ath on 14:14 - Mar 10 with 4310 viewskarnataka

Charlton Ath on 05:09 - Mar 10 by TimTtam

How many clubs need to go down the toilet for the EFL to wake up?

Probably all of them apart from the 6 they care about.

Everyone else can f*ck off as far as they and the UK media are concerned, they are just a nuisance as they feel obliged to give them airtime and column inches.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Ath on 17:06 - Mar 10 with 4089 viewsTimTtam

Charlton Ath on 14:14 - Mar 10 by karnataka

Probably all of them apart from the 6 they care about.

Everyone else can f*ck off as far as they and the UK media are concerned, they are just a nuisance as they feel obliged to give them airtime and column inches.

And in the past few days, news has also come in that Oldham may go into administration on Friday, and Southend & Macclesfield have been charged with misconduct for not paying wages (2nd time for Macc). Add these 3 and Charlton to the crapheap that has seen Bury sent to the 10th tier with a new name and Bolton relegated to League 2.

I decided to find out just how many fans the big 6 have ( http://www.stadium-maps.com/facts/epl_facebook_table.html ) and it horrifies me that from those stats, just in the PL 90.7% of supporters are big 6 supporters...
Roughly 242.7M vs 25M

My name is Matt

Charlton Ath on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 4076 viewsJackfath

Cut the "big" 6 free and let them play in a European super league with all their plastic fans.,

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Charlton Ath on 10:48 - Mar 11 with 3558 viewsCatullus

Charlton Ath on 17:06 - Mar 10 by TimTtam

And in the past few days, news has also come in that Oldham may go into administration on Friday, and Southend & Macclesfield have been charged with misconduct for not paying wages (2nd time for Macc). Add these 3 and Charlton to the crapheap that has seen Bury sent to the 10th tier with a new name and Bolton relegated to League 2.

I decided to find out just how many fans the big 6 have ( http://www.stadium-maps.com/facts/epl_facebook_table.html ) and it horrifies me that from those stats, just in the PL 90.7% of supporters are big 6 supporters...
Roughly 242.7M vs 25M

I've said this before, the system is set up purely to help the top 6/7 clubs. It almost seems as if they are happy for smaller clubs to go broke and out of existence so the big clubs can hoover up the fans.
Then take into account the 'fit and proper persons' test, it is proving to be not fit for purpose.
Football isn't a competition anymore, to most clubs, it's an existence. They struggle to survive while the rich clubs hoover up the resources and exist in the lap of luxury.

It's a reflection of society in general I guess, the rich get richer, the rest get left behind.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Charlton Ath on 12:47 - Mar 11 with 3477 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If games have to played behind closed doors that could have s profound effect on some lower league teams.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Charlton Ath on 12:48 - Mar 11 with 3475 viewsswanforthemoney

A lot of non Premier league clubs will suffer if closed doors games or cancelled games become the norm for the rest of the season.
Lower league clubs depend much more on gate money than the Premier League lot.
Worrying.

Oops, Jackmanandboy beat me to it.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:49]

I stand in the North Stand

Charlton Ath on 14:16 - Mar 11 with 3343 viewspencoedjack

Charlton Ath on 12:48 - Mar 11 by swanforthemoney

A lot of non Premier league clubs will suffer if closed doors games or cancelled games become the norm for the rest of the season.
Lower league clubs depend much more on gate money than the Premier League lot.
Worrying.

Oops, Jackmanandboy beat me to it.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:49]

Seems like a pretty level headed advise on sporting events (& in general)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-peak-easter-second-wave-uk-a43811
Charlton Ath on 14:30 - Mar 11 with 3315 viewsFireboy2

Charlton Ath on 17:09 - Mar 10 by Jackfath

Cut the "big" 6 free and let them play in a European super league with all their plastic fans.,

Been saying that for a while fathy.
Charlton Ath on 15:06 - Mar 11 with 3256 viewsTimTtam

Charlton Ath on 10:48 - Mar 11 by Catullus

I've said this before, the system is set up purely to help the top 6/7 clubs. It almost seems as if they are happy for smaller clubs to go broke and out of existence so the big clubs can hoover up the fans.
Then take into account the 'fit and proper persons' test, it is proving to be not fit for purpose.
Football isn't a competition anymore, to most clubs, it's an existence. They struggle to survive while the rich clubs hoover up the resources and exist in the lap of luxury.

It's a reflection of society in general I guess, the rich get richer, the rest get left behind.

It's a massive worry. They allowed Steve Dale and Ken Anderson to buy Bury and Bolton respectively, without proof of funds OR without passing the 'fit and proper test' that the EFL themselves would fail. One club died, and the other nearly did. Now they've let Charlton be bought without their owner passing the fit and proper test.

Maidstone, Scarborough, Hereford, Darlington, Chester, Wimbledon, Halifax, Bury. Am I missing anybody? Who's going to be the next club to go down the toilet? Charlton? Macclesfield? Oldham? Southend? Sunderland?

The only option I see is all clubs who have been screwed over either by the EFL directly or indirectly coming together in some sort of protest against the EFL. At minimum 10% of football fans don't support the big 6. People power is the only way.

I mean, yesterday the EFL had their Day of Action. Yet they take no action in helping clubs out or preventing corrupt owners from buying clubs (they made an inquest and came to the conclusion that with their 80M in the bank, they couldn't save Bury). They even had the nerve to post on Twitter how football clubs mean so much to the community, an directly about Charlton, saying they were a fantastic club. In the middle of those sort of posts, they made the statement about Charlton, and then later charged Southend & Macclesfield with misconduct.

23hrs ago:

19hrs ago:

Rant over.

My name is Matt

Charlton Ath on 17:05 - Mar 11 with 3160 viewsGaryjack

Charlton Ath on 14:30 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

Been saying that for a while fathy.

Sadly the reality of that would make things even worse.
Charlton Ath on 19:06 - Mar 11 with 3018 viewsCatullus

Charlton Ath on 15:06 - Mar 11 by TimTtam

It's a massive worry. They allowed Steve Dale and Ken Anderson to buy Bury and Bolton respectively, without proof of funds OR without passing the 'fit and proper test' that the EFL themselves would fail. One club died, and the other nearly did. Now they've let Charlton be bought without their owner passing the fit and proper test.

Maidstone, Scarborough, Hereford, Darlington, Chester, Wimbledon, Halifax, Bury. Am I missing anybody? Who's going to be the next club to go down the toilet? Charlton? Macclesfield? Oldham? Southend? Sunderland?

The only option I see is all clubs who have been screwed over either by the EFL directly or indirectly coming together in some sort of protest against the EFL. At minimum 10% of football fans don't support the big 6. People power is the only way.

I mean, yesterday the EFL had their Day of Action. Yet they take no action in helping clubs out or preventing corrupt owners from buying clubs (they made an inquest and came to the conclusion that with their 80M in the bank, they couldn't save Bury). They even had the nerve to post on Twitter how football clubs mean so much to the community, an directly about Charlton, saying they were a fantastic club. In the middle of those sort of posts, they made the statement about Charlton, and then later charged Southend & Macclesfield with misconduct.

23hrs ago:

19hrs ago:

Rant over.

The financial rules and regs themselves do more harm than good. Lets be honest, if your club is in financial difficulty the last thing you need is to be deducted points and be guaranteed relegation with the loss of income that entails.
Factor in that the big clubs employ the very best legal experts and often find a way to stop (or at least to vastly reduce) the punishment and it all looks lop sided yet again.

Clubs have sold their grounds to their owners for vastly more than the valuations in blatant attemnpts to beat the rule book. Maybe sports assets need to be valued by a neutral team of experts ro avoid such dodgy deals? That would only be the tip of the iceberg though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Charlton Ath on 08:14 - Mar 12 with 2733 viewsTimTtam

Charlton Ath on 19:06 - Mar 11 by Catullus

The financial rules and regs themselves do more harm than good. Lets be honest, if your club is in financial difficulty the last thing you need is to be deducted points and be guaranteed relegation with the loss of income that entails.
Factor in that the big clubs employ the very best legal experts and often find a way to stop (or at least to vastly reduce) the punishment and it all looks lop sided yet again.

Clubs have sold their grounds to their owners for vastly more than the valuations in blatant attemnpts to beat the rule book. Maybe sports assets need to be valued by a neutral team of experts ro avoid such dodgy deals? That would only be the tip of the iceberg though.

Exactly. It should be the owner that is punished, not the club and the fans. The EFL should have put in place measures where it can remove someone from ownership of a club if they don't have enough funds to run the club, or if they exploit a club's survival. I still believe in the 12pt administration deduction, otherwise clubs would exploit it like they used to. But league expulsion shouldn't ever be an option.

The classic example is how a few months ago the EFL fined Macclesfield for not having funds to pay player and staff wages. They have just done the same thing with Southend, and Macclesfield again. The EFL: "Oh ok, these clubs don't have enough money. The less money they have, the less likely they will be able to pay the wages. Lets fine them, and if they don't pay the wages, we'll deduct points and fine them even more!"

A salary cap is the only solution. The problem is that it would be extremely hard to implement, given the tiered system in the UK. Salary caps work extremely well in Australian sport, but only because we have one division.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 8:15]

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024