Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought for NHS staff 23:28 - Mar 16 with 3750 viewslegoman

My personal experience of the NHS is very positive, albeit I have been fortunate not to have had serious health issues. I believe the NHS staff on the ground do a fantastic job and we should already have much to thank them for.

However, the next few months will undoubtedly create even tougher times for these folks and I am confident the doctors, nurses and support staff will go above and beyond to provide the best treatment they can. I hope Joe Public will remember what these people did when we get through this frightening period.

I would like to propose that for the next few months the National Lottery jackpot is limited to say £500,000 with any surplus prize money going to a fund to help NHS staff. I admit I haven't thought through exactly how this would work - its just a starter for 10.

Anyone agree?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

A thought for NHS staff on 19:11 - Mar 17 with 889 viewsjack_lord

My wife had her fit mask training today so she could be pulled to work "elsewhere". Not a pleasant experience but harsh reality of the front line. Right now I wish she worked elsewhere.

This isn't on our doorstep it is in our community and is scary. It is quite worrying that a lot of people still seem to think it is just a worse version of seasonal flu because that kills so many people every year but we really don't need another strain taking hold that has the potential to kill 3 in a hundred as opposed to 1 in a thousand.

Hat's off to Paul and his team working so hard to keep everything clean as this is one of the critical areas to help prevent any further spreading and hat's off to everyone who is pulling together to promote any prevention of this virus taking hold.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A thought for NHS staff on 20:17 - Mar 17 with 858 viewsBanosswan

A thought for NHS staff on 17:27 - Mar 17 by BLAZE

Spare a thought for their existing patients too! I know two different people undergoing examination for potential cancer at the moment. Both had fairly complex biopsies scheduled for this week, but both have been contacted today to inform them that their operations have been postponed, with a reschedule date up to 6 months away

Edit. They were postponed because the threat of them catching the virus whilst recovering from surgery was deemed too high

If they are cancerous though, then this delay could prove to be a death sentence for them

[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:57]

They shouldn't be cancelling biopsies? We're still testing 2 week wait patients (cancer) in Birmingham. Hopefully it means that they've been assessed as having a low risk of cancer and the biopsy to confirm negative diagnosis has been cancelled.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

A thought for NHS staff on 21:05 - Mar 17 with 834 viewsCooperman

Another worthy thread. When I see our nurses and doctors going to work in protective gear and masks it really hits home. I’m sure they go about their business unflinchingly; brave souls each and every one of them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

A thought for NHS staff on 21:39 - Mar 17 with 808 viewsmajorraglan

A thought for NHS staff on 07:59 - Mar 17 by ladyjack

Consultants are said to be on 100k a year plus in many cases with big pensions even some GP doctors are said to break the 100k barrier with million pound pensions, some in the NHS earn big bucks, not the Indians but the chiefs.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 8:06]

I agree that there are some big earners in the NHS, but it’s a competitive market and if we don’t pay a decent rate then we risk having our talented people whisked away to places like the States where they can earn more.
A thought for NHS staff on 21:57 - Mar 17 with 786 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 21:39 - Mar 17 by majorraglan

I agree that there are some big earners in the NHS, but it’s a competitive market and if we don’t pay a decent rate then we risk having our talented people whisked away to places like the States where they can earn more.

Unfortunately and disappointingly yes, it's not a good look putting money before ones country and being able to help fellow countrymen and women when receiving reasonable pay but apparently it is a problem.
A thought for NHS staff on 22:32 - Mar 17 with 775 viewsmajorraglan

A thought for NHS staff on 21:05 - Mar 17 by Cooperman

Another worthy thread. When I see our nurses and doctors going to work in protective gear and masks it really hits home. I’m sure they go about their business unflinchingly; brave souls each and every one of them.

My wife and my youngest work in the NHS and to be honest I am very concerned for them. Nearly lost the youngest last year following a period of unexpected illness, it as harrowing. They get paid a very modest wage for the job they do.
A thought for NHS staff on 01:10 - Mar 18 with 745 viewsBLAZE

A thought for NHS staff on 20:17 - Mar 17 by Banosswan

They shouldn't be cancelling biopsies? We're still testing 2 week wait patients (cancer) in Birmingham. Hopefully it means that they've been assessed as having a low risk of cancer and the biopsy to confirm negative diagnosis has been cancelled.

Yes, that's what I was hoping. I haven't had a chance to speak to them properly yet
A thought for NHS staff on 08:05 - Mar 18 with 679 viewsjack_lord

A thought for NHS staff on 01:10 - Mar 18 by BLAZE

Yes, that's what I was hoping. I haven't had a chance to speak to them properly yet

My wife is still taking biopsies in gynae but they have stopped a lot of other clinics.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

A thought for NHS staff on 10:09 - Mar 18 with 658 viewsWxmJax

I'm at Ysbyty Maelor in Wrexham at the moment for a follow up x-ray. It's quite surreal, very quiet. On coming back from x-ray to fracture clinic they have since begun taking everyone's temperature and getting people to wash their hands. When I arrived we were using the hand sanitizers. I feel for the staff.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

A thought for NHS staff on 10:37 - Mar 18 with 648 viewsCountyJim

A thought for NHS staff on 10:09 - Mar 18 by WxmJax

I'm at Ysbyty Maelor in Wrexham at the moment for a follow up x-ray. It's quite surreal, very quiet. On coming back from x-ray to fracture clinic they have since begun taking everyone's temperature and getting people to wash their hands. When I arrived we were using the hand sanitizers. I feel for the staff.

Never use the Q word in hospital
A thought for NHS staff on 10:39 - Mar 18 with 643 viewsladyjack

A thought for NHS staff on 10:37 - Mar 18 by CountyJim

What is the Q word ?
A thought for NHS staff on 11:02 - Mar 18 with 620 viewsCountyJim

A thought for NHS staff on 10:39 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

What is the Q word ?

If I told you I'd have to kill you
A thought for NHS staff on 11:11 - Mar 18 with 613 viewsladyjack

Clearly top secret stuff then.
A thought for NHS staff on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 595 viewschad

What is the Q word ?

It’s not quite, but quite similar
A thought for NHS staff on 11:35 - Mar 18 with 590 viewsWxmJax

A thought for NHS staff on 10:37 - Mar 18 by CountyJim

My apologies, I'll keep it Q from now on.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

A thought for NHS staff on 13:08 - Mar 18 with 570 viewsCatullus

What is the Q word ?

Shush

My wife went to work in Morriston as usuall, they have been asking about transferable skills. She could be sent to work in any department where she'd be useful.

It really is a case of all of us doing whatever we can to help, wherever we are. Even the smallest act can be a big help.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024